Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When is his trial?

I don't know, but based on the evidence, and potential affect on his wife's career, outlay of money for attorneys for a trial, he may want to stall for awhile then quietly negotiate a plea deal. Maybe the faster the better.

I don't see any jury or even bench trial, if available, is going to feel sympathy for a Father who deliberately left a toddler in a car in Arizona heat. Even if he thought that the car wouldn't turn off.

I don't know, but based on the evidence, and potential affect on his wife's career, outlay of money for attorneys for a trial, he may want to stall for awhile then quietly negotiate a plea deal. Maybe the faster the better.

I don't see any jury or even bench trial, if available, is going to feel sympathy for a Father who deliberately left a toddler in a car in Arizona heat. Even if he thought that the car wouldn't turn off.
He told LE that he DID KNOW it would turn off from past experience.

that was the issue I ran into as well. no record of his criminal case, even when I searched using that case number. Only the traffic ticket popped.
Was the case on there before? I recall you had posted specifics about the arraignment date, so thinking you had seen it on the docket maybe?

I don’t like this.

Was the case on there before? I recall you had posted specifics about the arraignment date, so thinking you had seen it on the docket maybe?

I don’t like this.
I don't think I have accessed the court site or tried until the other day and got the same goose egg you did. My updates on the case so far have been gleaned from MSM articles.

I believe the crime happened in Pima County (although small parts of the city of Marana are in the neighboring county of Pinal) and the case number is Case: CR20242725. But I cannot locate it on the docket. frustrating

I don't think I have accessed the court site or tried until the other day and got the same goose egg you did. My updates on the case so far have been gleaned from MSM articles.

I believe the crime happened in Pima County (although small parts of the city of Marana are in the neighboring county of Pinal) and the case number is Case: CR20242725. But I cannot locate it on the docket. frustrating
The Court calendar has one showing as [ Restricted Name ] on 10/11/24. Different case number, though.

Hmmmmm

I wonder if the original number has been changed? When he has hit with additional charges shortly before his arraignment could that have caused the issuance of a new case number and the old one closed?

I wonder if the original number has been changed? When he has hit with additional charges shortly before his arraignment could that have caused the issuance of a new case number and the old one closed?
I am thinking that too.

IF the case number with the restricted name is that of CS, then I am trying to figure out the three entries on the calendar you linked. it is apparently a Donald hearing (a hearing to advise defendant of a plea offer and what it means), a plea hearing, and then a pretrial hearing (maybe in case defendant does not take the offered plea)?? Does that sound right? I hope this isn't CS's case. I don't want him to get some cushy plea bargain. JMO

1728072649580.png

IF the case number with the restricted name is that of CS, then I am trying to figure out the three entries on the calendar you linked. it is apparently a Donald hearing (a hearing to advise defendant of a plea offer and what it means), a plea hearing, and then a pretrial hearing (maybe in case defendant does not take the offered plea)?? Does that sound right? I hope this isn't CS's case. I don't want him to get some cushy plea bargain. JMO

View attachment 535403
Oh, good thinking @ticya
Well, whoever it is was able to get their identity restricted, so a cushy plea deal doesn’t seem out of the question. It’s also not been in MSM lately, soooooo..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH
Back