AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What agency did JC reach out to??And what agency with a PI?

There has been at least 5 different flyers with the 5 different organization names attached to them, along with several 'misc.' generated ones. It is my opinion that none of them can get much further in helping beyond whipping out a flyer, if they can't have the support and cooperation of family of the missing person. IS that what is happening here?

My personal opinion is unless her parent(s) and/or family members step up boldly and loudly to become Cassie's VOICE...everything else is just going to be a whisper in the wind....

so if her family is reading here, please get vocal for Cassie...if you love her and care about her....you have got to shout it from the rooftop, bug the newspaper & TV stations, be in touch with all of the LE, ask these various organizations that did the flyers what YOU need to be doing, talk to everyone you meet each day about Cassie, and put forth effort to keep her front and center on the FB page that was supposedly created by her family member, that is now just sitting there. Show people you care and want to find her....no matter who, what, where , why or when!!
We can moan and groan, and speculate on here until the cows come home from miles away for most of us, but NOTHING speaks louder than FAMILY.

Amen.

This poor child.

Family- people who love Cassie and KNOW Cassie- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reach out. We are all easy enough to contact. Don't be afraid, don't be defensive, don't be paralyzed by what may happen. Just do it.
Helping to bring Cassie home is the singular most effective way to show her and tell her how much you love her right now.

Don't give up. Love her enough to reach out, even if you're scared. There are multiple people, in multiple jurisdictions, with multiple resources, just waiting for a call from family asking for help.

PLEASE. Do that for Cassie.

AND PLEASE, if anyone has contact with Cassie's family- pass these messages along. I know this is a tough one, but even if you get met with silence or hatred or indifference- do it anyway. You never know when someone might change their mind.

First I want to say that one of the things I have learned here on WS is that more often than not LE is doing a lot more behind the scenes than what we,the general public, know about . Hope that is true in Cassie's case as well.
Now...in my opinion, getting the agency with the PI involved did not happen quickly. IIRC Cassie had been missing for at least several weeks. This agency was contacted after we had heard that the FBI was involved then not another word about them after,, KK and K9 unit had came and left with no further word, and SPD was MIA (seemingly at least).
It is my understanding that these resourses have to be requested by LE and a family member and one or the other or both were not reaching out. For some reason JC did reach out to the agency with the PI. Maybe because she thought the PI would look into tracking Cassie down as a run away and the other angencys would not?..IDK
Just my thoughts and :twocents:

BBM-which resources? It isnt always the case that local LE needs to invite others into their turf. It can be customary for sure. ASP and FBI were pretty quick to take over, so maybe they were already in the area for other reasons. We dont know and it is something to think about. If law enforcement contact scares you, reach out to 1800-the-lost. NCMEC is not a law enforcement agency.

Respectfully and no offense to the PI organization that JC reached out to, if it was JC who actually reached out, they are the ones that will require cooperation from LE. TES and KK do as well. These are things that are worth thinking about-creating a TES and KK flyer does not require LE permission or cooperation. It is hard to be productive on the ground without a sharing of information. Flyers dont mean the sharing has happened.

Just like putting Cassie's case into NAMUS doesnt necessarily mean that LE approved the veracity of the information.

I bring these things up because I think it is important to distinguish what we know, what we are guessing and what we are assuming in Cassie's case. If nothing else, I think we have learned not to take for granted that the information we are being told is fact. This is across the boards. I think we are still at square one in a way-we know what we can see on the police report and we know what we can see in the pictures on SM. I dont know what else to believe at this point that is outside of the actual FOIA and the Social Media we have found.

Agreed.
And speaking of FOIA. What does it say about a case when it is widely known that people are in possession of FOIA info and not one single person requests the info. Not one. Not a reporter. Not a family member. Not a PI. Not a tv producer. Not a writer. Not a concerned citizen. Not a detective.
No one.

What exactly does that that say about a case? Because quite honestly, I have never had that happen before and I would love to hear some thoughts on that.

Am I being entirely too hopeful in thinking that means all of those people who should be interested in FOIA info have already obtained it themselves and found it to be useless? Because that is one depressing thought for this child.

BBM-which resources? It isnt always the case that local LE needs to invite others into their turf. It can be customary for sure. ASP and FBI were pretty quick to take over, so maybe they were already in the area for other reasons. We dont know and it is something to think about. If law enforcement contact scares you, reach out to 1800-the-lost. NCMEC is not a law enforcement agency.

Respectfully and no offense to the PI organization that JC reached out to, if it was JC who actually reached out, they are the ones that will require cooperation from LE. TES and KK do as well. These are things that are worth thinking about-creating a TES and KK flyer does not require LE permission or cooperation. It is hard to be productive on the ground without a sharing of information. Flyers dont mean the sharing has happened.

Just like putting Cassie's case into NAMUS doesnt necessarily mean that LE approved the veracity of the information.

I bring these things up because I think it is important to distinguish what we know, what we are guessing and what we are assuming in Cassie's case. If nothing else, I think we have learned not to take for granted that the information we are being told is fact. This is across the boards. I think we are still at square one in a way-we know what we can see on the police report and we know what we can see in the pictures on SM. I dont know what else to believe at this point that is outside of the actual FOIA and the Social Media we have found.

The organization that I was told JC reached out to was CFSI. I assumed it was true that JC reached out to them because it says on their web site that the family has to request and LE has to be involved in order for this organization to get involved. I also ASSumed that JC did in fact fill out the paper work because I saw the flyer that was made. But I now understand that these organizations do not have to be involved with a case to make a flyer. Which is also the only thing that I saw that KK did also.
The FBI is supposedly still on Cassie's case and the ASP have also been involved so who is left to contact? And who needs to do the contacting? And how do we know they haven't been contacted?
About FOIA information.... SPD told me that a FOIA was not required to obtain the missing person report, so, what FOIA information are you talking about?
Just really confused right now.....

Agreed.
And speaking of FOIA. What does it say about a case when it is widely known that people are in possession of FOIA info and not one single person requests the info. Not one. Not a reporter. Not a family member. Not a PI. Not a tv producer. Not a writer. Not a concerned citizen. Not a detective.
No one.

What exactly does that that say about a case? Because quite honestly, I have never had that happen before and I would love to hear some thoughts on that.

Am I being entirely too hopeful in thinking that means all of those people who should be interested in FOIA info have already obtained it themselves and found it to be useless? Because that is one depressing thought for this child.

What FOIA information ?

The organization that I was told JC reached out to was CFSI. I assumed it was true that JC reached out to them because it says on their web site that the family has to request and LE has to be involved in order for this organization to get involved. I also ASSumed that JC did in fact fill out the paper work because I saw the flyer that was made. But I now understand that these organizations do not have to be involved with a case to make a flyer. Which is also the only thing that I saw that KK did also.
The FBI is supposedly still on Cassie's case and the ASP have also been involved so who is left to contact? And who needs to do the contacting? And how do we know they haven't been contacted?
About FOIA information.... SPD told me that a FOIA was not required to obtain the missing person report, so, what FOIA information are you talking about?
Just really confused right now.....

A simple missing persons report is not what I was referring to. The MP report filed by SPD says almost absolutely nothing (although I have to say, I did do my homework on the responding officer.)
I was referring to the investigative actions taken in regard to Cassie's case. You can file FOIA requests with more than just a local PD. You can file with state and federal as well. They all typically contain different information, because each investigative body is responsible for their own reports. So in other words, let's say the FBI came in early on in Cassie's case. (They did.) They had to file their own, independent investigative report, separate from SPD. So did the ASP. Often, those reports will differ significantly, both in detail and in implication. Each agency interviews and investigates differently, and they file their own reports accordingly. Those reports are also available via FOIA- unless denied- in which case, the investigative agency has to provide a reason for the denial.
I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but this was explained in a link somewhere upthread. When there is more than one jurisdiction involved in a case, as there is in Cassie's, then there is more investigative information to be gained, which the investigative body providing it is legally responsible for.
I hope this helps explain a bit.

In addition, it is my personal opinion that (if she has not already) JC should go into the ASP and file yet another MP report for Cassie, as well as the Little Rock field office. Herself. She can take a support person with her, or if she needs help with transportation or whatever- it doesn't matter if there is someone else with her. As long as she does it herself and makes a statement about the time, place, and circumstances that Cassie went missing under and puts her name to it- that might go a long way toward helping move this case in some sort of direction. Even if she has to do it over and over again, and hear over and over again- yeah, we already have that info.
jmvho.

A simple missing persons report is not what I was referring to. The MP report filed by SPD says almost absolutely nothing (although I have to say, I did do my homework on the responding officer.)
I was referring to the investigative actions taken in regard to Cassie's case. You can file FOIA requests with more than just a local PD. You can file with state and federal as well. They all typically contain different information, because each investigative body is responsible for their own reports. So in other words, let's say the FBI came in early on in Cassie's case. (They did.) They had to file their own, independent investigative report, separate from SPD. So did the ASP. Often, those reports will differ significantly, both in detail and in implication. Each agency interviews and investigates differently, and they file their own reports accordingly. Those reports are also available via FOIA- unless denied- in which case, the investigative agency has to provide a reason for the denial.
I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but this was explained in a link somewhere upthread. When there is more than one jurisdiction involved in a case, as there is in Cassie's, then there is more investigative information to be gained, which the investigative body providing it is legally responsible for.
I hope this helps explain a bit.

I am sorry that I wasn't clear....I know what FOIA information is, I just meant that I did not know that any FOIA had been obtained or what that information that has been obtained was.
Sorry I wasn't clear...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was chastising or patronizing. That was not my intent. They have been filed. And quite some time ago. :(

Tupelo, you did a great job picking up that document. I appreciate it more than you know. The facts that it proves are that Cassie was reported missing on 9/15 and that Cassie was reported by her mother. The dates, the time, the clothing...it's all on JC. I just want to know why that info changed, and I just want to know why it is incomplete. I would also like to know that primary DNA and dental records have been collected and turned over to LE. Not to mention medical records.

Tupelo, you did a great job picking up that document. I appreciate it more than you know. The facts that it proves are that Cassie was reported missing on 9/15 and that Cassie was reported by her mother. The dates, the time, the clothing...it's all on JC. I just want to know why that info changed, and I just want to know why it is incomplete. I would also like to know that primary DNA and dental records have been collected and turned over to LE. Not to mention medical records.

Thank you Believe.
I wish I had had some experience under my belt before going to SPD because it was very strange. Maybe all PD's act the same..idk. If my experience is any indication of those of you who have called them , well...I don't even know what to say.
I had a conversation yesterday with my DH about the SPD saying they had a file cabinet full of missing persons going back to the '80's. His opinion was that they were trying to say " hey we got a lot on our plate down here...real busy... so don't expect us to be able to help you much with one little girl". (That type thing) He in no way believes there are a file cabinet full of missing people around Stuttgart and neither do I.
There are many many questions and things that need to be done for Cassie and JC must answer the questions and do what needs to be done for her daughter. ImOO. There were folks in my circle who said maybe JC didn't know what to do, or that she was in shock and grief stricken. Well I understand but there has been lots of time now... time to pull yourself up by the boot straps and get things done for your little girl. All in my vhoo.

Tupelo, I too very much appreciate you picking up the MP report. It was not only kind to go into a situation you were unfamiliar with for the sake of a child you do not even know- it was flat out brave.
Believe09, I am also with you on wanting to know and understand why the information we have available to us is so incomplete and chameleon-like.

As for the 'file of missing people'- Tupelo I think I understand what your DH was trying to say; but one missing girl is indeed worth the time to investigate- no matter what else is going on within or surrounding the community.

As an aside (somewhat unrelated but ya'll can draw whatever conclusions you want from this info) if my math is correct NCIC has, as of Oct 2014: 414 missing persons in Arkansas. 20 of them were age 14. 29 of them were age 15. 52 of them were age 16. 56 of them were age 17. That's 157 adolescents between the ages of 14 and 17. That's quite the percentage, considering the 414.. And that's not counting UIDS.

Is this perhaps why local LE assumes these are runaways, and therefore does not 'waste' time on them? If these adolescents were committing crimes, would they be paying attention to them?

But what if instead of committing crimes, many of these adolescents are victims of crimes? How do we get these local law enforcement agencies to rethink this?

Just something to think about.

So, minor change of subject... I just want to make sure I have this info correct. DB was sentenced on Jan 14th for 24 months on a commercial burglary and a B&E. That intake went in on the 16th, but he's hanging out waiting for a spot in Lonoke. Is that correct? That IS the correct DB, correct? If anyone can clarify that for me, I would greatly appreciate it. TIA.

ETA: Also want to make sure that I am understanding that JC has actually been released from SO status, but RC has not. And he is currently in OK, correct? Just want to make sure rumors have not gotten confused with facts or statements re: this. Thanks again if anyone can confirm for me.

So, minor change of subject... I just want to make sure I have this info correct. DB was sentenced on Jan 14th for 24 months on a commercial burglary and a B&E. That intake went in on the 16th, but he's hanging out waiting for a spot in Lonoke. Is that correct? That IS the correct DB, correct? If anyone can clarify that for me, I would greatly appreciate it. TIA.

ETA: Also want to make sure that I am understanding that JC has actually been released from SO status, but RC has not. And he is currently in OK, correct? Just want to make sure rumors have not gotten confused with facts or statements re: this. Thanks again if anyone can confirm for me.

To confirm RC Sr. has been living in Kingston recently, I am linking his last wife's obituary and his most recent court date. (I got an on-line subscription to the Madill, OK newspaper.) RC Jr. is in the Granbury, TX area.

(August 2013 -- wife's obituary)
http://www.madillrecord.net/edition...29b&Page=a087b114-6f90-4645-9cc9-0409c86b3ebc

(May 2014 -- misdemeanor charges of possession marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in Marshall County, Okla.)
http://www.madillrecord.net/edition...881&Page=7e57476c-c27b-4555-a123-1a76bb2343db

(June 27, 2014 -- sentenced to six months in jail, should have been in Marshall County lockup the beginning and majority of Cassie's disappearance)
http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=048-&casekey=048-CM++1400135

<snip>CLERKS MINUTE ON PLEA OF GUILTY: <snip> COURT SENTENCES DEFENDANT TO 6 MONTHS IN COUNTY JAIL. TO PAY FINE AND COST OF 480.00 AT 50.00 EACH MONTH BEGINNING 45 DAYS OF RELEASE. COUNT II DISMISSED WITH COST OF $196.

(He is to remain registered as sex offender until April 2019)
http://sors.doc.state.ok.us/svor/f?...216_REG_ID:FA48D2496C9A1E8F90AC111D4810FA4D,1

I worked as a court clerk for three years in Little Rock (Pulaski County), so I am very comfortable reading dockets.

OT - my husband and I try to watch our language in front of the kids and for years have said DB instead of D***** Bag. Every time I see the initials DB used In this case I read it as D***** Bag.

Just poking my head in, I haven't left but not able to be here as much as I'd like. I truly wish that someone in Cassie's daily life would show they care & at least make a plea for her. This really is unbelievable. Thank you all for what you do daily.

I missed.... where was DB on 9/13-9/15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member