Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not saying that the mother has no duty of care to her kids, not at all.

But I am concerned that this woman is the sole breadwinner, is by her own admission barely home, barely sees her kids, is likely overworked, has repeatedly admonished him for this behaviour... and we're criticising HER behaviour. I worry about the gendered implications of that.

MOO
I would say the same thing about a man who worked long hours and rarely saw his kids, and his wife left a child in a hot car in the driveway to die while she, for instance, made YouTube content or some other thing that women would be more likely to do.

How desperate must this woman have been to have a man in her life, a PHYSICIAN no less, that she picked a guy like this and stayed with him? Not victim blaming; just wondering what she could possibly have seen in him.
Maybe she was one of those women who prefer to have the profession, knowing the kids would be better off with their Dad than in daycare. And IF he had handled the role responsibly, it might have been an ideal arrangement, with their money and travel, etc. It’s just tragic all around that he took the chances he did, with catastrophic consequences for his entire family.

As far as his past troubles she likely thought things would be different with her, as many people do.

Timeline via camera footage:

12:52 pm-
2 older children arrive home

12:53 pm-
Dad arrives home, leaves 2yo in car.

4:08 pm-
Mom arrives home

4:16pm-
911 call

4:58pm-
2yo pronounced dead at hospital

------‐-------------------------------

Dad's Timeline:

Appx 2:30 pm-
He arrives home & leaves 2yo in car

Appx 4:00pm
Wife arrives from work

+1 hr. 37 min time discrepancy.
Dad claims 2yo was left in the car for appx 1hr 30mins, actual time in car was 3hrs 7mins.

Last edited:
Timeline via camera footage:

12:52 pm-
2 older children arrive home

12:53 pm-
Dad arrives home, leaves 2yo in car.

4:08 pm-
Mom arrives home

4:16pm-
911 call

4:58pm-
2yo pronounced dead at hospital

------‐-------------------------------

Dad's Timeline:

Appx 2:30 pm-
He arrives home & leaves 2yo in car

Appx 4:00pm
Wife arrives from work

+1 hr. 37 min time discrepancy.
Dad claims 2yo was left in the car for appx 1hr 30mins, actual time in car was 3hrs 7mins.

What was Dad doing with the 2 year old before arriving home?

The above post appears to state that the two older girls arrived home in a different vehicle. Is that true or were they with Dad and now-deceased child?

If they arrived separately, what were they doing before arriving home and who dropped them off?

The above post appears to state that the two older girls arrived home in a different vehicle. Is that true or were they with Dad and now-deceased child?

If they arrived separately, what were they doing before arriving home and who dropped them off?
That hasn't been discussed in MSM reports or by LE I don't think.
I've wondered if they were perhaps at a summer day camp or something similar or perhaps with a relative?

He said he was running errands with her. Since older kids told law enforcement he was putting away food and gaming, likely at grocery store. Older girls were not with them on errands. It has not been stated where they were.

Maybe she was one of those women who prefer to have the profession, knowing the kids would be better off with their Dad than in daycare. And IF he had handled the role responsibly, it might have been an ideal arrangement, with their money and travel, etc. It’s just tragic all around that he took the chances he did, with catastrophic consequences for his entire family.

As far as his past troubles she likely thought things would be different with her, as many people do.
Does anyone know where we saw that he studied biochemistry? If he had a BS. Ie 4 yr degree in that field there's practically no step into employment without getting a post grad degree. Best he could do is get a teaching certificate for HS science, or maybe JC.

There are other certificates and masters programs he could have done from home a la Kohberger, but I doubt in biochem.

Anyone remember what degree, if any, he achieved?

Last edited:
@iamshadow21 Thx, as some earlier MSM reports seemed vague.

Interim complaint: Neighbor's vid(s?) shows---
Approx. 12:53 .... Chris' "vehicle arrived at residence & was parked in driveway just AFTER"... (< my caps)
12:52.... "his other two children arrived home."

It seems imo the other dau's were not w him in the car when he took toddler on whatever errand(s?).

Where had the other dau's been?
Had they been at a house nearby, maybe playing w friend(s), and they walked home?
Were they dropped off by someone in a vehicle?

ETA: Seems imo he was not on parenting duties for ALL three dau's ALL morning
May or may not be relevant. IDK
Just wondering.
That timing is so exact, ie 1 min apart from his & Parker's arrival to the other kids arriving. As though a school bus were scheduled to drop them off, but middle of summer? It must show on the tapes how they arrived, maybe there was no reason for LE to bring a private 3rd party into it.

Seems clear to me he was meeting them at home at a specific hour. Could he have dropped them off at a nearby store, planning to meet at home?
Did they have keys or a code? I didn't at that age.

I was thinking they
That timing is so exact, ie 1 min apart from his & Parker's arrival to the other kids arriving. As though a school bus were scheduled to drop them off, but middle of summer? It must show on the tapes how they arrived, maybe there was no reason for LE to bring a private 3rd party into it.

Seems clear to me he was meeting them at home at a specific hour. Could he have dropped them off at a nearby store, planning to meet at home?
Did they have keys or a code? I didn't at that age.
maybe had a play date scheduled that was to end at 1 pm. He and the other adult involved who had girls in their care coordinated by phone that he was arriving at home within minutes so girls were dropped off with him pulling up as that was happening.

