Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
hollingsworth_verna_zps2bf63b37.jpg

http://swtimes.com/news/special-reports/series-fort-smith-woman-s-disappearance-leaves-family-perplexed

On July 14, 1985, Verna Hollingsworth was reported missing by her daughter, Brenda Rastegar. Before being reported missing, Hollingsworth had visited her daughter in Texas, then returned home. When Rastegar then came to Fort Smith to visit her mother, something was not right at the home, said detective Troy Williams, who has been assigned the case...

Rastegar found her mother’s vehicle in the driveway, but when she unlocked the door to the home, Hollingsworth was not there. The air conditioning was running and there was no padlock on the door, which was unusual. There was also no sign of a struggle in the home, and most of Hollingsworth’s belongings were there, Williams said...

Pauline Hollingsworth said she’s had suspicions that have continued to plague her. “I guess (the police) looked, and checked a lot — and maybe so, but I never felt like they did as much as they should,” she said. “They just kept saying ‘without a body we can’t do anything.’ … It just seemed like that was about all the answer we would ever get from them, so the body was what I was wanting them to find.”

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9729

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hollingsworth_verna.html

i wonder how soon after Verna's visit in Tex that the daughter came up to Ark? and i wonder if anyone saw Verna in Fort Smith after her visit to Tex.

i wonder how soon after Verna's visit in Tex that the daughter came up to Ark? and i wonder if anyone saw Verna in Fort Smith after her visit to Tex.
It does’nt pass the nose test i can tell you that!!!!

2D9EA329-26E1-4979-AD8C-5F11A19BA093.png I’m Verna Sue Hollingsworth.I’ve been missing/Endangered from Ft.Smith, Arkansas since summer of 1985.Please help find me.Any info no matter how trivial may help me.Thank you for your help.

View attachment 265890 I’m Verna Sue Hollingsworth.I’ve been missing/Endangered from Ft.Smith, Arkansas since summer of 1985.Please help find me.Any info no matter how trivial may help me.Thank you for your help.
This may get more attention in the Missing section of the forum rather than the Unidentified section.

The daughter came by several days later after Verna was seen by family and friends in Fort Smith, Verna also was seeing a man that was the ast person to see her alive..

• verna_sue_hollingsworth_1.jpg
Hollingsworth, circa 1985
  • Missing Since 07/10/1985
  • Missing From Fort Smith, Arkansas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 43 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue jeans.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Hollingsworth was last seen in Fort Smith, Arkansas on July 10, 1985. She had visited her daughter in Texas, then returned home before she vanished. Her daughter reported her missing. Hollingsworth's daughter stated she came to her mother's house on July 12 and noticed that her vehicle was parked in the driveway, locked, but no one was home.

The air conditioner was running inside the home and the front door was not padlocked, which is uncharacteristic of Hollingsworth. There were no indications of a struggle and most of her belongings were left behind. She has never been heard from again.

In addition to her daughter, Hollingsworth left behind a young son whom she wasn't in contact with. Few details are available in her case.

<<Ms. Hollingsworth had recently visited her daughter in Texas, and then returned home to Arkansas. Verna also has a son, Terry Efurd, but he only met her briefly once when he was 11, and then she disappeared when he was 14. She is listed as deceased in the Social Security Death Index as of 1992>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4
Back