Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the confusion comes from this newscast. The reporter reads through some of the documents they obtained while showing the documents on screen. At around the 3:25 mark, you can see where the document says that CS selected 3 cans of beer from the cooler, but the reporter read it as a case.

Wow, actually reading the documents—I thought it couldn’t get worse.

The middle daughter telling a story about how CS once left her in the car and she had to scream “Daddy, Daddy!” at him through the window to get him to come back.

The middle daughter basically confirming that CS was playing video games from when they arrived home, besides when he made her a sandwich, shortly before ES arrived home.

A bizarre text exchange between CS and ES joking about naming a “beautiful white baby” an “African name.”

But, yes, very confusing about the amount of beer. I’ve been reading everywhere that it was a “case” but the actual documents seem to indicate it was just 3 beers that he took from the cooler and actually exited the store with just one. It’s possible he consumed them in the bathroom, but he could have also hidden them somewhere on his person to consume when he got home IMO.

A2 is my choice.

I think this speed is not credible ( as MPH) and he just told her that to further annoy her. I do have no doubt that he would be speeding. As the one-time owner of a very fast sports car, I contend that 138mph is totally unstable on a regular road and the Acura is not capable of that speed.

Ummm...yeah, you can go that fast. Even in a Nissan Altima. No kids in the car. Wide open highway I-15 in Montana. So much fun. I have no doubt that there are plenty of wide open spaces in Arizona to drive as fast as you want on the highway.

But, why he would actually tell that to his wife, is another issue.

She knew. She was not missing tiny red flags.

She openly admitted on March 11 text that she knew he was drinking while doing solo childcare, while driving, and was reckless in his driving.

The deceit at the gas station to get alcohol was most likely because she would be monitoring the grocery receipts to check for alcohol.

I do wonder if she had modified the older two girl's schedules to decrease his solo responsibilities for their care. That would be easier to with many children's activities open to children that are mobile and toilet trained. Who dropped the older two girls off on that day, I wonder?
She knew and he knew that she knew thus the deception at the gas station. I suspect that was a regular occurrence for him. Go to different gas stations and have a few before going home because he knew he was on her radar. Monitoring his behavior must be exhausting. I don't know why anyone would be married to him nevermind continue to allow him to look after the kids.

Sneaking 3 cans is still alcoholic behavior and indicates DUI, IMO only, but they should really be more careful with reporting.
exactly, if you are hiding your alcohol consumption in a gas station washroom because you can't let your kids see, you have a problem. I think that he either knew or thought his children were mommies little spies and therefore, the deception and sneaking of beer.

those poor kids, can you imagine the position they were in? Daddy's checked out, drunk and on his video games rather than parenting, we must fend for ourselves while mommy's at work but also, let mommy know if daddy is being okay or if he is drinking beer while she is at work. (speculation)

exactly, if you are hiding your alcohol consumption in a gas station washroom because you can't let your kids see, you have a problem. I think that he either knew or thought his children were mommies little spies and therefore, the deception and sneaking of beer.

those poor kids, can you imagine the position they were in? Daddy's checked out, drunk and on his video games rather than parenting, we must fend for ourselves while mommy's at work but also, let mommy know if daddy is being okay or if he is drinking beer while she is at work. (speculation)
So CS was drinking on the sly, stealing beer, driving recklessly and his wife is complaining about his drinking for the past three years. It's obvious CS has an alcohol addiction. It must be torture for him to be under the watchful eye of his wife and others and not be able to continue to drink. There must have been some level of withdrawal. I am still waiting to hear how this man was a 'pillar of the community'. What community? The gas station washroom shot gunning beer community?

I wonder what the friends of his kids think. I would feel sick if I had ever let my kid go over there for a sleepover or let him drive my kid somewhere.

She knew and he knew that she knew thus the deception at the gas station. I suspect that was a regular occurrence for him. Go to different gas stations and have a few before going home because he knew he was on her radar. Monitoring his behavior must be exhausting. I don't know why anyone would be married to him nevermind continue to allow him to look after the kids.

Having a spouse like this, with these behaviors, is like having another child to take care of. Worse, really, because of partnership expectations.

No partnership with a spouse like this.

Yes! If he sucked down three stolen beers in quick succession in the restroom it’s likely his blood alcohol would have risen to somewhere between 0.06 and 0.08 depending on his weight. Arizona’s legal limit is 0.08.

If he even only consumed one beer in that restroom his BAC could have risen to nearly half the legal limit, enough to affect his decision making ability.

But even apart from the alcohol effects think about how bizarre his behavior was! He stopped at a gas station, shoplifted at least 3 beers then he hid in a restroom to drink one, two or maybe even three beers while his daughter sat strapped in her car seat. On a day when extreme heat warnings were being broadcast to the public! What a gem of a dad. :mad:

I think the confusion comes from this newscast. The reporter reads through some of the documents they obtained while showing the documents on screen. At around the 3:25 mark, you can see where the document says that CS selected 3 cans of beer from the cooler, but the reporter read it as a case.

THANK YOU for your keen eye and helping us reduce confusion here. While 3 cans of beer is more reasonable, I was going to mention that I would not at all have been surprised if he did steal a whole case of beer. Cans are light and most cases have handles. A determined alcoholic wouldn’t think twice about trying it if it meant having a stash of beers all over the house for convenience - in the toilet tanks, garage, underwear drawers, back of pantry, you name it.

@LifeIsAMystery - I share your absolute outrage that this man is free. And any sympathy I had for ES flew out the window with the most recent revelations. I feel for victims of domestic violence/coercive control so I can imagine how hard it is to break free, but Parker’s death and his arrest should have been the brutal rock bottom wake up call she needed! She had her chance to keep him away and keep herself and the girls safe and she did not take it. Unfathomable!

I can only pray he’s taken into custody on Thursday and stays behind bars. Like many of you, I cannot forget the absolute horror of the moment we heard Josh Powell had blown up his house with himself and those 2 little boys in it.

THANK YOU for your keen eye and helping us reduce confusion here. While 3 cans of beer is more reasonable, I was going to mention that I would not at all have been surprised if he did steal a whole case of beer. Cans are light and most cases have handles. A determined alcoholic wouldn’t think twice about trying it if it meant having a stash of beers all over the house for convenience - in the toilet tanks, garage, underwear drawers, back of pantry, you name it.

@LifeIsAMystery - I share your absolute outrage that this man is free. And any sympathy I had for ES flew out the window with the most recent revelations. I feel for victims of domestic violence/coercive control so I can imagine how hard it is to break free, but Parker’s death and his arrest should have been the brutal rock bottom wake up call she needed! She had her chance to keep him away and keep herself and the girls safe and she did not take it. Unfathomable!

I can only pray he’s taken into custody on Thursday and stays behind bars. Like many of you, I cannot forget the absolute horror of the moment we heard Josh Powell had blown up his house with himself and those 2 little boys in it.

A regular case of beer weighs at least 20 pounds. These are stocked in convenience stores, but I don't think they are usually refrigerated in the beer section as they are fairly large. An unrefrigerated beer would be messy and not as enticing as a cold frosty one or three on a blazing hot Arizona day.

Of note, Arizona does allow drive-through alcohol sales. I recall being amazed that we could drive up and buy ice cold canned or bottled alcoholic beverages while sitting in the car. This could also end up being another way for him to surreptitiously get alcohol on his daily rounds. Probably without the older children who could tattle on him.

Last edited:
Having a spouse like this, with these behaviors, is like having another child to take care of. Worse, really, because of partnership expectations.

No partnership with a spouse like this.
A man child with a vehicle and an alcohol addiction. It cost him a child's life, destroyed his life and the life of his wife and has likely traumatized his surviving children for life. For what...video games and beer. He was known for leaving the kids in the car, drinking and driving and driving recklessly. It was a disaster waiting to happen...and it did.

He was only in the gas station rest room for 2 or 3 minutes. He could have consumed the other beers or hidden them in his clothing. He departed a side door, avoiding passing the check-out counter. So, with three beers at noon, about 50 minutes before arriving at the home, he is very mildly intoxicated, but not blackout drunk by any means.

Kind of interesting text message conversation in March, I think about the Nordstrom sale. She asks him if he wants anything. He sends a photo of a stroller. She appears to send back a different stroller picture. He then mentions Gucci sandals and Nike apparel and she turns him down quickly. Might be kind of demeaning to always have to get permission from your spouse to buy clothing. Unless you've shown a pattern of being reckless about spending.

I agree with you, @Herat, and I think it’s tragic that even now she can’t see or acknowledge the truth.

His actions prior to this tragedy show me, IMO, that this absolutely DOES REPRESENT HIM.

He apparently has at least a decade long history of leaving his children to fend for themselves alone in the car, if his teenaged daughter is to be believed.

He apparently also has a history of driving at reckless speed, with his kid(s) in the car, and of being an alcoholic and a shoplifter. He’s seemingly abandoned all four of his daughters in different ways, and like the iceberg hitting Titanic, this could have been avoided but the crash was heading their way.

The mom, knowing his recklessness, could have hired a nanny or a babysitter or availed herself of daycare.

You know that old saying about the frog who trusted the scorpion to carry him across the water. Then the scorpion stung him and as the frog was dying said, “you promised not to sting me” and the scorpion replied “ you knew what I was when I put you on my back.”

Maybe a poor analogy but that’s how I see this.

Jmo
BBM.
Just, why oh why ?
There were options and this family wasn't destitute, i.e., no sitter could be hired due to financial limitations, correct ?
It's all so sad and avoidable.
Omo.

The middle daughter telling a story about how CS once left her in the car and she had to scream “Daddy, Daddy!” at him through the window to get him to come back.

The middle daughter basically confirming that CS was playing video games from when they arrived home, besides when he made her a sandwich, shortly before ES arrived home.

A bizarre text exchange between CS and ES joking about naming a “beautiful white baby” an “African name.”

But, yes, very confusing about the amount of beer. I’ve been reading everywhere that it was a “case” but the actual documents seem to indicate it was just 3 beers that he took from the cooler and actually exited the store with just one. It’s possible he consumed them in the bathroom, but he could have also hidden them somewhere on his person to consume when he got home IMO.
Where are these documents that you speak of? Do you have a link? Thanks!

BBM.
Just, why oh why ?
There were options and this family wasn't destitute, i.e., no sitter could be hired due to financial limitations, correct ?
Omo.

I think one of the obstacles to getting a sitter would be her erratic on-call hours.

Another would be the question of exactly what would he be doing during the daytime while a sitter was minding the children?

Should we assume he wasn't cleaning the bathrooms, or doing the gardening, or preparing meals? Would he have to find a job? Or is he a pro at Playstation?

At 2:38 on this video, they're showing another part of that police report. They're highlighting the part where they text about the Nordstrom sale. But at the very bottom of that page, where you can hardly read what it says because it's cut off, is something that looks interesting. I wish I could see the whole thing. But you can see he texts, "Should we do Christmas somewhere next year? Like a white Christmas in a ... [can't read this part] With the doggies."

She answers something that I can't read at all, but I think she ends that reply with "leaving them in the car." You can clearly see "leaving them in the car" but not the beginning of that part. I think she might have said what she thought of his suggestion to spend Christmas somewhere and bring the dogs, and ended with, "I don't like leaving them in the car." Would just make sense in context of him suggesting to go on a trip w/the dogs, because I can't think of any other reason she would have ended her reply with "leaving them in the car" in that conversation. This obviously was before the incident where Parker died.

So if true, it would mean she was thinking more about the dogs having to stay in the car than their kids. But that might mean she didn't realize the extent to which he was STILL leaving the kids in the car. Anyone else would assume that he wasn't doing that, especially not habitually, so it would make sense that they would mention not doing that to the dogs. They wouldn't feel the need to mention not leaving the kids in the car if they didn't realize it was something he would realistically do.

BBM.
Just, why oh why ?
Omo.

Did they actually claim financial limitations somewhere?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock
Back