AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how my hair should look like... what kind of hair is contented, obedient and self-accepting?

I would guess clean, combed, and natural (not colored or permed). The styling would be plain, but not sloppy. Nothing that calls attention to itself in any way. Women would be expected to look "feminine" but not spend much time primping and preparing their hairstyle.

Words of wisdom from Mike Huckabee in 2009 :rolleyes:

What has our culture become when people can commit despicable criminal acts and yet get defended and excused because they are celebrities. If David Letterman takes advantage of subordinates who work for him, then it's not funny, it's pathetic and immoral. The audience shouldn't laugh and applaud; they ought to walk out in disgust. And instead of actors and even governments seeking the release of Roman Polanski, they should be screaming for justice.

Our country was brilliantly designed by our Founders and nurtured in the Providence of God to withstand many points of view, but it cannot stand having different rules of propriety based on a person's celebrity status.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/1...ew-but-shouldnt-have-different-standards.html

Yep.

One standard for me, another for thee.

Duggar hair.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/4199...ir-their-style-preference-has-a-creepy-origin

As with almost everything in the Duggar family, it all boils down to their religion. Every time they talk about their long, curly hair, they refer to keeping long hair because it is the most “appropriate” for their beliefs… and because Jim Bob seems to like it. His preference is for Michelle’s hair to be long and curly. That’s why even though she and many of her daughters have naturally straight hair, they curl it with either an at-home perm, rollers, or curling irons.

So the girls have their hair like their father likes it, and 4 at least have been molested by their brother .. I'm so sickened by this, meanwhile the parents have been profiting off the family thanks to TLC .. what in the effing heck is going on?

OMG!!! You guys, the judge who ordered the 2006 files destroyed is the same judge who fast tracked Ark Rep Justin Harris adoption of the kids he abandoned...who were later abused...

Here's on link on Harris http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/ca...applied-pressure-to-adopt/Content?oid=3725371

That summer, the adoption case went before 4th Circuit Juvenile Court Judge Stacy Zimmerman in Washington County. And in court, Cheryl Hart recalled, something strange happened: Everyone on the DHS team that had previously opposed the adoption changed their recommendations

link on Duggar http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...estigation-record-destroyed-by-police-2015225

Arkansas police have destroyed any and all copies of records pertaining to the investigation of Josh Duggar allegedly molesting five girls — some reportedly his sisters — when he was a minor back in 2002.

On Thursday, May 21, a spokesperson for the Springdale Police Department confirmed to Us Weekly that local circuit Judge Stacey Zimmerman signed for the offense report from 2006 to be expunged.

I'm not about to question your 'gaydar', but I have to guess that just by the numbers that they would have at least one child attracted to the same sex. I can't imagine how his/her parents would respond to this, but I would guess that I would consider it un-Christian.

Some years back (around 2007) a website ran a survey called "The Modesty Survey." I can't link to it because the authors eventually pulled it but you can still find remnants of it here and there online. 1600 boys responded. The upshot of the results was, well, pretty much anything girls wore or however they behaved turned out to cause boys to "stumble," and have "impure" thoughts. Stumble is what we might call a trigger, or what the Duggars refer to as "defrauding." The free ginger site has a discussion about it.

I was able to view it before the link went dead and IMO it reflected the skewed education the respondents were receiving at home regarding girls and sex. Here's an example of some of the milder answers:

27% of respondents find a girl putting on lip gloss in front of them to be a stumbling block.
63.6% of respondents find a girl leaning over and showing her lower back to be a stumbling block.
74.9% of respondents reported that the way a girl walks can be a stumbling block.
93.8% of respondents reported that a modestly dressed girl can still be a stumbling block because of her attitude and behavior.

Taken from http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2012/06/worthwhile-reads-the-modesty-survey.html

All I can say is...

Nike! Nike!:scared:

I see no difference between this and extremist Islam. Lots of similarities in beliefs and practices.

I'm thinking "the letter" was written by the oldest daughter. The way she "disappeared" from the show and family appearances was never fully explained but that would make sense.

The eldest daughter is still featured on the show. She just went on a anti-gay rights road trip with Josh and Anna (last summer), and was featured doing that. She also helped save the youngest Josie's life after a recent seizure, which was filmed. She's a bit shy like her twin brother. She's a wistful gal as well. What's sad is her parents described her as a willful and somewhat wild little kid who needed a lot of "training". I've suspected for awhile that the vim and vinegar got paddled out of her. Nevertheless, nothing suggests she does not tow the party line nor adheres strongly to the family and their belief system. The letter denigrates the family, calling them the "precious Duggars", and seems resentful of them. The eldest daughter would've been about 16 when that was written. I do not believe there's any chance she wrote it.

I have a question for anyone who has watched the show, since I haven't.

Was all this info that's come out in the less-than-a-week since the story broke, about the family's adherence to Gothard's principles etc., talked about on the show?

Subtly. Not directly. Direct references to Gothard have been edited out. Like th fact that they celebrated his birthday at a Bates' wedding and he was there. But they routinely refer to things like ATI or the Big Sandy homeschool conference or ALERT academy and show parts of all of that.

Ot blanket training, why do this when a playpen would serve the same purpose? Other than teaching the child to fear you.

ciao

It is to teach immediate obedience and total submission. Babies and children mut obey and submit totally to their parents as training for obedience and submission to God.

I know. I thought about that too before I posted what I did. I don't think of the kids as clowns either.

I agree also, there's nothing funny about the situation, but for some reason, dark humor is a human coping mechanism in the face of the unbearably painful.

I feel so bad for those kids. I was also thinking today that statistically, of the 19 at least one and maybe two are gay. What must life be like, or going to be like, for them?

I feel they will seek to marry such a child off very early and I think that's exactly what's happening with one of theirs right now. I believe t would be almost impossible for any of their kids, gay or not, to break from the family or their beliefs. A gay Duggar would simply live in quiet agony and feel self-loathing and shame.

My heart breaks for those girls and what they have been through. They are being victimized all over again with everything being played out in public. I would venture to guess that they love their parents and siblings.

I don't understand the schadenfreude in this very sad situation.

There is schadenfreude but not a bit toward the poor and innocent victims. Instead, it's toward the parents and smugly bigoted son who have worked hard to strip others of their civil rights and to tell others how to live, while dysfunctionally projecting their own perversity onto others.

She's at risk for a boatload of complications, with that OB/ GYN history.

Placenta accreta, uterine inversion, uterine rupture, etc-- any of which can kill in minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placenta_accrete

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uterine_inversion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uterine_rupture

And that doesn't even begin to get into the longer term pelvic floor dysfunction, etc.

On the show, her old doctor before Josie stated she had a very thin cesarean scar so more cesareans are dangerous. I've also heard her uterus is paper thin. I have no doubt she is incontinent in all ways and wears diapers.

Regardless, I don't believe she is fertile anymore. I think her baby-making days are over. She's about 47-48 now.

I would guess clean, combed, and natural (not colored or permed). The styling would be plain, but not sloppy. Nothing that calls attention to itself in any way. Women would be expected to look "feminine" but not spend much time primping and preparing their hairstyle.

Michelle loves her hair permed. Gothard has long dictated, however, his preference for ladies' hair - long and wavy. Not too curly and not straight. For years all the Duggar girls wore their hair just that way.

That is yucky, but not necessarily restricted just to fundamentalist families. I once brought my daughter at about age 8 to get her long hair cut short - at her request. The hairstylist asked her, "Does your father know you're doing this? Is he okay with it?" I was floored!! We don't live in the South. The stylist was not joking.

I've always found the "Daddy likes my hair long" or "Daddy says I have to wear skirts" thin to be gross.

OMG!!! You guys, the judge who ordered the 2006 files destroyed is the same judge who fast tracked Ark Rep Justin Harris adoption of the kids he abandoned...who were later abused...

Here's on link on Harris http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/ca...applied-pressure-to-adopt/Content?oid=3725371

link on Duggar http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...estigation-record-destroyed-by-police-2015225

Whoa!!

If any of the boys are gay, then whoever marries them should thank her lucky stars considering the 'sex on demand' rule these Duggar men have, maybe she'll only have to have a few children.

OK well the hair thing makes no sense to me... If girls have to dress frumpy in order not to stir unlawful desires in men's weak minds by the visuals... why do they have to keep their hair such that it pleases the masculine eye? Wouldn't ugly hair that men don't like to look at be much better at modestly guarding their virtue against the men's irresistible instincts to rape?

I haven't watched the show often enough to make any guesses as to who might be gay or not and I wouldn't anyway as gay rumors might make life a bit difficult if someone is in the closet in that environment.

But some research has shown that there is a fraternal birth order effect in homosexuality, so that the more older brothers your mother gave birth to, the greater the chance that you have homosexual tendencies. The theory is that it's got something to do with the environment in utero, the mother's immune responses or something.

