Art Harris article: Misty Cracks (changes story again)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I beleive it may play out from here. I think Misty and Tommy are going to crack and confess that either Ron instructed Misty to give Haleigh something so Misty could recover from the three day binge or that Ron gave it to her himself. That Haleigh's body was placed in the dumpster and Ron recovered her on his way home that night and told Tommy and Misty that he put her in the river and fed her to the gators to scare them into being quiet, but that TN actually took her somewhere else in case Misty and Tommy betrayed Ron, no one would beleive them, which no one will. I think that Ron told the DA that Misty drugged Haleigh that night she died and Tommy got rid of her.... I don't think Haleigh will be recovered, and I think Ron is going to let Tommy and Misty go all the way down for this and LE can't do anything because they can't prove his involvement.
All I have to say is Misty and Tommy, tell the truth, you will be punished for your involvement, buit Ron will get his one day too, if not in this world than in the next.

The wives must have helped or know more as many suspect or they wouldn't be freaking out and have different timelines. Nothing in this new story explains that yet, why none of them have cracked, and how Jr.s story of two black men/bouncing couch, and a man dressed all in black taking Haleigh fits in. Misty might want to protect Ron if there was an OD, but she could easily claim that she'd been gone all weekend and they were not her drugs. Whoever knows the whole truth definitely did not want the body to be found, and must not want it found now. I think they've all waited until Ron was sentenced and then started changing stories to get Misty out of being charged with murder.

Considering this new story, it begs many questions. One being:

If Joe was not there, but Haleigh was transported in Timmy's van, then how did Timmy's van get to Misty's? :waitasec:

(They worked pretty hard to put Haleigh into Timmy's van with all of their various stories...)

I think it might turn out to be the result of this phonecall from Tommy to Chelsea's phone. If the Joe story was a lie otherwise then this bit about Joe having Chelsea's phone might be as well. Apparently she can't deny that there was a phone call from Tommy because it's in her phone records so she's scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with an explanation that does not implicate her or her husband in anything.

“Ronald was usually very secretive about his guns, but that night they were all drinking beer and getting along, so he pulled them out,” Chelsea Croslin tells me in an exclusive interview. She says she fell asleep with husband Timmy, Misty’s other brother, and that Joe took her phone and the van to pick up brother Tommy and go to the trailer with machine guns on his mind.

“My phone records show Joe called his girlfriend, Jennifer, between six and 9 p.m. that night,” says Chelsea. She was planning to drive him back to Tennessee the next day, sources close to the case tell me. “Tommy called Joe about 10 p.m.,” Chelsea adds, and apparently took the van and picked up Tommy.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/exclusive-kiss-ronald-cummings-bye-bye/#more-4763

When Tommy was talking to Flo, Lindsey asked, (from another line), if Tommy was 'THE ONE'. So, I'm guessing that she doesn't know everything, but she knows plenty. She obviously wasn't deliberately covering up for her murdering husband, but IMO, she was lying for him...something she was used to doing, again IMO. But will Tommy now blame Misty? a he said she said? Will they take dueling LDTs? Will either of them pass? Oh Lordy, I sure hope Misty really did finally crack, & this isn't a last ditch effort to avoid murder charges. I know a lot of people don't agree, but she doesn't come across as a killer, IMO, & Tommy does. I'm not buying the OD theory. That would've been a relatively easy out, that they could've pinned on Joe. just said that he had dropped some pills.

I totally believe that Tommy is involved but I still have a problem comprehending the whole darn mess, based on the theory it was Tommy and only Tommy. I don't see why Misty didn't crack a long time ago. She was put under a lot of pressure. Apparently there was little love lost and she had no trouble pointing the finger at Tommy, saying she thought it might have been Tommy because he was a crackhead and a molester and they cut their ties for a while in the restraining order scene. If you're already prepared to say that your brother is a druggie child abuser and you suspect him of being a killer, I'm not sure what would stop you from saying you know he's a killer.

What was the rat for?

It's still SODDI, ask that other guy, Misty just changed the names once more. Whatever part she played in this, she's not prepared to say. *shrug*

Quoted from AH article
Amid tears, weeping and shaking, she blurted out that her brother, Tommy, did it and knows everything. Towards the end, she was distraught, yelling, and believed to be so shaken, required a brief suicide watch on a jail medical ward.

So Misty is saying Tommy did it........

Is she saying Tommy did it....as in...he got rid of the body...???
OR
Is she saying Tommy did it.......as in.....took Haleigh's life???

It is not clear to me...what she is...REALLY saying.......but she want them to go talk to Tommy...and he will tell them what happened....

So I believe...here we go again......

IMO...

BBM.. I'm going with Tommy took Haleigh out of the trailer on Magnolia..
IIRC Tommy has stated she died hours before that 911 call was ever made, so I'm thinking Tommy may have placed her in or under that dumspter until Ron or someone in his family moved her to wherever it is they took her..JMHO

Yes I remember this and I think the one they both care about is Tommy and the one not so much is Ron.

and Timmy was high that day they even admitted to smoking a joint on the porch, Tommy later claimed he was also messed up on zanex I think it was.

Misty has never stated Timmy was there that day or they smoked a joint on the porch.. .

I may be wrong, BUT, I do not think AH knows just what was said in a Misty interrogation. I believe there was an interrogation on Friday, but that is the extent of it.

The investigators were able to tell Misty that Ronald was indeed on his way to prison and that he could not hurt anyone who decided to talk. What is to keep the SA from offering Misty the same deal Ronald got? She would be out of her mind to refuse that.

I do really think something is up but cannot begin to guess what. One thing I really feel is that it probably isn't the AH scenario. I think Tommy helped dispose of Haleigh, but I do not think he killed her. I hope no one is framed, because I want real justice for Haleigh, not some framed up story.

JMO

I do believe the intense questioning of Misty did take place only because Levi had already said it did. A new pair of eyes is a really good thing here because they apparently need all the help they can get.

The informant to AH is most likely Misty's mother, Lisa, and I do not know just how truthful Misty might be with her. Lord help me if it is Grandma Flora! AH does make it sound as if he was given information by someone who supposedly saw and heard Misty shaking and crying, but I just do not believe anyone that was in the room would tell AH anything!

Misty is the one who stands to gain the most if she talks right now because she hasn't been sentenced yet. If she has ever told the truth in her entire life, now is the time. I do not care that Misty would do it only to save her own rear end; it would mean justice for Haleigh.

I hope Misty either did take a polygraph on Friday, or will take one in the next few days. Tommy needs to tell the truth also. He has had his chance and didn't, but if Misty talks and says he was involved, then he might as well. Man! I don't know.

I suppose AH will be on NG tomorrow excitedly quoting his 'sources close to the investigation'!

JMO

:banghead: I just don't buy it as it is being reported! Not saying Art is mis-reporting, just saying that parts are being left out by LE/Misty/Chelsea/Ronald/Tommy :banghead:
I still feel that Misty is covering for Ronald and in fear of him she is throwing Tommy under the bus. I do feel that Tommy did take part, but not as Misty has said or maybe this is just how it's being reported. Who knows what "MISTY REALLY TOLD LE"! Why else would Ron put a dead rat in Tommy's mail box? IMO, to remind him and Misty that if they open their mouth that is what the Croslin Family has coming to them. JMO :cow:

Why else would Ronald wait until after he got busted for drugs and faced many years behind bars to give LE information pertaining to his missing daughter? If Ronald had no involvement then why wait? Why make threats even from behind bars? They all know Ron will be out in 15yrs or less, do you really think the whole truth will be spilled? I don't because they fear Ronald. They feared him back in Feb 2009 and will fear him for life IMO. :cow:

I think the strategy from the SA could of went one of two ways. Could of made Misty mad enough to spill something to get her a lesser charge, but not enough in fear of what may happen to her and the family. Again, due to fear of Ronald and knowing he will be a free bird in no time. JMO :cow:

BBM

"Snip" AH Exclusive: Tommy Croslin Took Haleigh! Misty Changes Story: Not Cousin Joe Overstreet!

September 26th, 2010

Misty now claims it was Tommy, who came to the trailer that night, took Haleigh and fabricated the cousin Joe-machine gun story.

AH sources say, she told police Tommy pressured her to go along with it.

Robert Fields, confirmed Misty met with investigators, but declined to comment further. (OK, so maybe true that Tommy came to the trailer, pressured Misty to go along with the story. Maybe somebody created the story to begin with and also pressured Tommy to go along with the story.)

Misty, Amid tears, weeping, shaking, blurted out that Tommy, did it and knows everything. (Note: Misty claims that Tommy came to the MH and took Haleigh, yet what is the reason? What did he do? He took Haleigh out of the MH, but what happen to Haleigh before Tommy got there? Misty said Tommy knows everything, how so? Misty was the one watching Haleigh right? Tommy just happen to come over, so what ever happen to Haleigh IMO, happen "BEFORE" Tommy came to the MH, and I question why he was there and who sent him there? Didn't Ron call Tommy and still to this day we don't know the real reason as to why. 90+ calls from Ronald to who and why is a big question here IMO. :cow:)

Lisa Croslin says, “She’s scared to death and feeling the pressure. I keep telling her nobody will hurt her where she is, that she needs to tell everything before she goes to court”. ” Whoever done this, got my daughter so scared, I don’t understand it.”

Lisa Croslin was adamant about one thing: “Whoever did this to Haleigh needs to pay for it, even if it turns out to be one of my children,” she says. “But I still feel like she’s covering up for someone else.” (Tommy, the one that got the dead rat in his mail box has the answers to what happen to Haleigh according to Misty.:waitasec: Misty is not afraid of Tommy, Lisa feels Misty is afraid of the person who did what ever to Haleigh. So how could Tommy be the one to blame for what ever happen to Haleigh? Again, maybe he was sent there to assist in the clean up/cover up and Misty in her own way is telling Tommy should we tell the truth, if so you go first because I am still scared. JMO :cow:)

Chelsea says, “Her cousin Joe story is a lie,” Though she cited private letters from Misty and other information she says she wants to provide law enforcement, but has had trouble getting through. (So, now Chelsea is changing her views on Joe, how convenient! Was it not her and Misty who were screaming out the Joe DID IT SODI back in Feb 09 to the present? Chelsea claiming Joe to her phone that night and possibly the van, now she says she has new info she is trying to turn over to LE? I see someone else that IMO knows what really happen that night. JMO...Timmy's whereabouts that night have always been on the radar to me...IMO, Timmy and Chelsea got the heck out of dodge for other reasons than just wanting to relocate. :cow:)
And this is the "BOMBSHELL" OF THE ARTICLE IMO:
Misty called Lisa and Hank, about 3:30 a.m. the night she found Haleigh missing. She reached her parents in a hospital room in Gainesville.

“She said, she couldn’t find Haleigh,”

“Lisa said, ‘Misty, go through the trailer and look everywhere, look real hard,’ and she said, ‘The back door is wide open.’ I said, ‘Call the PO-lice right now, and that’s when she opened the back door and found Ronald, standing in the doorway.” (Does anyone else recall an article a while back on AH that it was Tommy and or Joe that Misty had claimed was standing in the back doorway?)
At the time, Lisa Croslin was also pitching the cousin Joe theory, but now says there’s only one person Misty truly feared, her now ex husband, Ronald Cummings. (Again, Misty only fears one person "RONALD CUMMINGS" and IMO it is Ronald that LE needs to look at in regards to what Happen to Haleigh. Why would Misty call her mom at the Hospital if she was the one who hurt Haleigh? Tommy was not there either at the time, if he had done something to Haleigh Misty would of told her mother that. Seems to me the first call Misty made, she made to her mother and Ron happen to get home when she was on the phone with Mom. Maybe Misty is not sure what really happen to Haleigh, but has an idea that Ronald is to blame and she is so afraid of him that she will never tell LE all that happen that night, what ever lead to Haleigh demise. Maybe Ron did give Haleigh and Jr. drugs to put them to sleep so he could go to work, then the call came to Misty to go watch the kids...I always questioned who was watching them in the first place, we then have Chelsea's claims of knowing for a fact that Ron had drugs laying around the house and the hints of maybe Haleigh over dosing...maybe Haleigh did...maybe someone gave her the drugs...maybe it was Ronald? I have read articles where females will do anything for their men, especially females like Misty, and IMO she is covering for Ronald out of fear and so called love...JMO :cow:)

