AR AR - Clyde Holmes, 41, truck found abandoned, Little Rock, 10 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

c1632e31-a8b8-48f4-a216-628b27054e33_750x422.jpg

Last seen at his home in Little Rock on July 10.

Holmes, who also goes by Clyde Boatwright Jr., is 5 feet 10 inches tall with black dreadlocks. Police said they didn't know what Holmes was wearing when he left his house the day he went missing.

Newton County sheriffs said they found an abandoned truck registered to Holmes on July 11 near a county road off Highway 74 East between Jasper and Piercetown. They then learned Little Rock police had been looking for Holmes when they towed the truck and entered it into a nationwide law enforcement computer network.

On July 11th, Newton County Sheriff's Office was notified of an abandoned truck located on a county Road off Highway 74 East between Jasper and Pierceton.

A Little Rock Police Department detective reached out to the Newton County Sheriff's Office about the truck on July 19, and discovered the truck had been entered as impounded by the Newton County Sheriff's Office.

Newton County authorities returned to search the scene, as well as the truck for the whereabouts of Mr. Holmes, but nothing came of this investigation.

His truck was said to have been abandoned on the road around 5:00 a.m. on July 11th, despite him having no ties to Newton County.

The family of a Little Rock man is speaking out after he was reported missing more than a week ago.

According to Holme’s aunt Debora Greene, it is not in Holmes’ nature to not respond to his family, which is why they are so worried and trying to find answers.

“Then point two is that his cell phone was found in his apartment, so there’s no way of contacting him, it was left on his charger,” Greene said.

According to Greene, police have been getting tips and following every lead, but they have not found anything that sticks or helps them get closer to finding Holmes.

He’s in the state’s MP database.

Clyde Alex Holmes​

Current Age: 40
Race: Black
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 150 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black

Information​

Date Missing: 7/12/2024
City of Report: Little Rock
Case Number: 2024-096080

JUL 21, 2024
Newton County Sheriff Glenn Wheeler said that on July 11, Newton County Sheriff’s Office was notified of an abandoned truck on a county road off Highway 74 East between Jasper and Piercetown. A deputy responded to the area and located the truck still in the county road, but pulled to one side so traffic could squeeze by. The truck was locked and nothing appeared out of the ordinary other than the location. ...

[...]

His truck was known to be abandoned on the Newton County Road at approximately 5 a.m. on July 11, but it is unsure how long it had been there when initially seen. It was last known to be in Little Rock a little before 12:30 a.m. the same morning. Mr. Holmes has no known ties to Newton County.

[...]

This really doesn’t sound good. His vehicle found in a county he has no ties to. The vehicle stopped in the road in such a way to allow traffic to squeeze by. Doors locked. His phone left at home on the charger. I would guess very few people leave home now without their phones. The only thing I could think of would be an emergency where something caused him to leave fast. Even if the battery were low most people have chargers in the car or will take the charging cord with them to the car.

They seem to have a very definite time when the vehicle showed up in the county road. Probably that’s when LE started getting calls about an abandoned vehicle almost blocking the road. That’s pure speculation on my part but they seem to have that 5am time nailed. LE knows that someone has admitted to seeing him in the vehicle at 12:30am that night/morning. So there’s 4 1/2 hours where something bad happened I’m afraid.

There are instances where people turn up after leaving their vehicle abandoned in strange places…usually they have a mental health moment…a breakdown or they just need a break. Yet nine times out of ten, as those of us who read here all know, it’s usually something nefarious has happened. Hopefully his family will have answers soon.

MOO and my speculation.

Behind a paywall but appears LE has ended the search for Clyde for now.

I can read where the extreme heat is playing a factor. We’ve had heat advisories pretty much every day here in Arkansas. Plus the humidity is awful!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back