ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and if his motives WERE purely physical with her and we now know something of a sexual nature went down IN Aruba, what made him so mad?

Ok don't flog me BUT we have read he flipped out on one woman who touched his head. If memory serves me correctly it was in a police report. It seems to me that he was overly sensitive about that subject.

Ok don't flog me BUT we have read he flipped out on one woman who touched his head. If memory serves me correctly it was in a police report. It seems to me that he was overly sensitive about that subject.

REALLY? What a freak....where was that info?

If she knew him for more then 3 years, she was well aware that he wears a wig. If she knew him well enough to get on a plane with him to go and stay together at a resort for a vacation, she knew him. From the pics I have seen of her she was (be tactful) :D well traveled. She knew what kind of person he was. And she was no Natalie. If I were a guy I would have asked Natalie out, I would not ask Robyn out. just sayin jmo

If she knew him for more then 3 years, she was well aware that he wears a wig. If she knew him well enough to get on a plane with him to go and stay together at a resort for a vacation, she knew him. From the pics I have seen of her she was (be tactful) :D well traveled. She knew what kind of person he was. And she was no Natalie. If I were a guy I would have asked Natalie out, I would not ask Robyn out. just sayin jmo

I saw only still pictures of him and knew he wore a rug! :innocent:

I am struggling to find a tactful way to say this...
She knew him for some time and just maybe she took part because she wanted to
They were both adults
Some adults play different than others
We probably will never know

I think she wanted to appease Gary. It was his fetish. If it was her fetish, RF would know and she would have the hard drive full of it. She doesn't though, IMO. Gary does I bet.

I think she wanted to appease Gary. It was his fetish. If it was her fetish, RF would know and she would have the hard drive full of it. She doesn't though, IMO. Gary does I bet.

Ok, Maybe

But why would she want to appease him?
If his "fetish" didn't please her, if she found it revolting, whydo it at all?
Why have a relationship with him?
She was seeing him for at least a year. maybe longer

What in the hello? This article says he tried to redeem the policy on August 4th... he was arrested the following day. If this is true, IMHO he was trying to get the $$$ and then get the hell outta dodge. What in the world was he thinking?

Another article stating the same thing:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20094025-504083.html

The source tells the AP that the 50-year-old Giordano purchased the accidental-death policy shortly before traveling to Aruba with 35-year-old Gardner of Frederick, Maryland. The policy only covered the trip to Aruba.

The source also says Giordano sought to redeem the policy just two days after telling police in Aruba that Gardner vanished while they were snorkeling.

I'm just now reading this whole thread and a theory popped into my brain.

GG is 50 years old, right?

*trying to say this gracefully*

Some men have ....trouble....maintaining or even getting an....

Lemme rephrase.

Some men have problems with erectile dysfunction.

Knowing that he's very in to "sex" or whatever his fetish is, I wonder if he couldn't "function" and it got him so angry that he snapped --going even further than the choking/biting etc.

Ok, Maybe

But why would she want to appease him?
If his "fetish" didn't please her, if she found it revolting, whydo it at all?
Why have a relationship with him?
She was seeing him for at least a year. maybe longer

Money.

Not necessarily. I think it's fairly common for people to, shall we say, indulge their "fetishes" in one relationship, but "play it straight" in another. Very common.

Let me just say that I am sick and tired of media claiming that this is a "mirror" of our Natalee Holloway. NOT SO.

This chick evidently AGREED to go on this Aruba trip with this weirdo after having a 1-1/2 year weird "affair" with him.

DO NOT compare her with Natalee Holloway.

I almost vented yesterday but deleted the post. I totally agree, except for the blond hair and the fact that she has disappeared and that she is an American, there is no other similarities at all. Robyn is a full grown, experienced woman who traveled to Aruba with a "dangerous" man. She knew about the other women's stories about his violence and knew him for at least a year prior to taking the trip. I can't explain away why a woman would choose to take a trip with a man known for his violence but she did. Maybe he explained that the women were just trying to blow some of their "rough sex" out of proportion and Robyn bought the story, who knows? She is an adult and made the decision to take a vacation in Aruba. She was not an innocent young teenager, just graduated from high school and on a trip with other high school graduates. There is no comparison, none, nada, nilch.

That said, I do believe that Robyn is a victim of this man. I do believe that he murdered her and disposed of her body. I'm sure that Robyn did not think that she would be murdered or she would not have gone. I hope that the investigation leads to Robyn's location and if evidence is found proving that he murdered her, he is charged and spends the rest of his life in prison.

But, yes, I'm tired of hearing that she is just like Natalie.

I'm just now reading this whole thread and a theory popped into my brain.

GG is 50 years old, right?

*trying to say this gracefully*

Some men have ....trouble....maintaining or even getting an....

Lemme rephrase.

Some men have problems with erectile dysfunction.

Knowing that he's very in to "sex" or whatever his fetish is, I wonder if he couldn't "function" and it got him so angry that he snapped --going even further than the choking/biting etc.

I've thought about this too. Perhaps RG laughed at him or teased him about it?

I think the sex was consensual. The statement that the Aruba photos were taken "not under duress" confirms that for me. They had know each other for a long time (up to 3 years per some reports). They were sharing a room. They are both adults.

I've also considered that there was no anger involved (yeah, it's a stretch given his background lol) but that this was simply rough-sex/role-playing gone horribly awry. If that was the case, he should have just called for help. Perhaps he panicked?

Of course both scenarios above don't account for that pesky insurance policy...

This was on one of my friends FB

Attachments

• Robyn Gardner.jpg
    Robyn Gardner.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 53
I've thought about this too. Perhaps RG laughed at him or teased him about it?

I think the sex was consensual. The statement that the Aruba photos where taken "not under duress" confirms that for me. They had know each other for a long time (up to 3 years per some reports). They were sharing a room. They are both adults.

I've also considered that there was no anger involved (yeah, it's a stretch given his background lol) but that this was simply rough-sex/role-playing gone horribly awry. If that was the case, he should have just called for help. Perhaps he panicked?

Of course both scenarios above don't account for that pesky insurance policy...

True.

However, I've read two different stories about that. One was that the policy had Robyn's mother as the beneficiary. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!