Are you planning on attending Caylee's public memorial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will you attend Caylee's public memorial?

• Yes

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • No

Votes: 295 94.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

This baby should have had a private and dignified burial / cremation a l-o-n-g time ago. :(

I'm not planning on going. Such services are for those who are left behind. A way to say good bye. It would be different if I knew the baby or the family personally. But I don't.

Some folks are upset that the A's want Casey to attend a private one. Or at least see it with a private link. It isn't all about Casey. It's about what makes the rest of the family feel better during this time. To help them heal. It's what the G-parents are requesting, because they need to feel that they are grieving as a whole family. Which shows they are not ready to accept Casey's part in the death. They might never accept it. But they still need to move on with their life.

If very few folks were going, I would attend for a show of support (body count) that the family might need. But I don't think that will be an issue.

I also have a sick feeling concerning who will show up at the memorial and what will happen. Just thinking about the crazy protestors in front of the home makes me ill. I live too far away but I don't think I would attend even if I lived close.

I, like a lot of you, think that this memorial is going to end up being a paid commercial for Casey. There is no way Cindy is going to let this be entirely about Caylee. She has been planning this for a long time, even before Caylee was found. By the time this service is through, she will think Casey should be honored as Mother of the Year.

But then, the news just came out that Baez will be selling pics for Casey's defense and I know that isn't sitting too well with Cindy. In her mind, those pics and videos belong to her and she will not want Baez making money from them. Especially because then she won't be able to. No doubt in my mind, that some TV station is paying the Anthonys for the rights of covering the memorial.

This family may greive the loss of their beloved grandchild and I have no doubt they did love her very much but by the time this is over, they will be well paid for their loss.:mad:

I posted my thoughts before reading others. After reading a few posts, I would like to point out that the Anthonys are in a catch 22 situation. If they only had a private one, folks would have complaiend. Might even orginized a public one. But they did make one public, now folks are saying it's going to be a circus. Sigh...

What ever they do, it's for "Them" the family. Their grief, their what ever. What they do, will be to make themselves feel better. That may include feeding the need to help their other daughter they feel like they are loosing. It may included part fantasy of what they believe at this momment to be true. What ever they say or do, it will be wrong in someone's eyes. No way around it.

I am not planning on discussing what happens at that memorial, because what they do, they will be doing in the mist of grief. Who am I to judge THAT ???

I also have a sick feeling concerning who will show up at the memorial and what will happen. Just thinking about the crazy protestors in front of the home makes me ill. I live too far away but I don't think I would attend even if I lived close.

I, like a lot of you, think that this memorial is going to end up being a paid commercial for Casey. There is no way Cindy is going to let this be entirely about Caylee. She has been planning this for a long time, even before Caylee was found. By the time this service is through, she will think Casey should be honored as Mother of the Year.

But then, the news just came out that Baez will be selling pics for Casey's defense and I know that isn't sitting too well with Cindy. In her mind, those pics and videos belong to her and she will not want Baez making money from them. Especially because then she won't be able to. No doubt in my mind, that some TV station is paying the Anthonys for the rights of covering the memorial.

This family may greive the loss of their beloved grandchild and I have no doubt they did love her very much but by the time this is over, they will be well paid for their loss.:mad:

Since the grandparents are setting it up, it might be a memorial for all that they lost. They lost their daughter and their Grand-daughter. They will wish to think well of both of them. So yes, it may end up just as you pointed out. Considering it's her family, they will want to remember some of the good things.

We need to allow them their time of grief. That includes their grief of loosing Casey was well.

Well, I may not have known Caylee personally, but I do know that I've thought of her every single day since this case has began. Little things throughout the day make me think of her, just like my own son. She's been a major part of my life for months now. I feel grief and sorrow for the loss of her life. I went out and searched. I've spent countless hours on here, just as many, many of you have. I have prayed for her, but I don't feel like I've said a final goodbye. Part of me is a little worried about it possibly turning into a circus, but really, I just don't care. I won't be there for the A's, or the media, or anything else. I'll be there to say goodbye to Caylee, and honor her life. I think that if someone is there truly for Caylee, then it won't matter what else happens!

Caylee has a spot in my heart, and I'm happy that I have the opportunity to say my own goodbyes to her at a memorial service.

I agree with you, I don't think this will be for/about Caylee. Boy, I hate being so cynical, but this whole case has left me that way.

I think it is what you make of it. If a person is there to honor Caylee, to say goodbye to her, to pray for her, then it will be about Caylee.

I'm not sure. I feel a connection to her...I searched in both September and November...and, like all of us, I have been glued to my computer trying to absorb any and all details of this case.

But, I just have a nagging feeling in my gut that something is "off" about this. For myself, I would like closure. But, for Caylee, I feel like I should let her rest in peace.

I wish I could be there just to pray for this beautiful child. I pray that this will be a beautiful service focused on Caylee...and Caylee alone. Though I'm miles away, I will be there in spirit.

I have to pass by there later in the day and could easily go but I can't bring myself to participate in yet another attempt to exploit the memory of that poor little girl.

True dignity would have been a private family service and that's it.

I'm disgusted that this public event is going to happen and I heard through the local grapevine (I do business with an elder of the church) that there are some airing rights currently being negotiated.

Poor little Caylee is nothing but an ATM card to that family and its nauseating.

Agreed. The churches regular services are always aired. They spent a fortune on their A/V system.

No I live in PA. and I wouldnt go anyway. Im not watching the live stream either. I agree with the poster above. This isnt about Caylee, this is about what "other" people want as usual. And I guarantee, its going to turn into a media circus where everyone focuses on the attendees, and not Caylee.

I was a little scared I was going to get crucified for saying what I really feel about it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Nope, you're not the ony one.
You expressed it better then I would have tho.:)
just another cash cow ploy, IMO :cow::mad:
:cow:

are the anthony able to pay for this elaborate memorial or is everything being donated?
If its truly to honor caylee then I hope its beautiful but if its just a show to let cindy be in the limelight again and try to get sympathy then Im not interested.
I doubt this big public thing is what george needs a quiet private memorial might be more appropriate.

I feel the same way.
I think they will use it to eulogize Casey with photographs of mom and baby. Once inside you feel captive to their propaganda.

I agree. I'm afraid it's going to be used to draw attention to the other Anthonys, instead of a true memorial. I hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't go if I lived right next door. I have a feeling this memorial will not be all about Caylee.

I see in my head a 10-20 minute photo/video montage being played filled with tons of pictures of Casey and Caylee. It will be the beginning of their "mother of the year" tour and "look how much she loved her, she couldn't be guilty!"

A video feed to the potential jury pool that will be more about defending Casey than honoring baby Caylee.

jmo

I sent a couple of emails to Pastor Uth expressing my concern about this happening and reminded him that this was Caylees day and should be only about her

Since the grandparents are setting it up, it might be a memorial for all that they lost. They lost their daughter and their Grand-daughter. They will wish to think well of both of them. So yes, it may end up just as you pointed out. Considering it's her family, they will want to remember some of the good things.We need to allow them their time of grief. That includes their grief of loosing Casey was well.

Then they can save it for the private funeral/memorial which is where it should be kept. This service should be about Caylee and celebrating her short life and the outpouring of love she has received from total strangers.

The A's grief for losing Casey can have a venue of it's own and then see how many people show up in support of it.

I am unable to attend in person but I can say that if I were able to go and they started with the "loving mother" crap I would have no problem standing up and walking out and hoping others will follow suit.

are the anthony able to pay for this elaborate memorial or is everything being donated?
If its truly to honor caylee then I hope its beautiful but if its just a show to let cindy be in the limelight again and try to get sympathy then Im not interested.
I doubt this big public thing is what george needs a quiet private memorial might be more appropriate.

I don't know, it might do George a world of good to share his grief with others and to see an outpouring of love and support for Caylee and perhaps the Anthonys as well.

Will not be attending the memorial, but Caylee will be in my thoughts and prayers especially during this time.

If somebody will pay my way ... I'll go! :D

I'll take notes, pictures .. whatever you want!

BUT: I'm WAY up in New York State.

I'd go if I were in Florida ....

The Anthony's are paying for nothing that I am aware of. However CA still feels entitled to say who can and cannot come to Caylee's public memorial. It's in a church for cryin' out loud...since when has the church, any church, turned anyone away. That in itself is just wrong and I can't believe the Pastor's and elders are in agreement with this. Just exactly who does CA want to keep out?

In answer to the question in the poll, No I will not be attending and would not attend, even if I lived in the area.

The Anthony's are paying for nothing that I am aware of. However CA still feels entitled to say who can and cannot come to Caylee's public memorial. It's in a church for cryin' out loud...since when has the church, any church, turned anyone away. That in itself is just wrong and I can't believe the Pastor's and elders are in agreement with this. Just exactly who does CA want to keep out?

In answer to the question in the poll, No I will not be attending and would not attend, even if I lived in the area.

Many churches turn people away. You'd be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333