Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why he confessed? What the circumstances around that confession were.

IMO, maybe she was found in one of His fields. So investigators went to question if he was working in that area Wednesday and seen her? Once he started getting questioned, maybe he felt they would find out anyway, might as well say he hit her and panicked because then he may be charged with something less??? MOO
But with that story, he didn't think of how they would know or how they would find out if that was true or not.
ETA::: Depending on how many acres he farms, maybe all the fields around that particular area do not belong to him? But they may have already asked all the farmers from that area....

This is a post yesterday from Jackson County Emergency Management.

Jackson County Emergency Management
I'm sitting here trying to find the words to say and I can't find none. No words can take away the pain Sydney's family is feeling. I'm a mother myself and my heart is absolutely breaking for her parents. Our condolences to the Sutherland/Nicholson Families.

I want to thank all the hundreds of volunteers who showed up over the last 3 days and helped in any way you could. I really do appreciate it and I tried to tell you all personally but if I missed you THANK YOU!

A hugh thank you to Jackson funeral home, Bare Fit in Jonesboro, Newport Walmart, Greenway, Icare Pharmacy, FatHead Pizza, Anheuser-Busch, Harris Hospital, several Church's, and the hundreds of community members who donated food, water, gatorade, powerade, fruit, snacks, chairs, mask, gloves, hand sanitizer, sun screen, mosquito spray, trash cans, coolers, Ice, ect.
THANK YOU!!!
I know I've missed some but please don't hold that against me. It's been a long 3 day's.

IMO, maybe she was found in one of His fields. So investigators went to question if he was working in that area Wednesday and seen her? Once he started getting questioned, maybe he felt they would find out anyway, might as well say he hit her and panicked because then he may be charged with something less??? MOO
But with that story, he didn't think of how they would know or how they would find out if that was true or not.
ETA::: Depending on how many acres he farms, maybe all the fields around that particular area do not belong to him? But they may have already asked all the farmers from that area....

I thought I read that he was involved in the searches for her. :(

Wait, she was found on his property?

Thanks @belleswhistles for your post as I intended to come back and add correction. It was while listening to a live video feed of reporter waiting in a van reading comments from viewers when he came back inside the van and stated that he misspoke when he said authorities were transporting SS's body from the suspect's property to the AR State Crime Lab for identification.

Reporter clarified he never meant to say suspect's property, and meant searched property. I believe SS was located not far from her home near the area they had been searching. (I don't think there's been confirmation who actually owns the parcel).

I really think the reporter made an honest mistake. MOO

If not on his property as previously mentioned, where was she found?

Sheriff: DNA confirms body found is missing Jackson County woman; suspect in custody

Aug 22, 2020

KATV content partner Region 8 News reports that Lucas said that the state medical examiner’s office was able to confirm the identity through DNA. A Jonesboro man was being held in jail on a homicide charge in connection with the Sydney Sutherland case, Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas said Friday

[..]

Lucas said a body of a female, that was believed to be Sutherland, was found around 2 p.m. Friday. The body was sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for identification.

Lucas did not release the name of the suspect Friday and Saturday, pending formal charges. Lucas did say that the suspect did know Sutherland.

Earlier in the day, Jackson County law enforcement had confirmed they had found a body in the area where they’ve been searching for the Sutherland.

Sources: Lewellyn arrested, charged in murder of Sutherland

Aug 22, 2020

By Region 8 Newsdesk | August 19, 2020 at 9:29 PM CDT - Updated August 22 at 11:01 PM

JACKSON COUNTY, Ark. (KAIT) - Quake Lewellyn has been arrested and charged in the murder of Sydney Sutherland, according to sources close to Region 8 News.

Authorities discovered Sutherland’s body Friday afternoon, ending a nearly three-day long search for the missing woman.

Authorities also said Saturday that the Arkansas State Medical Examiner in Little Rock confirmed that the body found Friday in Jackson County was that of Sutherland, according to Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas.

Lucas said around lunchtime Saturday that the state medical examiner’s office was able to confirm the identity through DNA.

Lucas said Friday that a Jonesboro man was being held in jail on a homicide charge in connection with the Sydney Sutherland case.

During an evening press conference, Lucas spoke about the case.

Lucas said a body of a female, that was believed to be Sutherland, was found around 2 p.m. Friday. The body was sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for identification.

Lucas did not formally release the name of the suspect Friday and Saturday, pending charges in the case.

The sheriff said the case is ongoing.

However, while not disclosing the name of the suspect, Lucas said the suspect did know Sutherland.

Earlier in the day Friday, Jackson County law enforcement had confirmed they’ve found a body in the area where they’ve been searching for the missing Jackson County woman.

Sheriff Lucas told Region 8 News that the body was found around 2 p.m. Friday.

Friday was the third day in a row investigators and volunteers spent searching for Sutherland.

[..]

She was seen jogging off Highway 18 between Newport and Grubbs around 3 p.m., going west.

Based on the chronology of reporter's tweets and discovery of SS's body, I think she was recovered near Hwy 18/County Roads 41 and 49.

Also, County Roads 41 and 49 were closed about an hour before -- the possible sight of a personal item belonging to SS (bracelet?).

Whaley@LoganWhaleyKAIT

#BREAKING: Sheriff David Lucas has confirmed that a body has been located. He did not confirm that it was Sutherland’s. He is at the scene now. We’ll pass along more information as we receive it.
1:03 PM · Aug 21, 2020

Logan Whaley@LoganWhaleyKAIT

Law enforcement agencies are requesting Highway 18 to be cleared at this time.
1:06 PM · Aug 21, 2020

Newport and Tuckerman’s Fire Dept. have arrived to the command center. More cars are here now than this morning

12:34 PM · Aug 21, 2020

Law enforcement agencies have closed down County Roads 41 and 49. We’re waiting to confirm, but we’ve been hearing that a bracelet might have been found.

12:29 PM · Aug 21, 2020

Jackson County Emergency Management is asking for volunteers to help search for Sydney. There are notably less cars at the command center today than yesterday.

10:43 AM · Aug 21, 2020

I just got off the phone with Sheriff David Lucas. Here’s what I was told. —A press conference is being planned for 1:00 at the Sheriff’s Office. —No new information since last night. —A crew is searching in the general area around County Roads 41, 42, and 43 near Hwy 18.

9:14 AM · Aug 21, 2020·

Last edited:

When the Lewellyn Family was named the Jackson County Family Farm of the year a few years ago, QL was quoted explaining how the 3 generations own their own land, they cross over and also farm for each other. In that respect, it's probably very much possible that SS's body was located where QL happened to be working but on property not necessarily in his name or owned by him.

I'm yet to see any maps of the searched areas in MSM. I'd like to see a Map specifically of Hyw 18 and County Roads 41-49.

I believe SS body was located somewhere around County Roads 43-49.

MOO

ETA: Jackson County Farm winner of the year linked by me up thread.

*noting:

https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...tern-arkansas-murder-victim-and-suspects-wife

Another woman, Brooke Lairson Allensworth, has been missing from Oil Trough Arkansas since July of 2018.

Allensworth was last seen in Oil Trough, on July 11, 2018.

She was driving her black 2007 Toyota Camry from Newport,
to Searcy when she got a flat tire.

She attempted to fix the flat, but the fix apparently didn't last.

She never arrived at her destination.

According to a source, Lewellyn is being questioned in the disappearance of Allensworth as well.

*noting:

https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...tern-arkansas-murder-victim-and-suspects-wife

Another woman, Brooke Lairson Allensworth, has been missing from Oil Trough Arkansas since July of 2018.

Allensworth was last seen in Oil Trough, on July 11, 2018.

She was driving her black 2007 Toyota Camry from Newport,
to Searcy when she got a flat tire.

She attempted to fix the flat, but the fix apparently didn't last.

She never arrived at her destination.

According to a source, Lewellyn is being questioned in the disappearance of Allensworth as well.
Searching local arrests, there may be an interesting connection to Brooke whom was booked in the same evening as QL. MOO

What in the world did he do to her ?? ?
Out of respect for the family I won't go into detail, but being outdoors, even if partially buried in hot weather a body can deteriorate quickly. The DNA ID may not be related to any injury she suffered. We need to wait for more info from LE, should they choose to release it. Prayers for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth