ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the silly goose got too caught up in the enjoyment of the unspeakable acts he was committing and, in an unedited version, allowed his face shown on camera. As this horrific act was the epitome of him carrying out his most twisted sexual desires, I believe he would want to keep an unedited version and "Little Luka" probably is most responsive when "big Luka's" face is shown...

Well that could be true but from a legal perspective I really want to know if they can tie him to that video for certain, a few have stated that they can but I dont see how that can be the case unless they can see his face in the unedited version but I have not seen anyone official suggest that is the case yet it was stated here in several posts that he can be seen in it. Where did that information come from is my question.

<modsnip>
Warning amateur forensic opinion don't read if squeemish:

I don't really see Luka dismembering females (as in identified as female at birth).

Having said that I was surprised at the dismemberment thing too. The cuts appeared to be clean, real clean with no hesitation marks. Just seered through the bone maybe with a power saw? (I can't review the video because the major gore sites are getting heat from their web hosts and pulling the video... temporarily). This happened in an apartment? I guess power saws could be used but would make a lot of noise. Worse case -- building manager shows up and makes a frowny face and says keep down the noise.

Generally dismemberment involves the joints, deal with the muscle/tissue and break the joint (I know this following a dismemberment case an researching the rendering of deer).

The throat cut was also very very clean, like....errmmmm...either the body was washed off after or already deceased, obviously the later.

I completely agree the dismembered arm thing seemed odd. I am not sure what I can and can't say without getting mod snipped, just talking about the known facts of the case here.

It is very likely that ones genes determine how they deal with and respond to, the environment.

Some people are abused, sexually and/or otherwise, growing up, and when they are adults they become abusers themselves to dismay of everyone since they of all people should know the pain it causes others but they become abusers anyway, whereas others who are abused become adults would never do such a thing or even consider it because they indeed know the pain it brings to a person. This is likely due to genes and those genes playing a role in how one responds to environmental factors.

or it's due to some people being exposed to 'good' influences and others not so much

this debate could go on and on (& already has) ... like James' therapist said - it's the chicken/egg argument

IMO the silly goose got too caught up in the enjoyment of the unspeakable acts he was committing and, in an unedited version, allowed his face shown on camera. As this horrific act was the epitome of him carrying out his most twisted sexual desires, I believe he would want to keep an unedited version and "Little Luka" probably is most responsive when "big Luka's" face is shown...

I don't think he cared to hide his face. This wasn't frenzied. He wasn't in a rush. He wasn't excited about it. There is not one scene in the "sampler" that indicates he's into what he's doing. He was just doing something he thought of as necessary to get an end result. I'm sure he would have edited a "full" version of the video when a buyer or time was right, to keep his face out. But only to make it more interesting. He fancies himself a manipulator. But I get the impression this guy couldn't program a VCR.

It doesn't matter to me if LM was abused and how it played into what he did. The fact that he took off after the crime shows he knew it was wrong.

To understand a serial killer and why they do things well that is another story. James stated his life story, however James by all accounts that I can see has empathy, emotions, and was not narcissistic whereas LM without a doubt was narcissistic.

The only thing I think the unedited version shows is him actually dismembering the body as you do not see that in the edited version, you only see the non-dismembered body then a cut away and suddenly the body is dismembered, he likely edited that out because it would take a long time and a lot of work to dismember the arms, legs, head etc that is not easy to do and would likely require more tools than just the little steak knife that he uses to play around with in the edited version.

He may have slipped up and showed his face in it, that is possible, I would just like to know where the posters who have suggested such got that info, for my own notes.

It is not that I doubt the posters I just want to document that for my own research.

It doesn't matter to me if LM was abused and how it played into what he did. The fact that he took off after the crime shows he knew it was wrong.

To understand a serial killer and why they do things well that is another story. James stated his life story, however James by all accounts that I can see has empathy, emotions, and was not narcissistic whereas LM without a doubt was narcissistic.

That is a good point but he also didnt try and hide, he was at a bar partying and talking to people while his face was on every news channel and the front of every newspaper, he openly went to internet cafes etc. Certainly not the behavior of someone living in fear of getting caught because he did something very bad. I think a case could be made that he is not criminally responsible because of insanity and a case could be made otherwise, I could effectively argue both sides of that to some degree of success.

Well that could be true but from a legal perspective I really want to know if they can tie him to that video for certain, a few have stated that they can but I dont see how that can be the case unless they can see his face in the unedited version but I have not seen anyone official suggest that is the case yet it was stated here in several posts that he can be seen in it. Where did that information come from is my question.

The Canadian legal system is something that I am looking forward to better understanding. I am embarrassed by the ethnocentric ignorance I currently have about the in's and out's of Canada's system of justice and the wheels that make it turn. While we export and seem to flood Canadians with our media, we rarely take the opportunity to learn about them. The film Canadian Bacon is a great illustration of American ignorance about Canada.

Based on your legal background and what you shared with me PAX, you've learned much more about the Canadian legal burden of proof that must be met for conviction and the manner which they conduct legal cases. Therefore I give the points you raised much more weight in my mind.

I have seen several people state that the authorities have now for certain determined that it is Luka in the video. This is NOT apparent in the edited version and the assumption is that in the unedited version that the authorities have he can be seen. I have found NO reports that indicates this but it has been stated here as fact several times, so can anyone show me a report where it indicates that he can be SEEN in the unedited version and the authorities have FOR CERTAIN tied him to the video, because I dont believe that is the case.

I am looking for stuff myself but not finding anything yet.

I believe that it was stated in the press release after the arrest, as that is where details of the RAW video were released. Police would not have issued an arrest warrant without evidence implicating Eric.

He may have slipped up and showed his face in it, that is possible, I would just like to know where the posters who have suggested such got that info, for my own notes.

It is not that I doubt the posters I just want to document that for my own research.

It is a given that there was more video, lots more. I don't think for a minute Luka spent hours in that bathroom and didn't videotape any of it, that part was hard work. Perhaps the video taken in the bathroom didn't focus enough on HIM so that part was edited out?

I think the problem LE might have is this: They have LM on video clearly in the act, however his attorney will argue that someone force him, it is not LM but a look alike, and on the charges of uploading the video they have to authenticate he actually uploaded. This tells me they found a data disc or found it online the unedited version.

I am wondering if he didn't have a photobucket account that we are not aware of where the video was set private. This way he could rewatch the video any place he can get online.

I'm kind of thinking outloud again so I'm all over the place.

That is a good point but he also didnt try and hide, he was at a bar partying and talking to people while his face was on every news channel and the front of every newspaper, he openly went to internet cafes etc. Certainly not the behavior of someone living in fear of getting caught because he did something very bad. I think a case could be made that he is not criminally responsible because of insanity and a case could be made otherwise, I could effectively argue both sides of that to some degree of success.
if reports are correct, he left is cell phone in car in order for the cops to follow it (something like that) he left stuff in his hotel room, he wore glasses, a wig, and was in a different country were he thought he wouldn't be recognized as easy with his glasses, or wig on.

If you find it I would appreciate a link. There had to be a WHOLE lot more video of that situation. Not sure it will be released, Armin had a whole lot of video and 10 years later to my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong) it has never been released.

I have never heard of the Armin video going public either. There was that movie "Grimm Love." You see that?

Just watched about 8 videos, and I cannot find it yet. Unfortunately, no linky......I stinky.

I do recall (absolutely) that this male criminologist stated verbatim that "the video went on for over an hour."

Will give it a few more tries, then I give up.

You know, an unedited copy could exist somewhere with somebody. Never know.

If it did, I doubt the person/s would ever risk uploading it. Maybe though. Anything's possible.

I believe that it was stated in the press release after the arrest, as that is where details of the RAW video were released. Police would not have issued an arrest warrant without evidence implicating Eric.

I thought they had CCTV footage of him dropping the black bags outside, which also contained papers and documents identifying him, plus film of him appearing to send the parcels, plus it happened at his appartment. I would have thought that together would be grounds for arrest on suspicion of murder.

I have never heard of the Armin video going public either. There was that movie "Grimm Love." You see that?

Just watched about 8 videos, and I cannot find it yet. Unfortunately, no linky......I stinky.

I do recall (absolutely) that this male criminologist stated verbatim that "the video went on for over an hour."

Will give it a few more tries, then I give up.

You know, an unedited copy could exist somewhere with somebody. Never know.

If it did, I doubt the person/s would ever risk uploading it. Maybe though. Anything's possible.

I wouldn't waste your energy on it, Livingstone. If it was out there it would've blown up by now. I don't think we'll ever see it.

if reports are correct, he left is cell phone in car in order for the cops to follow it (something like that) he left stuff in his hotel room, he wore glasses, a wig, and was in a different country were he thought he wouldn't be recognized as easy with his glasses, or wig on.

I read in an MSM report (sorry no link) that he threw his phone in a rubbish bin in the Paris metro. However, the phone was found by a cleaner and used, leading police to think he was still in Paris when he was actually in Berlin.

He left it in a subway car in the Paris Metro.

Oh wait, is Candian law the same as the US as in, in a court of law, if LE cannot autenticate the video it will be deem unmissable in court?

I thought they had CCTV footage of him dropping the black bags outside, which also contained papers and documents identifying him, plus film of him appearing to send the parcels, plus it happened at his appartment. I would have thought that together would be grounds for arrest on suspicion of murder.
You are exactly correct. :)

I'm sure that there is plenty of evidence. We also have heard from police that they have the RAW video. If it was someone other than Eric Newman committing the murder, we would have heard about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel