AR AR - Ebby Steppach, 18, Little Rock, found deceased, 24 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ebby Steppach case still open, preliminary cause of death determined but won't be released

Today marks the third anniversary of the last time she was seen alive. Her body was found was found five months ago in a drainage pipe just feet from where her car was found running at Chalamont Park.

Tommy Hudson with the Little Rock police's Cold Case Unit said the case is considered an open homicide investigation. He also said the medical examiner has determined a preliminary cause of death. But that information will not be released, to avoid jeopardizing the case.

Maybe this is an unrelated question, but when the cause of death isn't released to the public, does that mean that even the family doesn't know? Because that sounds heartbreaking. I don't know if I could live with that.

I just listened to Ebby's episode on The Vanished podcast. It was really good, but I was disappointed that it hadn't been updated once her body was found.

It was infuriating to listen to Ebby's parents speak of how badly her case was handled for so long. I hope people lost their jobs over it.

I couldn't find any new info about suspects or how the case is going since the last post here.

I lived in Little Rock at the time of her disappearance so I’ve always been really interested in her case. I have to believe there are lots of things going on in the case that we aren’t aware of because it doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to solve. They have been so stingy with details.

What a disheartening CF by the PD...

Pics and Google don't show for sure the size of the drain slot, but it's not uncommon that people go in after ducklings, kittens, clowns.

COD not being released is troubling in that if they were certain she crawled in, there would be little reason to keep the case open. If the slot is a forced entry point, there could be scuffing on cheek bones, broken ribs, etc. Obvious skeletal trauma would rule out a freak out and hide scenario. Bones break differently after drying out. I was reading about being able to detect certain compounds in bone. No clue if there was hair, nails. The "bog bodies" fascinated me, and it's a monumental leap, but a cool, damp tight tube with dirt and debris could make a difference in decomposition.

Was her phone left in the car? Since she'd texted the SA perps, they'd seemingly not want that left around. A LEO's child would likely have access to firearms and above average knowledge of criminal behavior. And potentially less aggressive treatment/interrogation.

One article said, I think the security, had seen her meet someone there in the past? Zeeero blame/shame, but as quick as mom went to a trafficking belief and as hard as she researched the pages for things of that nature, was there a potential Mackenzie Lueck situation they've looked in to? Involved with an attached person? Supplier?

Cases like this and Kristin G in MI infuriate me. Some one knows.

What a disheartening CF by the PD...

Pics and Google don't show for sure the size of the drain slot, but it's not uncommon that people go in after ducklings, kittens, clowns.

COD not being released is troubling in that if they were certain she crawled in, there would be little reason to keep the case open. If the slot is a forced entry point, there could be scuffing on cheek bones, broken ribs, etc. Obvious skeletal trauma would rule out a freak out and hide scenario. Bones break differently after drying out. I was reading about being able to detect certain compounds in bone. No clue if there was hair, nails. The "bog bodies" fascinated me, and it's a monumental leap, but a cool, damp tight tube with dirt and debris could make a difference in decomposition.

Was her phone left in the car? Since she'd texted the SA perps, they'd seemingly not want that left around. A LEO's child would likely have access to firearms and above average knowledge of criminal behavior. And potentially less aggressive treatment/interrogation.

One article said, I think the security, had seen her meet someone there in the past? Zeeero blame/shame, but as quick as mom went to a trafficking belief and as hard as she researched the pages for things of that nature, was there a potential Mackenzie Lueck situation they've looked in to? Involved with an attached person? Supplier?

Cases like this and Kristin G in MI infuriate me. Some one knows.

SomeONES know.

Ebby's Facebook is tagged in the post, if you search her facebook page it should come up under related posts!

Hi there - I'm a documentary and podcast producer looking into Ebby's case. I've scoured this thread in my research but have had trouble locating the troubling post mentioned here. Are either of you able to direct me to it, or remember what it said?

Seems like a lawsuit is in order. If it worked for Kelsie Schelling it could work here. The amount of police incompetence in this case is ridicolous.
off topic but i love your avatar. fargo season 1 was fascinating.

Just listened to the Vanished Podcast on Ebby and came here looking for an update. I’m so heartbroken for her family. I can’t imagine what could have been done had they taken her brother seriously when he first called them looking for help finding her because she was so disoriented.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back