Arrest in JBR case part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Peter Hamilton said:
agree that he certainly looks and acts feminine--but of course wimps can still be killers--Joel Rifkin killed 17 people,but fellow high-schoolers remembered him as nerdy and hey called him the turtle--Therewas a serialkiller in Alaska who killed ten women,and he was extremely nerdy--The gay serial killer Braunmeister was also quite wimpy and feminine
come on-u are really stretching it-if u had just said wimp thats one thing..all killers are wimps in character..but dont bring the gay thing in as if it explains anything-even if he is effeminate men are not wimps by that alone nor are they gay by that alone..and then gay and wimp are also not connected.

poco said:
I guess they DNA will tell all - but doesn't that take a few weeks/months??? Also, seems I read that there was something found in her panties, as well as a few blood splatters found somewhere.

Call me confused, but from what I have read so far he reportedly was just going to kidnap her and things went array. So, then he sat down and took God knows how long to write a ransom note???? I would think he would be freaking and rush out of the house - why the ransom note if she is dead?

OR, did he take time to write the note BEFORE HE WOKE her FED her
pineapple and KILLED her???? Any why $118,000 - why not $107,398.23???? That seems like such an odd amount - $100,00 maybe, $125,000, $200,000, but $118,000?

Seems like if you were going to kidnap someone you would want to be in and out of there as FAST AS POSSIBLE!!! Red flags on this are going up everywhere for me.

Someone mentioned a press conference today - anyone know the time?

I think there is definitely more to this than meets the eye......
he may have been in the house for hours waiting for them to come home-he could have written the note while waiting..he could have been inthe house on a prior occassion and taken the notepad..part of a cover up for him-what better thing to do then make it look like its the parents.

LinasK said:
Scandi, and yet John was able to be excluded as the writer of the note, Patsy was not. My mother-in-law dabbles in handwriting analysis and has told me of certain distinctive features they look for. Some criminals exhibit what they call a "criminal's claw" in their writing.

Also, it doesn't explain the Ramsey's immediately lawyering up, not taking a poly for 4 months, and high-tailing it out of town on the day their daughter was discovered murdered. I also want to know why John carried JB up the stairs- I think it was to contaminate evidence.

I think this is a false confession, no matter how many times it's posted that he confessed.

Good lord if I found my child dead on my basement floor ...keeping the crime scene uncontaminated would be the last thing on my mind. I would go to them and right or wrong I believe I would pick them up....if nothing else first impulse would be hoping they were still alive and could be saved.

I could just hear what people would have said if John Ramsey had left her in the basement and came upstairs or stayed where he was and called for help...that he cared for her so little he left her lying there on the basement floor. sheesh.

I would not take a polygraph either and I would get a lawyer if I was innocent and being accused of the murder of my own child.

Peter Hamilton said:
agree that he certainly looks and acts feminine--but of course wimps can still be killers--Joel Rifkin killed 17 people,but fellow high-schoolers remembered him as nerdy and hey called him the turtle--Therewas a serialkiller in Alaska who killed ten women,and he was extremely nerdy--The gay serial killer Braunmeister was also quite wimpy and feminine
Dennis Nilson was a serial killer of men and he was described as wimpy. Sometimes they harbour deep resentment and anger.

Maybe So said:
Good lord if I found my child dead on my basement floor ...keeping the crime scene uncontaminated would be the last thing on my mind. I would go to them and right or wrong I believe I would pick them up....if nothing else first impulse would be hoping they were still alive and could be saved.

I could just hear what people would have said if John Ramsey had left her in the basement and came upstairs or stayed where he was and called for help...that he cared for her so little he left her lying there on the basement floor. sheesh.

I would not take a polygraph either and I would get a lawyer if I was innocent and being accused of the murder of my own child.
Yes - I would get a lawyer...but I wouldn't refuse to answer police questions. I would just take my lawyer in with me. Then again, this is the UK. If I refused to be interviewed by police, they would arrest me for obstruction of justice.

I would never refuse a lie-detector test,even in the Ramsey's circumstances--I would have done exactly what Polly Klaas's father did--Okay,hook me up,take my blood,my DNA,take my fingerprints--do anything you want--I would never have acted like the Ramseys did--never

newtv said:
he may have been in the house for hours waiting for them to come home-he could have written the note while waiting..he could have been inthe house on a prior occassion and taken the notepad..part of a cover up for him-what better thing to do then make it look like its the parents.

True.....

Okay, I think I've read where he is a "child molester" - is this his MO????
Or is JBR the only one he planned to kidnap and hold for ransom????

Jayelles said:
The DNA being a match has not been confirmed - maybe that will happen at the press conference this afternoon.
How long does it actually take to process a DNA match? I doubt it's like on tv where they swab your mouth and have an answer in 5 minutes..

I found out last night that Karr quit a student teaching job at the elementary school I attended in Alabama due to being questioned about possible inappropriate behavior with students.
http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060816/BREAKING/60816005
This was 3 years after the murder (and many years after I was there). "Student teachers" are university students who are working towards a degree in education.

poco said:
True.....

Okay, I think I've read where he is a "child molester" - is this his MO????
Or is JBR the only one he planned to kidnap and hold for ransom????
i think the charge is child *advertiser censored* over the net..he fled from the arrest once released from jail.
but there was no *advertiser censored* on the ramseys computer..all i am saying is look at it logically-he is more likley a candidate for wht happened than the ramseys who have no criminal background -before - during or after.
He on the other hand went from possibly killing her to *advertiser censored* on the net and then fled the charges..he is more a criminal then the ramseys based on fact.

Peter Hamilton said:
I would never refuse a lie-detector test,even in the Ramsey's circumstances--I would have done exactly what Polly Klaas's father did--Okay,hook me up,take my blood,my DNA,take my fingerprints--do anything you want--I would never have acted like the Ramseys did--never
so would I, meaning i would take one but thats not enuf to convict them..(in a court)..and after that its opinion which we are all entitled to.
John Walsh thinks they are innocent and i have alot of respect for him.

newtv said:
i think the charge is child *advertiser censored* over the net..he fled from the arrest once released from jail.
but there was no *advertiser censored* on the ramseys computer..all i am saying is look at it logically-he is more likley a candidate for wht happened than the ramseys who have no criminal background -before - during or after.
He on the other hand went from possibly killing her to *advertiser censored* on the net and then fled the charges..he is more a criminal then the ramseys based on fact.

I am trying to look at it logically, thus all the questions, etc. Still, though, my hinky meter is all over the place!

I think I heard the PC is at noon - ET... Now, does anyone know who long it would take to get a DNA match?????

newtv said:

I so agree with you Newtv....I never thought John or Patsy were guilty....no matter how much I read I could not beleive they did this.....As for the Ransom note, I can't explain that, The amount.....etc......I have tried to think how this guy John Karr would know what to put in the ranson note....Hmmmmmmm.
"This is my opinion ...."

SchnauzerMom said:
How long does it actually take to process a DNA match? I doubt it's like on tv where they swab your mouth and have an answer in 5 minutes..

I found out last night that Karr quit a student teaching job at the elementary school I attended in Alabama due to being questioned about possible inappropriate behavior with students.
http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060816/BREAKING/60816005
This was 3 years after the murder (and many years after I was there). "Student teachers" are university students who are working towards a degree in education.
it would depend
in this case it might not be long cuz they have a dna workup--and then its a matter of getting his..one part of it is done already-the JB side.
he may also have one on file that just needs to be compared or has laready been compared..if he was charged with a sex crime maybe he already has a profile.

Peter Hamilton said:
Though I don't believe the Ramsey's guilty for any of this, I DO blame them for hindering the investigation. You are absolutely right in what you say... IF the Ramsey's had been more cooperative in order to be eliminated quicker, they may have found Jon Benet's killer much, much sooner!

poco said:
I am trying to look at it logically, thus all the questions, etc. Still, though, my hinky meter is all over the place!

I think I heard the PC is at noon - ET... Now, does anyone know who long it would take to get a DNA match?????
i wasnt suggesting u were not looking at it logicaly-its kind of a rhetorical statement I am making to myself.

So what did they have to hide if they didn't kill their daughter?

MagicRose99 said:
Though I don't believe the Ramsey's guilty for any of this, I DO blame them for hindering the investigation. You are absolutely right in what you say... IF the Ramsey's had been more cooperative in order to be eliminated quicker, they may have found Jon Benet's killer much, much sooner!
I think thats where their social status showed..I really dont think they thot they should be under suspicion -but I think they were used to having things on their terms..I think they behaved in a way people do who have not been humiliated much..money can buy u alot of obedience.
Anyhow-I think they were perplexed and then indignant and then lawyered up out of fear-not becuause they did it but because they knew they didnt and they were not used to being treated as suspects. They may have taken an, "do not even go there -do not even waste your time on that-we know and u shud believe us"' stance.
I truly think it was an upperclass thing they showed-not avoidance to cover up a crime.

narlacat said:
So what did they have to hide if they didn't kill their daughter?
nothing and they didnt think they should have to prove they were not hiding somethng..remember their daughter was dead..unlike Mark Klass who wanted to be eliminated so a search could begin - they may simply not have even understood why they were being harrassed to prove this and that and the next thing.
and there was alot of ego flying around that police department-a lawyer told them that they should not subject themselves to certain things because it looked like LE had fingered them.

poco said:
Me too.....so many questions! One thought I am having...maybe the Ramsey's found her, FREAKED, and thought they would be accused...did the ransom note to cover their butts?

christine2448 said:
Me too.....so many questions! One thought I am having...maybe the Ramsey's found her, FREAKED, and thought they would be accused...did the ransom note to cover their butts?

Personally, I can't see them doing that.

If I found my child dead in the basement, the first thing I would do would be to pick her/him up and scream at the top of my lungs - yes, I would destroy valuable crime scene evidence - but I wouldn't be thinking clearly at that time.

Then I would have called the police - ransom note or no ransom note - I wouldn't even think I was a possible suspect. I would be freaking....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back