Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That ^^ is what I expect it was like, standard operating procedure, and the kids were used to it. I feel for the girls who likely had to "tell on" what their dad did that day. :(

jmo
It looks like they don't have to be afraid of him any more. We don't know what their mother is like in any of these departments.

Her affect was odd, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt as she likely was (and still is) in shock. I'm sure life is a complete blur and burden right now and all she can do is remember to breathe and take one minute at a time.

jmo
JMO - Anesthesiologists are trained to remain cool, calm and in control while all hell is breaking loose around them. They are often the ones taking charge during a code blue or other emergency. They can get intravenous access, intubate a patient, perform all kinds of heroic medical procedures where other lower medical life-forms have failed. They also have access to ALL the drugs, and know exactly how much to give you to make you go to sleep, or stay awake but become relaxed and comfortable.

I'm sure mom knew just the right medications and doses to give herself so that she could stay awake and talk rationally to the judge without falling apart emotionally.

Purely my opinion only.

Fundraiser?

sbm @NuttMegg
Thx for your post mentioning a fundraiser which was mentioned on another site, which said it was organized by a fam friend.

When I clicked link to go to The Granddaddy of Fundraising Sites, I could not see fundraiser info or page for "Parker Scholtes." It said "donations paused."
Personally drawing no conclusions one way or any other.
The fundraiser through a commercial fundraising site was organized by the mother’s colleagues (possibly without her knowledge). A link was shared in another group and multiple fellow physicians laid shame. Shortly after that the fundraiser was paused my guess is that either the mom requested that or the physician who started it got sick of hearing people complain (and probably realized that was anything but helpful for her colleague) or some combination of the above.

I would really encourage everyone to remember that ES is a victim. She lost her daughter and until there is evidence of her culpability perhaps we should channel compassion, grace, and kindness.

The fundraiser through a commercial fundraising site was organized by the mother’s colleagues (possibly without her knowledge). A link was shared in another group and multiple fellow physicians laid shame. Shortly after that the fundraiser was paused my guess is that either the mom requested that or the physician who started it got sick of hearing people complain (and probably realized that was anything but helpful for her colleague) or some combination of the above.

I would really encourage everyone to remember that ES is a victim. She lost her daughter and until there is evidence of her culpability perhaps we should channel compassion, grace, and kindness.
@Curiosum
TYVM for the explanation re fundraiser.
Seems likely that the organizer was well intentioned.

As my post said on that subject: "Personally drawing no conclusions one way or any other."

Has anyone seen an OBITUARY for the toddler, perhaps in a newspaper local to family or in an online tribute in soc media page/account?

A link pls, if handy?

ETA: IIRC, per one of the MSM articles, in the ct. hearing (wasn't that on Fri?) Mother said mentioned planning the funeral to be held on Saturday.
I’ve been watching everyday for an obit and haven’t found one yet. I’ll keep looking. Someone started a Fund Me page that the site has closed down.

I’m having such a hard time with this one. It has been hotter than Hades here. We were buying a car in Marana on 7/9. I told my hubs he was going to have to go without me, it was just too hot. I usually have nothing but compassion for the family of the baby deaths in a hot car, but good-grief! It has been running 110* to 115*! It’s hot in the car even with the AC blasting! While I don’t think this was deliberate, it was such a horrible case of neglect! How can you forget about your 2 year old for 3 hours! I guess he figured she had her iPad to keep her company if she woke up!

I think his lies about the length of time she was in the car and claims he & his wife both leave their kids in the car, are going to bite him in the butt in a trial. Her text messages are spot on. His reply sounds pathetic.

Last edited:
How can you forget about your 2 year old for 3 hours! I guess he figured she had her iPad to keep her company if she woke up!

I don't think he figured anything about the iPad. I think he just plain forgot she was out there at all :(. He got immersed in something else.

ETA: He was inside in the a/c. How hot it was outside probably wasn't even on his mind.

MOO IMO

I don't think he figured anything about the iPad. I think he just plain forgot she was out there at all :(. He got immersed in something else.

ETA: He was inside in the a/c. How hot it was outside probably wasn't even on his mind.

MOO IMO
I don't have any small kids to keep an eye on. But I have an older pup. I know where she is at all times, kind of like an automatic radar, just that I am aware when she goes out to pee, when she disappears for a few minutes it's like hearing the kids go silent, you know they're up to something. It's not as though I lose my concentration on my hobbies, my chores, my reading, my gardening. Just that when you love someone, or some furbaby they are just part of you, an extension, it feels like part of my body is missing if she wanders away. I can't imagine losing track of my pup for 3 minutes.

Three hours?

I don't have any small kids to keep an eye on. But I have an older pup. I know where she is at all times, kind of like an automatic radar, just that I am aware when she goes out to pee, when she disappears for a few minutes it's like hearing the kids go silent, you know they're up to something. It's not as though I lose my concentration on my hobbies, my chores, my reading, my gardening. Just that when you love someone, or some furbaby they are just part of you, an extension, it feels like part of my body is missing if she wanders away. I can't imagine losing track of my pup for 3 minutes.

Three hours?
We are all different and have different levels of things on our minds. And different cognitive abilities. In the last month I’ve accidentally lost track of not only my own dogs but a dog I was sitting. And I loooovvve these dogs and have never done that before. And when my kids were little I accidentally left one of them in the car for ten minutes after grocery shopping and the other one snuck out of the house during nap time!

I don’t have warm, fuzzy feelings about this guy at all. But I really do think he totally forgot (for whatever reason) and it wasn’t a case of him remembering and thinking she was fine out there.

IMO MOO

We are all different and have different levels of things on our minds. And different cognitive abilities. In the last month I’ve accidentally lost track of not only my own dogs but a dog I was sitting. And I loooovvve these dogs and have never done that before. And when my kids were little I accidentally left one of them in the car for ten minutes after grocery shopping and the other one snuck out of the house during nap time!

I don’t have warm, fuzzy feelings about this guy at all. But I really do think he totally forgot (for whatever reason) and it wasn’t a case of him remembering and thinking she was fine out there.

IMO MOO
There's something wrong with routinely making your kids stay in the car. In their own driveway or garage. It seems like he knew he had to keep them alive, but didn't really want anything to do with them.

IMO MOO

That’s right out of today’s Toxic Behavior Excuse Playbook:

Normalize your actions
Minimize your actions
Joke about your actions

Those poor kids. They’re going to need lots of love and support. I hope they get it.

IMO MOO
Yeah I don't believe any of this was accidental or unintentional. He used the car as a babysitter, because his hobbies and 'me time' were more important than being a parent. It was only a matter of time before one of his kids died.

This is one of the worst cases of weaponised incompetence that I've ever heard of. And the thread is full of people asking why the wife didn't hire a babysitter if he was being negligent. I continue to insist that this is on him. He is a full adult, competent and non disabled. He knew the risks, didn't care, did it anyway.

MOO

Those girls were old enough to tell their mother, or someone else, what he was (not) doing. Does anyone else wonder if he threatened them, to keep their mouths shut about this?
In her text messages to him she made it clear that she knew he left the girls in the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back