AR AR - Margie Snead, 19, Hot Springs, 1 Jan 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping, today is Margie’s birthday. She has been missing for 48 years this year.

I would like to know more about the postcard... Was she staying at Arlington hotel? I listened the podcast (great job!); apparently, the missing report was made by a man (Justin McCoy) who believed she was his biological mother. I thought it was her parents, because of the information about the postcard.

Margie has been missing for about 50 years this year.

Found something big. Mike and Kathleen Snead with a daughter Margie (different surname) in Arkansas , exact same date of birth as our missing woman. That margie got married after this Margie went missing, she goes by three different names and looks like in one she's changed her dob a little. What's the likelihood hood of a woman same first name, both sets of parents exact same names, same area and exact same date of birth?

Found something big. Mike and Kathleen Snead with a daughter Margie (different surname) in Arkansas , exact same date of birth as our missing woman. That margie got married after this Margie went missing, she goes by three different names and looks like in one she's changed her dob a little. What's the likelihood hood of a woman same first name, both sets of parents exact same names, same area and exact same date of birth?
The likelihood would depend on the prevalence of the Snead surname in that region and the popularity of Margaret as a first name in that year.

But there are other more likely explanations, like she didn't change her DOB but you're finding records for the missing woman and they're being mixed with the non-missing woman, so some websites report her DOB as the missing woman's and others as the non-missing woman's. Unless, of course, you've pulled government birth certificates, in which case my point is moot.

You think it's possible there's another Margie who was called Snead, with parents with exactly the same names married to each other from the exact same area with the exact same date I'd birth? Personally I'd think the chances are rather slim, these I've pulled from my experience of genealogy sites. I'll build a tree I think.ive found her in social media, she's got multiple alias.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back