Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To me, it sounds like she is either the sole provider or primary income and if he’s not home to watch the children… how will she go to work? MOO

If my thought is true, then wow, I’m just jaw dropped about that thought process. I wouldn’t want him around the other children… especially alone, ever again. I’m not sure I’m getting maternal vibes from her but that’s just MOO and subject to change
She has taken a leave and part of the release order is he can't be alone with children. Her affect was curious.

He did say they both routinely did this. She might realize she was just luckier than him.

Wouldn’t his bail conditions keep this from happening? I’d think they would have to have someone else watching the kids regardless?
He could also be lying, he lied about a lot of other facts and her texts re: objecting to him doing so are part of the court record. More will come out on this point I'm sure.

Smh.
He wasn't taking care of any of the children at all.
Makes me furious.
I'm assuming they had the means to hire a nanny or sitter -- so why not do just that ?
This death was so preventable.
They had 2 luxury vehicles and travelled internationally per SM, so, presumably, yes. I am also baffled. It's just common sense for caregivers to get breaks if possible, so they don't take a 3 hour gaming break midday w/o coverage. RIP Parker.

Wow. This new info that was just released is mind-blowing to me. She had warned him via text not to do that anymore, including THAT day after she left for work?

This is absolutely the father's fault, however the mother clearly knew this was an on-going issue and that he was still doing it, despite her warnings. And yet, she continued to let him be the sole carer for the children.

Kind of makes one wonder why daycare, a professional nanny, or even a teenager off of school for summer break wasn't hired to either help out at home or be solely responsible for the children's care. They don't seem to be struggling financially, even with being a one income household. And he also has a degree (in biochemistry) He clearly wasn't enjoying being soley responsible for the children's care.
I think her text was on the way to the hospital with the deceased child, not when she left for work. He responds "Sorry, babe!" The texts are part of the court record. No idea why there was not at least PT childcare in place. I'd be checking in via camera and counting heads when not in OR if I were her. It makes little sense. Unless SAHD was meant as a fig leaf to cover other issues re: him, perhaps?

Things may change as more information comes out but currently it sounds like the dad isn’t denying he left his daughter in the car on purpose but at the same time is claiming some sort of memory lapse about leaving her for an extended period.

He told police he arrived home about 2:45, which isn’t true. He told police he checked on the girl, which isn’t true. When his wife arrived home it took a few minutes for him to “remember” the girl was still in the car.

IOW will he claim he became distracted by putting the food away and attending to the other kids? Will he claim to have had a clear (false) memory of bringing his daughter inside after 30 minutes?

Will his attorney seek a plea deal with lowered charges, claiming this “pillar of the community” had a memory lapse that day?

I guess it won’t matter as long as he pays with jail time and doesn’t skate with probation.
All MOO

Pillar of community. I've tried putting myself in the community, how I, as neighbor, friend, would react to Christopher, or Erika, at neighborhood watch meetings, potlucks, whatever. I don't think I'd be able to cover up my true feelings upon running into him. I would be stiff, fake, if faced with him. It would be different if just her, but not if she started covering for him. And the poor kids? In for years of peers seeing online accounts, and this being used to bully, snicker or to just avoid them.

Imo

She has taken a leave and part of the release order is he can't be alone with children. Her affect was curious.
Her affect was odd, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt as she likely was (and still is) in shock. I'm sure life is a complete blur and burden right now and all she can do is remember to breathe and take one minute at a time.

jmo

Last edited:
“I told you to stop leaving them in the car,” Erika Scholtes, an anesthesiologist, scolded her husband in text messages after the July 9 tragedy, the outlet reported.

“How many times have I told you?”
[snip]
“This was a big mistake doesn’t represent him,” Erika Scholtes said. “I just want the girls to see their father — that I don’t have to tell them tonight that they’re going to have to endure another loss.”

Arizona dad ‘distracted’ by PlayStation while daughter, 2, died in hot car

the two quotes from Parker's mother are in direct conflict with one another IMO. I do understand she also must worry about her older daughters and how they are processing this tragedy. But that mistake comment bothers me. a lot.

Man, that is just a gut punch. That man will never recover. So many people are self-absorbed and worry about their own needs. Luckily, not all of those people become responsible for the death of their child. I can't even imagine what the man is going through.
"Sorry babe!" is a curious reaction.

That doesn't look like a huge home that essentially has a separate living quarters he could use ( ie a mother-in-law place)

How is he going to avoid the other two children if he is still at home? Confine himself to an extra bedroom? Sit and watch TV all day and skulk about the kitchen at night? Does he get a car to drive? Can he go to stay with someone else?

Her affect was odd, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt as she likely was (and still is) in shock. I'm sure life is a complete blur and burden right now and all she can do is remember to breath and take one minute at a time.

jmo
Imagine having your baby arriving, deceased, under the circumstances of hot car death....in the exact place you work every day as a professional health care provider. She probably knows every DR. in the ER. So I have sympathy for that aspect as well as for losing her baby. But he's got to take responsibility, no "babe" this or that. She can't be covering for him, pretending it was just a freak accident or mistake when obviously his careless behavior towards the kids' safety had been right in the middle of their marriage.

Last edited:
I agree. Interesting point about the car.

I have a hunch he thought using the car as a locked crib was a brilliant way to streamline the job of taking care of kids.

If the little one didn't die in the car that day, he would've done the same thing again.

jmo
He did not want his Play Station time interrupted. Will be curious to see what the forensics on the seized glass reveal. He has a long ago DUI. The release terms prohibit drugs or alcohol, as well as being alone with kids. Don't know if the first 2 are standard in AZ or specific to him?

He did not want his Play Station time interrupted. Will be curious to see what the forensics on the seized glass reveal. He has a long ago DUI. The release terms prohibit drugs or alcohol, as well as being alone with kids. Don't know if the first 2 are standard in AZ or specific to him?
I believe the release terms also prohibit firearms.

Bbm.
What a flippant reply. :mad:
Also shows he'd done this regularly.
Awful, awful, awful.
Their baby girl is dead.
Omo.
I get a sense of hostility toward his wife, being so flippant, then trying to smear her as being just as bad leaving kids in car, which is counter to her text. History of texts will be important, he's lying or she was attempting to cya. Both can't be true. If he was remorseful, I don't think he'd be throwing mud at the remaining parent of his alive children. JMOO.

No firearms may be standard, not sure about drugs and alcohol.

Some questions without answers:

- Has he been a SAHD for 9 years? Because by child #3, you should understand the constant attention (ETA: Not every minute but not completely ignoring for hours) they need to thrive, but he was literally not engaging actively with a 2, 5, and 9-year-old for 3 hours in the middle of the day.

- How often did he leave children sleeping in a locked car? How often for multiple hours like this?

- Was this the very first time he left a child in the car in the driveway instead of in the garage?

- When his wife came home and he started looking for the youngest in the house, was that an act/fake, while he tried to figure out how to admit she was in the car? Or did he truly believe she was in the house?

- How did he react when she was pulled from the car and his wife was performing CPR?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back