AR AR - Francis Loretta Heath Wells, 45, Crossett, 13 Aug 1974

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Looking at today's available route info (from Little Rock, AR) , on Greyhound, the trip is ~ 24 hours with ~ 13 stops; pretty much following Interstate 30 in from Arkansas, and then picking up Interstate 20 outside of Ft. Worth, Texas and on into El Paso.

She went missing from Crossett, Ashley County, which borders Louisiana. Perhaps the route from there would have taken her into Louisiana picking up Interstate 20 travelling through Shreveport, LA and on into Texas all the way to El Paso.

There isn't any mention of who saw her get on the bus or any required transfer along the way; that's a lot of miles on the same bus. Maybe she never got on the bus; maybe she did and got off and some point along the way.

I took a bus trip one time from Raleigh NC to Columbia SC (this was around 1982-ish). Driving distance would have been about 3 1/2 hours, on the bus it took around 12. We went through/stopped at every little town along the way (and some out of the way) to pick up riders. There were towns where the bus stop, post office, and food store were all in the same one room building. I think the idea is/was that the bus system made it possible for everyone, everywhere, no matter where you lived, to be able to travel.

Bumping for Francis....no new information out there

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

This is quite local to me. I’m sure that’s one reason I became interested in the case.
The lack of information is frustrating.

Posted above, it was shared she married a Wells. This family is still pretty well known in Crossett.

The bus station is no longer there. It’s been gone for years.

My number 1 question is “did she even get onto the bus in Crossett?”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceofswords