GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, they said they had to stop searching for the day (Tuesday). They planned to resume the next day (Wednesday). And as I said earlier, I worried about the river current re-distributing things...but I know nothing about search-diving and river currents...just frustrating and scary and worrisome. Both wanting news and afraid of news.

Trying to be delicate here... bodies go through, um, changes and they float and sink during different periods. Fish and other wildlife in the water can affect movement distance too. SAR and the divers are well trained in the physics and with enough information they can probably come up with a reasonable estimate of where to search next. That may be why they're also focusing on the banks along the river. If Malik is in the water odds are he'll be found. Well, maybe with some luck too.

I'm with you on the torn mind - if Malik was murdered and put in the river I want him found but at the same time I'm hoping it's not the case and that he'll be home for Christmas. Awful, just awful.

Here's a good quality map to follow river. I see a paved boat launch south of Searcy off 367.
http://www.agfc.com/fishing/Pages/fishingLakesDetail.aspx?show=Little Red River

:tyou: FindHG!

ETA: I zoomed out to allow a frame of reference. The map pin point is southwest of the Red River. You can see it in these two images:
3e6d86d4e18e7cbbbdd383e4b8dde763.jpg

c2d9df7b2d3b53af73d43c34947935a2.jpg

ETA2: I tried to zoom in, and the map pin is much closer to what appears to be a lake.

88a120cc497f83993ec44bca43febdc5.jpg

0875f5048d54b5d4052ed7d9455db9b0.jpg

For reference, this the additional data from the page:

Little Red River
Area Specific RegulationsFrom 100 yards below Greers Ferry Dam to the Highway 305 bridge:
Trout permit required to fish.
Anglers may use no more than one fishing rod or pole and must attend it at all times. No other devices may be used to catch fish.
Only a single hooking point per pole may be used for bait fishing.
Trout from 16 to 24 inches must be released immediately and may not be in possession in this area. Only one trout exceeding 24 inches may be kept.
Greers Ferry Tailwater Special Regulation Areas - In the following areas, only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used (natural or scented baits are not allowed). Chumming is not allowed. The same slot limit harvest restrictions for Greers Ferry Tailwater apply in these areas unless otherwise noted.
JFK Special Regulation Area
100 yards below Greers Ferry Dam downstream to approximately 0.5 miles downstream to the last Greers Ferry National Fish Hatchery effluent outfall in John F. Kennedy Park, as indicated by signs.
Mossy Shoals Special Regulation Area
Upstream end of Dunham Shoals to downstream end of Mossy Shoals, as indicated by signs.
Cow Shoals Seasonal Catch-and-Release Area
Oct. 1-Dec. 31. Head of Cow Shoals to mouth of Canoe Creek, as indicated by signs. Only artificial lures with a single, barbless hooking point shall be used. Natural or scented baits are prohibited. All trout must be released immediately. Closed to night fishing (one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise).
Johnson Hole (South Fork):
Pregnant women, women who may become pregnant, women who are breast-feeding, and children under the age of seven should not eat largemouth bass 16 inches or longer because of mercury contamination. Others should not eat largemouth bass 16 inches or longer. Other fish may be eaten without restriction. For more information on mercury contamination, see Page 47.

------
HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tyou: FindHG!

ETA: I zoomed out to allow a frame of reference. The map pin point is southwest of the Red River. You can see it in these two images:
3e6d86d4e18e7cbbbdd383e4b8dde763.jpg

c2d9df7b2d3b53af73d43c34947935a2.jpg

ETA2: I tried to zoom in, and the map pin is much closer to what appears to be a lake.

88a120cc497f83993ec44bca43febdc5.jpg

0875f5048d54b5d4052ed7d9455db9b0.jpg

For reference, this the additional data from the page:

Little Red River
Area Specific RegulationsFrom 100 yards below Greers Ferry Dam to the Highway 305 bridge:
Trout permit required to fish.
Anglers may use no more than one fishing rod or pole and must attend it at all times. No other devices may be used to catch fish.
Only a single hooking point per pole may be used for bait fishing.
Trout from 16 to 24 inches must be released immediately and may not be in possession in this area. Only one trout exceeding 24 inches may be kept.
Greers Ferry Tailwater Special Regulation Areas - In the following areas, only artificial lures with barbless hooks may be used (natural or scented baits are not allowed). Chumming is not allowed. The same slot limit harvest restrictions for Greers Ferry Tailwater apply in these areas unless otherwise noted.
JFK Special Regulation Area
100 yards below Greers Ferry Dam downstream to approximately 0.5 miles downstream to the last Greers Ferry National Fish Hatchery effluent outfall in John F. Kennedy Park, as indicated by signs.
Mossy Shoals Special Regulation Area
Upstream end of Dunham Shoals to downstream end of Mossy Shoals, as indicated by signs.
Cow Shoals Seasonal Catch-and-Release Area
Oct. 1-Dec. 31. Head of Cow Shoals to mouth of Canoe Creek, as indicated by signs. Only artificial lures with a single, barbless hooking point shall be used. Natural or scented baits are prohibited. All trout must be released immediately. Closed to night fishing (one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise).
Johnson Hole (South Fork):
Pregnant women, women who may become pregnant, women who are breast-feeding, and children under the age of seven should not eat largemouth bass 16 inches or longer because of mercury contamination. Others should not eat largemouth bass 16 inches or longer. Other fish may be eaten without restriction. For more information on mercury contamination, see Page 47.

------
HTH

That's north of Searcy. From Riverside Park, the Little Red River flows east then south, eventually merging with the White River. No connecting lakes nearby that I can see.

yep. like 'lemme wash each of them separately, or at least mine, while i have the stove going and dad's resting and door's open.' not from my universe but i get that there are others, always

maybe if malik is autistic it might be easier to bathe them apart, he might not like baths or the kids might play up when together
though bathing one kid while having the cooker on with the other toddler unsupervised is a direct path to disaster!

Don't like the sounds of this case at all!!! I'm with others in thinking just WHO did last see Malik?? And when?? Someone other than the gf and Dad. Did anyone ever notice any resentment towards Malik, or more partiality shown towards his sister?? Yes I realize kids can wander and often do, however in this case, I don't think Malik left that house willingly on his own!!

Don't like the sounds of this case at all!!! I'm with others in thinking just WHO did last see Malik?? And when?? Someone other than the gf and Dad. Did anyone ever notice any resentment towards Malik, or more partiality shown towards his sister?? Yes I realize kids can wander and often do, however in this case, I don't think Malik left that house willingly on his own!!

Apparently, the last person to see him alive and healthy was his bio Mom, when she turned him over for his scheduled visitation that weekend. I don't know what day that was, I don't know what time of day that was, and I don't know where that transfer occurred. LE obviously knows the answers to those questions, and probably a whole lot more.

I figured after 10 days, that kind of information would have surfaced by now, whether it be a neighbor that saw him playing outside, or someone else that saw the the family coming and going from the home. So far, nothing has been mentioned

It's a little odd.....but not really when you put it into context. For example, there have been plenty of times when I have come indoors on a Friday afternoon, worked on some plans all weekend, surfed around on Websleuths, and watched a bunch of football games, without ever walking outdoors again until the beginning of the next week. I was never seen by anybody, and my truck never moved, for essentially 3 days. My home is my castle....and my refuge.

One could even argue that since the kids weren't seen by anybody after they were handed over for their visitation, that it shows they were getting a high level of parental supervision, just by the fact that they were indoors and not allowed to go play outside by themselves. After being closed up in the house all weekend, I could see where little Malik might have been getting a little stir crazy and wanted to get outside to check things out. Don't forget, it was wet and rainy that afternoon......there's nothing more fun to play in than a bunch of mud and water puddles !! (that can apply to both children and grown men)

Apparently, the last person to see him alive and healthy was his bio Mom, when she turned him over for his scheduled visitation that weekend. I don't know what day that was, I don't know what time of day that was, and I don't know where that transfer occurred. LE obviously knows the answers to those questions, and probably a whole lot more.

I figured after 10 days, that kind of information would have surfaced by now, whether it be a neighbor that saw him playing outside, or someone else that saw the the family coming and going from the home. So far, nothing has been mentioned

It's a little odd.....but not really when you put it into context. For example, there have been plenty of times when I have come indoors on a Friday afternoon, worked on some plans all weekend, surfed around on Websleuths, and watched a bunch of football games, without ever walking outdoors again until the beginning of the next week. I was never seen by anybody, and my truck never moved, for essentially 3 days. My home is my castle....and my refuge.

One could even argue that since the kids weren't seen by anybody after they were handed over for their visitation, that it shows they were getting a high level of parental supervision, just by the fact that they were indoors and not allowed to go play outside by themselves. After being closed up in the house all weekend, I could see where little Malik might have been getting a little stir crazy and wanted to get outside to check things out. Don't forget, it was wet and rainy that afternoon......there's nothing more fun to play in than a bunch of mud and water puddles !! (that can apply to both children and grown men)

Here's mud in your eye :). So, lets say he walked out, and wasn't found after a week of searches with dogs in all directions, if he went towards the play park, which may have been due to some familiarity, or toward his mom's home, not sure which direction that would be, or toward the quiet around the corner down Maple, or in the other direction on W Park towards a gas station and major road, for some reason, then not finding him at all, no solid leads, more than ten days later, can you really safely assume that wherever he is, this 2 year old little boy didn't get there alone?

Has it even been confirmed that girlfriend was bathing twin sister and not in the tub herself, as early msm stated?

If she was bathing twin sister, how did twin sister point to the door when girlfriend got out of the bath and asked where Malik was, according to those same early, msm articles?

Obviously both can't be true, so either the media got it wrong or someone's lying. I guess both are equally possible.

Here's a good quality map to follow river. I see a paved boat launch south of Searcy off 367.
http://www.agfc.com/fishing/Pages/fishingLakesDetail.aspx?show=Little Red River

You saw that too, I actually marked that spot as a point of interest on the water map I did, it looks like easy access to the river from a main road. The river search is marked on the main map (both linked in my sig) If you look closely there is a dam just south of where they were searching, not sure how that affects things :/

You saw that too, I actually marked that spot as a point of interest on the water map I did, it looks like easy access to the river from a main road. The river search is marked on the main map (both linked in my sig) If you look closely there is a dam just south of where they were searching, not sure how that affects things :/

Saw that on your great map, but if LRR is where this little 2 year old little Drummond boy ended up, assuming the cadaver dogs may have had a solid hit on specifically him up stream from where they live, where LE searches, is it possible he may have been left in the LRR further down stream, and the car that had him and his clothes could have been there in the park, up stream? Hope LE gets more information. If this visitation was routine, then some stranger near there could have known, if this stranger had been able to lurk around there on Sundays, maybe? Could panic over the expanding search lead such a stranger to the LRR, where they may have been familiar? Was the SM familiar with fishing spots along the river for any reason or did she have help? Could it be a wrong hit or distracting hit for the cadaver dogs?

Saw that on your great map, but if LRR is where this little Drummond 2 year old boy ended up, assuming the cadaver dogs may have had a solid hit on specifically him up stream from where they live, where LE searched, is it possible he may have been left in the LRR further down stream, and the car that had him and his clothes could have been there in the park, up stream? Hope LE gets more information. If this visitation was routine, then some stranger near there could have known, if this stranger had been able to lurk around there on Sundays, maybe? Could panic over the expanding search lead such a stranger to the LRR, where they may have been familiar? Was the SM familiar with fishing spots along the river for any reason? Could it be a wrong hit or distracting hit for the cadaver dogs?

There is so much we (the public) do not know that I could answer yes to all your questions :(

I'm discouraged . The tip to search the water seemed like the ONLY thing LE has to go on at this point. That it did not pan out is not good imho.

Little Bryeon Hunter was discarded in water. Even though they knew for a fact he was in the water, it still was about a month before he was found.
So just because nothing is found in a search in water, depending on the size and movement of that water, there still could be something there.
Hate to be a downer. I'll be elated to be wrong and this baby found alive !

I'm discouraged . The tip to search the water seemed like the ONLY thing LE has to go on at this point. That it did not pan out is not good imho.

Little Bryeon Hunter was discarded in water. Even though they knew for a fact he was in the water, it still was about a month before he was found.
So just because nothing is found in a search in water, depending on the size and movement of that water, there still could be something there.
Hate to be a downer. I'll be elated to be wrong and this baby found alive !

There's hope somebody may have taken him that may have had his best interest at heart, abducted out of kindness, but then why, by the same token, would they be so cruel to cause such suffering among the families, their friends and community? It doesn't sound plausible, and an accurate cadaver dog hit would put that theory to rest in the harshest way, you're right.

It looks like they release water into the LRR via Greer's Ferry dam weekly. Flow changes from 20 cfs (cubic feet per second) to over 3000 cfs.

Trying to find more detailed info on the area around Searcy.

http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/pages/data/tabular/htm/greersf.htm

Read somewhere, sorry no link anymore, but that the flow is directly correlated to demand. It was in the low fifties temps wise, so are most homes there gas or electric heat, Sunday dinner time, low usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968