ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I shouldn't have posted, :) I have lots of info that I haven't added but since it is already determined that it is not, I'll keep writing in the other forum I was writing before. :)

Respectfully, I find it really distasteful for anyone other than LE to be checking the online activities of the Victim. He did nothing wrong and even after death is entitled to privacy, and even more so, RESPECT. It is possible he did somethings online that were risky behavior...who among us has not? Maybe even some of those activities led to his murder. That is for LE to determine. I think it is grossly inappropraite for any of us to offer up details of this tragic man's life this way. Just my Opinion. Please allow Lin Jun to REST IN PEACE.

Just as a side, and I know this is not the focus, but on youtube Beavis is saying some pretty heavy things that should be garnering LE attention.

luka magnotta - YouTube

Yeah, there has been a lot of previous discussion of Beavis Butthead in earlier threads. Here's something I previously posted:

Originally Posted by thedissent View Post
Yes, there is no question that this is the "Beavis Butthead"

His youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc37CtjNQHaX1o10AJ0Uoiw

As griffon points out, the comments are very, very, similar to Beavis Butthead's comments.

Moreover, at Reply 255 (of the DataLounge Thread), the "Anonymous" poster talks about Kris Sims:

Source: http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/io...ad,11631297,13

Kris Sims is that Toronto Sun News reporter that "Beavis Butthead" has targeted and defamed with posts and videos on his Youtube channel.

No question, that is Beavis Butthead.

I know that we have to now conclude that BB is not LRM, but I wonder if he is more involved than just being a first class troll?

Early on when I was following Beavis Butthead's youtube.com channel, in his comment feed he had an old comment (from maybe a few weeks ago) on a video of posted by another youtube user, which appeared to show someone with a facial tic problem. The video was posted by the user "Stldetrl" (http://www.youtube.com/user/Stldetrl), and it was almost certainly a video of LRM.

The bizarre thing, was that the video only had like 10 views and Beavis Butthead commented on it, thanking another commentator for posting a comment. It seemed almost as if Beavis Butthead had forgotten to log into the proper sockpuppet with the comment.

Both the video, and the comment, however, are now gone. But many posters to Beavis Butthead's youtube channel saw it. For example, one person posted this comment to Stldetrl's page:

See it here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Stldetrl/feed?filter=1

Basically, I thought Beavis Butthead's bizarre questions about the case on his Youtube channel-- many of which mirrored statements made on obvious LRM sockpuppet accounts-- along with the randomness of Beavis Butthead posting a comment on an obscure video of a LRM (with a facial tic!) suggested he was LRM.

With LRM arrested and BB still posting, he's obviously not LRM-- but he seems much closer to this than your average troll. I mean, why is spamming his questions to youtube, and now the data lounge? Why the weird complimentary posts, "rating" LRM's looks? Why delete the comment on the LRM facial tic video?

I also found BB's comments about the case, very similar to comments about videos uploaded to the HollyWoodLoveLetters Youtube account, which other websleuths have flagged as potential LRM sockpuppets.

Unfortunately, HollywoodLoveLetters' videos are now private; so it cant' be LRM making these changes to accounts via a Berlin prison...

Now, we've learned that HollywoodLoveLetters was a creation by that animal rights group. But Beavis Butthead is still out there posting. He seems like more than your average troll. He seems almost delusional in his posting, and writes both fondly of LRM, as if he knows personal details.

Beavis Butthead was also linked in the earlier thread to an Anonymous poster on a LGB site, where he was also trashing Kris Sims (Toronto Sun News reporter) and writing similar things to Beavis Butthead on his YouTube channel; as well as LRM's own blog posts elsewhere.

See: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

No, I just think it is people's right to make those decisions for themselves and when you and those who dont like it can tell me who gets to decide for the rest of us what is good and bad then we can have this conversation again, I dont know of anyone I trust to make those decisions for everyone else. I guess we could appoint the Dali Lama or something in a pinch but last I checked the Buddhists, like me, arent in to deciding what is good for everyone else, that seems to be something Christianity and Islam holds a monopoly on.

We should abolish the legal system altogether then following that logic.
I think that's called anarchy is it not?

Buddhism does allow freedom to decide for oneself. I thought that the evolution of ones soul requires making the right choices though, the ethical choices that hurt no-one else. Is that the case here?

I'm agnostic because I'm not disciplined enough to be Buddhist but I admire you guys.....even when we disagree :)

No word on the head yet and I sure would like to know what this idiot did with it. I am sure there is more to come.

This guy...no words.

I speculated yesterday that someone like Magnotta would likely want to retain mementos (in addition to the videos) of his past acts. Given his history of frequently changing residences, I would raise the possibility that he has a secret place (most likely a storage unit under an alias) where he stores all of his trophies. I suspect he would consider human remains to be trophies. If you remember Hannibal Lecter's storage unit was leased for ten years and the contract was pre-paid in full and in the name of 'Miss Hester Mofet."

I speculated yesterday that someone like Magnotta would likely want to retain mementos (in addition to the videos) of his past acts. Given his history of frequently changing residences, I would raise the possibility that he has a secret place (most likely a storage unit under an alias) where he stores all of his trophies. I suspect he would consider human remains to be trophies. If you remember Hannibal Lecter's storage unit was leased for ten years and the contract was pre-paid in full and in the name of 'Miss Hester Mofet."

Do you really think LCM was that organize in his thinking? This had to be the most inept murder and escape I have ever seen. On the same day the body parts were discovered, we already knew who he was and where he was going. In fact if the entire thing wasn't so tragic, it would be a joke. He may as well have laid down breadcrumbs for LE to follow. Somehow I don't think he's the trophy type.

Hello All,

First-time commenter here. The link above is to my youtube page. In an attempt to keep somewhat anonymous, I posted under the user-names of Shane Taylor, Shane Tucker, and Eric Newman (very poor judgment on my part, the last one was removed).

These videos are NOT Pro-Luka. I don't know Magnotta and am not associated with him in any way.

Like many on this site, I follow true-crime cases like this. This case concerns me for a couple of reasons. There is ALOT of misinformation being published. There is alot of aggressive rhetoric online without a counter-message that every suspect should get their day in court. It will not be to anyone's advantage if an unbalanced spectator shoots & kills Luka on his way into the courtroom. We need a trial so we can properly sort evidence and get the true story of what happened here.

Magnotta spent his life trying to be famous and when that didn't work out, he settled for infamy. Magnotta himself is part of the reason we have so much misinformation. He wants us to believe he is a “*advertiser censored*-Star, Cannibal, Serial killer.” (Hence why he uploaded these headlines a month before the murder.) However, do we have evidence that he is any of these? Not yet. Have we ruled out that he acted alone? Not yet. Have we confirmed that Magnotta is the one in the murder video? Not yet.

My only point is that we need to tone down rhetoric, reserve our judgments, and collect the facts as they come. I hope not to offend anyone with this message.

Welcome to the forum.

I certainly agree that everybody is entitled to their day in court, and also that there is much hot air and misinformation being published hastily. I always appreciate a voice of skepticism, in fact I usually am the voice of skepticism. However, I see no reason here to doubt that this young man is guilty of murder and other crimes.

You make a good point about toning down the rhetoric and looking at the facts though. That's what I always try to do, and in my experience the same is true of most other posters here.

The note that accompanied the foot mailed to the Conservative Party claimed that there were a total of six body parts mailed, correct?

Four have reached their destinations, it would seem, although the last two arrived a bit late. Were these mailed later? I understand the geography of Canada, but the two arrived a full week later. Why?

Also, what on earth was in the refrigerator--limbs sans hands and feet? Sorry for the morbid questions, but something doesn't add up.

At first I guessed that the initial note that mentioned six packages was just more insanity from the Maggot himself, but after the two arrivals yesterday, that doesn't appear to be true.

Any thoughts on this?

Mail delivery within Canada is incredibly slow. It travels by truck (vs. air) and based on what I have seen in the past through tracking, a parcel makes numerous stops along the way.
I mailed a package to Quebec (from Vancouver) on May 28th, it just arrived at it's destination yesterday.
edit to add: the timing on my package was probably better than average (it had a business label with barcode which tend to move more quickly. )

Seeing that head in the jar in that movie creeped me out the most!!

Again....Casablanca poster...his trophy...I know it. It "saw" all the things he did.
Can't wait to find out where it is.

Do you really think LCM was that organize in his thinking? This had to be the most inept murder and escape I have ever seen. On the same day the body parts were discovered, we already knew who he was and where he was going. In fact if the entire thing wasn't so tragic, it would be a joke. He may as well have laid down breadcrumbs for LE to follow. Somehow I don't think he's the trophy type.

Yes, I think that the trophies from his past are very important to him and he has a secret place where he can enjoy what he considers to be his accomplishments. Everything about his personality would support that in my opinion.

TO TRY TO GET US BACK ON TRACK:

As we know Luka Rocco Magnotta is not his given name but the name he chose for himself. Given the way we have tirelessly analyzed the various screen names he has used, I am curious:

Has anyone determined the significance of the name Luka Rocco Magnotta?
If not, what might it be?

I believe the Magnotta is from a prominent family with a winery. In googling the name Rocco this popped up http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090124165233AA3YEcL Not sure who the person means and I have to start dinner so I can't research now, but either there is a famous *advertiser censored* star with the name Rocco, or LRM was asking under the name of Jennifer if Rocco is a good name.

Funny because Rocco and Magnotta are Italian. Luca spelled with a C is Italian (it's the short version of the Italian name Luciano). There is no "K" in the Italian alphabet.

Luca is also Greek.

Hello All,

First-time commenter here. The link above is to my youtube page. In an attempt to keep somewhat anonymous, I posted under the user-names of Shane Taylor, Shane Tucker, and Eric Newman (very poor judgment on my part, the last one was removed).

These videos are NOT Pro-Luka. I don't know Magnotta and am not associated with him in any way.

Like many on this site, I follow true-crime cases like this. This case concerns me for a couple of reasons. There is ALOT of misinformation being published. There is alot of aggressive rhetoric online without a counter-message that every suspect should get their day in court. It will not be to anyone's advantage if an unbalanced spectator shoots & kills Luka on his way into the courtroom. We need a trial so we can properly sort evidence and get the true story of what happened here.

Magnotta spent his life trying to be famous and when that didn't work out, he settled for infamy. Magnotta himself is part of the reason we have so much misinformation. He wants us to believe he is a “*advertiser censored*-Star, Cannibal, Serial killer.” (Hence why he uploaded these headlines a month before the murder.) However, do we have evidence that he is any of these? Not yet. Have we ruled out that he acted alone? Not yet. Have we confirmed that Magnotta is the one in the murder video? Not yet.

My only point is that we need to tone down rhetoric, reserve our judgments, and collect the facts as they come. I hope not to offend anyone with this message.

Shane : Why the site to raise money to support Magnotta's defence? I'd be very interested to learn why you found it important to set that up while Magnotta was still a fugitive.

Look forward to your reply.

Welcome.

Mail delivery within Canada is incredibly slow. It travels by truck (vs. air) and based on what I have seen in the past through tracking, a parcel makes numerous stops along the way.
I mailed a package to Quebec (from Vancouver) on May 28th, it just arrived at it's destination yesterday.

First class mail ( Letters) would be by air to Vancouver

Regular or expedited parcels are shipped by ground travel

You can get packages sent by air but it is expensive.

Oddly enough, my last name is also the last name of a character played by Christopher Walken in a film.

On that note, my real initials --before I got married--were MRL.....the reverse of LRM.

I have no idea why I just shared that......

Seeing that head in the jar in that movie creeped me out the most!!

Again....Casablanca poster...his trophy...I know it. It "saw" all the things he did.
Can't wait to find out where it is.

I wonder if the Casablanca poster has any meaning beyond just being a poster he liked? I don't buy the idea that he stored the head in a secret bolt hole or even that he has a secret bolt hole, he's sent it to someone IMO. I wonder if the poster is a clue.

He most likely expected to still be on the run when the head was discovered. Where would he want to be when the coup de grace of this tragedy reached the public?

That would not surprise me one bit, after what I saw on that video it is clear this guy is capable of anything including the most unspeakable of acts.

edit to add: the timing on my package was probably better than average (it had a business label with barcode which tend to move more quickly. )

Thanks for the explanation. I know the mail in Alaska is slow (my son lives there) but did not know about Canada.

First class mail ( Letters) would be by air to Vancouver

Regular or expedited parcels are shipped by ground travel

You can get packages sent by air but it is expensive.

Thanks Valleyboy, you are correct.

Shane : Why the site to raise money to support Magnotta's defence? I'd be very interested to learn why you found it important to set that up while Magnotta was still a fugitive.

Look forward to your reply.

Welcome.

Me too :) I saw your site and noted today that videos had been removed. I see you are trying to give Luka the benefit of the doubt and I can respect that..but why raising the money for him?? I see that they (the authorities announced a few groups are assisting the Lin family) are raising money for the family of the victim..

I wonder if the Casablanca poster has any meaning beyond just being a poster he liked? I don't buy the idea that he stored the head in a secret bolt hole or even that he has a secret bolt hole, he's sent it to someone IMO. I wonder if the poster is a clue.

He most likely expected to still be on the run when the head was discovered. Where would he want to be when the coup de grace of this tragedy reached the public?

Again, this may be a stretch, but with his narcissism I wouldn't be shocked if he thought he might be able to shift the spotlight away from the Olympics in London. Just a theory, mind you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24