Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T I keep wondering WHY would she back her car in? They have a garage... she could have pulled her car in, shut the garage door and no one would have known what she was doing.
Could the car still have been running?

Not sure this has been brought up; cadaver dogs are different from tracking dogs. In most cases the animals are not trained for both functions. If the cadaver dog was also trained for tracking the fact that the body was probably transported there by car and then thrown or placed underwater would prevent the remains from being tracked, especially weeks after the initial dump.

I personally don't think any of the other Anthony's had anything to do with the body disposal, GA would never want the remains found if he was involved. Being ex LE he would have thought of a much better way and place to dispose of Caylee. No, I think this was purely KC's idiocy.

On the dogs...........not to mention the S&R dogs would not have a scent without an article of her clothing which the Anthonys would not give Tim & TES when they asked them for it.

It is doubtful they could have tracked it anyway with all the storms and the almost 3 months which elapsed since she was placed there. The cadaver dogs might could have picked up the scent, but it would have taken a boat to do it and after the 4 wheeler sunk in there, I guess they just gave that area up until the water receded.

On the dogs...........not to mention the S&R dogs would not have a scent without an article of her clothing which the Anthonys would not give Tim & TES when they asked them for it.

It is doubtful they could have tracked it anyway with all the storms and the almost 3 months which elapsed since she was placed there. The cadaver dogs might could have picked up the scent, but it would have taken a boat to do it and after the 4 wheeler sunk in there, I guess they just gave that area up until the water receded.
But what about after the hits in the backyard...could they have been used then in the neighborhood...oops nevermind...poor Caylee was in a car trunk.

O/T I keep wondering WHY would she back her car in? They have a garage... she could have pulled her car in, shut the garage door and no one would have known what she was doing.

Easier to load after coming from the back yard into the house and out the back door to the garage.

But what about after the hits in the backyard...could they have been used then in the neighborhood...oops nevermind...poor Caylee was in a car trunk.

They could have used those cadaver dogs, but they would have no idea besides the Anthonys yard where to look. The problem is those dogs don't track. That is why now, they are training a lot of S&R dogs to do cadaver work. (like mine) They can be told to search and then if they follow a trail, they can get the scent of the cadaver if it is there. There are not many cross trained like that yet though.

Oh Snap! Of all the theories I have read, this is THE ONE that would send LE haulin' azz back to the A's house. I would not have thought of this in a million years. Don't know if it is true but excellent thinking!!!!

That is an EXCELLENT thought .................a vacuum sealed bag in a garbage bag. What an idea.

Thanks for this thread, DesSands. I agree that it is very strange that the remains (possibly of Caylee) were found there down the street from the Anthony home now. Not only would the whole neighborhood have been searched by LE and others way back then, but also, way back in the beginning KMT even mentioned this particular part of the neighborhood to LE, didn't she, IIRC, it was in the interview that was released to the public. That was my first thought when I heard remains had been found there. Do I think LE wouldn't have looked there at the time? Or KMT herself? Or anyone else, any other member of the public when hundreds of people were searching? Surely the grounds would have been searched at that time.
In fact, weren't there reports about some things that were found in a search there way back, a piece of pipe or something, what was it? Now all this time later this bag is found, apparently sitting on the surface, visible to the utility guy who stepped off the street there to pee. Also, this is near a school grounds, not a secluded place where no one goes. Like nobody's dog would have come across this all this time? And like you say, reportedly a fence had been erected there in the meantime. So, this ground was walkable at least at times and people have been there. And there was the whole month before July 15 when it was still dry ground, right?

I know I'm not the only person who never understood why dogs (both tracking dogs for a live Caylee and cadaver dogs) were not used throughout the neighborhood, certainly in the home of the "shovel" neighbor to rule it out, and the neighborhood in general, etc. (Not to mention the other apartments and homes where KC had been staying, the homes and cars of people she'd been hanging out with, etc.) It would only have taken a short time, not a lot of funds, and could have helped rule places out early on. For this bag not to have been found there in the neighborhood early on is very surprising. Especially when the childhood friend mentioned the area of the school to LE in her interview so early on.

I have no idea if that bag had been there all six months or not, but I can tell you from my experiences with walking in the woods that lots of stuff is back in there, and I do not touch much of any of it without gloves(or I make my husband do it. The guy (I thought I read) either kicked it or picked it up, it is likely that other people saw it, and just passed it by as trash (that is a truly sad thought) My family goes out to do clean up sometimes in more isolated sections of woods that are beautiful, but sadly littered on, and I can tell you that much of that trash has been undisturbed for years. I now have freaked myself out about dead bodies and my sojourns in the woods...