I was thinking they

maybe had a play date scheduled that was to end at 1 pm. He and the other adult involved who had girls in their care coordinated by phone that he was arriving at home within minutes so girls were dropped off with him pulling up as that was happening.
And if the cars didn't arrive at the same time (assuming the girls were dropped off in a vehicle), the other driver likely waited the minute until the dad arrived. I don't think the girls were home alone, and if they were, it was literally a minute.

jmo

Does anyone know where we saw that he studied biochemistry? If he had a BS. Ie 4 yr degree in that field there's practically no step into employment without getting a post grad degree. Best he could do is get a teaching certificate for HS science, or maybe JC.

There are other certificates and masters programs he could have done from home a la Kohberger, but I doubt in biochem.

Anyone remember what degree, if any, he achieved?
A news article merely noted that he had studied biochemistry. No details or transcript.

Interim Complaint.* Left in Car. Food.

FORENSIC INTERVIEWS (< my caps, seems to refer to someone specially trained for child interviews. Or ____? w 9 yo & 5 yo dau's, who said (one or both?) the Father
"had left all 3 children alone in vehicle regularly."
(In first few news days, w the way that was reported, I understood this to mean he left each of them alone in car when each was an infant/toddler, not that he regularly left the three of them together in the car in current ages.
It would seem by age 5 & 9, that many kids would comply w a parental request/order to either --- stay in your room, or you can be in house anywhere except living room/my room. And to child to comply w that, for an hour or two at time?** Obvs, not all kids. Maybe few. But idea of putting 3 kids in car to contain them???)

And they stated "he got distracted by playing his game and putting his food away."

(Not clear to me if 'playing game 'stmt refers to a gen practice or to this specific day.
Also not clear to me whether 'food' refers to gen practice or this specific day.

FOOD. If they meant groceries, seems they would have said groceries. Well, at least the 9yo, but IDK.
If several or many bags of groceries, yep, carrying into house & putting that away would take some time, ___ min? Or was it a just a half gallon of milk?

Or did they mean Carry Out or Take Away FOOD, which might have been only one foam clamshell for himself. Or maybe a stack of them w 4 meals. Or one biggish bag of fast food.

^ Lots of possibilities.^
Seems likely that if he bought some food or groceries & took to house, LE may have tracked that to source already.

** Always a good idea to ask about kids' behaviors from someone who is not a parent. ;)

Last edited:
FORENSIC INTERVIEWS (< my caps, seems to refer to someone specially trained for child interviews. Or ____?) w 9 yo & 5 yo dau's, who said (one or both?) the Father
(In first few news days, w the way that was reported, I understood this to mean he left each of them alone in car when each was an infant/toddler, not that he regularly left the three of them together in the car in current ages. It would seem by age 5 & 9, that many kids would comply w a parental request/order to either --- stay in your room, or you can be in house anywhere except living room/my room. And to child to comply w that, for an hour or two at time? Obvs, not all kids. Maybe not. But idea of putting 3 kids in car to contain them???)

And they stated "he got distracted by playing his game and putting his food away."

(Not clear to me if 'playing game 'stmt refers to a gen practice or to this specific day.
Also not clear to me whether 'food' refers to gen practice or this specific day.

FOOD. If they meant groceries, seems they would have said groceries. Well, at least the 9yo, but IDK.
If several or many bags of groceries, yep, carrying into house & putting that away xould take some time, ___min? Or was it a just a half gallon of milk?

Or did they mean Carry Out or Take Away FOOD, which might have been only one foam clamshell for himself. Or maybe a stack of them w 4 meals. Or one biggish bag of fast food.

Seems likely that if he bought some food or groceries & took to house, LE may have tracked that to source already.

Also thought the part about being distracted did refer to that day, but in that document just posted, part of that sentence was in quotes, but part not in quotes, about it being the same day, iirc. I'll have to go back and verify.

But I call BS on even a 9 year old using the word "distracted", certainly not a 5 year old.

I wasn't going to mention it, but this reminds me of the Watts discovery, where interviews are summarized. But in that case the actual interview audio is available and the original was really different. For example, maybe LE said was your dad distracted? And one of the kids said yes or nodded. So it goes into the doc as kids said dad distracted. Well he probably was distracted, but I doubt the kids put it like that.

ETA. It says
they stated "he got distracted by playing his game and putting his food away". When their sister was in the car.

Note only part of that in quotes.

Last edited:

FORENSIC INTERVIEWS (< my caps, seems to refer to someone specially trained for child interviews. Or ____? w 9 yo & 5 yo dau's, who said (one or both?) the Father
(In first few news days, w the way that was reported, I understood this to mean he left each of them alone in car when each was an infant/toddler, not that he regularly left the three of them together in the car in current ages.
It would seem by age 5 & 9, that many kids would comply w a parental request/order to either --- stay in your room, or you can be in house anywhere except living room/my room. And to child to comply w that, for an hour or two at time?** Obvs, not all kids. Maybe few. But idea of putting 3 kids in car to contain them???)

If several or many bags of groceries, yep, carrying into house & putting that away would take some time, ___ min? Or was it a just a half gallon of milk?

** Always a good idea to ask about kids' behaviors from someone who is not a parent. ;)
Did he fix them lunch bearing in mind it was lunchtime would that not jog your memory that the younger was missing? Or if they had 4 meals from take out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it
Back