ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well.. I dont believe for a moment that it didnt cross the collective BC minds that Gerard would be hauled away on charges, one of which is murder .. I put that view as a possible alternative, but not one that I suscribe to. His lawyer surely would have told the BC's and certainly Gerard himself that this was not in the realm of fantasy.

What effect this would have had on his 'edge' or non edge, I dont know. I hope it was at least concern, at best, terror, but thats just my view.

Were that to happen in my family, I would not have a clue what to do. Do any of us ever plan for such an event?

Were that to happen in my family, I would not have a clue what to do. Do any of us ever plan for such an event?

If you are paying an expensive lawyer, I think you would ask those questions, but, I am thinking that maybe, just maybe , I am giving BC s too much benefit of the doubt, I assumed that they were switched on , up with it so to speak, , now I am thinking that IMO possibly GBC was controlling everything, keep parents in dark, I ll fix it Mum, , lets face it, anyone can complete a business degree online at USQ, and you can gain your Real Estate Licence in a week. Don t need to be a member of mensa. MO only

The overheads are big, office, advertising, travel costs, there were 6 people listed aside from the Baden-Clays in the team. Under a million dollars in revenue, if the median house prices are $800K and the commission 5%. I don't know if I'm being overly or under generous with those figures, I looked up a couple of suburbs, not sure about the 5%. After expenses and tax, I can't imagine it was an impressive return for any of them, probably reasonable if you haven't run up debt.

Yes good point, but I don't believe there were that many staff though in more recent times? The majority of the staff may have been paying themselves. Moo

If the QPS were investigating me thoroughly, for 2 months, and I had retained a distinguished lawyer...and my wife had gone for a walk and never came back alive , yea.. I would be planning for such an event from day 1 . My family would be , too.

And certainly, my well paid lawyer would be. It would, in fact, be his/her high-on-the-list priority. The lawyer is the one whom the police communicate with , should they need to, and I am pretty sure some communication took place.. like.. would Gerard give us a DNA sample? please ask your client to supply fiscal records, can you client tell us exactly and precisely where he last saw the deceased? etc..

If you are paying an expensive lawyer, I think you would ask those questions, but, I am thinking that maybe, just maybe , I am giving BC s too much benefit of the doubt, I assumed that they were switched on , up with it so to speak, , now I am thinking that IMO possibly GBC was controlling everything, keep parents in dark, I ll fix it Mum, , lets face it, anyone can complete a business degree online at USQ, and you can gain your Real Estate Licence in a week. Don t need to be a member of mensa. MO only

Currently involved in a family law issue and every letter, every phone call, every email etc are billed, so we tend not to communicate too much haha.
The lawyer is for GBC, not his family I would have thought, so perhaps they don't actually get to speak to him.

Standard Qld Commission
5% of the first $18,000 & 2.5 % of the balance of the sale price

I think the commission is around 2.5 to 3 %

I can answer this, having just sold a house. This is the maximum they can charge but it can be negotiated to be less.
The maximum Queensland commission rates for residential property sales is 5% of the first $18,000 of the purchase price + 2.5% of the balance of the purchase price plus the GST if applicable.

Standard Qld Commission
5% of the first $18,000 & 2.5 % of the balance of the sale price

Yes...from another real estate...

*Qld Industry Standard commission is 5% of the first $18,000 + 2.5% of the balance of the settled price + 10% GST. A lot of the opposition charge this MAXIMUM rate…

Currently involved in a family law issue and every letter, every phone call, every email etc are billed, so we tend not to communicate too much haha.
The lawyer is for GBC, not his family I would have thought, so perhaps they don't actually get to speak to him.

Nige and Elaine not getting to speak to the lawyer?? hehe.. :what:

I doubt very much if Gerard has had one private moment with his lawyer.. Mum and Dad , possible Sis, would be there, and I think Gerard likes it that way, too. No wonder they wanted to get to him at the watchhouse pronto. The horror of Gerard alone with authority must be just awful for them, as I see it.

From my experience, the image that people portray in public is generally the image people want you to believe, and in a lot , not all, of circumstances , that the real persona is in stark contrast. I say this because not one supporter, not one, except his sister, and I admire her for sheer guts and loyalty I really do, what a tough ask if she had no knowledge or involvement. IMO I am thinking this guy has hidden a lot over the years and controlled his family and their dough, and fed them crap which thet are still believin.
And for century 21 and the Boss, wow, if he was any sort of bloke or businessman at all, he would surely just make it known that GBC has his full support until such time as he doesn t, god help anyone else who gives him a ton of money and gets into trouble.

Thoughts anyone

Sprats,, that was me who made that comment.. I probably worded it badly and confusingly. What I meant to convey was considering the situation, of all the people in Qld, I would have thought the BC family would be the very ones to have considered this possibility some weeks ago, and ascertained the procedure. That the very event that in fact occured, Gerard to the watchhouse, was a high probability , and possibly inevitable at some stage.

So it surprised me that they made the wrong moves..

But then... you know.. ..maybe they thought that Gerard merely reporting Allisons disappearance was as far as their connection to the matter went.. I dunno.. Maybe it really never ever crossed their collective minds that Gerard would indeed be arrested for this hideous crime at any time on this earth, hence, big shock and fury etc.
Maybe their mob phones and all computers are still in police hands.
Maybe they don't have access to online searches at this time.

From my experience, the image that people portray in public is generally the image people want you to believe, and in a lot , not all, of circumstances , that the real persona is in stark contrast. I say this because not one supporter, not one, except his sister, and I admire her for sheer guts and loyalty I really do, what a tough ask if she had no knowledge or involvement. IMO I am thinking this guy has hidden a lot over the years and controlled his family and their dough, and fed them crap which thet are still believin.
And for century 21 and the Boss, wow, if he was any sort of bloke or businessman at all, he would surely just make it known that GBC has his full support until such time as he doesn t, god help anyone else who gives him a ton of money and gets into trouble.

Thoughts anyone

I think just the opposite, Plenty... isnt diversity terrific?? :rocker:

I think that family has been cleaning up after Gerards messes all his life.. poor Gerard.. propping him up, paying this and that off, doing his tax returns, getting him into a business where they could keep an eye on him and his fiscal nincompoopery.. trying to keep a tight leash, which of course, has to be loosened every now and then, eg.. Toni and the cavalcade of extra women in his disorganised scattered life.. no way was he going to be allowed to have a free reign at his franchise, Gerard needs supervision at all times. Get him on this committee, that board, this charity... maintain the facade at all costs.

Maybe their mob phones and all computers are still in police hands.
Maybe they don't have access to online searches at this time.

GBC certainly had phone access in the earlier days...just about every photo of him shows a phone glued to his ear. I still wonder if he used a hospital phone after he was admitted for a couple of days after the infamous car crash.

I'd bet any money the family had access to internet...their friends certainly did..from another post back in a previous thread...

"the person that I got my information from stopped looking at Websleuths because they are too close to the BCs and realised that most of the stuff being written was absolutely NOT right."

I think the reason Gerard is in the observation ward, is because that damn phone had to be surgically removed from his ear.

nothing to do with his mental state at all. Just waiting till the scar heals.

How he is managing without it, is a matter for real apprehension.. not well. I reckon.

I think just the opposite, Plenty... isnt diversity terrific?? :rocker:

I think that family has been cleaning up after Gerards messes all his life.. poor Gerard.. propping him up, paying this and that off, doing his tax returns, getting him into a business where they could keep an eye on him and his fiscal nincompoopery.. trying to keep a tight leash, which of course, has to be loosened every now and then, eg.. Toni and the cavalcade of extra women in his disorganised scattered life.. no way was he going to be allowed to have a free reign at his franchise, Gerard needs supervision at all times. Get him on this committee, that board, this charity... maintain the facade at all costs.

Thanks for your comment, the reasoning of my post is that the BC s seem to be "out of the loop" and are seemingly just bailing themselves up, I don t know if they are up with it, so to speak. I assumed that because this guy had a big real estate agency franchise, lived in Brookfield, had plenty of staff and Kenmore parents, that he would be switched on, well , IMO , they don t seem to be

GBC certainly had phone access in the earlier days...just about every photo of him shows a phone glued to his ear. I still wonder if he used a hospital phone after he was admitted for a couple of days after the infamous car crash.

I'd bet any money the family had access to internet...their friends certainly did..from another post back in a previous thread...

"the person that I got my information from stopped looking at Websleuths because they are too close to the BCs and realised that most of the stuff being written was absolutely NOT right."

You would recieve 1 or maybe 2 depending on your behaviour phone call in your first couple of days at Gorrie and that would be supervised, until such time as your Intel is set up, your numbers you want to call cleared and monies placed in your phone account, some 3 - 4 weeks, everyone is treated the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill