Armchair Psych Profile and JH's Background

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says he bought a rifle after the exams. But, he also bought other guns, equipment to make explosives, tacticle gear, etc. When did he START buying the equipment not just the one gun.

Yea that is the question, were there any triggers just prior to whenever he started buying all this stuff, we know he got at least one rifle after failing but it implies he was stockpiling before he failed.

Reports say it took him four months to get it all delivered so June 7th he failed so sometime feb or march he started buying it seems.

Obviously arm chair my favorite
Still interest in other threads
anyone willing to get to other threads
copy paste post the address bar on all the other threads that were broken up 4?
then we can click
on address bar and short cut them on desktop

(i am left brain - hunting is fatiguing)
appreciate help!

Yea that is the question, were there any triggers just prior to whenever he started buying all this stuff, we know he got at least one rifle after failing but it implies he was stockpiling before he failed.

Reports say it took him four months to get it all delivered so June 7th he failed so sometime feb or march he started buying it seems.

That time frame falls in the midterm time. I could be wrong, I don't know the schedule at his school.

On TV now:

"Experts suggest family pressure could have caused CO shooting suspect to snap"

I didn't get this Dr's name who is describing this. (Oh, Dr Alan Lipman)

Supposedly, there are now reports coming out that the father set "a very high standard" and the son was having a hard time living up to it.

Wonder where these "reports" are coming from.

ETA: Well this Dr Lipman got the timeline wrong, LOL. He said 3 weeks before this attack, he failed his exam. Ummmm, noooo, it was more like 6 weeks.

Yeah, and I get very tired of the terminology that he "snapped". Someone who plans for weeks, for months, has not snapped. Snapped would be more like that guy in Canada who suddenly lunged at a fellow, dozing bus passenger and decapitated him.

I remember reading that one of the deceased victim's parents stated that the police had told them that the perp was adopted.

Here we go .... I found a link:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/you_re_no_tough_guy_now_qCaDbL0bp6MXY8NiTX6x3K

Also I just remembered that psychologist, Dr. Alan Lipman, who appeared on Megyn Kelly (FNC) a little while ago stated that JH's mom had urged him to get counseling.

I find it interesting that the NY post is the only one printing these claims...and then of course all the others pick up on it.

I think I'll wait for actual confirmation on this one.

I posted this in the Package Delivery thread but thought I'd link it here, too, as it is pertinent to this thread, as well:

Jul 26, 2012 - Experts react to accused gunman's notebook mailed to psychiatrist before movie massacre

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1755292713001/

Interesting contrast of opinions, eh?

Obviously arm chair my favorite
Still interest in other threads
anyone willing to get to other threads
copy paste post the address bar on all the other threads that were broken up 4?
then we can click
on address bar and short cut them on desktop

(i am left brain - hunting is fatiguing)
appreciate help!

Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

To find the feeder thread just go to the top of the thread where you will see something like this: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News > Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado > Armchair Psych Profile and JH's Background

You can then go to the thread you want. The one you want here would be : Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado, which I have linked above.

Ah what a shame, and he doesn't like his food.

the worker said. “He complained once that he didn’t like the food . . . The guy killed 12 people, and he’s upset that he’s not getting a four-star meal?”

The former California honor student picks at his meals on some days, and doesn’t eat at all on others. A typical breakfast would include sausage and grits, while lunch could mean a ham sandwich

And his belly hurts..

“He’s claiming his belly hurts him,” the worker said

MO (Wonder how many of the surviving victims belly hurts?!) They have a reasaon to have a belly pain.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...james-holmes-claims-amnesia-article-1.1122289

Yeah, and I get very tired of the terminology that he "snapped". Someone who plans for weeks, for months, has not snapped. Snapped would be more like that guy in Canada who suddenly lunged at a fellow, dozing bus passenger and decapitated him.

To me the term "snapped" doesn't necessarily mean sudden impulse. It could mean he cracked/snapped months ago or even years ago and his symptoms deteriorated without proper treatment (IF he is mentally ill - schizophrenia as an example).

It appears everything was "normal" up until 4 months ago when he started to purchase all this bomb making stuff, the apparel, etc. Fast forward 2 -3 months, he fails his oral. A month later, he goes on a rampage.

Something happened during that 4 or 5 month period prior to his breakdown or whatever term we want to use.

:moo:

Could someone like JH be able to fool psychiatrists? I doubt it, imo

He can fake all he wants.

Could someone like JH be able to fool psychiatrists? I doubt it, imo

He can fake all he wants.

I would think not. The ones he will be seeing have seen thousands trying to fake every sort of illness imaginable just to get out of trouble, they have also seen just about every sort of illness.

They have very good b.s. meters usually.

From the article:
Quote:
"His grades were mediocre. I've heard him described as brilliant. This is extremely inaccurate."Holmes attended the Salk program between high school and college and performed poorly, Jacobson said. "He shouldn't have gotten into the summer program."

Jacobson also said Holmes was enormously stubborn and refused to follow instructions.
He said he set Holmes to work writing computer code for an experiment Jacobson had done involving a game of rock-paper-scissors, in which the computer always beats the human, no matter who goes first.
He said that although he urged Holmes to use one method of programming, Holmes insisted on using another that Jacobsen described as vastly more time consuming and complicated.
"He just refused," said Jacobson. "Finally, I said, 'Do it any way you can.' "
The work never got done. "He never completed the project. What he gave me was a complete mess," Jacobson said.
So one might add "stubborn" to the list of traits in the wispy profile of Holmes - except students who knew him say they don't particularly recall pronounced stubbornness at all.
"I think he just liked to share his opinions on stuff he really believes in, what's right," said a 26-year-old UC Riverside graduate who was in his lab group in 2008. "There were times he can come off arrogant. He definitely could."

Considering JH was in a program that only allows a handful of people to enter each year I have to say that the above is the opinion of someone who really disliked JH and wants to discount any positive aspects of JH before he committed this horrific crime. Jacobsen sounds as if he is trying to distance himself from ever have been associated with JH. I would venture to say his allegations are rooted in resentment. It sounds as if he and Holmes did not get along and did not like the fact that JH has been described as brilliant. I have encountered attitudes from others like this myself in college and in the military. I am not necessarily defending JH but it annoys me that someone could just come out for his 15 minutes to slander a person just because they don't like them regardless of why they are now in the spotlight.

To me the term "snapped" doesn't necessarily mean sudden impulse. It could mean he cracked/snapped months ago or even years ago and his symptoms deteriorated without proper treatment (IF he is mentally ill - schizophrenia as an example).

It appears everything was "normal" up until 4 months ago when he started to purchase all this bomb making stuff, the apparel, etc. Fast forward 2 -3 months, he fails his oral. A month later, he goes on a rampage.

Something happened during that 4 or 5 month period prior to his breakdown or whatever term we want to use.

:moo:

Makes sense to me ~n/t~
(**Not that I'm saying it is what JH suffers from or if he suffers from anything, other than absolute evilness**).

Dr Archer, in the video in my post #46 above, says psychosis does not come on with an on-off switch. He stated it's waxes and wanes as your proceed over time. Then as you descend into madness, you have delusions and hallucinations.

I don't know what JH may or may not have, if anything; but this explanation sounds plausible to me.

I appreciate what you all have to say. I do not trust some of the news sources and experts yet.

We all believe mental illness is possible in some people. Many of us have been exposed to MI, and feel we can spot it. Do we already have enough info on JH to determine his condition? No.

Doctors usually don't diagnose any physical or mental condition without it meeting criteria.

Personally, I want to learn more about delusions and psychosis in general. How delusions can become a fixed belief in the mind interests me. I'm hearing of too many people that "just snapped" in our society. It almost seems the handy-dandy excuse - they just snapped. Oh, but then we find out she shot her brother in childhood, or something that might tell us it wasn't all that sudden.

Killing people is such a willful act, especially when you have to buy tons of equipment months ahead of time. Right now, no passes from me that he was too MI to stop himself.

Plus, there's con jobs even within MI. Did JH not stop himself from killing because he knew he could fake a MI? I don't know.

this is exactly the plot law student killer Stephen Mcdaniel wrote
online about how to get away with a massacre.

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/26/1678356/mcdaniel-posts-describe-torture.html

I’d go outside, grab my kit out of the car, pop in a fresh mag, and proceed to slaughter the entire, bigoted group, never once doing so much as uttering a sound. When they are all dead (and they do need to all be DEAD), I’d sit down on the ground, with my gun several paces away from me, and just rock back and forward on the ground, eyes wide and blank.”

He goes on to write, “Afterwards, I’d remain in this state for at least a day -- no talking, no communication, blank, unfocused stares. I do not fall asleep, either. Eventually, when some new stimulus is introduced (a family member I haven’t seen, a picture of my brother, or something like that), I shake my head from side to side, blink rapidly, and look around in a panicked manner, asking where I am, what’s going on, if my family is okay, why I’m there, and when they ask, I’d say I had no memory of anything that happened after I arrived at the service.”

Near the end of the post, he wrote, “They’ll probably initiate charges, at which point the family will need to get a lawyer to argue that I had no knowledge of my actions and were not acting of my own volition when I acted. Keep the story consistent, and whenever I am asked about what happened, I look down and put a sad look on your face, relating what I was TOLD happened (as you have no memory of it). I might end up institutionalized for a while so they can try to figure out what caused the blackout, and they may take my guns from me as well as the ability to purchase more, but if I stuck to the story, it’s doubtful I’d end up in prison.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/26/1678356/mcdaniel-posts-describe-torture.html#storylink=cpy/I]

sounds like this is the plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member