Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, I missed that about him driving nearly nearly 140 MPH and having a kid in the car and drinking!!! And, someone mentioned him stealing beer?!!! So, he's a sociopath, imo. Rules don't apply to him and he has no consideration for anyone else. A dangerous man who hit the lottery when he found a woman who is actually an MD (*shudder*) to support his worthless deadbeat waste of skin *advertiser censored**.
I missed it too. His wife KNEW he had a problem and let him drive with their children in the car.

The documents also show more text conversations between Erika and Chris. On March 11 in one message Erika writes:

“You haven’t shown you can stop putting the girls in danger or treating me badly. Even yesterday you drove home drunk with two minors. You drink to excess every time. I have been asking for three years for you to cut back but it's actually gotten worse.”

On March 21st she wrote: “Why were you going 138 with our baby in the car with alcohol in your system?

Chris responded: “You hate me. She was sleeping it’s fine.”

Noticeably absent in court was Scholtes’ wife, Erika, who previously appeared and urged the judge to free her husband.

I had wondered if ES showed up for the latest hearing since the video after only showed Christopher and his attorneys.

It doesn’t necessarily mean she’s bailing on him but at the same time she wasn’t there to fight for his release in case the judge ruled to hold him.

She may have her hands full keeping her husband alcohol free until his next hearing. I sure hope she’s taken away his car keys too but I won’t count on it.
MOO

ES Absent from Hearing?
Noticeably absent in court was Scholtes’ wife, Erika, who previously appeared and urged the judge to free her husband.

I had wondered if ES showed up for the latest hearing since the video after only showed Christopher and his attorneys.
It doesn’t necessarily mean she’s bailing on him but at the same time she wasn’t there to fight for his release in case the judge ruled to hold him.

She may have her hands full keeping her husband alcohol free until his next hearing. I sure hope she’s taken away his car keys too but I won’t count on it.
MOO
@MsMarple Interesting point. Yes, ES spoke at hearing on lesser charges.

If she had attended this hearing, I wonder if she would have been permitted to address the court. Seems the gist her argument would have been similiar to her prior stmt.

W. M-1 allegations about shoplifting beer, plus previous ones about car-as-parenting-restraining device & its frequency, etc., IDK how ES (or anyone) could keep a straight face while repeating the Pillar of the Community line.

And btwn the hearings, MSM & soc media highlighted CS' history w child custody & support issues w his dau from earlier relationship, which certainly was NOT his FINEST HOUR.
Sadly, it appears all that daughter-centric wrangling was Not his WORST HOUR.
imo

I missed it too. His wife KNEW he had a problem and let him drive with their children in the car.

The documents also show more
Snipped
Chris responded: “You hate me. She was sleeping it’s fine.”

"she was sleeping it’s fine" sounds like an answer he would give to excuse leaving a baby in his car, as well. Maybe that was a standard response from him.

Am I the only one that didn't see ANY tears during that shameful flopping-down-on-the-floor production? That awful, high-pitched whine/cry, but no tears.

Also, his casual demeanor at the table, speaking with the officer. Kicked back in the chair, just talking like they're discussing last night's game. Medics are literally working on his child in the next room and he's not even bothered.

As a mother, the medics would have to give me an elbow in the jaw to get me out of the way - especially if I were a physician or a SAHD. Either way.

Their weird texts ... I feel like, with her giving specific details and timelines, they're working on a defense to have him set up as "not responsible" since he drinks; they will likely bring in the gaming as an addiction; his reckless speeding behavior along with stealing beer.

A few years back, we had a county judge (family court judge, to boot) leave his toddler in the car for several hours and the toddler died. He'd been playing golf and wasn't used to having to pick the kid up so didn't think about it when he got home and grabbed his clubs. Guess what happened to him? He was back on the bench after a short time off to grieve. To judge other families for their mistakes/poor judgment.

I wonder if there is a history of multi-generational alcohol dependency (and perhaps other drugs too) in both parents families? The wife might be an enabler, if she's grown up in a family with an alcoholic parent, she may just do the same as she's familiar with from her childhood.

ES Text re CS & 138? Screen Shot?

@renah I cannot imagine driving 138 MpH (on 'regular' st in nin-race car) either and got into discussion about whether ES' 138 text may might have referred to KMpH. Or maybe CS told her he "drove 138" just to aggravate her.

Re existence of 138 as highway or route number, ie Route 138?

Doing quick searches on a few maps online ---
- I did NOT find Rte 138 or Hwy 138;
- I found some numbered streets (e. g., N. Sixth Ave) but none going out as far as 138 would likely be.

Tho trying w a couple diff. maps, I could have overlooked it.
Maybe someone else is familiar w metro Tucson streets IRL?

I looked for exact wording from screen shot of text or in LE report. No luck
Anyone?
AZ does not have a state route numbered 138, nor does it have a numbered county highway system like some states do.
Addresses in Marana do go up to 13800, however.
Be that as it may, I would go with speed (138 mph, BTW 138 km/h = 86 mph).

IDK how ES (or anyone) could keep a straight face while repeating the Pillar of the Community line.

Maybe he’s actually a Pillar of the Community but not the one she’s implying.

Pillar of Murderous Dads Community?
Pillar of Men Who Neglect Their Children Community? Pillar of Reckless Men Community?

Am I the only one that didn't see ANY tears during that shameful flopping-down-on-the-floor production? That awful, high-pitched whine/cry, but no tears.

Also, his casual demeanor at the table, speaking with the officer. Kicked back in the chair, just talking like they're discussing last night's game. Medics are literally working on his child in the next room and he's not even bothered.

As a mother, the medics would have to give me an elbow in the jaw to get me out of the way - especially if I were a physician or a SAHD. Either way.

Their weird texts ... I feel like, with her giving specific details and timelines, they're working on a defense to have him set up as "not responsible" since he drinks; they will likely bring in the gaming as an addiction; his reckless speeding behavior along with stealing beer.

A few years back, we had a county judge (family court judge, to boot) leave his toddler in the car for several hours and the toddler died. He'd been playing golf and wasn't used to having to pick the kid up so didn't think about it when he got home and grabbed his clubs. Guess what happened to him? He was back on the bench after a short time off to grieve. To judge other families for their mistakes/poor judgment.
This is such an unusual case! We have a father who intentionally and habitually left his children in the car while he treated himself to a break and maybe a couple cold ones.

However, when mother arrived home the reports indicate that for a short period the parents searched the house for Parker before running out to the car. Dad lied to police when he claimed he had checked on her but he also seems to be claiming he forgot she was still in the car.

IMO his wife must believe he honestly forgot about Parker based on her anger at police when they came to arrest Christopher.

But it was the Grand Jury who indicted him for first degree murder, which IMO signals how this community feels about his behavior.

If he doesn’t cop a plea deal it’ll be interesting to see what defense his lawyers plan to present.
MOO

Yeah I found CS statements to LE the day of Parker's death confusing. first lied about length of time left in car, fudging by about an hour. Then appears to suggest that he went out to "check on her" at some point that afternoon and reports the car was "still running" and that Parker was "still sleeping"

so he didn't just go in, put food away jump on his game and distracted. He went out at least one time to check on her per his own statements.

But I'm pretty sure I read that the neighbor's video footage shows him enter the house, leaving P in the car, and is not seen again exiting the residence until ES comes home.

ETA link
Police said the security camera footage never showed Scholtes return to the vehicle after arriving home just before 1 p.m. and when his daughter was found unresponsive.
Arrest records show Marana dad habitually left children in vehicle before toddler died

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back