Argentina - Loan Peña, 5, went orange pick w/fam, shoe found, local police chief arrested, as well as others, Nueve de Julio, 13 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
STATEMENT GIVEN BY CARLOS PEREZ AT THE POLICE STATION

PEREZ -
Yes, my name is Carlos Guido Perez... he (Benitez?) offered us a lunch this one that he was going to that day, June 13th, on the occasion of the Saint that is San Antonio, of which she (Catalina) is a devotee and, in fact, has an altar in her house. So, well, when that date arrived, my wife, that day or the day before, told me - 'look, we have to go to lunch' that this Catalina invited us. Well, I am very used to accompanying my wife to all those types of meetings that she has, permanently, due to her activity, let's say, this one in the municipality itself, but apart from her personality of being an extremely friendly and highly appreciated person all over the world (!!), so they are basically inviting us to all types of events.

(break in video)

....that was why I went to that lunch, mainly to accompany my wife and most of the people didn't, the truth is that I met them there, in that moment (I think he's saying he hasn't met them before, because I believe at some point it was said).

(break in video)

....at that moment, we headed towards the truck and we were leaving (well that's a HUGE break in video!). Later, I found out that the aunt (Laudelina), at that moment, was that they were gathering tangerines. Apparently she received a call, supposedly from her husband. She (he?) asked about the child. He had arrived because apparently he had moved and it was no longer that they were ahead but that they had gone around to a place where there are also fruit trees of approximately 600 metres from that place. And the child who, during the meal, a couple of times he had come and gone, had special concern for the horse because apparently they had come with their dad on horseback since (on?) July 9 (Avenida 9 de Julio) and I remember that the boy came a couple of times 'dad the horse' was worried because the horse was loose. Well he was afraid, supposedly the boy was already coming this (way?) to meet the place where we were with the father and that is when the aunt (Laudelina) receives that call to confirm that she (he) had (hadn't?) arrived here. She (he) has not arrived yet.

Testimony of Carlos Perez:

We are the number one hypothesis. If there was kidnapping of a child for trafficking, we are the buyers. I honestly can't believe it, he said. He told the court that his wife had been invited to a family gathering that day organized by Catalina, Loan's grandmother, to celebrate Saint Anthony, of whom the woman is a devotee. "I am very used to accompanying my wife to all these types of meetings that she has permanently due to her activity in the municipality , but also because of her personality, of being an extremely friendly person and much appreciated by everyone ," he said.

Pérez said that he met most of the people who were at the lunch that day. We headed toward the truck because we were leaving. Later I found out that the aunt (Laudelina), was gathering tangerines, when apparently she received a call, supposedly from her husband, asking her about the child, if he had arrived.

After the call, Laudelina and Loan's father went to a nearby area to wait for him. However, he and his wife decided to leave. "At no time did we realize that the child was missing," he said.

Regarding the boy's behavior during lunch, Pérez recalled that Loan was worried because "he was especially concerned about the horse, since apparently he had come with his father on horseback from 9 de Julio and it was loose there."

I really hope Fernando Burlando turns out to be the hero of this story.

"The commissioner was in league with Caillava and Pérez, who were directly involved in the abduction. We do not exclude that Loan was held in the police station."

“There are certainly police officers who should be charged . Any police commissioner of Maciel’s characteristics cannot work alone in these types of situations. That is why we requested the guard book because no one had investigated who worked on the 13th and 14th. It seemed that anything goes and many things were not recorded in that book,” he explained.

Finally, he focused on the former commissioner, Walter Maciel: "Just as he planted false evidence, we are doing a particular job and we discovered that Maciel even took Loan's mattress. That complicates everything for us, finding his scent, his DNA and many things that clearly show that this was perfectly planned."
Hmmm Burlando appears to be loving all the attention. He can't stop smiling when he's being interviewed.

“What Macarena tells us is that Laudelina’s lawyer, José Fernández Codazzi, was the one who coerced her. What we understand is that Codazzi is a lawyer who is very close to the governor, so he would have some influence. We do not want to confirm anything, but it is possible that the lawyer will be called to testify as well. He is the same one who advised her to make another type of statement. Macarena told us that he was also the one who urged her to follow that version, something she refused to do. “Everyone will have their own statements to try to distance themselves from certain people who try to cover up what really happened,” Daniel Rubio said.

