Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What happens in the upcoming months; does he get to stay home with his wife and children until the conclusion of the trial or plea deal?
If he's not in jail now, I don't think it is likely before there is a conviction and sentencing has occurred, if a custodial sentence even happens, which I don't think is all that likely.

I'm not sure what happens with no adult working. I guess she could go PT when school starts?

No accident

The media is full of warnings about heat waves and not leaving Any Living Thing inside a car in this weather. SAFETY WARNINGS

This is not an accident and he claims not to have received a notice the engine had shut off? Deflecting blame all over the place. Are they going to try to sue the car manufacturer, saying it was the car's fault no one checked on her for 3-4 hours in 106 degree heat?

This is NO Accident. It is negligent behaviour with an established very high risk of a fatal outcome. It's like throwing the kid into the rapids without a life jacket and saying it was the river's fault.
Understood. If the prosecutor and judge view it this way as well, then it’s likely that he will be charged and tried.

I wonder if there is a role for a Guardian Ad Litem for the remaining two children.

I just don't get the feeling that the family dynamics are dedicated to the safety home environment for the children and the parental dynamics are off in this situation.

As long as the father lives at home, he is around those children. What happens if they get a babysitter? Does he continue his Playstation life with resentment to all for what happened? I assume they can pay for childcare, although it is surely difficult to find and expensive. In September, I assume the 5 year old will be attending kindergarten and the 9 year old will be in the 4th grade. That only accounts for a part of the day / night and the mother's job as an anesthesiologist usually comes with dedicated in-hospital call for long shifts that do not fit a 9-5 lifestyle. Do her partner anesthesiologists have to have their schedules disrupted and take more call so she can have more time to supervise the childcare. When she is gone at 2am at the hospital, isn't Dad back doing childcare again?

Optimally, there would be some other family member like a gramma or grandpa or such to be the designated caregiver.

This is complicated and allowing Dad to stay in the home is only going to make it worse.

Last edited:
Optimally, there would be some other family member like a gramma or grandpa or such to be the designated caregiver

Optimal for whom? I don't mean that in a rude way, but it is just a mess.

Is a maternal grandparent supposed to drop everything to come take a major role in raising two young kids, and also have to live with the father while he awaits trial, instead of living their own life in their own home?

Or are one if his parents supposed to come take this on, and witness this tragic time first-hand day-and-night in their home?

It's really a lot to ask a grandparent, who also need to grieve.
I can't imagine the mother will be returning to work until this is concluded.

I wonder if there is a role for a Guardian Ad Litem for the remaining two children.

I just don't get the feeling that the family dynamics are dedicated to the safety home environment for the children and the parental dynamics are off in this situation.

As long as the father lives at home, he is around those children. What happens if they get a babysitter? Does he continue his Playstation life with resentment to all for what happened? I assume they can pay for childcare, although it is surely difficult to find and expensive. In September, I assume the 5 year old will be attending kindergarten and the 9 year old will be in the 4th grade. That only accounts for a part of the day / night and the mother's job as an anesthesiologist usually comes with dedicated in-hospital call for long shifts that do not fit a 9-5 lifestyle. Do her partner anesthesiologists have to have their schedules disrupted and take more call so she can have more time to supervise the childcare. When she is gone at 2am at the hospital, isn't Dad back doing childcare again?

Optimally, there would be some other family member like a gramma or grandpa or such to be the designated caregiver.

This is complicated and allowing Dad to stay in the home is only going to make it worse.
An anesthesiologist could afford a live-in nanny. I'm actually surprised they didn't have one anyway.

Optimal for whom? I don't mean that in a rude way, but it is just a mess.

Is a maternal grandparent supposed to drop everything to come take a major role in raising two young kids, and also have to live with the father while he awaits trial, instead of living their own life in their own home?

Or are one if his parents supposed to come take this on, and witness this tragic time first-hand day-and-night in their home?

It's really a lot to ask a grandparent, who also need to grieve.
I can't imagine the mother will be returning to work until this is concluded.
You capture my thought, ChatteringBirds

There is no easy solution to this.

As I stated earlier, MOO, is that a woman would have been charged and jailed. It seems like men get a pass, because they are "babysitting".
I disagree x 10,000. He's only out because he's got a lot of money.

If she wanted a 9-5 job as an anesthesiologist, she could, for instance, work in an outpatient clinic.

An anesthesiologist could afford a live-in nanny. I'm actually surprised they didn't have one anyway.

If she was working full time and taking call. However, she may have been already limiting her availability or such and not really be full-time or taking full call. Such as doing anesthesia for an independent ophthalmology practice that is only doing cataract surgery or perhaps a plastic surgeon's day surgery center.

Agree to all of the above. Plus it seems that there would be a tension and perhaps an incentive to influence the girls and what they tell people go on. Kind of compounds the tragedy and grief and sense or lack of safety and unpredictability. JMOOO.

The father being called the primary SAH parent may have been a goal of his for "other reasons" possibly, JMOOO. A live in nanny might have undercut the reason he did not have garnishable wages, for example, IMOO.

His Other Child?

From info on that site, my gen impression ---
CRS & his child's Mother had marked differences on child related issues, etc. beginning in 2012 and continuing for years. Most recent entry was in 2023.

edit: corrected ct. info (I hope).
(Above Case Number: FC2012-051886)

Last edited:
Seems like the female/mother is always criticized here in a way that isn’t permitted for the male/father. Gannon Stauch’s father was off-limits, and so is Lindsay Clancy’s husband. Both men surely observed their wives and their interactions with the deceased children, but both men are properly regarded as victims here. Why is the mother never given that grace and respect?

You know, I was trying to understand what was happening inside the family and asked some questions.
- they have been together since 2012. Did he, how they sometimes say, "put his wife through school"?
- she was somewhat upset at him in the message, but is he typically "the angry one" in the family?
- they have many expences; perhaps her school loans still are being paid, plus, the house, three kids, travels. Is one more person, a live-in nanny, too much of a burden?
- look how many scandals from the celebrity world (e.g., Ben Affleck, Schwarzenegger, Jude Law, Robin Williams, Rossdale, the list is huge) and not only that (WS au pair threads) involve live-in help. Real-world women can take notes...
- His tone of messages "babe, our family..." is manipulative, but false and sugary. Surely an adult male's social language should be more developed? Both of parents tend to use cliches and platitudes, for that matter, but mother's professional and training languages are formalized, at least.
- In a good neighborhood, image is a lot. Hence, dad invested a lot of time playing the "pillar of the community" role. He coached two older girls, or posted pictures with "nice" comments. In hindsight, they appear "make-believe" and typical for image-driven, immature personalities. If he has ADD, however, this job is exhausting.

The statistics of forgotten baby syndrome doesn't change since 1998; the only years when the numbers went down were 2020-2021. Common perpetrators are men, and IMHO the context is "ADHD and being overwhelmed." This father's situation is peculiar only because he tried to organize some "respite" with a newer car function but didn't have the brains to do it right.

About the mother. Maybe she is the epitome of a modern achiever who also wants to have a normal family life. She has to settle with the best option she can find for a husband, and i think she thought she could rely on him. What she is left with are two other kids to raise and the life that's rapidly going down the drain. I wouldn't judge her: she may be a good doctor whose plate is too full. She can ill afford to grieve, as she still needs to steer her small ship and also, keep this loser out of prison.

I hope that eventually, she finds a good therapist and works through this incredible trauma. She didn't give birth to her third child to lose the girl in 140 degrees inside a car. Let's show some compassion to her.

One more, totally practical, angle of this case

There already is the shortage of anesthesiologists and it is going to get much worse. Mom is a 35 year woman, working at a major hospital, training younger doctors and raising a family. Whatever human flaws she may have, whatever mistakes she has made, nowhere in the articles or documents did I see her being inept. The hospital may rely on her, and big time. It is her who is the pillar of the community. She may have no time to adequately process and grieve it all. So, I'd really not judge her harshly. Everyone has his limits. Dad is a poor excuse for a human being, of course, but she has a long time to untangle it all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back