AR AR - Chelsea Woods, 38, Clinton, 28 Aug 2022 *last seen in the woods near her home*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAR 6, 2023
The Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office, Arkansas State Police and volunteers conducted a grid search from 8 a.m. until after dark Saturday to help locate a 38-year-old woman who has been missing since last August.

... Her purse, drivers license and other personal items were found strewn on nearby property. ...

VBC Sheriff Eric Koonce said a task force consisting of his office as well as Arkansas State Police did a “low altitude reconnaissance flyover to establish and map out our grid search area” with the use of helicopters and made “note of any points interest.”

[...]

Now missing one year. Video interview with her mom included at the link.

VAN BUREN COUNTY, Ark. – It has been one year since a woman disappeared in Van Buren County. Chelsea Woods was last seen in the woods by her home near Clinton.

The last people recorded to have seen her were Van Buren County Sheriff’s Deputies after she called 911 afraid of who was in her home.

Woods is the mother of a 12-year-old son and the daughter of Sherry Lawrence of Nashville Tennessee.

“I love my daughter. I miss her so bad,” Lawrence said in her first on-camera interview since her daughter went missing.

Now missing one year. Video interview with her mom included at the link.

VAN BUREN COUNTY, Ark. – It has been one year since a woman disappeared in Van Buren County. Chelsea Woods was last seen in the woods by her home near Clinton.

The last people recorded to have seen her were Van Buren County Sheriff’s Deputies after she called 911 afraid of who was in her home.

Woods is the mother of a 12-year-old son and the daughter of Sherry Lawrence of Nashville Tennessee.

“I love my daughter. I miss her so bad,” Lawrence said in her first on-camera interview since her daughter went missing.

This isn't sounding good at all. :(

Noting:
  • “She said, ‘Momma, I just want to let you know if anything happens to me, I love you.’ And she hung up,” Lawrence stated.
  • ... on the morning of August 28, 2022, Chelsea didn’t call her mom. She called 911.
  • A police report from the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office states Chelsea Woods called 911 at 7:03 a.m. that Sunday because of who was inside her home.
  • The report said her call “was in reference to a domestic that had already occurred.”
  • Deputies found her down the road, she only wanted to speak with a specific officer.
  • Because he wasn’t there, she continued to run further into the woods with what deputies say was a “big knife over a foot long”.
  • Chelsea’s aunts admit she has bipolar disorder and had abused drugs before, but they think that means she needed more help that day and not less.
Did Chelsea have a phone with her? We know that her purse, drivers license and other personal items were found strewn on nearby property. Did they also find her phone? MOO

Last edited:
The report said her call “was in reference to a domestic that had already occurred.”
IMO it would be helpful to know more about this. Who was involved and what was the previous domestic situation?

Did Chelsea have a phone? We know that her purse, drivers license and other personal items were found strewn on nearby property. Did they also find her phone?
Agreed, this information could provide clues to help fill in our knowledge gaps.

The Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office conducted another search for a missing 39-year-old woman in late December with the help from multiple agencies: Van Buren County Search and Rescue, Cleburne County Search and Rescue, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Arkansas State Police and the Drug Task Force. Three different locations were covered with a total of 5.02 miles walked.

“This is still an ongoing investigation and no information concerning the case can be disclosed at this time,” Van Buren County Sheriff Eric Koonce said after the recent search. “Investigator Harrison has been in touch with the family. Thank you to everyone that assisted in today’s search.”

I'm hoping Chelsea can be found. From what we're told this is an ongoing investigation, and LE stated above that they will not release further information at this time. Without additional information, trying to establish what may have happened regarding Chelsea's disappearance will be difficult.

Chelsea’s aunts admit she has bipolar disorder and had abused drugs before, but they think that means she needed more help that day and not less.
Factoring in MH issues, a history of substance abuse, plus the length of time she's been missing, there are a number of possibilities here, but without additional facts from MSM or LE we can't be certain of what actually happened to Chelsea.

Chelsea Brooke Woods​

woods_chelsea.jpg
woods_chelsea2.jpg
woods_chelsea4.jpg
woods_chelsea5.jpg
woods_chelsea6.jpg

Woods, circa 2022
  • Missing Since 08/28/2022
  • Missing From Clinton, Arkansas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age3 8 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 180 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Woods suffers from bipolar disorder.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Woods may use the last name Fitzgerald. She wears eyeglasses.

Details of Disappearance​

Woods was last seen in Clinton, Arkansas on August 28, 2022. At 7:03 a.m., she called 911, saying she was afraid of who was in her home. The call was in reference to a domestic incident that had already occurred. Witnesses stated after making the call, Woods was "talking all sorts of crazy" and ran out the door into the woods.

When police arrived, they found Woods down the street. She wanted to speak only to a specific officer, and this person was unavailable. The police tried for nearly an hour to convince her to return home, but she ran further into the woods and disappeared. She has never been heard from again.

Three days later, Woods's aunt asked the police to do a welfare check on her, as her aunt had been unable to contact her. When police arrived at Woods's home, the front door was open. There was no sign of her, but her cat was inside. Her driver's license, purse and some other personal belongings were found at a nearby property.

Two days before her disappearance, Woods told her mother over the phone, "I just want to let you know if anything happens to me, I love you." The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

Last updated July 28, 2024; casefile added.

I might have missed it, but has it been stated anywhere who exactly was inside Chelsea's house? The person - I'm assuming it was a person, as it was noted a domestic incident occurred prior to the 911 call - or perhaps an entity, or just a mental health crisis?
Chelsea must have been quite frightened to run off, and perhaps not being able to speak to that specific officer only increased that. I hope her loved ones get answers soon. This is a strange case, and it makes me sad that Chelsea didn't get help. Two years missing is two years too many.
Opinion only.

I might have missed it, but has it been stated anywhere who exactly was inside Chelsea's house? The person - I'm assuming it was a person, as it was noted a domestic incident occurred prior to the 911 call - or perhaps an entity, or just a mental health crisis?
IMO this is an important question regarding Chelsea's disappearance, one that I've been curious about since initially reading about her case. AFAIK the details of the 911 call have not been released, only that it was somehow related to a previous domestic incident of some kind.

Chelsea Brooke Woods
[...]
Witnesses stated after making the call, Woods was "talking all sorts of crazy" and ran out the door into the woods.
[...]

We also have no facts regarding who these 'witnesses' are or specifically what Chelsea said after making the 911 call. I'm wondering if these witnesses saw anyone specific in or around Chelsea's home around the time of this incident.

IMO this is an important question regarding Chelsea's disappearance, one that I've been curious about since initially reading about her case. AFAIK the details of the 911 call have not been released, only that it was somehow related to a previous domestic incident of some kind.

Chelsea Brooke Woods
[...]
Witnesses stated after making the call, Woods was "talking all sorts of crazy" and ran out the door into the woods.
[...]

We also have no facts regarding who these 'witnesses' are or specifically what Chelsea said after making the 911 call. I'm wondering if these witnesses saw anyone specific in or around Chelsea's home around the time of this incident.
There’s a fb group for Chelsea. Not sure if it is the “official” page so idk if I can link it here.
However, there is a police report posted that may provide a few additional details.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ashnic86
Back