Are Darlie and Darrin Still Married?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Spousal Privilege" meaning that they can't be compelled to testify against each other as long as they are married?

"Spousal Privilege" meaning that they can't be compelled to testify against each other as long as they are married?

That's what I think, but I'm not sure if that law applies in Texas.

All seems a bit strange to me.

So she is trying to throw him under the bus now?

From what I had seen and read they were always playing a very careful game of pushing just enough guilt toward Darren to give Darlie reasonable doubt but not enough to get Darren arrested or indicted. At least that is what it appeared they were doing. If they were aggressively pursuing him to be prosecuted for the murders I think there would be a pretty strong break in the families......

From what I had seen and read they were always playing a very careful game of pushing just enough guilt toward Darren to give Darlie reasonable doubt but not enough to get Darren arrested or indicted. At least that is what it appeared they were doing. If they were aggressively pursuing him to be prosecuted for the murders I think there would be a pretty strong break in the families......

Yes, it does seem like it could be this way...but I do wonder if Darrin goes along with it or what he thinks about it.
I know if something horrible happened and she did get out of jail I would bet on my life they'd never stay together.

During an interview on a recent Court TV show on Darlie's case 'The Wrong Man?' two investigators asked Darlie if she were released would she go back to Darin. Darlie said that she would not.

Yes, it does seem like it could be this way...but I do wonder if Darrin goes along with it or what he thinks about it.
I know if something horrible happened and she did get out of jail I would bet on my life they'd never stay together.

No I think Darrin committed an unpardonable sin. He accepted the truth that she will not get out in a long long time if ever and most than likely will be executed. So he stopped waiting for her and moved on. Darlie has no choice but to keep the faith but I don't think she will tolerate anyone else who does not. Of course she would have to get out for any of this to matter and I really don't think there is much chance of that.

Having lived in Dallas during this time I have a huge interest in this case. I watched the daily news reports and read the papers with keen interest. There are numerous questions I have.

Why didn't their dog, Domain, bark if there was an intruder? He attempted to bite one of the officers and Darlier herself said that the dog went nuts when a stranger came in to the house.

Why weren't any of the flowers or the flower stems broken in the vase on the table? Why wasn't the vase broken?

Why are the only bloody footprints Darlie's?

Why did the children have stab wounds up to 5 inches deep and Darlie had superficial wounds? Why would an intruder change his tactics from stabbing to cutting?

Why didn't Darlie have defensive wounds on her hands?

Why is there no blood outside of the house?

But this is the one issue that bothers me the most..... Darlie was very adamant about explaining why her fingerprints were on the knife. She said she was worried about "covering up" the other fingerprints. She said she saw the intruder drop the knife so she must know that he was not wearing gloves. Why would an intruder drop a knife that he knew was going to incriminate him???? But to the best of my memory, there were no other fingerprints found on the knife. If Darlie was mistaken and the intruder did have on gloves where did the unidentified bloody fingerprint come from on the door and the table? It is highly improbable the intruder would take off his gloves before leaving the house.

I think Darlie and Darin planned this murder together. I think they concocted this story of an intruder. I think Darin is the person that inflicted the bruises to Darlie in the fight they had earlier.... I think Darlie cut herself. For motive... I think it was for money... not the insurance money..... Darin was heard in the hospital while Darlie was being tended to that he could sell his story for a "made-for-tv movie" and make lots of money.

JuJuBee wrote:
He claims he didn't wake up during the attacks but is the man deaf? My husband spent 20 years in the Marine Corps. He can fall asleep anywhere in any position and he sleeps like a rock, but if one of his sons coughed in the night he would wake up instantly. How do you not wake up when your kids are being murdered in your living room? I can't get past that.

I'm not sure that makes him guilty. My husband sleeps like the dead. He wouldn't have heard anything.

JuJuBee wrote:
He claims he didn't wake up during the attacks but is the man deaf? My husband spent 20 years in the Marine Corps. He can fall asleep anywhere in any position and he sleeps like a rock, but if one of his sons coughed in the night he would wake up instantly. How do you not wake up when your kids are being murdered in your living room? I can't get past that.

I'm not sure that makes him guilty. My husband sleeps like the dead. He wouldn't have heard anything.

Have you had young children? I used to wake up, even "sleeping like the dead"?

During an interview on a recent Court TV show on Darlie's case 'The Wrong Man?' two investigators asked Darlie if she were released would she go back to Darin. Darlie said that she would not.

Yeah, I've read that. I haven't seen the "Wrong Man", but have seen a video where she does express her doubts about her and Darin being together again.

What was the name of the video Rockin..Id like to have a look at it....Im inthralled by this case but we dont get much updated info down here I read and dont post alot eventhough I believe in Darlies guilt.... you seem to be a wealth of info.

Have you had young children? I used to wake up, even "sleeping like the dead"?
Exactly. It's a sixth sense or something. I sleep like the dead too, but if the boys twitched in their sleep I was instantly awake. The kind of mess that was made in Darlie's living room...how could anyone sleep through that?

Exactly. It's a sixth sense or something. I sleep like the dead too, but if the boys twitched in their sleep I was instantly awake. The kind of mess that was made in Darlie's living room...how could anyone sleep through that?

yep I was sound asleep on the other side of my house the other night and I heard my daughter cry out my name. It amazed me how I heard her and woke so instantly. My alarm clock sure can't do that.

'Why do those pictures need to be on the internet?' JuJuBee

I understand what your saying as I found the pictures upsetting myself when I first saw them. You must remember though what the site is about - the murder of two little boys and the place on site where pictures are located clealy states that there are crime scene pics that some people may find distubing. The pictures show the position and the force of the wounds - something that is better 'put over' in picture form. Its pictures showing the crime scene and as this particular case happens to involve children im not surprised that there are pictures of the children. If the site was about an assault on children I would not be surprised to see a picture of the injuries sustained. In this case the bodies are evidence in a murder investigation and they have been photographed and presented as such.

'I can't adequately express to you how much it outraged me to see those pictures. It was like the absolute final indignity she could visit on the boys, to plaster their butchered little bodies all over the internet where any weirdo could look at them.....
.......THAT is how those pictures of Darlie's sons should have been treated. Instead her family pimped them out to get sympathy. It's sickening and vile.'

From my point of view the pictures -although upsetting - show exactly what happend to these children far better than any report/discription. At the end of the day though these pictures are evidence and that is what this site is treating them as - evidence. They are not being used as a way to get sympathy at all as they are in with all the other crime scene photos and are not given any specilist publicity/treatment.

Nicola, I have to disagree...that site is about Darlie and nothing else...it's dedicated to Darlie...the boys are basically forgotten.

why would she? Their marriage was on the rocks when the murders occurred and in fact Darlie asked Darin for a separation that night.

If Darlie were ever released, she'd be off looking for a rich man to drain. Although she'd be better off in Europe, LOL, she's too well known in NA.

Regarding the photos on her support website, they are proof of Darlie's guilt in my mind. Those plunges into those small boys bodies were meant to kill them. Darlie's injuries were mere scratches compared to what they received. It's pathetic that they have them on display for everyone to see. I looked at them a couple of years ago but cannot go back and view them again. She's a fool for allowing them to still be posted but then again she was a fool to have killed her children.

Regarding the photos on her support website, they are proof of Darlie's guilt in my mind. Those plunges into those small boys bodies were meant to kill them. Darlie's injuries were mere scratches compared to what they received. It's pathetic that they have them on display for everyone to see. I looked at them a couple of years ago but cannot go back and view them again. She's a fool for allowing them to still be posted but then again she was a fool to have killed her children.

I agree. Much of what they call attention to merely emphasis the fact that she's where she needs to be. Even in the recently shown again A&E show, they mention that the boys were "exhumed" to be fingerprinted, but no one wants to talk about what they allowed them to do to those poor little boys' bodies in order to prove exactly nothing. After all they've been through, their family allowed them to be butchered even more knowing all along that it wouldn't do a damn thing to help Darlie. For this she should rot.

I agree. Much of what they call attention to merely emphasis the fact that she's where she needs to be. Even in the recently shown again A&E show, they mention that the boys were "exhumed" to be fingerprinted, but no one wants to talk about what they allowed them to do to those poor little boys' bodies in order to prove exactly nothing. After all they've been through, their family allowed them to be butchered even more knowing all along that it wouldn't do a damn thing to help Darlie. For this she should rot.

Yes, another tell tell sign that Darlie never really bonded or considered those boys, her "children". It's like she has no attachment to them whatsoever.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismyless
Back