AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers Crossed - those facial expressions are way too similar to just be a coincidence IMO.

Hm, so, from what I'm understanding is that no one bothered to check Phylliss'sDNA status in NamUs to see if she would be an auto rule out, hence her name not appearing on EDJD's rule out list? Interesting.

Hm, so, from what I'm understanding is that no one bothered to check Phylliss'sDNA status in NamUs to see if she would be an auto rule out, hence her name not appearing on EDJD's rule out list? Interesting.

Honestly yeah I am kind of confused because I believe (unless I'm just remembering wrong) in the OP the poster said the girl in the B/W photo wasn't listed anywhere as missing and they didn't want to give her name out.

Honestly yeah I am kind of confused because I believe (unless I'm just remembering wrong) in the OP the poster said the girl in the B/W photo wasn't listed anywhere as missing and they didn't want to give her name out.

The OP didn’t specifically say the woman wasn’t reported missing, but it was implied through the repeated statements that the name wouldn’t be given out of respect for the family. Odd considering Phyllis has been listed as a missing person for so long and also that her Charley page says her family is deceased. It seems a bit like people were duped. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall, but anyone who has done this for a bit knows that if both cases show DNA in NamUs there's a good chance they've been ruled out, and auto rule outs aren't listed (the poster's beef on FB).

I'm a little confused, the Facebook poster said LE got El Dorado's DNA from her makeup. How did they do that?

I'm a little confused, the Facebook poster said LE got El Dorado's DNA from her makeup. How did they do that?

I'm not sure the information in that post is credible, it reads to me more like back pedaling for not doing due diligence in the first place and having poor research skills, IMHO.

I'm not sure the information in that post is credible, it reads to me more like back pedaling for not doing due diligence in the first place and having poor research skills, IMHO.

I was thinking the same thing.

Yes I think it was a mistake and was talking about the make up of DNA and not actual makeup, but the lady got confused. I’m confused because when she first posted she refused to name her saying it was because of family, now she says her family is dead. Then she said that yearbook photo was the only known photo of the missing girl but there are multiple photos. I read every comment in that post that was deleted and she did also say in one of the comments that the girl was not on any of the missing person sites. But she is. I feel like that original post was deceptive for some reason but I don’t know what the point would be. Weird

Yes that’s her main beef - is that she believes that le got edjds DNA from her makeup. If that were the case then I agree that’s a pretty unreliable sample but I don’t know where she got that info from. It doesn’t seem right to me. Can anyone verify either way where they got her DNA?

Yes that’s her main beef - is that she believes that le got edjds DNA from her makeup. If that were the case then I agree that’s a pretty unreliable sample but I don’t know where she got that info from. It doesn’t seem right to me. Can anyone verify either way where they got her DNA?

She said she got the info on the DNA coming from EDJD's makeup from LE. That's how I read it. Further down in the comments, another poster said they verified with investigators that the DNA came from her remains. I think she conceded she misunderstood what she was being told in reply to it. This is another reason why I doubt the validity of the her research/sources.

ETA: Also, she never comes right out and says it, but she writes like she has some sort of inside information or source, but never names it. I'm always suspect of this and people who are wholly unconnected with a case trying to insert themselves into it and then assert themselves as some sort of expert on it.

Yes I think it was a mistake and was talking about the make up of DNA and not actual makeup, but the lady got confused. I’m confused because when she first posted she refused to name her saying it was because of family, now she says her family is dead. Then she said that yearbook photo was the only known photo of the missing girl but there are multiple photos. I read every comment in that post that was deleted and she did also say in one of the comments that the girl was not on any of the missing person sites. But she is. I feel like that original post was deceptive for some reason but I don’t know what the point would be. Weird

Either very poor research or attention seeking, or both.

On another note - the photo she got of Phyllis doesn’t even look like the same person as the others.

On another note - the photo she got of Phyllis doesn’t even look like the same person as the others.

I agree, the yearbook picture doesn't look a lot like Phyllis, but I see a resemblance. I think it's the angle and facial expression on her face the moment it was snapped that is causing the disparity.

On a side note, for another case I follow, where the MP also happens to be named Phyllis, the picture of her in the newspaper looks nothing like her other known pictures. Per one of her friends, the picture in the paper isn't her. Not sure where the media got the photo, but mistakes do happen.

I agree, the yearbook picture doesn't look a lot like Phyllis, but I see a resemblance. I think it's the angle and facial expression on her face the moment it was snapped that is causing the disparity.

On a side note, for another case I follow, where the MP also happens to be named Phyllis, the picture of her in the newspaper looks nothing like her other known pictures. Per one of her friends, the picture in the paper isn't her. Not sure where the media got the photo, but mistakes do happen.
Another thing Allie I'm pretty convinced that she dropped out before high school so I think high school yearbooks would be a bust I think if anything we should focus on Junior High yearbooks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think most of her pictures look like a different person esp. the one with JM by the car. But I think her post mortem picture looks like Cathleen Marie Martin who went missing in 1987.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper