Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mandated reporter definitions vary significantly from state to state. In some states all adults are mandatory reporters. Also technically we do not know if ES reported anything prior to PS’s death. As a physician mom who has reported non patient (and in my case also non spouse or relative) reports and watched CPS presumably screen it out multiple times until the unthinkable happened, CPS doesn’t always intervene appropriately.

Respect for your position.

In my state, NY, as a teacher I was a mandated reporter. Anytime, I mean anytime at all that a child told us or wrote in an essay something that suggested harm, it was my duty to report it.

It was not my duty to investigate it, but we all had to have a documented trail of the child’s allegations and steps we took to report… to the guidance counselor, the principal etc.

My students were 8th graders and could speak for themselves, unlike a younger child.

Since the mother here knew CS was habitually endangering his daughters, I wonder if she took steps, concrete steps, to report it to LE or court. There would be a paper trail.

IMO the evidence suggests she did not. She scolded him, uselessly.

If she wasn’t mandated as an Arizona physician, IMO the law of being a mother should’ve made her desperate to get the children out of danger.

JMO

Last edited:
Respect for your position.

In my state, NY, as a teacher I was a mandated reporter. Anytime, I mean anytime at all that a child told us or wrote in an essay something that suggested harm, it was my duty to report it.

It was not my duty to investigate it, but we all had to have a documented trail of the child’s allegations and steps we took to report… to the guidance counselor, the principal etc.

My students were 8th graders and could speak for themselves, unlike a younger child.

Since the mother here knew CS was habitually endangering his daughters, I wonder if she took steps, concrete steps, to report it to LE or court. There would be a paper trail.

IMO the evidence suggests she did not. She scolded him, uselessly.

If she wasn’t mandated as an Arizona physician, IMO the law of being a mother should’ve made her desperate to get the children out of danger.

JMO
We do know that she advocated forcefully at the bond hearing for him to be returned to the home. (Video linked in 1st thread). It was also reported in prior thread that the 5 and 9 year olds were told by both parents what to say to LE - CS is good dad, accident, etc. It's witness tampering but no one in authority has acted. JMOOO.

I missed it too. His wife KNEW he had a problem and let him drive with their children in the car.

The documents also show more text conversations between Erika and Chris. On March 11 in one message Erika writes:

“You haven’t shown you can stop putting the girls in danger or treating me badly. Even yesterday you drove home drunk with two minors. You drink to excess every time. I have been asking for three years for you to cut back but it's actually gotten worse.”

On March 21st she wrote: “Why were you going 138 with our baby in the car with alcohol in your system?

Chris responded: “You hate me. She was sleeping it’s fine.”

I know that sociopaths (ASPD) can often be very charming, which is how they get away with their manipulation, but I see NOTHING remotely charming or attractive in that a-hole and Dr Mom is very good looking. We know she's dysfunctional but, man, that guy is such an unattractive loser. Maybe her father was an abusive alcoholic enabled by her mother. Something is sure wrong with her.

ES Absent from Hearing?

@MsMarple Interesting point. Yes, ES spoke at hearing on lesser charges.

If she had attended this hearing, I wonder if she would have been permitted to address the court. Seems the gist her argument would have been similiar to her prior stmt.

W. M-1 allegations about shoplifting beer, plus previous ones about car-as-parenting-restraining device & its frequency, etc., IDK how ES (or anyone) could keep a straight face while repeating the Pillar of the Community line.

And btwn the hearings, MSM & soc media highlighted CS' history w child custody & support issues w his dau from earlier relationship, which certainly was NOT his FINEST HOUR.
Sadly, it appears all that daughter-centric wrangling was Not his WORST HOUR.
imo
double post

Last edited:
ES Absent from Hearing?

@MsMarple Interesting point. Yes, ES spoke at hearing on lesser charges.

If she had attended this hearing, I wonder if she would have been permitted to address the court. Seems the gist her argument would have been similiar to her prior stmt.

W. M-1 allegations about shoplifting beer, plus previous ones about car-as-parenting-restraining device & its frequency, etc., IDK how ES (or anyone) could keep a straight face while repeating the Pillar of the Community line.

