AR AR - Mary Jimmie Shinn, 25, Magnolia, 20 July 1978

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have become interested in this case. I had read an article about the sighting of her car swerving in the road with two people struggling. It was the tax accessor that saw this. I can’t find the article that mentioned what road this was on. Was wondering if you or anyone knows? Thanks!
rbbm
1721557125747.png
1721557143909.png
'' A little after 11 that day, police were told that a man had come into the E-Z Mart asking for change so he use the pay phone. The description led to a composite of a white male, mid-20s, approximately 5’8, about 185-200 pounds with dark, curly hair. The E-Z Mart employee said that most notably, the man had a “lazy gait.”

After the picture of Bobo’s car was published, the Columbia County Assessor called. He had been baling hay on property near Hwy. 32 the day of the disappearance, around noon, when his attention was caught by a blue car, swerving from side-to-side on the road.''

Here's another description of the incident and location. This one is from Columbia County Sheriff Mike Loe as interviewed by Jamie Davis of the Banner News in 2011.

"And there's another witness statement that Loe takes seriously, though the man who gave it has since passed away. Two days after Bobo disappeared, on July 22, 1978, Henry Erwin, then the Columbia County Assessor, saw a photo of Bobo's car in the Banner-News and called authorities.

He told them he was baling hay at about 12:05 p.m., July 20, on a gravel road just west of Highway 132 when he saw a blue car pass by on Columbia 32 with a male and female inside it. They appeared to be struggling, he told investigators, adding that the vehicle was going from side to side of the road, traveling at approximately 10-20 miles per hour."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back