GUILTY AR - Former State Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, 57, found dead, June 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. Did not expect this.

The fact that Rebecca admitted to premeditated murder--she said today that she went to Linda's house to kill her--blows my mind. Killing a close friend in the heat of passion can be explained somewhat by being consumed by uncontrollable anger, but to purposely set out to kill a friend--and I assume Linda had no idea that Rebecca was a deadly threat, is truly frightening reptilian behavior. I hope Linda didn't suffer and the families tied to this horrible murder are able to gain some measure of closure today with Rebecca's confession and 50 year jail sentence.

I still would claim this story isn't over. Remember, One week and a half went before the arrest was made. So, one is living with fiance in the same house and she isn't acting strange or confiding or getting console from future significant other?! I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU!

I still would claim this story isn't over. Remember, One week and a half went before the arrest was made. So, one is living with fiance in the same house and she isn't acting strange or confiding or getting console from future significant other?! I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU!
yes, I agree with you. In my mind, it's hard to reconcile Rebecca's over the top confessions and solicitations to fellow prison inmates for help in covering up potential evidence, along with committing murder, with the idea that she secretly embezzled money from Linda (for what appears to be years), and then went onto planning and committing Linda's murder all by herself. Rebecca does not seem capable of remaining quiet about anything. All of which makes me question the accuracy of Rebecca's boyfriend Tim Loggain's statement last year while being interviewed by the news media. To paraphrase Mr. Loggain...either Rebecca is innocent of Linda's murder or she is the greatest actress and a sociopath, and I've been fooled by her. Is that believable?? Even Rebecca's family and previous employers knew she had a problem with stealing--her serious character flaws date back decades ago with several people aware that Rebecca wasn't untrustworthy. I think Rebecca's friendship with Linda prevented Linda from seeing Rebecca's manipulating and dangerous personality. But to apply that line of reasoning to why Mr. Loggain remained in the dark to the fact that Rebecca was stealing from Linda and Linda had become aware of the thefts seems highly improbable to me. Mr. Loggain also went to great lengths to paint a picture of Rebecca being very normal and grieving for Linda while they drove to Linda's memorial when suddenly law enforcement pulled them over to arrest Rebecca. This just seems too incredible to me.

What I find curious is the prosecutor in this case seeking the death penalty against RO--when the State of Arkansas doesn't seem to support the death penalty; currently there are no women on death row, and the State of Arkansas has put only 1 woman to death since 1855--that was in 2000, and the woman requested to be put to death. Unless Arkansas public sentiment towards capital punishment has changed radically since 2000, it seems like it would be a hard sell to get the jury to convict RO with a sentence of death, especially since RO and LCS were supposedly close friends and the weapon was a knife. IMO, either there is evidence of premeditation and RO causing undue suffering and pain in the commission of her crime, along with extensive coverup, or the prosecutor is trying use the death penalty as leverage to get a plea deal.
ARKANSAS EXECUTES ITS 1ST WOMAN IN 155 YEARS
There are advantages of being a woman: one of them is that you won't ever be sentenced to death if you kill someone

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back