And btwn the hearings, MSM & soc media highlighted CS' history w child custody & support issues w his dau from earlier relationship, which certainly was NOT his FINEST HOUR.
Sadly, it appears all that daughter-centric wrangling was Not his WORST HOUR.
imo
Dr Mom is a big fat liar, on top of everything else.

Yep, you’re correct. Video recovered shows him arriving home at 12:53, not around 2:30 or 2:45.

He said he checked on her but video verified that no one went near the car until the parents ran out to find Parker after 4 pm.

I wonder if he was unaware that his driveway could be seen on neighborhood cameras. It seems like he was willing to lie through his teeth in order to get away with killing his daughter.

I find it disgusting and disturbing that his immediate response was to concoct a big fat lie - while emts were in his house desperately trying to save his child!
MOO

The guy is a total P - O - S and Dr Mom isn't much better.

What I read, possibly in Daily Mail, was the ‘How many times’ was in route to the hospital & ‘We’ve lost her’ was after arriving at the ER. It didn’t have any times though. It would be easy to estimate by using the arrival of 1st responders - length of time they stayed at the house & the TOD. They took her to Banner which is pretty close to where they live. I think it was obvious to all of the EMTs that they were not getting Parker back as soon as they took her temperature. But she’s a baby, they will still try. I don’t know if they would’ve continued trying at the ER.

If Mom overheard CS telling LE they both leave the kids in the car I think you could be right. She may have serious issues with CS, but she’s no fool. She’s not going to jail for anyone.
I wish she would be charged with child neglect. She knew all of this stuff was going on and enabled it by enabling him. Probably won't happen, though.

BTW, was the other woman in the video her mother?

We do know that she advocated forcefully at the bond hearing for him to be returned to the home. (Video linked in 1st thread). It was also reported in prior thread that the 5 and 9 year olds were told by both parents what to say to LE - CS is good dad, accident, etc. It's witness tampering but no one in authority has acted. JMOOO.
His 16 year old is going to sink his worthless behind. Maybe Erika's, too.

I found it disturbing when the mother was trying to make the kids kiss and hug daddy goodbye as LE was arresting him.

She played it off as “show daddy we will miss him”, but it was effectively forcing them to feel guilt and see the results of their truthful statements to LE. An emotionally manipulative move, and so very unfair to those young kids who were already traumatized by the loss of their sister and having to “tell on daddy” to police.

jmo

I found it disturbing when the mother was trying to make the kids kiss and hug daddy goodbye as LE was arresting him.

She played it off as “show daddy we will miss him”, but it was effectively forcing them to feel guilt and see the results of their truthful statements to LE. An emotionally manipulative move, and so very unfair to those young kids who were already traumatized by the loss of their sister and having to “tell on daddy” to police.

jmo
I'm not a real fan of either of the Scholtes and my heart goes out to the 2 little girls and their big sister. The emotional duress they are under combined with genuine safety fears would break down an adult, never mind a little kid. JMOOO.

jmo
I didn't see that. It's disgusting. She's creating some kind of false existence or narrative of everyone loving and adoring daddy, making him the real victim in the death of his daughter. Yikes! What a loon this woman is.

I hope that he doesn't get off lightly for this. Especially with his history with his older child. Its just apalling to leave a child in the car for that long - to do what? Play video games! Are you kidding me - its clearly habitual and totally beyond any care for your child.
Where is the coverage that suggests he will be treated midly?

I must admit I noticed he was only really distraught and falling to the floor when he was arrested and I couldn't really detect much emotion from the mother in the footage or text exchanges. She sounded annoyed like 'how many times have I told you to be on time to pick up the kids' type thing - not for actually causing the death of their child by roasting in the car. Apologies for upsetting anyone by this wording. But really texts wording doesn't seem to reflect the horror of the situation at all.

Interesting statistics on "hot car deaths". 50% of the cases result in charges. Cases have gone up since 1990. More boys than girls die in hot car deaths.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back