AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might not be a bad idea. Think we can get more than 700 people to like it? I am not mentioning this for popularity-I bringing it up from an exposure perspective. Because Cassie is America's child now according to Find Cassie.

I would be willing to help out, I know I'm in the UK but I run a website and I love the techy side and all that jazz.

If BR was picked up on a probation violation, he may have had his probation revoked and has been ordered to serve the rest of his sentence from the original charge. Therefore he may not have any new charges at all.

Maybe im being naive, but if he is a suspect, wouldn't they use the possibility of going back to jail as leverage to get him to talk about what happened with cassie? To just lock him back up would seem like a waste of an opportunity. if the used this as leverage against him, im sure he wouldnt confess or knowingly implicate himself, but he might accuse someone else who would then have to answer some pretty awkward questions. That would get the ball rolling at least and help the truth come out.

If BR was picked up on a probation violation, he may have had his probation revoked and has been ordered to serve the rest of his sentence from the original charge. Therefore he may not have any new charges at all.

But it would be somewhere, kwim? He has been around the block some-he isnt staying voluntarily unless he is in danger of having some kind of serious bodily harm. He probably isnt willingly having his civil liberties violated.

If you were LE wouldnt you tell the world that one of your suspects in a missing persons investigation is in custody for xyz? Think of the pressure it would put on other people out there!!! They would be scrambling to tell what they know before they are charged too.

Maybe Vinelink is wrong. Maybe he isnt in custody at all.

Now that would be something. What if he is actually out and about. Hmm.

Maybe we should take a look at who is friends with whom on SM? Any overlap with the investigation?

There have been many times, since I learned of Cassie, that I have been sad (along with a plethora of other emotions). Today is the very first time I have felt discouraged and disheartened. I TRY to stay positive and I do still hold out hope she is alive, that she just ran away. I believe until there is proof otherwise - actual tangible evidence - there is hope!

As I was making my list of people to contact today, I combed the internet (forums, news stories, comment sections, etc.) and this is where I became discouraged. Cassie's disappearance seems to have come during a time of local strife and turmoil in Stuttgart that has nothing and everything to do with her case. IIRC a few have commented here about some of the issues plaguing the town. It seems Cassie's case may be falling through the cracks due to timing/circumstance (not an excuse by any means, just a possible reason). Small towns are definitely hot beds for gossip, rumors, and "who you know" type situations. Anyway, as I was trying to slog through all the drama to find things that may impact the investigation into Cassie's disappearance, there seem to be a few things. According to news reports on the shooting of a local young man in July, the son of the chief of police may have been at the scene when the shooting occurred.

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...as-shot-for-no-r/44046/kruKgMrkfEy1c37Q5XwhSQ

This, along with suspicions of police and city government corruption, have created a lot of tension in Stuttgart (I'm sure the locals can attest to this). While it can't be considered fact, a cursory glace through various SM and MSM comments, tell me that locals aren't happy with the way many things are being handled via current SPD and city officials. Can any locals verify or give any details on whether the police chief, Michael Smith, is resigning or retiring? It seems all the stories relating to Cassie, commented on by police in that area, have been addressed by the asst. chief, Steven Bobo. The following article has probably been posted, but I wanted to post it again in light of all the walls we've hit collectively in regards to Cassie.

http://www.katv.com/story/26117276/...edia-lies-being-told-over-20-year-olds-murder

There is a "changing of the guard" coming. I hope that Cassie is found safe as soon as possible (this minute!), but if she isn't, I don't hold much hope current local officials (PD or the mayor) will be of much assistance. In saying all of that, there was a new mayor elected that will take office after the first of the year. Can any locals chime in on the mayor-elect, J.W. Green, Jr.? What I am afraid of is it will do no good to contact local resources that SHOULD be handling this situation. IMO, if anything is going to get done it will have to come from an independent, outside resource. There just seems to be far too much "politicking" (as my mother calls it) going on in the swell metropolis of Stuttgart to devote any effort toward a missing 15 yr old girl that barely anyone knew, especially if she was from the wrong side of the tracks. Is Cassie deemed an actual missing person at this point or is she still classified as a runaway via law enforcement? The link below is the last MSM article I can find and it doesn't definitively state how she is classified.

"Assistant Chief Steven Bobo with Stuttgart PD said, at first, Compton was considered a runaway until past leads contradicted that."
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/kark/16628/H5XCgd7Hp0yGkiXvRwR7sA

So, here is where I am now...If local law enforcement bungled the whole MP report/investigation in the beginning, is there a chance outside resources can even help? Media can only report on what is available. When I contacted Leah Uko (the reporter referenced at the end of 3rd article) she said there was nothing new in Cassie's case. I'm still waiting to hear back from others I've reached out to today. How do we (as a group) overcome lack of media coverage, no leads, seemingly no investigation, no large local uprising or demand for Cassie's safe return, little to no parental/familial voice, and our group is spread all over the globe? Cassie still isn't listed in NamUs either. I'm sorry to be such a downer. I have not and will not give up on Cassie. How do we help this child? :deepbreaths:

Happy Birthday, Cassie.

@JBontke_KATV: "I'll keep this birthday cake until Cassie comes home" we'll have a report on 16YO Cassie Compton at 6&10. http://t.co/gjbaK2RSFp

Probably so.
Who are those people? I don't mean names, but are they part of Cassie's family?
I would delete it if I was in charge of that page....fast...

I don't know the "kissing people" personally, but I am pretty sure they are the couple who held the Halloween fundraiser at the karaoke bar in DeWitt. And I think he is a brother to one of the ladies, not TS, who went public very early trying to promote awareness. Another negative event happened in the family, after the first FB page fell apart. I can ask another admin I am on good terms with to pull down pictures, but still leave their posted words.

There have been many times, since I learned of Cassie, that I have been sad (along with a plethora of other emotions). Today is the very first time I have felt discouraged and disheartened. I TRY to stay positive and I do still hold out hope she is alive, that she just ran away. I believe until there is proof otherwise - actual tangible evidence - there is hope!

As I was making my list of people to contact today, I combed the internet (forums, news stories, comment sections, etc.) and this is where I became discouraged. Cassie's disappearance seems to have come during a time of local strife and turmoil in Stuttgart that has nothing and everything to do with her case. IIRC a few have commented here about some of the issues plaguing the town. It seems Cassie's case may be falling through the cracks due to timing/circumstance (not an excuse by any means, just a possible reason). Small towns are definitely hot beds for gossip, rumors, and "who you know" type situations. Anyway, as I was trying to slog through all the drama to find things that may impact the investigation into Cassie's disappearance, there seem to be a few things. According to news reports on the shooting of a local young man in July, the son of the chief of police may have been at the scene when the shooting occurred.

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...as-shot-for-no-r/44046/kruKgMrkfEy1c37Q5XwhSQ

This, along with suspicions of police and city government corruption, have created a lot of tension in Stuttgart (I'm sure the locals can attest to this). While it can't be considered fact, a cursory glace through various SM and MSM comments, tell me that locals aren't happy with the way many things are being handled via current SPD and city officials. Can any locals verify or give any details on whether the police chief, Michael Smith, is resigning or retiring? It seems all the stories relating to Cassie, commented on by police in that area, have been addressed by the asst. chief, Steven Bobo. The following article has probably been posted, but I wanted to post it again in light of all the walls we've hit collectively in regards to Cassie.

http://www.katv.com/story/26117276/...edia-lies-being-told-over-20-year-olds-murder

There is a "changing of the guard" coming. I hope that Cassie is found safe as soon as possible (this minute!), but if she isn't, I don't hold much hope current local officials (PD or the mayor) will be of much assistance. In saying all of that, there was a new mayor elected that will take office after the first of the year. Can any locals chime in on the mayor-elect, J.W. Green, Jr.? What I am afraid of is it will do no good to contact local resources that SHOULD be handling this situation. IMO, if anything is going to get done it will have to come from an independent, outside resource. There just seems to be far too much "politicking" (as my mother calls it) going on in the swell metropolis of Stuttgart to devote any effort toward a missing 15 yr old girl that barely anyone knew, especially if she was from the wrong side of the tracks. Is Cassie deemed an actual missing person at this point or is she still classified as a runaway via law enforcement? The link below is the last MSM article I can find and it doesn't definitively state how she is classified.

"Assistant Chief Steven Bobo with Stuttgart PD said, at first, Compton was considered a runaway until past leads contradicted that."
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/kark/16628/H5XCgd7Hp0yGkiXvRwR7sA

So, here is where I am now...If local law enforcement bungled the whole MP report/investigation in the beginning, is there a chance outside resources can even help? Media can only report on what is available. When I contacted Leah Uko (the reporter referenced at the end of 3rd article) she said there was nothing new in Cassie's case. I'm still waiting to hear back from others I've reached out to today. How do we (as a group) overcome lack of media coverage, no leads, seemingly no investigation, no large local uprising or demand for Cassie's safe return, little to no parental/familial voice, and our group is spread all over the globe? Cassie still isn't listed in NamUs either. I'm sorry to be such a downer. I have not and will not give up on Cassie. How do we help this child? :deepbreaths:

Thanks for all your hard work and information Saucy. :hug:

Thanks for reading through that entire post...LOL! I didn't realize how long it was until I entered it and saw it on the screen. I apologize for the length everyone.

I don't know the "kissing people" personally, but I am pretty sure they are the couple who held the Halloween fundraiser at the karaoke bar in DeWitt. And I think he is a brother to one of the ladies, not TS, who went public very early trying to promote awareness. Another negative event happened in the family, after the first FB page fell apart. I can ask another admin I am on good terms with to pull down pictures, but still leave their posted words.

Well it is their page and they can do what they want...It just seems very inappropriate IMO.

Can anyone speak to the role the Sheriff's department is playing here? I know Alan Cheek has made a few statements:
LINK HERE

Anything Casscoe is Mr. Cheek's jurisdiction. I think city police can share jurisdiction up to 2 miles outside city limits in certain circumstances, but most of the searching for Arkansas County unincorporated falls under sheriff. Even more complicated is that the city's landfill, and the city's airport, are actually in Prairie County jurisdiction involving a different set of deputies. Prairie County is the other side of my creek. (Part of why state police were involved early?)

Cassie...

I am thinking of you on your Sweet Sixteen...

If you are not celebrating it today... I hope you will in the very near future...

:cake4u: :heartbeat: :cupcake:

Anything Casscoe is Mr. Cheek's jurisdiction. I think city police can share jurisdiction up to 2 miles outside city limits in certain circumstances, but most of the searching for Arkansas County unincorporated falls under sheriff. Even more complicated is that the city's landfill, and the city's airport, are actually in Prairie County jurisdiction involving a different set of deputies. Prairie County is the other side of my creek. (Part of why state police were involved early?)

I noticed this today as I was making my contact list! It was pretty confusing! Thanks for providing that info, it's helpful.

Please tell me we will get some info on her clothing and where BR is and why......pleaaaaaaaassseeeeeeeee

Everyone's pot stirring is bringing about some action....this would be such a great time to have a completely beefed up FB page with all of the outreach and all of the info...the media and new peeps are going to go hunting and stumble across jamberry nails and webcams of people kissing. :sigh:

I can make a FB page and add some of you as admins.

What should we call it?

Come Home Cassie
Where is Cassie?
Caring for Cassie
Missing Cassie
A Rally for Cassie
The Cassie Challenge
The Cassie Movement
Answers for Cassie

Any and all help with a page name is appreciated. Just thought of these in the last 20 seconds. I would love if we could all chime in on her page and it be more about the hunt for answers, searching for her, reaching out to media, and the like.

But I'll tell you now... I am NO GOOD in front of a camera so if we get any media attention for this then you best believe it will be someone else up there. I turn into jello and stutter. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes