Are the protesters trespassing???

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost nowhere in the US do the citizens own the property from sidewalk to road. I haul scrap metal and that is what makes my job legal. Anything on the easement including trash, is considered fair game, because it is owned by the city technically, and the city has already deemed anything in that area on trash night as worthless. Also, if residents owned that area, then residents would also own the street signs and fire hydrants on them. Like I said, the only reason that I know this is because I have to for my job.

Do you mean the one with the old lady talking?
Yes, they also have a video of the altercation. The guy interviewing her is the one who gave her the idea about pressing charges.

But I don't think we know for sure if it was her or not. WFTV reported at 11pm that someone had press charges but they didn't say if it was a man or women.

Where do some of these loonies come from? I just think that it's a volatile situation all together. The Anthony's need to stop putting themselves in harms way. The protesters need to stop egging them on and putting themselves in harms way. I think OSCO really needs to step in more. It's obvious that a lot of these protesters are over stepping boundaries.

I further think its awful that people are taking their young children to these protests and bringing dolls with them.

These people need to seriously rethink and do things in a more constructive manner. What are you protesting? That Casey is out on bail and her daughter is lost? What is this going to accomplish? why not protest at OSCO about why Casey hasn't been charged yet? Why not be out volunteering at the search for Caylee? Why not protest outside Jose Baez's place of business?

Chilly Willy, Lee was concerned enough about the hammer to take it away from his dad.

Their were lots of news cameras running, maybe the vids will be up tomorrow.

Almost nowhere in the US do the citizens own the property from sidewalk to road. I haul scrap metal and that is what makes my job legal. Anything on the easement including trash, is considered fair game, because it is owned by the city technically, and the city has already deemed anything in that area on trash night as worthless. Also, if residents owned that area, then residents would also own the street signs and fire hydrants on them. Like I said, the only reason that I know this is because I have to for my job.
I already pulled the property up on the Orange Cty tax records. It is not their property. See the thread "Are protesters trespassing" for picture and link.

Chilly Willy, Lee was concerned enough about the hammer to take it away from his dad.

Their were lots of news cameras running, maybe the vids will be up tomorrow.

I don't see what Lee taking the hammer has to do with anything. George didn't use the hammer or threaten anyone with it. He didn't come running out of the garage with it as some people have claimed. Lee's "concern" doen't make George guilty of anything.

He never does just 2 teenagers or a 50 year old lady, because they don't fight back wish I would have been there I promise if if I see him or anyother male disrespecting or assaulting a paddy I would shoved that hammer where the sun don't shine. And if you forcefully grab or push or shove it is considered simple battery or asault.

You just proved your argument wrong :)

"Anything on the easement including trash,"

Definition:
Easement - An easement is the right to use another person's land for a stated purpose. It can involve a general or specific portion of the property.
http://homebuying.about.com/cs/easem...sement_faq.htm

Just because the government maintains usage of an easement does not mean every tom dick and harry can walk onto that homeowner’s property into the easement. It is there for utilities usage only the homeowner still owns the land and can trespass you off of it.

And yes the governemt puts fire hydrants there too but they maintain them.

I can't believe anyone is calling that assault. My gosh, people made it sound like George came running out of the garage with hammer in hand ready to bash someone. He had the hammer in his hand because he was pounding stakes into the ground to hold the tape. If it weren't for the protesters there would be no need for tape in the first place. Did you hear what people were screaming to them? That wasn't protesting, it was cruelty. Are the Anthonys supposed to be made of stone or what? George guided the man back off his driveway. Is there video of George supposedly assaulting the poor feeble old woman? How long before the rumor mill puts her in a wheelchair wearing an oxygen mask?

Chilly, first of all George should NOT be confronting protestors in ANY way, and secondly he shouldn't be doing it with a hammer in his hand. The Anthony's have repeatedly gone out to confront posters with hammers in their hand. Cindy even waved her hammer around. They are CLEARLY trying to intimidate protestors. The LAW is the law and people have a right to peaceful assembly and they have a RIGHT to voice their opinion. Now I have seen the Anthony's run out to the grass between the sidewalk and street that they don't even own to yell at protestors to get off their property. They are so worried about protestors yet haven't shown one OUNCE of concern for Caylee. Sorry again NO pity from me, and yes Chilly, all George has to do is grab this women in a threatening manner and if he had a weapon in his hand which a hammer would be considered a weapon he can be charged with assult, which I hope he is. But trust me if not tomorrow, the next day, because this man is about to blow. Many of you say there is something wrong with these protestors who should "get a life". I agree some of them are odd, most of them have lost loved ones of their own, (several have lost children) so they are feeling a deeper connection to this case. But this story is not about the protestors, it's about Caylee and something the Anthony's again have forgotten.

Where do some of these loonies come from? I just think that it's a volatile situation all together. The Anthony's need to stop putting themselves in harms way. The protesters need to stop egging them on and putting themselves in harms way. I think OSCO really needs to step in more. It's obvious that a lot of these protesters are over stepping boundaries.

I further think its awful that people are taking their young children to these protests and bringing dolls with them.

These people need to seriously rethink and do things in a more constructive manner. What are you protesting? That Casey is out on bail and her daughter is lost? What is this going to accomplish? why not protest at OSCO about why Casey hasn't been charged yet? Why not be out volunteering at the search for Caylee? Why not protest outside Jose Baez's place of business?[/QUOTE]

because its pretty obvious at this point that they continue to cover up for their daughter like they have done her entire life. She did not become this way overnight. it is this kind of parenting that may have led to KC being who she is a Liar, thieve and possible murderer. This is what the protesters see...this is what is getting many people upset. parents must recognize when it is time for children to accept the consequences of their actions...JMHO

I don't think anyone thinks it's funny. And yes, the protesters have been told to knock off the yelling. It's curious though, that GA didn't go after the one person who was yelling their head off.
Because he was a pretty big guy why pick a fight with him when you can go after an old lady.

Did you hear what that guy was yelling? Something like why did you throw the baby out like trash, she was not trash, over and over again.

Please quote me properly, I said "An angry mob trying to "break" the Anthony's is stupid, it will not happen and it's wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right! Be there hold your signs and protest let hem know how you feel if you wish, not that they care, but do it peaceably. It just erks me to see people here trying to find every which way to bypass the law to annoy them."

Peaceful protests are great and have a use in society but not all of these people are acting peaceably and those obviously are the ones I refer the "angry mob" I don't think protesting is stupid I think an "angry mob" is stupid.

And regarding the property the homeowners association may still own the remainder of that land. I know many subdivisions in Orlando that they HOA must repair sidewalks and are even responsible for caring for the grass and trees in that area. But like someone else said lets not squabble over a few feet and start breaking out the tape measure. Point is if they keep being a nuisance crowd eventually LE will kick everyone out and lock down the street.

Again, what you think is stupid is not illegal. Do I like what I see going on? No. But it's not tresspassing if they stay where they are supposed to.

Several local posters have posted that the HOA issue is not the case.

I don't see what Lee taking the hammer has to do with anything. George didn't use the hammer or threaten anyone with it. He didn't come running out of the garage with it as some people have claimed. Lee's "concern" doen't make George guilty of anything.

Chilly: If George shoved this woman with or without the hammer in his hand it's consider assult. However we have seen this family come out over and over again with hammers in their hand confronting angry protestors. Do you think that's wise? Who gives a ### who owns that strip between the sidewalk and street. The Anthony's are lucky IMO that some nut job hasn't come and taken them out. Seriously, how much longer do you think it's going to take before George actually uses that hammer? Why don't the Anthony's stop worrying about who's in front of their home and worry more about their compulsive lying daughter? Or more about their Grand Daughter who by all means is out rotting somewhere?

If that old lady was my mom or something GA would've been laying on the ground when the cops showed up. Yeah, he was scared to go after the big black scary person! So he went after the feminine and the old lady..........when the black lady was the one screaming her head off

They're not peacefully protesting. That's half the problem. (with the other half being the A family itself)

Because he was a pretty big guy why pick a fight with him when you can go after an old lady.

Did you hear what that guy was yelling? Something like why did you throw the baby out like trash, she was not trash, over and over again.

Uncalled for. And from what I understand LE could have done something about it....had they have been there. Too bad they weren't.

Chilly, first of all George should NOT be confronting protestors in ANY way, and secondly he shouldn't be doing it with a hammer in his hand. The Anthony's have repeatedly gone out to confront posters with hammers in their hand. Cindy even waved her hammer around. They are CLEARLY trying to intimidate protestors. The LAW is the law and people have a right to peaceful assembly and they have a RIGHT to voice their opinion. Now I have seen the Anthony's run out to the grass between the sidewalk and street that they don't even own to yell at protestors to get off their property. They are so worried about protestors yet haven't shown one OUNCE of concern for Caylee. Sorry again NO pity from me, and yes Chilly, all George has to do is grab this women in a threatening manner and if he had a weapon in his hand which a hammer would be considered a weapon he can be charged with assult, which I hope he is. But trust me if not tomorrow, the next day, because this man is about to blow. Many of you say there is something wrong with these protestors who should "get a life". I agree some of them are odd, most of them have lost loved ones of their own, (several have lost children) so they are feeling a deeper connection to this case. But this story is not about the protestors, it's about Caylee and something the Anthony's again have forgotten.

It appeared to me in that video that George and Cindy did their best to ignore the "protesters" and the protesters kept pushing, getting louder and nastier, trying to get a reaction. Makes for more camera time, don't you know? It's obvious to me that the protesters were the ones seeking a confrontation and the Anthonys tried their best not to give it to them. Everyone has a breaking point. The Anthonys have committed no crimes and aren't even POI in any crime. They shouldn't have to stay holed up in their home 24/7.

Perhaps George and Cindy should go over to the home of that woman who banged on their door a few days ago - her child was kidnapped by the child's father - and six years later, to my understanding, she still hasn't reported it.

IMHO I don't think that you can blame the parents if a child suddenly turns into a psycho. Casey is 22 years old. Did they enable her partying? Yes. Did they know something was wrong? We don't know. Does Casey lie? Absolutely. However, obviously she is very immature. Immature people lie. They probably put up with it because of Caylee. It's a very real possiblity that they didn't want to put up with it and look what happened to Caylee. I don't think it's fair to claim that they are responsible for Casey, when she's a grown adult. They aren't responsible for raising a killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89