Thanks for this thread, DesSands. I agree that it is very strange that the remains (possibly of Caylee) were found there down the street from the Anthony home now. Not only would the whole neighborhood have been searched by LE and others way back then, but also, way back in the beginning KMT even mentioned this particular part of the neighborhood to LE, didn't she, IIRC, it was in the interview that was released to the public. That was my first thought when I heard remains had been found there. Do I think LE wouldn't have looked there at the time? Or KMT herself? Or anyone else, any other member of the public when hundreds of people were searching? Surely the grounds would have been searched at that time.
In fact, weren't there reports about some things that were found in a search there way back, a piece of pipe or something, what was it? Now all this time later this bag is found, apparently sitting on the surface, visible to the utility guy who stepped off the street there to pee. Also, this is near a school grounds, not a secluded place where no one goes. Like nobody's dog would have come across this all this time? And like you say, reportedly a fence had been erected there in the meantime. So, this ground was walkable at least at times and people have been there. And there was the whole month before July 15 when it was still dry ground, right?

June got like 12 inches. We was just starting to dry up from a very wet June when Fay came through.

so if a piece of pipe there was findable, and whatever else it was they found there, why not this? I am interested to know when and why the fence was put up and exactly what area it enclosed.

I know I'm not the only person who never understood why dogs (both tracking dogs for a live Caylee and cadaver dogs) were not used throughout the neighborhood, certainly in the home of the "shovel" neighbor to rule it out, and the neighborhood in general, etc. (Not to mention the other apartments and homes where KC had been staying, the homes and cars of people she'd been hanging out with, etc.) It would only have taken a short time, not a lot of funds, and could have helped rule places out early on. For this bag not to have been found there in the neighborhood early on is very surprising. Especially when the childhood friend mentioned the area of the school to LE in her interview so early on.

Someone probably already said this, but what if the bag was buried, but the rain (which was significant), washed the surface dirt away, so that by the time things dried out the bag was no longer covered. I can see KC digging a shallow grave initially, believing she'd go back later to do a better job, but the flooding kept her from doing so.

I think Caylee was in the wheelwell when George went to get the car blocks from the trunk and KC didn't want him in the trunk. I think it spooked her so much that he came that close and when she left, she threw the bag in the first convenient, secluded place she came to and that was it. I think it was just done in a moment of panic and without any significance whatsoever to childhood hangout, etc. She just wanted that bag gone in a hurry. JMO

Originally Posted by SWAG1959 View Post
Hubby and I were talking about the vacuum cleaners being seized and why so quickly? He came up with something - could the body have been in yet another bag under the black garbage bag - one of those storage bags that you vacuum the air out of to shrink it down? I use those and they have the blue hole where you put the hose in to suck the air out. Just another thought......

Oh Snap! Of all the theories I have read, this is THE ONE that would send LE haulin' azz back to the A's house. I would not have thought of this in a million years. Don't know if it is true but excellent thinking!!!!

above snipped...

OR, maybe a wardrobe piece of luggage inside of the garbage bag or garbage bag inside of the wardrobe luggage? They are maybe trying to match the luggage to what is at the house? But they won't find it missing because she probably replaced the one she used with a new one - JC Penney purchase - remember?

if KC had actually killed Caylee and placed her there in a panic, she surely would have moved the body to a less findable location (during the month before Caylee was reported missing). I don't think KC would have any desire in the world to be trapped in a prison for the rest of her life, not to mention the potential for death penalty. Also, the style of disposal seems more like a different perpetrator to me, not that I can rule KC out entirely of course.
Just recently L Padilla and media were so sure Caylee was in the river at J Blanchard Park because supposedly KC had hung a beaded cross there matching beads at the home, they were SO sure.... now they are all "sure" she did this. I find very little in this case so far that I can be that sure about because so many questions just remained unanswered, my opinion only. And I do like Padilla by the way.

Originally Posted by SWAG1959 View Post
Hubby and I were talking about the vacuum cleaners being seized and why so quickly? He came up with something - could the body have been in yet another bag under the black garbage bag - one of those storage bags that you vacuum the air out of to shrink it down? I use those and they have the blue hole where you put the hose in to suck the air out. Just another thought......

above snipped...

OR, maybe a wardrobe piece of luggage inside of the garbage bag or garbage bag inside of the wardrobe luggage? They are maybe trying to match the luggage to what is at the house? But they won't find it missing because she probably replaced the one she used with a new one - JC Penney purchase - remember?

Just an fyi that Casey mentions a vacuum-type space bag to Amy when they are discussing the luggage for the upcoming PR vacation (see Casey/Amy text messages). So, one could assume Casey or the A family owned a space bag.

However, we have not heard of a space bag being found on the scene--just a black 'garbage' bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19