Similarly, and when asked if what Macarena Benítez said is related to human trafficking, he said: “What Macarena said has to do with human trafficking. We believe that, if she has valuable and relevant information, she should testify in the next few hours and that Justice can use that information to find Loan. That brings us a little closer,and it is very valuable that Macarena wanted to testify and did not let herself be intimidated.”

Finally, and recalling the role of Fernández Codazzi in this case, she explained: “Macarena is appearing before the court because she has received threats that she should testify otherwise. If she did not do so, perhaps her mother or her siblings could be harmed. When asked about who was the one who made the threats, she pointed the finger at Laudelina Peña’s lawyer, José Fernández Codazzi.”

Thing is, if Laudelina was co-erced then why are Cavillia and Perez refuting her claims?

She claimed they ran over Loan and they are saying they had no part in any of it. Maybe Fernando Burlando can represent Laudelina since she has a good lawsuit against her attorney now. And her attorney should also be arrested and lose his bar license. I suppose that lawyer will deny he advised them to make up the story about running Loan being over. Probably no proof here.

Just wanted to put some perspective on all the media claims. I think it's important to remember this story is being heavily sensationalized to fit with a certain narrative.

Highlights from a news report. Translated using youtube auto-translate.

The blood found on the fender of Perez's truck has been confirmed to be that of a male. This will now be compared with the saliva from Loan's parents.

Marcena and Camilla are being protected and staying at the same hotel. Burlando has hired a team of experts who specialize in human trafficking, all are due to arrive at Camilla and Marcena's hotel for a meeting with all the lawyers today.

The lawyers who spoke on behalf of Marcena have not been hired specifically by Marcena. They are present to safe-guard all Laudelina's children, who are also at the hotel. They are part of the Lucio Dupuy Foundation (just googled Lucio Dupuy and I'd advise not to, horrendous case of child abuse). They also claim they didn't definitively state that they thought Loan was alive, it was based more on their belief that he has been trafficked and therefore there's a good chance he could be.

None of the lawyers have specified where the bribe came from that Marcena claimed was made to Laudelina. They're working on the assumption that it could have come from Laudelina's lawyer as he drove her to Corrientes to give her statement.

None of the channels I've watched are entertaining the idea that Loan was part of any religious sacrifice.

Source

My head is spinning in circles with this case still. NO ONE seems credible enough for me to accept their scenario. So much hogwash that I don't have a clue what happened to that poor little guy.
Agreed. I still lean heavily towards human trafficking but until I hear from official sources I'm taking these witness statements with a pinch of salt.

If it is true that there are more corrupt police officers involved that are yet to be found out - it may explain the inconsistencies in stories as well as the wild circus with the media and different theories circulating.

It is easy enough for compromised police to miswrite statements, deliberately cause distractions and slow down an investigation from being properly carried out.

From Day 1 it seems one of the leading police officers had a hand in what has become a total mess since.

Also, it has been brought up further down the line about the likelihood of more police officers being involved and needing to be arrested so there must be a reason for such allegations.

Last edited:
This is a press release from the Federal Prosecutor's Office.

The search for Loan: studies are requested from the forensic laboratories of the province and the Federal Police for the detection and comparison of DNA samples

The measures are aimed at reconstructing the genetic profile of the boy who disappeared on June 13th from the clothes seized during the raid on the 9 de Julio police station and samples obtained from his relatives, as well as comparing a profile obtained from the Ford Ranger pickup truck that was inspected.

The head of the Federal Prosecutor's Office in Goya, Mariano de Guzmán, together with the Attorney General Marcelo Colombo and the Federal Prosecutor Alejandra Mángano, co-heads of the Office of the Prosecutor for Trafficking and Exploitation of Persons (PROTEX), today commissioned a joint analysis and comparison of the DNA profiles in the laboratories of the Forensic Medical Institute of the Superior Court of Justice (TSJ) of Corrientes and in the Chemical Legal Laboratory Division of the Federal Police (PFA), which come from different evidence measures that were assigned to those institutions within the framework of the investigation into the disappearance of the child Loan Danilo Peña.

Indeed, the PFA laboratory managed to sequence a mixed nuclear DNA profile corresponding to a male human being, which is suitable for comparison, based on the results of the study carried out on eight samples taken from the Ford Ranger vehicle - belonging to the accused Carlos Pérez and María Victoria Caillava - with a swab on the surfaces that had tested positive for the luminol test, which is used to detect blood stains.

However, the Public Prosecutor's Office reported that this result does not allow us to conclude that the origin of this DNA trace comes from a blood stain, or from a trace caused by contact or another type of fluid on the same surface.

In this context, the Forensic Medical Institute of the TSJ of Corrientes was required to carry out complementary analyses of that sample.

In addition, the extraction of a DNA profile of Loan Danilo Peña was also ordered, from the clothing items seized in the raid that took place on July 5 at the police station in the town of 9 de Julio and that had not been made available to the investigation carried out in the federal court, despite its intervention in the case since June 25.

This measure will seek to generate an indubitable profile of the child for possible analysis with new samples that may be obtained, as well as existing ones that complement the profile of his or her family group.

Also, from the Federal Prosecutor's Office

Laudelina Peña gave a statement and was arrested after the Public Prosecutor's Office charged her with the abduction and concealment of Loan, and for altering evidence in the case.

This Friday, witness statements were also received, a search was ordered at the police station in the town of 9 de Julio and genetic samples were taken from family members.

The Federal Court of Goya ordered the provisional detention of Laudelina Peña after taking her statement for her alleged participation in the abduction and concealment of her five-year-old nephew, Loan Danilo Peña, and in the alteration of evidence in the case.
The woman's summons to testify was arranged by the Public Prosecutor's Office and took place within the framework of a day in which a search was also ordered at the police station in that town, with the aim of gathering information or elements related to the case, and statements were taken from various witnesses in court.

With the intervention of the National Program for the Rescue and Support of Victims Affected by the Crime of Human Trafficking, which will continue to assist Loan's family, and the Forensic Medical Institute of the Judicial Branch of Corrientes, a procedure was also carried out today at the child's home, in which genetic samples were obtained from the family group.

The charge against Loan's aunt

The MPF, represented in the case by the federal prosecutor of Goya, Mariano de Guzmán, and the Office of the Prosecutor for Human Trafficking and Exploitation (PROTEX), had reiterated yesterday the request that Laudelina Peña be summoned to give a statement. In that presentation, the reasons were expanded.

In this regard, he explained that new evidence has been incorporated into the case that is crucial for the progress of the case, even outside of the statement made by the woman in the provincial court, and that places her as a person of special interest for the investigation, with a clear active role.

The prosecution reported that the evidence allows for establishing sufficient grounds to suspect that the conduct imputed to Peña corresponds, in principle, with his possible participation in a scheme to abduct and conceal the child Loan Peña, without losing sight of the fact that the alleged act could have occurred in a context of organized or complex crime, and as part of an assumption framed within a federal crime.​

What kind of religion ends in a child sacrifice? o_O
I took a course for my bachelor's on sacrifice. The Incans sacrificed, and some in south America, mostly small villages close to the mountains, still follow a loosely based socio-cultural lifestyle. Not that sacrifice is a part of modern interpretations, but there are always loose cannons in all cultures and regions who misinterpret their faith or culture. Are the Oranges the family business?

I took a course for my bachelor's on sacrifice. The Incans sacrificed, and some in south America, mostly small villages close to the mountains, still follow a loosely based socio-cultural lifestyle. Not that sacrifice is a part of modern interpretations, but there are always loose cannons in all cultures and regions who misinterpret their faith or culture.

Yes, loose cannons, I agree.
Are the Oranges the family business?
If I understood correctly, the orange field is right next to their home, I think across the road. . They also have an orange tree in their yard but the group allegedly walked to an adjacent farm to get to the orange trees.

This is a press release from the Federal Prosecutor's Office.

The search for Loan: studies are requested from the forensic laboratories of the province and the Federal Police for the detection and comparison of DNA samples

The measures are aimed at reconstructing the genetic profile of the boy who disappeared on June 13th from the clothes seized during the raid on the 9 de Julio police station and samples obtained from his relatives, as well as comparing a profile obtained from the Ford Ranger pickup truck that was inspected.

The head of the Federal Prosecutor's Office in Goya, Mariano de Guzmán, together with the Attorney General Marcelo Colombo and the Federal Prosecutor Alejandra Mángano, co-heads of the Office of the Prosecutor for Trafficking and Exploitation of Persons (PROTEX), today commissioned a joint analysis and comparison of the DNA profiles in the laboratories of the Forensic Medical Institute of the Superior Court of Justice (TSJ) of Corrientes and in the Chemical Legal Laboratory Division of the Federal Police (PFA), which come from different evidence measures that were assigned to those institutions within the framework of the investigation into the disappearance of the child Loan Danilo Peña.

Indeed, the PFA laboratory managed to sequence a mixed nuclear DNA profile corresponding to a male human being, which is suitable for comparison, based on the results of the study carried out on eight samples taken from the Ford Ranger vehicle - belonging to the accused Carlos Pérez and María Victoria Caillava - with a swab on the surfaces that had tested positive for the luminol test, which is used to detect blood stains.

However, the Public Prosecutor's Office reported that this result does not allow us to conclude that the origin of this DNA trace comes from a blood stain, or from a trace caused by contact or another type of fluid on the same surface.

In this context, the Forensic Medical Institute of the TSJ of Corrientes was required to carry out complementary analyses of that sample.

In addition, the extraction of a DNA profile of Loan Danilo Peña was also ordered, from the clothing items seized in the raid that took place on July 5 at the police station in the town of 9 de Julio and that had not been made available to the investigation carried out in the federal court, despite its intervention in the case since June 25.

This measure will seek to generate an indubitable profile of the child for possible analysis with new samples that may be obtained, as well as existing ones that complement the profile of his or her family group.

"Indeed, the PFA laboratory managed to sequence a mixed nuclear DNA profile corresponding to a male human being, which is suitable for comparison, based on the results of the study carried out on eight samples taken from the Ford Ranger vehicle - belonging to the accused Carlos Pérez and María Victoria Caillava - with a swab on the surfaces that had tested positive for the luminol test, which is used to detect blood stains.

In this context, the Forensic Medical Institute of the TSJ of Corrientes was required to carry out complementary analyses of that sample."

OKAY, color me confused....are they saying [bbm] the result of the DNA profile found on the Ford Ranger is NOT Loan's?
OR that the blood samples are not adequate somehow?

Yes, loose cannons, I agree.

If I understood correctly, the orange field is right next to their home, I think across the road. . They also have an orange tree in their yard but the group allegedly walked to an adjacent farm to get to the orange trees.
If it does have anything to do with sacrifice, I will lean towards it being for the harvest.

ETA: This is one of the case studies I studied,
Children of Llullaillaco - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Also, from the Federal Prosecutor's Office

Laudelina Peña gave a statement and was arrested after the Public Prosecutor's Office charged her with the abduction and concealment of Loan, and for altering evidence in the case.

This Friday, witness statements were also received, a search was ordered at the police station in the town of 9 de Julio and genetic samples were taken from family members.

The Federal Court of Goya ordered the provisional detention of Laudelina Peña after taking her statement for her alleged participation in the abduction and concealment of her five-year-old nephew, Loan Danilo Peña, and in the alteration of evidence in the case.
The woman's summons to testify was arranged by the Public Prosecutor's Office and took place within the framework of a day in which a search was also ordered at the police station in that town, with the aim of gathering information or elements related to the case, and statements were taken from various witnesses in court.

With the intervention of the National Program for the Rescue and Support of Victims Affected by the Crime of Human Trafficking, which will continue to assist Loan's family, and the Forensic Medical Institute of the Judicial Branch of Corrientes, a procedure was also carried out today at the child's home, in which genetic samples were obtained from the family group.

The charge against Loan's aunt

The MPF, represented in the case by the federal prosecutor of Goya, Mariano de Guzmán, and the Office of the Prosecutor for Human Trafficking and Exploitation (PROTEX), had reiterated yesterday the request that Laudelina Peña be summoned to give a statement. In that presentation, the reasons were expanded.

In this regard, he explained that new evidence has been incorporated into the case that is crucial for the progress of the case, even outside of the statement made by the woman in the provincial court, and that places her as a person of special interest for the investigation, with a clear active role.

The prosecution reported that the evidence allows for establishing sufficient grounds to suspect that the conduct imputed to Peña corresponds, in principle, with his possible participation in a scheme to abduct and conceal the child Loan Peña, without losing sight of the fact that the alleged act could have occurred in a context of organized or complex crime, and as part of an assumption framed within a federal crime.​

This is so confusing because didn't they say at one point that Laudelina was a witness being protected for her testimony? And now she is a prime suspect?

Or do I have that all wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back