ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Helene Di Salvo

http://clindoeil.canoe.com/societe/article1/2006/04/03/1518221-cd.html

Google translate: (I think you'll get the gist of what is said in the above article lol)

since she took care of Dave Hilton back in 2001, it has continued to see Helene Di Salvo, a Crown prosecutor in the news. But who is she? At 16, during his visit to the courthouse with other students at his college, she had "a thunderbolt". Upon entering the courtroom, she knew, she says. She never doubted her career choice. "It's the human side of criminal law that attracted me." Seventeen years after graduating, the passion is still to go. The hardest? "I see people in pain." His patter and sense of fun make it immediately sympathetic. "It's important to have a sense of humor," she said. And to do that, nothing like a girls dinner! "It's a great gang to the Crown. It is also seen outside the office. "At 40, she still believes in all justice. "I am very proud and very happy to be where I am.".

This is the other prosecutor:

470_meunierstory_110623.jpg

One of the many cases he prosecuted.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...mtl_meunier_110623/20110623/?hub=MontrealHome

Yes, like many others have, I stumbled upon that early in my online sleuthing of this case. It gave the impression that Luka was highly intelligent and perhaps misunderstood. But other things I've learned and seen since then give quite a different impression. As others have mentioned here on the forum, Luka often lifted the words of others, pretending they were his own. Just now I tried to do a google search for one of the more verbose sentences on the front page of his website, and didn't come up with a primary source but that doesn't mean that it's non-existent. At best, Luka has a brilliant but rigid mind coupled with a very cold heart. But I suspect that his obsession with all things appearance-oriented has severely limited his intellect.

I strongly disagree with your assessments of LRM's IQ and intelligence.

A proper reply is coming to your earlier post.

Where are these references? I'm very curious. I only recall the obvious, like Basic Instinct and American Psycho.
***SPOILER GRAPHIC CONTENT****

American Psycho: Song True Faith by New Order
Basic Instinct: ice pick victim in bed
Seven: body parts in a package were sent by mail
Silence of the lambs: killer ate the victim using a knife and fork. where is the head? hidden ( in a car storage preserved in a jar )
Sopranos: there is one episode where the guys dismember a corpse to get rid of the body, they cut everything in pieces

there is more but I can't remember now, I've read so much from so many sources, someone mentioned there is something about To Die For also but I could be wrong. Also I never watched the infamous 1lunatic 1ice pick video, I've only read the description but I recognize some references in this crime from several movies.

I'm guessing that his intelligence quotient is in the bright (but not genius) range (115-135) for a number of reasons:

1. his mind would become sharpened and hyper-vigilant due to his stressful, dangerous lifestyle

2. it seems that he knew a fair amount of both French and Russian. and he might have taught himself what he did know.

3. there is a tremendous amount of fantasy and imagination that went into his personas and his methods. he seems more the organized offender with an elaborate imagination than the disorganized offender.

4. while his online presence might create a sense of idiocy in some regards, it seems to have mostly been smoke and mirrors so our assessment of his intellect (via grammar and sentence structure) should not be based directly off these online writings

5. his writing reflects that he lacks higher education but it says almost nothing about his fluid intellect

6. he doesn't look dumb. i realize this is a vague point but mentally challenged people don't have that kind of poise. neither am I saying that he's got grace. he just doesn't look like an imbecile.

7. he traveled the world to some degree (yes, he doctored some travel photos but not all) and explored many alternate lifestyle choices, which seems to betray a curiosity and independence that would allow for higher intellect.

8. supposedly he was computer savvy enough to use proxies and the deep web. sure, anyone could use them but your average person is usually not going to be that aware of these things because of it being challenging to navigate initially.

The things that I believe prevented him from having a genius iq are a one-track obsessiveness, lack of an environment that would have nurtured his intellect rather than simply heightening his survival skills, emotional rigidity that may or may not have resulted from abuse, and a preference for self-indulgence over learning. Further, he wasn't able to escape the lifestyle that was crushing him; he simply adapted to it and let it warp him whereas someone smarter would have in time realized that there were other options. Drugs might also have played a part though I think the role of drugs in limiting intellect is often overstated.

As for his dignity and compassion and every other virtue, he gets a big fat zero...no, he gets a negative value.

