ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, once I first realised it was a poster of Casablanca "We'll always have Paris" came to mind. Definatly a clue he wanted to drop on purpose. It had been reported that he enjoyed the movie "Catch Me if You Can", and I'm sure there are countless clues throughout the internet he has dropped. He wanted to be caught, because that's where the big payoff is in his self egotistical claim to fame. As to the many "other" people in several of his photo albums that he has online, as was mentioned earlier, I wonder if any of these people are missing as well.

Oh, and he also played his own stalker in many videos condeming himself. Interesting to play both parts.

Wow. Good catch. I bet the donations are rolling in.

s

Regarding that site which the supposed "defense fund" was established, might someone be able to explain if it is guaranteed that funds collected go to the individual, in this case Magnotta, for his criminal defense???

Are their measures in place to prevent the individual or organization setting up such a fund from simply pocketing the money collected for themselves??

Hello everyone,
I've not posted but have been following this case since it was first posted here and have a couple of questions I've not seen addressed as yet.

If the head is still missing, how did the close friend identify Lin? Tattoo or scar on his torso? How did LE ascertain the victim was Asian? Skin color? Anyone know or read somewhere? Great job everyone and TIA.

May 30: Viewing of the video at 4 a.m. allowed Montreal police to ascertain the victim was Asian. They linked this to a missing person’s report filed May 28 for 33-year-old Concordia University student Lin, who was last seen on May 24. A close friend of Lin later confirms the identity.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...aying+victim/6732562/story.html#ixzz1x35Nl1IN

ETA
I see now that all was done via the video? Oh my, did his parents have to endure that as well?

I am not sure if this has been posted but the group “Find the Kitten Vacuumer … For Great Justice” who have been tracking LM for 2 years have released a great write up documenting the evidence they have against LM for those crimes.

It can be seen here (please not there are images from the kitten video's in this document):

http://www.abproject.org/docs/Kitten Killer 2010 - 2011.pdf

One thing I never realised, we know LM "promoted" this video before the murder even took place through his various sock puppet accounts. He also did the same for 2 of the kitten killing video's, he created sock puppet accounts promoting these video's too before the video's were published.

Shane : Why the site to raise money to support Magnotta's defence? I'd be very interested to learn why you found it important to set that up while Magnotta was still a fugitive.

Look forward to your reply.

Welcome.

Usually, I see these sites pop up for modern-day suspects. The most recent were for Casey Anthony, the Craigslist Killer, Amanda Knox etc.

I was surprised that world-wide, NOBODY had taken this position for Magnotta. I never wanted to set up a site for those other individuals, but seeing these sites atleast made me feel a little better that there was some debate taking place.

I think there is alot of danger when the conversation is too one-sided. And because Magnotta was habitual at spreading misinformation, I thought it was important to show another viewpoint, remind people that we are innocent until proven guilty, and avoid creating a Lynch-Mob.

Also, it was not for him to remain a fugitive, it was for his defense fund. It was pretty obvious from the Magnotta sitings in France that he was not putting in any effort to hide. I had a good feeling he would be arrested and brought to justice pretty quickly.

Hello everyone,
I've not posted but have been following this case since it was first posted here and have a couple of questions I've not seen addressed as yet.

If the head is still missing, how did the close friend identify Lin? Tattoo or scar on his torso? How did LE ascertain the victim was Asian? Skin color? Anyone know or read somewhere? Great job everyone and TIA.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...aying+victim/6732562/story.html#ixzz1x35Nl1IN
Lin was positively identified last Tuesday through DNA.

Do you have the link to that account? Thx

Sorry, I am under the impression that we are not allowed to post links like that here (of people not directly involved with the crime)

Mbshafeena's suggestion of the name (plus MySpace) into google will quickly give you a result :)

Usually, I see these sites pop up for modern-day suspects. The most recent were for Casey Anthony, the Craigslist Killer, Amanda Knox etc.

I was surprised that world-wide, NOBODY had taken this position for Magnotta. I never wanted to set up a site for those other individuals, but seeing these sites atleast made me feel a little better that there was some debate taking place.

I think there is alot of danger when the conversation is too one-sided. And because Magnotta was habitual at spreading misinformation, I thought it was important to show another viewpoint, remind people that we are innocent until proven guilty, and avoid creating a Lynch-Mob.

Also, it was not for him to remain a fugitive, it was for his defense fund. It was pretty obvious from the Magnotta sitings in France that he was not putting in any effort to hide. I had a good feeling he would be arrested and brought to justice pretty quickly.

I understand that, but Canadians are entitled to competent legal representation even if they are indigent. He has no need of the $10 or so that you raised, so why ask for money?

What guarantees were you giving donors that their money would reach the intended source?

He should have a good and rigorous defense and the facts should be what convict and not people's emotions.

You dont really want to suggest otherwise do you?

No, I don't. And I don't think anyone is suggesting that, either. I do think, however, that you're once again setting up false arguments.

I understand that, but Canadians are entitled to competent legal representation even if they are indigent. He has no need of the $10 or so that you raised, so why ask for money?

What guarantees were you giving donors that their money would reach the intended source?

Define "competent legal representation."

Sorry to quote the same article twice, didn't read this far before posting prior.

Commenting on the actual video, I would take this to mean they have been looking at the documentingreality comments? Was there anywhere else he was suspected to be commenting on the actual killvid?

I saw a comment that was from him, imho, on a gore site that had the video. I sent it to the Canadian authorities because of the timing and content of the message, and I didn't see it publicly mentioned anywhere.

It's all been covered here in posts since, btw, and he is arrested, so I don't mind mentioning it publicly now.

Username was SOMEGUY123.

He was saying there were other videos of him: necrophilia after murdering his aunt, and killing a homeless person. We've seen those comments in these Websleuths threads from other suspected postings of his, but this one was early and at the actual gore upload site.

Define "competent legal representation."

Does your constitution not define it? Can your judiciary not define it? Why are you asking a random Irish woman at 10 past midnight to define competent legal representation?

GMAFB.

Regarding that site which the supposed "defense fund" was established, might someone be able to explain if it is guaranteed that funds collected go to the individual, in this case Magnotta, for his criminal defense???

Are their measures in place to prevent the individual or organization setting up such a fund from simply pocketing the money collected for themselves??

LRM Defense Fund Budget:

50% = "Administrative" Costs
25% = Marketing
15% = Uniforms (Prada, Gucci)
5% = Charitable Donations (PETA, SPCA)
3% = "Other"
2% = Legal Fees

I don't think Luka Rocco whatever deserves a defense fund. That money should be going to Lin's family or Kitten Rescue groups to make up for all the defenseless kittens and people he killed. I seriously doubt this is his first human murder. We know he's killed thousands of kittens. I'd like to vacuum his you know what right off his body! I could not watch any video of him killing people or kittens because it would stay with me forever! I hope he gets what Jeffrey Dahmer got in jail. I just rescued 4 seven day old kittens and there is nothing cuter. He is the definition of sick and demented.

Waitaminute, waitaminute.

So you are the Shane Tucker/Shane Taylor who started a "Microgiving" campaign to raise money for Luka Magnotta's "defense fund" ?

See: http://www.microgiving.com/profile/thisisgoingtobebig
See https://donors.microgiving.com/widget.php?opt=h&udid=22294

Yes, I see that in your YouTube Channel above (Shane Taylor) you refer to it in a comment:

And in a comment on your profile:

I agree that people need to be objective.... but you're trying to raise money for his legal defense. That seems like you're a little closer to the case than distant and objective. Why would you do that? How do you know LRM needs the money for his legal defense? Did LRM ask you for your help?

LRM did not ask me for help. I don't know him and have never spoken with him.

I assume world-wide, there has to be a percentage of the population who are either Magnotta-supporters or atleast firmly believe in Magnotta's right to an adequate defense. My only goal was to create the vehicle for the supporters to show support.

Again, my concern is when the environment is TOO one-sided, justice does NOT prevail.

This thread is NOT about posters on Websleuths. It is about a murderer, who did horrific things and, lucky for us, has been arrested.

DISCUSS THE CRIME AND THE CASE - do NOT attemp to impose your moral values on other posters. The mods, with direction from the Site Owners, will determine what may or may not be posted here.

If the case upsets your moral standards, then I encourage you to use your sleuthing abilities on a case more suitable to your particular standards and sensibilities. BUT DO NOT COME HERE and try to tell others they are wrong, bad, uncaring, etc. etc. It is not your place to come here and judge. EVIL HAPPENS. It just happens. Individuals have the right to determine just how much evil they are willing to look at, listen to, and investigate for their purposes and the collective purposes of following true crime on this board.

This post lands at random.

If you have questions or concerns, please pm them to a moderator.

Salem

yea doesnt our taxes pay for the team of lawyers hell eventually have? picktons final tally was well into the millions and that doesnt even include the cost of the investigation

Does your constitution not define it? Can your judiciary not define it? Why are you asking a random Irish woman at 10 past midnight to define competent legal representation?

GMAFB.

Because your name clearly tells me youre a random Irishwomen and it is ten past midnight.

You said Canadians are entitled to competent legal representation so I figured you knew what that meant. In the US that means you will get a public defender that is guaranteed to know how to tie his or her shoes but I am not sure that would be the best way to go if youre being accused of murder.

Just my two cents.

LRM did not ask me for help. I don't know him and have never spoken with him.

I assume world-wide, there has to be a percentage of the population who are either Magnotta-supporters or atleast firmly believe in Magnotta's right to an adequate defense. My only goal was to create the vehicle for the supporters to show support.

Again, my concern is when the environment is TOO one-sided, justice does NOT prevail.

I'll say to you for the third time - I understand all that and agree. However, speaking as a long term supporter of the West Memphis Three, you do not raise donations for a defense fund by asking for random donations on You Tube.

What guarantees did anyone have that their money would reach the intended source?

I have found this very interseting document of collated information about LM that was put together by the people on fb investigating him for the kitten killings.

There are 28 pages in the document that actually include photographs including camera information, dates and some locations.

The document also mentions his family and various campaigns he's had on the Internet, including Russian Mafia and Famiy Guy. there are also links to videos of him that are no longer on YT that they (the group investigating him) saved elsewhere.

Please note, there are some graphic images and details (of the kittens) in the document.

http://www.abproject.org/docs/Kitten%20Killer%202010%20-%202011.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member