AR - Couple attempted to sell baby for 6 pack of beer and $1,000 - 9/25/24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BBM
Crawford also said he was 'concerned about the welfare' of the child, and brought the infant with him to Martin, who was staying in a camper.

Urban and Ehlers then went to Martin's camper with the offer to sell the baby for $1,000, the Kansas City Star reports, citing court documents.

Martin said Ehlers told him it was difficult for her to take care of the infant because of her pets, saying it 'was not working having three dogs and a baby.'

Martin agreed to pay for the baby, but told the couple he wanted to have it in writing. So he drew up the crude contract for the couple to sign.

He also took a video of Urban and Ehlers signing the paper for additional proof they agreed, with the couple saying they planned to 'legalize' the adoption that Monday.

But Martin did not have the money, and told Urban and Ehlers he would bring them a $1,000 cashier's check the next day.

Instead, though, Martin took the signed agreement to the manager of the campground and explained what happened - prompting the manager to call 911.

Well, the guy may have been drunk, but at least he got the baby out of there in the end.

Wild guess the older child, the daughter R, is in care or with relatives? The pictures posted on Shalene's FB show an obviously staged photo shoot thing, but the baby looks perfectly healthy and well-cared for. Wonder if there was any prenatal care for the son, if he was born in a hospital.

If they were living at this campground, wouldn't other people have noticed a neglected baby?

Well, the guy may have been drunk, but at least he got the baby out of there in the end.

Wild guess the older child, the daughter R, is in care or with relatives? The pictures posted on Shalene's FB show an obviously staged photo shoot thing, but the baby looks perfectly healthy and well-cared for. Wonder if there was any prenatal care for the son, if he was born in a hospital.

If they were living at this campground, wouldn't other people have noticed a neglected baby?
they did eventually but IMO this may well be one of those campgrounds that people live in rather than go to for recreation. So picture a bunch of other people also down on their luck to the point they are residing in a campground and I imagine keeping one's head down and minding one's own business is probably the norm. JMO IMO

here's some FB pages for them - she has more but they're from when she was younger and not relevant IMO - they were begging for money and posting a fundraiser in 2023 with a different baby - WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BABY???:
I'm not on FB and haven't seen any photos but @mrs. Watson wrote "pictures posted on Shalene's FB show an obviously staged photo shoot thing" so I'm wondering if maybe the whole think was a faked, staged photo shoot and there never was this Baby R, just a baby borrowed for the photo shoot? MOO Just my wild guess, not even opinion really.

Apart from wondering who on earth would lend their baby to this couple for a photo shoot, that could be the best answer here because there would be no real earlier baby to look for from this particular couple, and no real earlier baby who suffered who-knows-what. Hoping. MOO

I'm not on FB and haven't seen any photos but @mrs. Watson wrote "pictures posted on Shalene's FB show an obviously staged photo shoot thing" so I'm wondering if maybe the whole think was a faked, staged photo shoot and there never was this Baby R, just a baby borrowed for the photo shoot? MOO Just my wild guess, not even opinion really.

Apart from wondering who on earth would lend their baby to this couple for a photo shoot, that could be the best answer here because there would be no real earlier baby to look for from this particular couple, and no real earlier baby who suffered who-knows-what. Hoping. MOO

That is possible but I just don't think these two are smart enough for that scam. I think (and hope) the baby girl was taken from them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back