ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because your name clearly tells me youre a random Irishwomen and it is ten past midnight.

You said Canadians are entitled to competent legal representation so I figured you knew what that meant. In the US that means you will get a public defender that is guaranteed to know how to tie his or her shoes but I am not sure that would be the best way to go if youre being accused of murder.

Just my two cents.

Canada and the US are not the same country. Canada is far superior in providing universal health care to its citizens, for example, and in banning the death penalty. The exact definition of competent legal representation in Canada, I do not know. But I do know that Luka is not dependent on online donations in order to have a lawyer.

Does anyone know which animal torture video was shot by someone not LRM.....? As in, a possible accomplice? And is there any other evidence that points to a possible accomplice? Thanks

I have found this very interseting document of collated information about LM that was put together by the people on fb investigating him for the kitten killings.

There are 28 pages in the document that actually include photographs including camera information, dates and some locations.

The document also mentions his family and various campaigns he's had on the Internet, including Russian Mafia and Famiy Guy. there are also links to videos of him that are no longer on YT that they (the group investigating him) saved elsewhere.

Please note, there are some graphic images and details (of the kittens) in the document.

http://www.abproject.org/docs/Kitten%20Killer%202010%20-%202011.pdf

I posted this on the previous page

Yes it is very interested and i've found things that I never knew before.

B.S. You could have just asked for non-monetary support, but you asked for money. Magnotta will do just fine with competent legal representation in Canada. Don't you worry.

And don't spent that $10 all in one place.

You are 100% correct. If I had a do-over, I should have just done a facebook page. It did not occur to me as this is not my profession, just something I feel stongly about.

LRM Defense Fund Budget:

50% = "Administrative" Costs
25% = Marketing
15% = Uniforms (Prada, Gucci)
5% = Charitable Donations (PETA, SPCA)
3% = "Other"
2% = Legal Fees

Dont forget food, a man's gotta eat, throw some ribeyes, caviar and oysters in there sister!

Canada and the US are not the same country. Canada is far superior in providing universal health care to its citizens, for example, and in banning the death penalty. The exact definition of competent legal representation in Canada, I do not know. But I do know that Luka is not dependent on online donations in order to have a lawyer.

heres a quote from an article about how much the pickton trial cost

"Taxpayers are paying for Mr. Pickton's defence team, a core group of eight lawyers, which at times has numbered 18, plus salaries for the seven Crown lawyers. Even the judge has a lawyer"

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=4e9e3a1e-d690-41d1-a724-0d3416b4b65e

Usually, I see these sites pop up for modern-day suspects. The most recent were for Casey Anthony, the Craigslist Killer, Amanda Knox etc.

I was surprised that world-wide, NOBODY had taken this position for Magnotta. I never wanted to set up a site for those other individuals, but seeing these sites atleast made me feel a little better that there was some debate taking place.

I think there is alot of danger when the conversation is too one-sided. And because Magnotta was habitual at spreading misinformation, I thought it was important to show another viewpoint, remind people that we are innocent until proven guilty, and avoid creating a Lynch-Mob.

Also, it was not for him to remain a fugitive, it was for his defense fund. It was pretty obvious from the Magnotta sitings in France that he was not putting in any effort to hide. I had a good feeling he would be arrested and brought to justice pretty quickly.

Hmmm, I actually see quite a bit of discussion going on both here and other places for people trying to find the truth in this matter, even if that does call into question some of the evidence. And unfortunately, most of the evidence has been brought forth by LM himself.

Shane, can I ask why you feel that LM might not be given fair representation?

True he may be given a legal aid lawyer, but with all the attention that is going to be focused on this case and the trial, LE had better do a complete and comprehensive job PROVING his guilt.

heres a quote from an article about how much the pickton trial cost

"Taxpayers are paying for Mr. Pickton's defence team, a core group of eight lawyers, which at times has numbered 18, plus salaries for the seven Crown lawyers. Even the judge has a lawyer"

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=4e9e3a1e-d690-41d1-a724-0d3416b4b65e

Good. I'm glad Canada invests properly in its justice system. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys - which is why competent legal representation can be expensive.

I also had the thought that it may have been sent to the UK reporter as he did say 'he would be back'.

Though, it is often quicker to send something from Canada to the UK than it is to send something a short distance in Canada. At least this was the case the last time I checked. Odd but true. Canada's postal system is frustrating.

EDIT: Although, the first packages did get to Ottawa reasonably quickly (for Canada) and it could simply be held up in the mail somewhere.

A Diamond Jubilee present for the Queen perhaps. How exciting for him to be in Europe for it's arrival :what:
I really believe the clues are in the notes he sent with the first packages.

Dont forget food, a man's gotta eat, throw some ribeyes, caviar and oysters in there sister!

Meals fall under "administrative" or "marketing" if dining with clients and potential donors. :floorlaugh:

Good. I'm glad Canada invests properly in its justice system. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys - which is why competent legal representation can be expensive.

investing in our justice system might be a bit of a stretch... but we do make sure are serial killers got good lawyers!!

A Diamond Jubilee present for the Queen perhaps. How exciting for him to be in Europe for it's arrival :what:
I really believe the clues are in the notes he sent with the first packages.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm wondering now though if the head is destined to be found differently. While everybody is looking at the postal service, he might have found some other way for the head to be discovered?

Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm just trying to think like the Montreal Maggot and frankly nothing he thinks makes any sense.

Meals fall under "administrative" or "marketing" if dining with clients and potential donors. :floorlaugh:

based on his amazing portfolio, i think budget can be adjusted a bit and costs can be utilized elsewhere...seems he likes reese's pieces and pepsi...
sorry PAX i think your meal allowance was a bit stretched.....

investing in our justice system might be a bit of a stretch... but we do make sure are serial killers got good lawyers!!

You do indeed, and that speaks well of your country, even though I can understand why it irritates your country.

Of course, you could be in China where every person accused of a crime is summarily executed. Luka the Maggot would be lined up in a firing squad alongside a few political dissidents, a human rights activist or two, and maybe a few Tibetan monks. Frankly, I prefer Canada, despite all its faults.

You are 100% correct. If I had a do-over, I should have just done a facebook page. It did not occur to me as this is not my profession, just something I feel stongly about.

I will say this..it does take a great deal of courage to take a stand on something that you believe in, especially when so many will disagree. If your motives and intentions are true than I do respect you for that (even if I do disagree but only on the grounds that I do believe he will get the same or equal fair representation that is afforded to many Canadians, guilty or not.)

I posted this on the previous page

Yes it is very interested and i've found things that I never knew before.

I would love to be able to read what is there but I don't think I could deal with the pictures (sigh).

You do indeed, and that speaks well of your country, even though I can understand why it irritates your country.

Of course, you could be in China where every person accused of a crime is summarily executed. Luka the Maggot would be lined up in a firing squad alongside a few political dissidents, a human rights activist or two, and maybe a few Tibetan monks. Frankly, I prefer Canada, despite all its faults.

yea but the justice system does seem to fail with inadequate sentences.. and every year it seems the VPD have atleast 1 incident where lethal force SHOULD NOT have been used..

That is good to hear, I know it is hard to desire that this guy of all people be represented fairly but it is what keeps our system honest. In the US the public defenders are so overworked that they really dont have the time or resources to defend their clients properly which is why most judges here will appoint private very expensive defense lawyers to represent high profile defendants and they make them work for public defender financial rates (about 50 dollars per hour).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966