To hear her family tell it, Misty was 16 when she met Ronald, with addict parents-siblings who grew up using lies to survive. Misty fell hard for Ronald, a manipulator who preyed on underage girls, impregnating two others before he met Misty, including Crystal Sheffield. ( :waitasec:, so is Art saying that there is a 4th child out there, maybe from another underage female:sick:? This family knew Ron was bad news, but due to their own addictions and loss of control over Misty they really couldn't get Misty away from him. JMO :cow:)

Chelsea says Ronald would brag about his dangerous friends, took her and the kids to hang out. After Haleigh vanished, she said Cummings often remarked he could get Haleigh back for $35,000.
Chelsea recalls Tommy found a rat in his mailbox, decapitated, a not so subtle message from Ronald…Chelsea says. Ronald isolated Misty, cut her off from her own family, and fought Tommy when he came to rescue her one day.

“If the right person talked to Tommy, I’m betting he’d finally tell the truth, too.”

(Is this not what Hank Sr. had said about the money/coming over to pick up Misty, and most ignored it/didn't believe it. I believed it and wish LE would of done as Misty had said early on, "they are looking at the wrong person". I do blame Misty for not telling the truth, however (not defending Misty one bit, just saying) I also understand where someone is in such fear of their life and are selfish and blinded by love that they would keep the truth sealed. JMO :cow:)

Two locals tell Art H. a wild-eyed Ronald stopped by their trailer within days of Haleigh gone missing, with a gun, demanding they go with him to help rob a drug dealer. “I didn’t want to get involved,” says one man. (Hmm...one man didn't want to get involved, what about the other man? I though Ron had no enemies? Again, this is all smoke and mirrors from Ron IMO...what ever happen to Haleigh IMO was not over drug deal, Ron said it himself drug dealers don't take/kill your kids. Who would better know? Ron...IMO he either gave Haleigh drugs or she got into them why he was using and he put Misty in the middle and used her as a scape goat and "forced" Misty and Tommy to cover up for him...JMO :cow:)

Read the rest of this entry » http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/26...es-story-not-cousin-joe-overstreet/#more-4836

Why would Tommy take HaLeigh???

Is he an undercover pedophile??? What would be the reason for him taking HaLeigh out of the MH? Why would he?

Why didn't MC elaborate more on the why's of Tommy taking an innocent child...what condition she was in? Very convenient to say ask Tommy he knows everything...she needed to tell and see if the two stories add up...JMHO

I do hope LE is closer in knowing what happened and the whys of it but again, this leaves me with more questions than answers.

Where is HaLeigh????

I know I sound like a broken record, but if true that Ron was at the back door, why? I thought he came home and seen Misty in the front of the MH? What was Ron doing by the back door. If while Misty was on the phone with her mother, before the 911 call Ron appeared at the back door what was he doing there? :waitasec:

NOTE: "and that’s when she opened the back door and found Ronald, standing in the doorway.”

Also, if Ron had tried to call Misty and she didn't answer IMO she was just ignoring his calls, she was able to call her mother so IMO her phone was "not" dead, she was just avoiding Ron at some point. I had also read that Misty had tried to call Ron but could not reach him, can't remember where I read that I think it was on AH as well. Again, why the mystery surrounding all the phone calls that night and who called who and when? :cow:

I also wonder if Joe is going to try and file suit against Misty/Tommy/Chelsea for trying to blame him for Haleigh death? I hope that Joe will bring some type of charges against this bunch of liars.
:twocents:

"Snip" http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/26...es-story-not-cousin-joe-overstreet/#more-4836

“She said, she couldn’t find Haleigh,” Lisa told me in our first exclusive interview in the Spring of 2009 where Misty’s tall tales begin, including the family scapegoat, cousin Joe, now exonerated by Misty.

“I said, ‘Misty, go through the trailer and look everywhere, look real hard,’ and she said, ‘The back door is wide open.’ I said, ‘Call the PO-lice right now, and that’s when she opened the back door and found Ronald, standing in the doorway.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/26...es-story-not-cousin-joe-overstreet/#more-4836

Even Misty’s own mother doesn’t know who or what to believe, since Misty has changed her story several times since she first called Lisa and her father, Hank, about 3:30 a.m. the night she found Haleigh missing. She reached her parents in a hospital room in Gainesville, where Hank was semi-conscious, the victim of an accident involving a drunk driver.

“She said, she couldn’t find Haleigh,” Lisa told me in our first exclusive interview in the Spring of 2009 outside her home in Satsuma, Florida, and posted at The Bald Truth to illustrate where Misty’s tall tales begin, including the family scapegoat, cousin Joe, now exonerated by Misty.

“I said, ‘Misty, go through the trailer and look everywhere, look real hard,’ and she said, ‘The back door is wide open.’ I said, ‘Call the PO-lice right now, and that’s when she opened the back door and found Ronald, standing in the doorway.”

So I'm reading this that the inside back door was open and Misty says she opened probably the screen and there stood Ronald?

Didn't Ronald say they never used the back door? Why was he at the back door?

ETA Madj you and I were thinking the same thing. LOL

It could be an important clue but if it comes from Lisa Croslin I'm not sure that she's not just confused about the doors.

Anyone else creeped the heck out with the image of pulling that back door all the way open, only to find Ronald Cummings on the other side of it?

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/26...es-story-not-cousin-joe-overstreet/#more-4836

Even Misty’s own mother doesn’t know who or what to believe, since Misty has changed her story several times since she first called Lisa and her father, Hank, about 3:30 a.m. the night she found Haleigh missing. She reached her parents in a hospital room in Gainesville, where Hank was semi-conscious, the victim of an accident involving a drunk driver.

“She said, she couldn’t find Haleigh,” Lisa told me in our first exclusive interview in the Spring of 2009 outside her home in Satsuma, Florida, and posted at The Bald Truth to illustrate where Misty’s tall tales begin, including the family scapegoat, cousin Joe, now exonerated by Misty.

So I'm reading this that the inside back door was open and Misty says she opened probably the screen and there stood Ronald?

Didn't Ronald say they never used the back door? Why was he at the back door?

ETA Madj you and I were thinking the same thing. LOL

We sure are grandmaj!

Ron has claimed that he hardly ever used the back door only to clean the car.
Misty had said that the only time she used it was to take out trash/Ron to clean car.
So, what the heck would he be doing at the back door? And how would it be that Misty woke and seen the back door open/propped by a brick if she is the one that opened it and saw Ron back there? :waitasec:

NOTE: "and that’s when she opened the back door and found Ronald, standing in the doorway.”

And of course it flies in the face of Ron's three stories of how:

he arrived at home, only to see his girlfriend standing in the doorway.
he got a call from Misty but decided not to answer because he was nearly home.
he arrived home and woke up Misty to tell her Haleigh was gone.

But if the back door was wide open, which door did she open? The outer door was supposedly bricked. She would've seen Ronald standing there. Besides, we know the back door doesn't stay open by itself. That was clearly demonstrated by NG's producer. And yes, the notion of opening a door to find Ronald Cummings on the other side creeps the he!! outta me.

Off to work now. Please have this figured out by the time I return. LOL

I believe that Misty is begging Tommy to tell the truth so she won't have to be the one to rat on Ronald. This whole story stinks to high heaven. Why has Ronald kept quiet for all these months if he knew that Tommy was the one who killed Haleigh? That makes no sense at all. He would have shouted it from the rooftops, not caring at all who got hurt. Sorry Misty, if you are going to throw someone under the bus, please let it be the one who deserves to be there! Wouldn't it be nice if TN and GMS had to take LDT's? I firmly believe these two know exactly what went down with Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member