ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeebuz... I take a day off from this and jump back in to find emotions are at full tilt.

I just want to go on record to say that if I ever go missing, my murder is videotaped or otherwise documented, and it is distributed around the internet... I hereby give permission for all WS'ers (especially PrimaFacie, HastingsChi & PAXIMUS) to investigate the heck out of it through any and all means necessary.

I'd see not only as a means to catch my killer but as a "pay-it-forward" effort to educate themselves and others in spotting and preventing it from happening to someone else.

That is MY choice. I would not want anyone to dictate what my wishes are or should be and I would not dictate yours. I also would not dare to assume to know the wishes of anyone who has not personally shared their wishes with me.

Just sayin'...

I wonder if the Casablanca poster has any meaning beyond just being a poster he liked? I don't buy the idea that he stored the head in a secret bolt hole or even that he has a secret bolt hole, he's sent it to someone IMO. I wonder if the poster is a clue.

He most likely expected to still be on the run when the head was discovered. Where would he want to be when the coup de grace of this tragedy reached the public?

That's another thing: if he actually expected not to be caught, it goes a long way in showing how disorganized his thinking was. He left behind a plethora of evidence pointing directly to him, even going so far as to using his OWN passport when he flew to Paris. I don't know where he found enough brain power to premeditate this murder, because its pretty clear he did. Just one more mystery surrounding LCM.

Hello All,

First-time commenter here. The link above is to my youtube page. In an attempt to keep somewhat anonymous, I posted under the user-names of Shane Taylor, Shane Tucker, and Eric Newman (very poor judgment on my part, the last one was removed).

These videos are NOT Pro-Luka. I don't know Magnotta and am not associated with him in any way.

Like many on this site, I follow true-crime cases like this. This case concerns me for a couple of reasons. There is ALOT of misinformation being published. There is alot of aggressive rhetoric online without a counter-message that every suspect should get their day in court. It will not be to anyone's advantage if an unbalanced spectator shoots & kills Luka on his way into the courtroom. We need a trial so we can properly sort evidence and get the true story of what happened here.

Magnotta spent his life trying to be famous and when that didn't work out, he settled for infamy. Magnotta himself is part of the reason we have so much misinformation. He wants us to believe he is a “*advertiser censored*-Star, Cannibal, Serial killer.” (Hence why he uploaded these headlines a month before the murder.) However, do we have evidence that he is any of these? Not yet. Have we ruled out that he acted alone? Not yet. Have we confirmed that Magnotta is the one in the murder video? Not yet.

My only point is that we need to tone down rhetoric, reserve our judgments, and collect the facts as they come. I hope not to offend anyone with this message.

Waitaminute, waitaminute.

So you are the Shane Tucker/Shane Taylor who started a "Microgiving" campaign to raise money for Luka Magnotta's "defense fund" ?

See: http://www.microgiving.com/profile/thisisgoingtobebig
See https://donors.microgiving.com/widget.php?opt=h&udid=22294

Yes, I see that in your YouTube Channel above (Shane Taylor) you refer to it in a comment:

Now that Luka is in custody...can we all calm down and think rationally?? The link in my profile is Luka's defense fund....If you believe in your OWN right to a fair trial, please make a small donation

And in a comment on your profile:

Luka Magnotta is INNOCENT until PROVEN Guilty http://www.microgiving.com/profile/thisisgoingtobebig

I agree that people need to be objective.... but you're trying to raise money for his legal defense. That seems like you're a little closer to the case than distant and objective. Why would you do that? How do you know LRM needs the money for his legal defense? Did LRM ask you for your help?

I just want to go on record to say that if I ever go missing, my murder videotaped or otherwise documented, and it is distributed around the internet... I hereby give permission for all WS'ers (especially PrimaFacie, HastingsChi & PAXIMUS) to investigate the heck out of it through any and all means necessary.

I'd see not only as a means to catch my killer but as a "pay-it-forward" effort to educate themselves and others in spotting and preventing it from happening to someone else.

That is MY choice. I would not want anyone to dictate what my wishes are or should be and I would not dictate yours. I also would not dare to assume to know the wishes of anyone who has not personally shared their wishes with me.

Just sayin'...

I second that 110%.

Do you really think LCM was that organize in his thinking? This had to be the most inept murder and escape I have ever seen. On the same day the body parts were discovered, we already knew who he was and where he was going. In fact if the entire thing wasn't so tragic, it would be a joke. He may as well have laid down breadcrumbs for LE to follow. Somehow I don't think he's the trophy type.

What a trophy he is for the Forensic Psychiatrists at the Pinel Institute though. :what:

I am sorry if this has already been discussed ( there are so many threads here, it is hard to keep up :) -
The mom has some photos posted of her and Luka on her MySpace, I really wasn't getting the impression that they didn't get along? It *appeared* to me that they were both happy, did some traveling together. I just wonder if anything that he has said about his family can be believed?
I used *appeared* as I guess we all know by know how misleading a picture can be.

Again, this may be a stretch, but with his narcissism I wouldn't be shocked if he thought he might be able to shift the spotlight away from the Olympics in London. Just a theory, mind you!

I was thinking London too, but more about the Jubilee celebrations. Being a Canadian he would be aware of them most likely.

The Olympics is also a good suggestion. Given his admiration for the Frank character from Criminal Minds, who kidnapped a bus full of children, do you think children might be the target? I don't mean schools, where adults would obviously open the mail, but would he have put Jun Lin's head somewhere where he thought children would be the ones to find it?

I would prefer nobody see the video again, as I have said before my only worry is that those who support its censorship are allowing those who have a very perverted agenda to create the kind of legal precedent they would love to have to push that agenda, this case and the fear it has generated is already being used by those very freedom hating control freaks to push for more internet snooping laws:

NOTE that before they even knew who sent the body parts they were ready to pin it on their liberal political opponents and those who have disdain for the ultra conservative fascists in power.

This is just how they operate, the play on the fear and insecurity of people to pass more draconian anti-freedom legislation and then justify it by feigning concern for victims rights.

I dont like it and anyone who loves freedom shouldnt either. To use this case to push those sorts of agendas is the ultimate insult to this victim for those of you concerned about victims rights.

Well, I happen to think that Toews is an opportunist and a hypocrite, and his largely irrelevant linking of this case to the extremely invasive bill (one he acknowledged not gavin actually read, btw) is deeply unsavoury. I don't expect he'll get much mileage out of it -- I hope not at least. But as I said previously, I think we need to separate the various rights and freedoms bound up in this case and I hope that this thread, in its way, represents a genuine effort to have that fraught and difficult conversation.

s

Hello Shane, this is the very first case in all of my years where I have been inclined to pass judgement on a person before knowing all of the evidence, I suspect what I saw on that video had the kind of emotional effect on me that led to this and I am not too happy about that because like you I believe very strongly that everyone should have their day in court and that it is up to the state to prove guilt, no one is required by law to prove their innocence. So I would just like to say that I appreciate you being able to keep your head about you wrt this case and try to make sense of what is a very senseless act. I have no doubt there is a lot of misinformation out there and it is good that someone like you is trying to make sure that those things dont get in the way of the facts.

Praximus, are you almost choking? Because I think your tongue is really firmly wedge in your cheek....right???

Sorry, but you are clinging to arguments of freedom which are not valid in this case, and claiming violations of such where none exist. In short, your points are fallacious, weak, and straw man-supported, IMO.

Again, you are free (not sure where you live, but under all laws of truly democratic countries that I know) to view, publish and promote as many fictional depictions of depraved, violent, murderous mutilations as you wish, so long as you do not directly injure (though why you would want to is beyond me...but that's your business, and another matter).

You have no right, however, to commit actual crimes, nor to publish and promote images and audio from said. And this is what we are discussing. An actual crime. With an actual victim.

Why you are pursuing this, and somehow think your right to view this matter is above written law, and supercedes that of the victim and his family not to be further tormented is...

...again, something I cannot understand. But you have to live with yourself. Thankfully, I don't.
How many times do I have to say that I HATE the video, I dont like it and I dont want anyone to watch it? Do you not understand that I hate this video and I have no use whatsoever for it. But who am I to tell others what to do, they have to make their decisions for themselves. And likewise, I live just fine with myself but I wouldnt do very well living with some control freak who wants to tell everyone how to think and act.

Originally Posted by Shane Tucker View Post
Hello All,

First-time commenter here. The link above is to my youtube page. In an attempt to keep somewhat anonymous, I posted under the user-names of Shane Taylor, Shane Tucker, and Eric Newman (very poor judgment on my part, the last one was removed).

These videos are NOT Pro-Luka. I don't know Magnotta and am not associated with him in any way.

Like many on this site, I follow true-crime cases like this. This case concerns me for a couple of reasons. There is ALOT of misinformation being published. There is alot of aggressive rhetoric online without a counter-message that every suspect should get their day in court. It will not be to anyone's advantage if an unbalanced spectator shoots & kills Luka on his way into the courtroom. We need a trial so we can properly sort evidence and get the true story of what happened here.

Magnotta spent his life trying to be famous and when that didn't work out, he settled for infamy. Magnotta himself is part of the reason we have so much misinformation. He wants us to believe he is a “*advertiser censored*-Star, Cannibal, Serial killer.” (Hence why he uploaded these headlines a month before the murder.) However, do we have evidence that he is any of these? Not yet. Have we ruled out that he acted alone? Not yet. Have we confirmed that Magnotta is the one in the murder video? Not yet.

My only point is that we need to tone down rhetoric, reserve our judgments, and collect the facts as they come. I hope not to offend anyone with this message.
Shane : Why the site to raise money to support Magnotta's defence? I'd be very interested to learn why you found it important to set that up while Magnotta was still a fugitive.

Look forward to your reply.

Welcome.

Also, why were you posting "advice" for LRM on that "Eric Newman" account of yours?

Here is the quote:

Luka, you need legal help...The media and the "mindless mob" are trying to convict you before you've been able to defend yourself...I am starting a support group to help raise money for legal defense...**you should stay in hiding**....supporters, please join the narrative

Web Cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...5ykmTTtcUEXDxBzrp2Q+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I am sorry if this has already been discussed ( there are so many threads here, it is hard to keep up :) -
The mom has some photos posted of her and Luka on her MySpace, I really wasn't getting the impression that they didn't get along? It *appeared* to me that they were both happy, did some traveling together. I just wonder if anything that he has said about his family can be believed?
I used *appeared* as I guess we all know by know how misleading a picture can be.

Do you have the link to that account? Thx

GMAB.....He should be thrilled...is in a place where there of lots of men....too bad so sad he is afraid...I am quite sure his victim was afraid also.....get over yourself LRM...you are nothing. IMO

OT: Everytime I click on this thread I see Maggot instead of Magnotta at the top....yeah I need new glasses,lol.

I read the article and immediately thought, "here we go with the theatrics and acting on his part", going to now play the sympathy card:cursing::cursing: He even has his appointed lawyer in Germany thinking how could he have done it, grrrrrr. It would not surprise me in the least if at the last minute he decides that he doesn't want to come back to Canada, yadayada and then the real theatrical show will begin on his part.

Look, I'll dumb it down, and just put it this way, lest I further offend anyone on this site:

Aside from the obvious explanations and justifications (including being actively involved in researching or reporting on a crime, or unwittingly stumbling upon an unsavory site).

Can someone please, possibly explain to me, why they would choose to look at pictures or videos of someone being tortured or killed?

I seriously don't get it. Maybe I'm just missing that chip.

Magpie, I will answer. Although I skimmed through the 5min (roughly) video, I did it when the story first broke that video was online (the story was still developing and the murder in Montreal connection wasn't quite solidified yet, at least to my knowledge), before I was on here, and I did it because, frankly, I didn't believe it and wanted to decide for myself if it was real or a hoax (it was still at the stage of "real or fake?"). That said, I used my mouse to skim through it.

So that's one reason, I guess. I also agree with the poster on here who likened it to it being illegal to view or store CP in Canada. My right to view it does not supercede the right of the victim for some dignity and does not trump the general order of decency in this society. It was vile, shocking, and disturbing, plus a whole host of adjectives that I don't think quite describe its depravity in the English language.

On a similar note, I made the mistake long ago when much of the internet at home was new to me (I actually didn't have a home computer with internet access until 2002) when I watched the Nick Berg beheading. I wanted to wash my eyes out with bleach and the saying "there are things I wish I could unsee" really resonated me - for the first time in my life. I was horrified and traumatized by the video. I was not traumatized by this video to the same extent because what traumatized me most in the Berg video was that he was alive. In this video, the victim was already deceased and my mind's eye wouldn't allow me to detail and visualize what happened prior. That said, I couldn't watch the thing without skimming through. One of the things that really did get close to traumatizing me were the scenes with him cutting into the victim with a knife and fork and involving an animal (I won't get too specific as I think we know what I'm referring to).

Finally, I cannot and will not ever want to see any videos of him killing animals. I am upset that I found stills of it and didn't look away fast enough to register what it was.

Praximus, are you almost choking? Because I think your tongue is really firmly wedge in your cheek....right???

I dont know what you mean, I think Luka is a sick SOB but he deserves as much of a day in court as anyone else, I would be ethically remiss to suggest we just throw him in prison and forget the formalities. He should have a good and rigorous defense and the facts should be what convict and not people's emotions.

You dont really want to suggest otherwise do you?

None of that changes the fact that I think Luka is a sick .

I believe the Magnotta is from a prominent family with a winery. In googling the name Rocco this popped up http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090124165233AA3YEcL Not sure who the person means and I have to start dinner so I can't research now, but either there is a famous *advertiser censored* star with the name Rocco, or LRM was asking under the name of Jennifer if Rocco is a good name.

Rocco Siffredi--The Italian Stallion.

Rocco Siffredi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly, who knows why he did any of the things he did. His mother's name does sound Slavic sounding? Perhaps she has a Russian background?

I did read something about LM being of Russian/Italian heritage. He also had an interest in the mafia. Perhaps he was referring to his background and also wanted a name that would stand out. "Eric Newman" is pretty bland for someone who craved fame to such an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966