GUILTY AR - Cassie Cotta 24, Fort Smith, 30 Dec 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been thinking the same, Clu. The only thing I can see that is changing is views on religion. I think a lot of people nowadays do not believe in a God figure and do not believe in an afterlife, therefor they do not care about their actions here on Earth. Another thing is people have a disregard for Laws. I think we have to change the penalties for a lot of crimes committed now. Just a couple of things to think about.
So true, Janeumayer...and I observe a disregard and disrespect for LIFE in general, too!

I think the motive will be what it always seems to be in intimate partner crimes imhoo: avarice, jealousy, rage, etc... combination of the previous...

oh.. and lack of control of those feelings...

moo.

I've been thinking the same, Clu. The only thing I can see that is changing is views on religion. I think a lot of people nowadays do not believe in a God figure and do not believe in an afterlife, therefor they do not care about their actions here on Earth. Another thing is people have a disregard for Laws. I think we have to change the penalties for a lot of crimes committed now. Just a couple of things to think about.

Also, I think the amount of violence in films and video games,and the immense availability of *advertiser censored* makes the younger generation kind of numb to violence and inappropriateness.

When my brothers were kids they used to sneak a peek at my dad's Natl. Geographic magazines and look at the topless women in Fiji. Kids nowadays can just google whatever and see it and send it and print it. There are not the same kind of boundaries or manners or expectations in their lives anymore. imoo

I think the motive will be what it always seems to be in intimate partner crimes imhoo: avarice, jealousy, rage, etc... combination of the previous...

oh.. and lack of control of those feelings...

moo.
I agree, Nurse!

Seems as if Brent spent a lot of time online, a little on the geeky side. But maybe one of those guys that spins a 180 when alcohol is consumed.

Cassie was well loved, I don't think I have ever seen such a large facebook response so quickly. My heart is aching for her Mom. She knew something was wrong from the outset
icon9.gif

It's all out of control with passion in the young. Passion needs to have its appropriate outlet. This year, if I see something I will say something to the young people in my life. No more walking on eggshells. Older adults have a grave responsibility to correct the young adults no matter what the circumstances.
I also am sick of the depraved attitude towards human life and the lack of respect.

Rest in peace Cassie and God be with Cassie's mother.

I don't believe religion, or lack thereof, explains this trend. I know lots of people who don't believe in a particular God, not sure myself anymore, but they are not inclined to violence or disregard for laws more than anyone else. I just think the society we live in now is more conducive to acts of violence, it has become so common, people seems to be more "spoiled" and react badly when they are thwarted. JMO

I'm just heartbroken over this one. Cassie seems like a very loved, happy, funny girl who really valued her friends and family. This is just so so...sad.

RIP, Cassie...you had such a beautiful smile. :(

Too many parents allow children their every want, desire and whim without ever holding them accountable or responsible. Too few parents teach their children empathy. Those children grow up though, and when the only lessons have been they are entitled to what they want without repercussion and they matter more than all others, we end up with a society infested with narcissistic, apathetic, insolent creatures that think nothing of taking a human life.

I am curious about the motive, too!
I have guesses, but nothing reported as far as I have seen!

Judging from FB pics and posts there, she and her husband seemed to live a kind of fast life -- probably normal for young people like them, fast to me. :)

I don't know if he is the jealous sort, but there are a lot of guys (and girls) posting on FB of their deep and intense love for Cassie (before she was found). There are also some pictures on her FB that may seem a little...on the edge, for lack of a better word. There are also pictures of him looking totally blotto.

The bar, and the bar scene, seemed to be a big part of their lives. (Not being judgemental, just stating facts, based on the pictures they posted, tweets, etc.)

She seemed like someone outgoing, that people gravitated towards. He seemed less so. Jealousy and alcohol can be a lethal combination.

Judging from FB pics and posts there, she and her husband seemed to live a kind of fast life -- probably normal for young people like them, fast to me. :)

I don't know if he is the jealous sort, but there are a lot of guys (and girls) posting on FB of their deep and intense love for Cassie (before she was found). There are also some pictures on her FB that may seem a little...on the edge, for lack of a better word. There are also pictures of him looking totally blotto.

The bar, and the bar scene, seemed to be a big part of their lives. (Not being judgemental, just stating facts, based on the pictures they posted, tweets, etc.)

She seemed like someone outgoing, that people gravitated towards. He seemed less so. Jealousy and alcohol can be a lethal combination.

I think their relationship was a rocky one too. They were always off and on again, based on reading some things on fb pages and comments under pictures on her page. And according to the news articles he had been arrested for dv prior (actually the article says both of them).

http://www.5newsonline.com/news/kfsm-body-of-missing-ft-smith-woman-found-20120103,0,942892.story

Come on now.

Less religious societies, such as NZ, have less crime. Atheists are under-represented in American prison systems based on percentages. Atheism is actually more common among educated classes of society, it's not most prevalent to the dregs of humanity.

This is not about lack of religion. Actually, you'd be surprised at how many closet non-believers you know- who can't really talk about it openly without being judged by such thoughts. My kids' friends' parents are constantly telling me how they want their kids to be friends with my kids, because they are such kind and respectful kids- and how they have to avoid all those godless folks their kids want to befriend. All this said without realizing my views on religion. It's not my job to take friends from them, so I just nod and smile.

Abby Normal
Happy, concerned, engaged, caring, agnostic and not at all religious member of society who does not believe in the afterlife.

I don't think there's been an increase in violent crime, has there?

Just our awareness of it, due to round the clock news media, and the internet, and missing persons on Facebook.

Fifty years ago none of us would have any real way of knowing most of these stories we discuss on this forum, and others like it.

So when we say "why does this KEEP HAPPENING?" It's always been happening, we just weren't aware of individual stories.

I didn't expect this at all. Not murder.

:(

Sadly I did, but was hoping against all odds she was continuing to party off steam. The drinking, her description of herself on her FB, the posts, the circumstances, etc. I was telling someone prolly about the time she was found the exact same thing because she seems to me, imo, to be very troubled and/or immature.

They were married only 7 mos ago, were the children hers or his from an earlier relationship? (Going from the post above re: his FB)

Also, I think the amount of violence in films and video games,and the immense availability of *advertiser censored* makes the younger generation kind of numb to violence and inappropriateness.

When my brothers were kids they used to sneak a peek at my dad's Natl. Geographic magazines and look at the topless women in Fiji. Kids nowadays can just google whatever and see it and send it and print it. There are not the same kind of boundaries or manners or expectations in their lives anymore. imoo

.....and a lack of family accountability. There's a breakdown in family and many times a lack of true parenting. What's a single mother to do if she has to work two jobs to support the household....and the father is "unavailable"? JMO, IMO, etc.

Sadly I did, but was hoping against all odds she was continuing to party off steam. The drinking, her description of herself on her FB, the posts, the circumstances, etc. I was telling someone prolly about the time she was found the exact same thing because she seems to me, imo, to be very troubled and/or immature.

They were married only 7 mos ago, were the children hers or his from an earlier relationship? (Going from the post above re: his FB)

The children were his

As others have mentioned, I have been struck by how many caring connections Cassie had. It is clear she was a very special young woman.

Her old tweets & a blog entry she made show she had high hopes for her relationship with Brent.

http://xrockcitynosebleedx.blogspot.com/
Thursday, January 20, 2011

http://twitter.com/boohoorobot

That blog entry is rough ~ it shows a way deeper side to her and knowing her fate less than a year later ~ I have no words.

I'm sorry Cassie.

I stand beside you in your views Janeumayer :seeya:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams