AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another local has joined in on the Bills Gibbs forum and would appreciate any help. They indicated that local LE did not process the truck.

That page needs a few WSers from Cassie's page that have dealt w the LE of various levels in that area & otherwise. Not to mention any one that has experience with prints-footprints, shoe prints etc...

Just wanted to say that I LOVE the way the Find Cassie Compton FB page is looking! I especially appreciate the "who was Cassie to you?" comments. Kudos to all who have helped with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am trying to get some more graphics going too. Does anyone know any FB pages where they can share her FB link on the wall and get some additional traffic. I think the link needs to be placed in any and all news articles posted online.

Surely with the combined Cassie/Mr. Gibbs cases a reporter would be interested? This seems like a big deal in a small town. Maybe some could be tempted away from the craziness that is Arron Lewis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to get some more graphics going too. Does anyone know any FB pages where they can share her FB link on the wall and get some additional traffic. I think the link needs to be placed in any and all news articles posted online.

I just put it on THV11's page, and in the comments under their post about Cassie yesterday.

I posted it on several today.

That page needs a few WSers from Cassie's page that have dealt w the LE of various levels in that area & otherwise. Not to mention any one that has experience with prints-footprints, shoe prints etc...

I got the two pictures provided by the family posted, one of door handle and one of floor mat.

OK now I am lost, lol. Are we speaking about Cassie or Mr Gibbs?

TY STM.

I just want to circle back to setting up a new focused FB page, increasing the twitter traffic and encouraging the locals on the ground to establish tip boxes for the Christmas parade. Time is flying and the prep for the float is going on now I assume.

TY STM.

I just want to circle back to setting up a new focused FB page, increasing the twitter traffic and encouraging the locals on the ground to establish tip boxes for the Christmas parade. Time is flying and the prep for the float is going on now I assume.

I would really try working with the current page now. She told me yesterday she was very open to suggestions and adding more detailed information about searches, evidence (or lack of I guess), etc. I have posted on several news FB pages in Arkansas, as well as Jane Valez-Mitchell's FB. Feel free to message her directly on the FB page or you can send it through me. I have asked her to become an admin but she has to talk to the other two admins first. I would like to wait on that decision before starting a new one.

I have had Cassie's bedsheets on my mind for a long time ever since "the drapes." Were they among things taken from the home by LE or not? Are they being tested for hair or DNA? Considering JC was sleeping/drowsy from medication in her own bed, and considering the house probably only has two bedrooms (because it is maybe 800 sq ft), I have thought about whether any kind of assault could have happened in the living room only one wall from Judy or in the other bedroom two walls away. I can picture BR grabbing them when police left, running outside, dousing with grill lighter fluid and lighting them . . . This is my imagination, but if one of my children were gone, I would ASK LE to take the sheets.
That is what is most maddening about this case. No one is telling us anything about what they have done. Why? Did they mess up and they don't want us to know? Is the FBI always hush-hush? Why was HG photos and videos posted, but not this case?

My heart skipped a beat, with glory. Then I saw the date. *heavy sigh*

The screen shot is from a reliable adult, BB. Pretty sure it was thoroughly looked into because the laundry / car wash has multiple cameras on the machines that turn bills into quarters. Owner is a nice lady who would be cooperative.

I posted this over in the forum for Mr Gibss & thought I should post it here as well

I wonder if with both Mr Gibbs & Cassie Compton's cases if someone shouldn't speak to the churches in town about letting their members know that they can include tips in the passing plate on Sunday if they are not comfortable talking to LE?

While I know it's not helpful in the search efforts or knowing what's happening in Cassie's case....I just wanted to say she's weighing heavily on my mind and heart tonight/this morning (after midnight here). I'm remaining positive that her light will overshadow all of the negativity that has surrounded her disappearance. I remain hopeful that word of her case and the efforts for her safe return will spread like wildfire. While I can't speak for her/her family, I know I appreciate every one of you actively trying to find her. It makes me feel good knowing that complete strangers are willing to make time to find this young lady. Also, thanks for just being here to "listen" to me ramble. :loveyou: Here's to hoping not one more day passes without knowing where Cassie is!

Just an idea for anyone local going to the parade. Maybe some carchalk, glass chalk it's inexpensive and can do several cars.
With the tip phone number and #FindCassieCompton on some cars?
This is a sample but think more effective with tip phone number. Really cheap and easy to find.
Good for kids to decorate cars and gives them an outlet to show support for missing frined. Including example but again feel better to have tip line number.
The other thing is Police Dept should print flyers for you to hand out if you ask them.
Wallet business cards are cheap also for hand out. People like them to keep handy.

The photo is just a sample of carchalk.
Sending positive thoughts and prayers

Church bulletins are also a great way to get prayers and spread the word.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417935118737.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417935118737.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 157
Kudos to the Find Cassie Compton page ... they are really trying! Let's help them grow.
Can't see another page for Cassie shut down. Prayers!!

Great ideas!! I'm considering heading down there for the parade...I need to see some of my people anyway. If I do, I'll grab some of the window markers and do just that - #FindCassieCompton and then phone number(s). Thanks!

There have been many times, since I learned of Cassie, that I have been sad (along with a plethora of other emotions). Today is the very first time I have felt discouraged and disheartened. I TRY to stay positive and I do still hold out hope she is alive, that she just ran away. I believe until there is proof otherwise - actual tangible evidence - there is hope!

As I was making my list of people to contact today, I combed the internet (forums, news stories, comment sections, etc.) and this is where I became discouraged. Cassie's disappearance seems to have come during a time of local strife and turmoil in Stuttgart that has nothing and everything to do with her case. IIRC a few have commented here about some of the issues plaguing the town. It seems Cassie's case may be falling through the cracks due to timing/circumstance (not an excuse by any means, just a possible reason). Small towns are definitely hot beds for gossip, rumors, and "who you know" type situations. Anyway, as I was trying to slog through all the drama to find things that may impact the investigation into Cassie's disappearance, there seem to be a few things. According to news reports on the shooting of a local young man in July, the son of the chief of police may have been at the scene when the shooting occurred.

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...as-shot-for-no-r/44046/kruKgMrkfEy1c37Q5XwhSQ

This, along with suspicions of police and city government corruption, have created a lot of tension in Stuttgart (I'm sure the locals can attest to this). While it can't be considered fact, a cursory glace through various SM and MSM comments, tell me that locals aren't happy with the way many things are being handled via current SPD and city officials. Can any locals verify or give any details on whether the police chief, Michael Smith, is resigning or retiring? It seems all the stories relating to Cassie, commented on by police in that area, have been addressed by the asst. chief, Steven Bobo. The following article has probably been posted, but I wanted to post it again in light of all the walls we've hit collectively in regards to Cassie.

http://www.katv.com/story/26117276/...edia-lies-being-told-over-20-year-olds-murder

There is a "changing of the guard" coming. I hope that Cassie is found safe as soon as possible (this minute!), but if she isn't, I don't hold much hope current local officials (PD or the mayor) will be of much assistance. In saying all of that, there was a new mayor elected that will take office after the first of the year. Can any locals chime in on the mayor-elect, J.W. Green, Jr.? What I am afraid of is it will do no good to contact local resources that SHOULD be handling this situation. IMO, if anything is going to get done it will have to come from an independent, outside resource. There just seems to be far too much "politicking" (as my mother calls it) going on in the swell metropolis of Stuttgart to devote any effort toward a missing 15 yr old girl that barely anyone knew, especially if she was from the wrong side of the tracks. Is Cassie deemed an actual missing person at this point or is she still classified as a runaway via law enforcement? The link below is the last MSM article I can find and it doesn't definitively state how she is classified.

"Assistant Chief Steven Bobo with Stuttgart PD said, at first, Compton was considered a runaway until past leads contradicted that."
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/kark/16628/H5XCgd7Hp0yGkiXvRwR7sA

So, here is where I am now...If local law enforcement bungled the whole MP report/investigation in the beginning, is there a chance outside resources can even help? Media can only report on what is available. When I contacted Leah Uko (the reporter referenced at the end of 3rd article) she said there was nothing new in Cassie's case. I'm still waiting to hear back from others I've reached out to today. How do we (as a group) overcome lack of media coverage, no leads, seemingly no investigation, no large local uprising or demand for Cassie's safe return, little to no parental/familial voice, and our group is spread all over the globe? Cassie still isn't listed in NamUs either. I'm sorry to be such a downer. I have not and will not give up on Cassie. How do we help this child? :deepbreaths:

I am new here - born and raised on the Grand Prairie and have a huge family that still lives in and around Stuttgart. A few thoughts to share.
1. With a dozen teen girls over the Thanksgiving weekend - when I asked them about Cassie, they were all confident that she wasn't in danger, she has been spotted around town, etc. These Jr. High kids are clueless - and the school would be a good place to start educating about the truth of this case. Tip boxes in the schools ASAP - IMO
2. Adults spoke of the house fire and said that neighbors reported a horrible stench at the Compton home and the house fire followed. Rumor is that BR burned any DNA evidence in that random fire.
3. Stuttgart LE is a joke. As stated on this site, there has been criminal activity, the Chief's son's involvement in a murder, drugs, bribery. I wouldn't count on anything being handled properly from that agency.
4. Race relations are not good. It is a cliquish town, with "haves" vs. "have nots" and "black" vs. "white". There is a "right" and "wrong" side of the tracks, and the Compton's live on the "wrong" side. If the right players get involved in this effort, things could change overnight. Maybe recruit more teachers, business leaders, etc. to bring attention to the effort. Right now, these people think this is a domestic issue, and the culprit has been arrested.
5. New Mayor, J.W. Green, is a lawyer, former Judge and a bad *advertiser censored*! If anyone will kick butt and take names, he is the man. I think things will get cleaned up, and I hope locals get to him ASAP about how this case has been handled. Some LE could lose their jobs over this mess. His "Bufford Pusser" style of leading should whip some folks into shape and hopefully bring down the crime rate in ArCo. Sheriff Cheek came in on fire, but I think he hit some brick walls. Maybe these two together can change to landscape of Stuttgart and ArCo.

It is amazing to see the efforts this group is making to help Cassie and I am willing to help in any way. God Bless you all and continued prayers to bring this precious child home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90