Wikipedia, FWIW, estimates: "According to several studies, each older brother increases a man's odds of having a homosexual orientation by 28–48%."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternal_birth_order_and_male_sexual_orientation

Well, anyway, there's hardly a family that is better to test this theory than one with 19 kids.

OK well the hair thing makes no sense to me... If girls have to dress frumpy in order not to stir unlawful desires in men's weak minds by the visuals... why do they have to keep their hair such that it pleases the masculine eye? Wouldn't ugly hair that men don't like to look at be much better at modestly guarding their virtue against the men's irresistible instincts to rape?

It is supposed to draw the eye away from the body and toward the face, somehow.

This culture is uncomfortably contrarian in various ways. It confuses me how the kids are expected to be totally asexual, prior to marriage, to the point that they are expected not to have any sexual or romantic thoughts or ideas of any kind, or exhibit or exhibit any such behaviors, including holding hands, exchanging notes or sharing an innocent kiss with a love interest, surreptitiously looking at a person's body with attraction, masturbating, or even reading a romance novel or fantasizing about having a future romantic partner.

Yet they are supposed to go from 0 to 60 in the time it takes to have a wedding, suddenly and instantly being attracted sexually, holding hands, snuggling, kissing, sleeping in the same bed together and having sex. Wow.

That at seems unnatural to me. No segue, no build up not even the barest idea of what it may be like should be allowed to enter their heads. Odd.

I haven't watched the show often enough to make any guesses as to who might be gay or not and I wouldn't anyway as gay rumors might make life a bit difficult if someone is in the closet in that environment.

But some research has shown that there is a fraternal birth order effect in homosexuality, so that the more older brothers your mother gave birth to, the greater the chance that you have homosexual tendencies. The theory is that it's got something to do with the environment in utero, the mother's immune responses or something.

Wikipedia, FWIW, estimates: "According to several studies, each older brother increases a man's odds of having a homosexual orientation by 28–48%."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternal_birth_order_and_male_sexual_orientation

Well, anyway, there's hardly a family that is better to test this theory than one with 19 kids.

I agree with you. My earlier post makes it not difficult to know who I mean and I regret that as I feel we should be super cautious about giving anyone in that family such a potentially dangerous label. I have reason to believe that they would and one likely already has, faced some harsh responses on the part of the parents, to such speculation about one of their kids.

Plus it's simply kind of mean to speculate and tear apart someone's appearance and clothing choices based on our beliefs about sexuality and how it's presented!

It is supposed to draw the eye away from the body and toward the face, somehow.

This culture is uncomfortably contrarian in various ways. It confuses me how the kids are expected to be totally asexual, prior to marriage, to the point that they are expected not to have any sexual or romantic thoughts or ideas of any kind, or exhibit or exhibit any such behaviors, including holding hands, exchanging notes or sharing an innocent kiss with a love interest, surreptitiously looking at a person's body with attraction, masturbating, or even reading a romance novel or fantasizing about having a future romantic partner.

Yet they are supposed to go from 0 to 60 in the time it takes to have a wedding, suddenly and instantly being attracted sexually, holding hands, snuggling, kissing, sleeping in the same bed together and having sex. Wow.

That at seems unnatural to me. No segue, no build up not even the barest idea of what it may be like should be allowed to enter their heads. Odd.

Yeah and it's so hard to govern one's thoughts anyway... It practically sets everybody up to fail and creates a hot mess of associated guilty feelings.

If I tell you now that you're forbidden to think of pink elephants and strawberry ice cream, I bet that's exactly what you'll be thinking about.

People can be forgiving - plenty of people in the public eye have redeemed themselves after a fall.

But what the public does not tolerate are:

Child molestation
Incest
Hypocrisy

Josh hit the jackpot.

That is yucky, but not necessarily restricted just to fundamentalist families. I once brought my daughter at about age 8 to get her long hair cut short - at her request. The hairstylist asked her, "Does your father know you're doing this? Is he okay with it?" I was floored!! We don't live in the South. The stylist was not joking.
i can't believe you honestly just said this........i don't even know how to respond.......smh..........

I have been waiting for this ;)

Knock, knock....is anyone at the Justice Department interested in this? Because the Legislature isnt. Harris wasnt even forced to step down.

Guess what-you cant pray this stuff away. This is institutionalized. I can only hope that the major media organizations have some desire to do some extensive reporting on all of this and all of these people...this is a tip of the iceberg situation imvho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298