I disagree with much of this. LRM's intelligence appears to me to be no more than average, if that.

Some responses.

1. First, I know of no sound scientific or social science evidence suggesting that intelligence is "honed" by "dangerous lifestyles". Moreover, it seems his life in recent years-- however he was making money-- mostly involved creating a fantasy world online, of lies and disinformation about himself (he may very well be the Internet's Greatest Troll Ever).

2. What evidence do we have that LRM knew a "fair amount" of French and Russian? He lived it Montreal; it's not unusual for someone of even below average intelligence to pick up some passable French in a city where French is the first language. As for Russian, we have no evidence that he could speak any of it. And like much of his false stories, lies, and other disinformation posted online, he plagiarized countless works on his website and many blogs; the "Russian" portions on his site are more likely simply cut-and-pastes from Google Translate. That seems more consistent with his tendency to create false stories about himself, including his "ties" to Russian mafia.

3. This is a personal opinion. I find much of his "imagined" world quite prosaic and most often (like his many blog posts) simply plagiarized or borrowed from movies, pop culture, and other objects of his obsessions: serial killers and violence. His song "True Faith" he uses in so many vids is ripped from American Psycho, and his mirror line (about him being a reflection of society) famously comes from Charles Manson. He lived in a fantasy world, no doubt. But I don't think you needed to be highly intelligent to create the many laughable stories and lies he tells about himself.

LRM seems more often to me, to be a doofus who continually overestimates his own intelligence and persistently underestimates those pursuing him. That's typical of narcissists. And we can see it with the video and how quickly he was caught.

LRM is an attention seeker who quite obviously wanted to be caught; so he left blatant clues in the video (Casablanca) poster; but his execution of the crime was clumsy and laughable that he was caught so much faster than he was expecting. The suitcase clumsily left by his curb; being seen on video surveillance; communicating on his phone in Europe. LRM expected police to link the kill video to him; but it was traditional police work that did him in, and quickly. This is not the result of a brilliant or intelligent mind.

As for the rest -- all of his online posts should be treated with skepticism, as he has a penchant for pathological lying and story telling. Moreover, "Looks" and "Travel" are not a statistically significant association with intelligence. And I don't think it takes a genius to figure out how to negotiate the Internet, create YouTube pages, and troll blogs, 4chan, and even to download, install, and set up Tor in order to surf the Deep Web. A person with average intelligence, and the interest, could figure it out; especially given the amount of time that LRM obviously spent online. This was his world.

===

Due to a sampling bias, early research on psychopathy incorrectly found that psychopaths were typically above average intelligence. Subsequent research has shown no such association. Psychopaths come from a range of intelligence and IQ. People should not make the mistake of assuming LRM must be brilliant because he's a narcissistic psychopath who often lies about his own intelligence and IQ.

My assessment is that LRM is of fairly average intelligence, with a high degree of narcissism that leads him to overestimate his own intelligence and capabilities (and underestimate others). That is typical of a psychopath.

It is true that, at times, LRM writes more intelligently than others; but whenever that seems to be the case, someone reveals that his more "intelligent" writing has been copied or plagiarized from somewhere else.

Boodi Moovan was on here the other day talking about her group had gone through hi website and sourced pretty much all his more "original" and more intelligent writing to other people and sources. That is, he plagiarized everything.

My theory, as previously stated, is that he's ultimately an attention seeker, which is necessary to feed his psychopathic egoism. So, as with his animal torture videos, he really did want the kill video to eventually be linked back to him, so he could have the fame (like other notorious serial killers); hence the YouTube sockpuppets posting about "1 Lunatic, 1 Icepick" before it was even made.

LRM expected the video to eventually be linked back to him; he just figured he would be long gone by then. He wasn't expecting the police to link him to the murder so quickly, via the torso & suitcase outside his apartment and surveillance videos from his apartment.

His clumsiness and missteps led to his capture much sooner than he expected. Proving, again, his average capacity.

Silence of the lambs: where is the head? hidden (in the movie is in a car storage preserved in a jar )
Sopranos: there is one episode where the guys dismember a corpse to get rid of the body, they cut everything in pieces

there is more but I can't remember now, I've read so much from so many sources, someone mentioned there is something about To Die For also but I could be wrong. Also I never watched the infamous 1lunatic 1ice pick video, I've only read the description but I recognize some references in this crime from several movies.

I agree with your list. Also, Hannibal or Silence of the Lambs from eating his victim (using a knife and fork). I was also thinking he could have gone through the seven deadly sins as well (the closet message i.e. If you don't like what you see...PRIDE?) I can't place ENVY though.

You know, this case sucked me in, as well. You know what I have learned over the past few weeks of research, sleuthing, etc? That there are A LOT of people much sicker than Luka Magnotta in this world. I have discovered and seen things that I would have never imagined were really going on in the world outside of horror movie sets. I have become scared - I haven't been able to sleep well, I'm frightened to go for a walk in the dark, and I set my home alarm before sunset. I can't believe that so many dangerous sickos live, work, and walk amongst us. Since this realization, Luka seems like nothing more than a caricature to me. He's like the watered-down comic book version
of something larger and much, much worse.

[bbm]

I find that description spot-on.

I agree with your list. Also, Hannibal or Silence of the Lambs from eating his victim (using a knife and fork). I was also thinking he could have gone through the seven deadly sins as well (the closet message i.e. If you don't like what you see...PRIDE?) I can't place ENVY though.

Oh yes I forgot about the eating part and the closet message.
I'm sure there is more stuff related but I can't recall now, in some forums they mentioned some horror movie with necrophilia that was apparently banned that could be also a source of inspiration and another one with cannibalism. I'll come back with more info if I can find the source...

Good morning all! So strange that his hair and eyebrows are darker than his mugshot from when he was apprehended in Germany. As someone else commented earlier, he may have gotten ahold of a sharpie to color in his eyebrows...hahaha! But to me, it looks like he was able to color his hair? He should have some roots showing if he didn't color his hair, and it is definitely uniformly darker.

Watching the close up video of him, I kept expecting him to turn to the camera and say, "just want to say hi to all my fans".....

Thinking of Jun Lin's family and hoping for swift justice.

. I was also thinking he could have gone through the seven deadly sins as well (the closet message i.e. If you don't like what you see...PRIDE?) I can't place ENVY though.

the closet message could be also a reference to The Shining, REDRUM (murder spelled backwards) written in red childish handwriting.

. I was also thinking he could have gone through the seven deadly sins as well (the closet message i.e. If you don't like what you see...PRIDE?) I can't place ENVY though.

the closet message could be also a reference to The Shining, REDRUM (murder spelled backwards) written in red lipstick?

Good morning all! So strange that his hair and eyebrows are darker than his mugshot from when he was apprehended in Germany. As someone else commented earlier, he may have gotten ahold of a sharpie to color in his eyebrows...hahaha! But to me, it looks like he was able to color his hair? He should have some roots showing if he didn't color his hair, and it is definitely uniformly darker.

Watching the close up video of him, I kept expecting him to turn to the camera and say, "just want to say hi to all my fans".....

Thinking of Jun Lin's family and hoping for swift justice.

His hair doesn't look darker, imo.

magnotta-home-1.jpg

http://www.globalwinnipeg.com/suspe...a+due+in+montreal+court/6442663930/story.html

Silence of the lambs: killer ate the victim using a knife and fork. where is the head? hidden ( in a car storage preserved in a jar )

Isn't there Necrophilia scenes in A Serbian Movie to.

LM wrote (copy/paste) a review on this movie here: http://www.orble.com/luka-magntota-serbian-film/

1m CBC News Alerts ‏@CBCAlerts
Luka #Magnotta set to face charges in Montreal court today . Will likely appear via video link. http://bit.ly/Mrcd6n

I agree. His hair looks the same, however it does seem they allowed him to darken his brows so he could be 'devastatingly good looking' for his red carpet walk from the plane to the jail.

Whoa! I kept thinking he had photoshopped those wooly black caterpillars onto his brow in his "devastatingly handsome" pics. They looked so, so, inky and didn't reflect any light.

But they're baaaaack. My vote? Sharpie marker. If he starts doing the Sharpie lipliner, too, ima think he is getting ready for the pokey. He's been Russian (uh huh), Italian ( right-o) and now he's going Chola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway