ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking if Allison could wish for anything right now it would be (i) her murderer is convicted and (ii) her murderer is as far away from her kids as possible.

BBM: Yes, that's correct because the father of those three little girls murdered their mother!!

IMO, there is reason to celebrate GBC's arrest. He murdered his wife, and the investigation into her murder has been ongoing for eight weeks now.

I say congratulations and well done to Detective Ainsworth and his team. I'm pleased that all of their hard work has paid off. By the same token, I'm saddened and feel sick to the stomach for Allison's daughters. I'm typing through tears. Gerard Baden-Clay should have stopped and thought about what he was doing to those little girls before he murdered their mother!

My comment was regarding this WHOLE tragic situation.........there is nothing to celebrate.Of course the police have done a fantastic job !!!! They would be very pleased they nailed him and very relieved. They of all people would know that celebration is not appropriate at this tragic time. They would see the grief in the little girls first hand. IMO

channel 10 news

he was picked up by detectives this afternoon

his laywers : intention to charge him with murder

So well done for OUR QPS to be able to charge with MURDER and not manslaughter.........those ducks must be in a line so long the quacking will be loud!!!!!!

:rubberducky::rubberducky::rubberducky:

Channel 7:

GBC to be charged within minutes and expected to be taken to the brisbane watch house

I hope the QPS have an airtight case. They have certainly taken time to put it all together. I just pray that there are no loose ends, and we get a quick result.

'IF' he goes to the big house for this...... The 'time' he would do in there would be very, very, very, hard time.

I keep thinking if Allison could wish for anything right now it would be (i) her murderer is convicted and (ii) her murderer is as far away from her kids as possible.

Abso-bluddy-lutely!!
:woohoo:

Channel 7 report - Allison had 900K life insurance policy...

Perhaps this is the distinction between manslaughter and murder trial.

Intent to kill.

Thank you QPS. Now to rally around those girls...

My comment was regarding this WHOLE tragic situation.........there is nothing to celebrate.Of course the police have done a fantastic job !!!! They would be very pleased they nailed him and very relieved. They of all people would know that celebration is not appropriate at this tragic time. They would see the grief in the little girls first hand. IMO

I agree i think people forget that there are children involved here :(

7News reported that they have been allowed to reveal, by police, that there WAS blood found in the back of Allison's car and that earlier this year, she had a life insurance policy of $900,000.

If her death boils down to the life insurance policy, I will lose it. To think Allison could have been murdered simply for MONEY to help GBC's finances and save his stupid, precious career "pride".

I hope the QPS have an airtight case. They have certainly taken time to put it all together. I just pray that there are no loose ends, and we get a quick result.

Not, just a "wittle-bit" airtight - watertight and <mod-snip>-Baden-Claytight...

they are saying different thing on Channel 9 news:

!. Crime Scene established Saturday April 21

2. 50 police searched the BC home after Allison's body was founded

and 3. She was reported missing missing the next morning after going for a walk at 10pm

Interesting!!

As a mum of three daughters, I cant help thinking of Allison's mum and dad, they, as all parents know would always think of Allison and their other children as their babies, and Allison's big sister and her big brother, their hearts would be so broken.....xxxxxxxxxx

I would like to see the men from Allison's family be able to deal with that <Mod Snip> of a person

And Gerard Baden-Clay would also have seen the grief in the little girls first hand. FFS he has had eight weeks to see it, every day, every night. Lying to them, covering his own arse, not thinking of them at all.

<Mod Snip>. I have my opinions, you have yours, and yes, I am celebrating the arrest of Gerard Baden-Clay.

It's interesting that this particular tragic event has been raised, because this has been identified as one of the earliest expressions of this modern trend of vicarious grief. The links I posted on page 1 (maybe 2?) of this thread talk about this exact thing. I appreciate it being mentioned!

Cheers
There are different views on this, but don't want to start an academic discussion on a crime discussion forum. Lets just say better to 'grieve' than to have 'melancholia'.
I think it is a beautiful gesture to have the virtual sunflowers and if the local Brookfield community wish to place a cross at the bridge as a symbol of their respects, then I see a life affirming activity. This case is tragic and unresolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alternative_hat_9417