Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.

I’m sure authorities will look closely at Quakes devices. I wonder how much his location data will come in to play? As we see in the Daybell/Vallow case, cell phone pings place the suspects in the area where bodies were found. That can happen here too. Not just with Sydney, but with other cases. For instance, if Quake had his phone with him and he’s responsible and drove Brooke’s car to that underpass, pings will place him there.

Oh how I love technology!

Question.

I’m sure authorities will look closely at Quakes devices. I wonder how much his location data will come in to play? As we see in the Daybell/Vallow case, cell phone pings place the suspects in the area where bodies were found. That can happen here too. Not just with Sydney, but with other cases. For instance, if Quake had his phone with him and he’s responsible and drove Brooke’s car to that underpass, pings will place him there.

Would they be able to get his cell data from two years ago?

I was trying to find more info about Brooke’s disappearance but there doesn’t seem to be much info about it. Being a mother of 3, why did it take so long for them to start looking for her? It’s my understanding nothing was done until they found her car abandoned and she wasn’t reported missing until 2 weeks after she was last seen. So odd. Or am I misunderstanding??

Question.

Missing Arkansas jogger Sydney Sutherland found dead, man arrested

The Sheriff’s office major lead was Sutherland’s cellphone, which was found Thursday evening about a quarter-mile from her home, KAIT reported.

Do they mean the first major lead in finding Sutherland’s body or major lead in connecting the farmer to her?

Just requesting clarification.

I have to say I think it's interesting that Brooke dyed her hair blonde right before her disappearance, and obviously Sydney was blonde also. Could be nothing, could be that QL has a "type". Gives me shivers to think about. He could've gotten away with whatever happened to B and had more confidence going after S which is how he messed up. MOO.

Pretty sure that other women in his life dyed their hair blond too. JMO

Or I think he underestimated how fast people would start looking for her. It sounds like it was pretty quickly and maybe he didn't have time to cover his tracks? The other woman wasn't reported missing for days.. I don't even think anyone was looking till a couple weeks later. Whoever harmed her had plenty of time to hid evidence.

They moved so fast on this case and I think it really lead to them finding her and solving it. Had he had more time he would have gotten rid of her body, probably moved her out of the area and she may have never been found. Praise the Lord that her family, the community and LE jumped on it right away!

What do you think actually happened that day? Do we know if LE impounded his vehicle?

I am on the fence about this being his first time. I'm hesitant to assume serial killer since it is so rare and there were lots of mistakes here. I wonder about the incident that was reported not far from Grubbs the night before of a jogger who was attacked and left unconscious. It may be possible that if this was premeditated, he tested his attack approach on this other poor woman the night before. Moo. I also have seen through property records searches that QL's family owns property that is on this same road.
Woman reports attack while running at the park; Other reports released Tuesday and Wednesday by JPD

What might be seen as mistakes to us, might not be seen like that from the perp. I tuly believe this is not his first rodeo. JMO

Pretty sure that other women in his life dyed their hair blond too. JMO

They moved so fast on this case and I think it really lead to them finding her and solving it. Had he had more time he would have gotten rid of her body, probably moved her out of the area and she may have never been found. Praise the Lord that her family, the community and LE jumped on it right away!

What do you think actually happened that day? Do we know if LE impounded his vehicle?
I think it's likely that he was caught in the middle of processing her body in some way for disposal. Farm equipment is no joke.

Quake Lewellyn: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

1. Lewellyn Is a Third-Generation Farmer Who Said He ‘Always Worked on the Farm’
The article says the family members “farm 5,800 acres in four counties — Jackson, Independence, Poinsett and Craighead. They raise 4,000 acres of rice and 1,800 acres of soybeans, which are all irrigated, and 100 acres of wheat.”
2. Authorities Said Lewellyn Was Familiar With Sutherland Before the Murder
3. Lewellyn Wrote on Facebook He Was Married & Filled Social Media With Declarations of Love to His Spouse
The page also contains photos of him with three children.
4. Sutherland Shared a Joking Meme About Being Murdered Only a Few Weeks Ago
5. The Suspect Shared a Diagram of a Gun & Wrote About National Unity After September 11

Missing Arkansas Jogger, 25, Is Found Murdered Near Her Home Two Days After She Vanished

Aug 23, 2020

Prosecutor Henry Boyce will review the case and decide details regarding formal charges, KAIT8 reported. A bond hearing and arraignment may be as soon as Monday.

[..]

RELATED: Arkansas Woman, 25, Is Missing After Going for a Jog, and Police Find Her Cellphone

Investigators began scouring the area where Sutherland went on a jog after she did not return home on Wednesday. They were assisted by multiple police agencies, as well as the State Police and FBI.

The search ended at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday morning, but investigators returned a few hours later and searched the area again before 8 a.m.

On Thursday, Fox16 reported that investigators found Sutherland's cellphone about a quarter-mile from her home.

During a press conference, Lucas said AT&T had been assisting them with the investigation by searching for pings from Sutherland's phone and Apple Watch. "We’re working every aspect we can think of – from the social media side to the physical side,” Lucas said.

ETA: The phone was found undamaged on Thursday and SS body found the following afternoon.

I think local, state, and FBI were confident SS was still in the area and did not let up-- they kept their focus on that particular grid of Hwy 18 and County Roads 41-49.

Beginning Friday morning, authorities continued closing off sections of roads -- a process of elimination, until they found her. What a tragic ending to the life of a young, vibrant woman.

"A Searcy mother of three has been missing for three weeks now. 37-year-old Brooke Allensworth was last seen July 11, according to family. Her car was then found abandoned on a boat launch in Independence County."

Searcy mother of three missing, car discovered

Wondering if we have a final answer on whether Brooke's car was found under an underpass or on a boat launch?

Link to Websleuths thread for Brooke Allensworth (which is so short, such little information in this case :(

Quake Lewellyn: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

1. Lewellyn Is a Third-Generation Farmer Who Said He ‘Always Worked on the Farm’
The article says the family members “farm 5,800 acres in four counties — Jackson, Independence, Poinsett and Craighead. They raise 4,000 acres of rice and 1,800 acres of soybeans, which are all irrigated, and 100 acres of wheat.”
2. Authorities Said Lewellyn Was Familiar With Sutherland Before the Murder
3. Lewellyn Wrote on Facebook He Was Married & Filled Social Media With Declarations of Love to His Spouse
The page also contains photos of him with three children.
4. Sutherland Shared a Joking Meme About Being Murdered Only a Few Weeks Ago
5. The Suspect Shared a Diagram of a Gun & Wrote About National Unity After September 11
Strange wording. The implication seems to be that he may not be married and those individuals may not be his wife and kids

I am on the fence about this being his first time. I'm hesitant to assume serial killer since it is so rare and there were lots of mistakes here. I wonder about the incident that was reported not far from Grubbs the night before of a jogger who was attacked and left unconscious. It may be possible that if this was premeditated, he tested his attack approach on this other poor woman the night before. Moo. I also have seen through property records searches that QL's family owns property that is on this same road.
Woman reports attack while running at the park; Other reports released Tuesday and Wednesday by JPD
No way he's a serial killer. Guys a buffoon he couldn't get away with stealing trash from a garbage dump.

Gitana, is this little knife one that can stop someone or just cut them and make them angrier? It looks too small to do damage. Guess it depends on how you use it. Thanks so much.

You can do damage with it. If anyone got cut on the face with this it would be hard for them to keep coming at you. (Despite the movies!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth