ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been others, HLN said 7 women have made complaints.

Careful ... <modsnip> will have that number up to 25 by the end of next week. Aside from the sensationalistic reporting ... confirmed? 2 in 2010 and his ex-wife in 2001?

Sad to say, even if she did, Maryland is funny. And slower than molasses in January. He'd fight the charge. It would drag out for months/years, and he'd still walk with probation. Also, could you please link the info on the SA charge? All I've seen are DV complaints and countersuits for orders of protection.

He will be freed by Aruba very soon. No body found.

Sad but true.

Let's say GG is released next week because of lack of evidence.

That would leave VP as someone who could press charges for the sexual assault charge from 2010. Also, the state's attorney for Montgomery County could go ahead and press charges without her, right? He has video evidence.

How long would that put him in prison for if found guilty?

I think that is a real possibility as the only way to put GG behind bars.

The prosecutor's office seemed to think that there was no case ... it would be very sad if the disappearance of Robyn was necessary for the proseuctor's office in Maryland to look at the case more carefully.

Sad to say, even if she did, Maryland is funny. And slower than molasses in January. He'd fight the charge. It would drag out for months/years, and he'd still walk with probation. Also, could you please link the info on the SA charge? All I've seen are DV complaints and countersuits for orders of protection.

This is all I got on the SA charge:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/828/2010report.jpg/

Transcribed:

"I prepared to leave after speaking with my daughter. Gary was angry and ordered me to stay. We drank wine and by 8 p.m., we argued about his past sexual lifestyle as a swinger. I prepared to leave again, but he pushed me into his bed where I stood near the footboard. My clothes were on and I had my period, which I told Gary. He pushed my dress up and pulled out my tampon, throwing it on the floor. We began to have sex. I couldn't look at him, so I turned over. He tried to have anal sex, but I protested. Then, he started to bite me - on my face, neck and breast and buttocks. I turned over to face him and he started to choke me with his bare hands. He then shoved his fingers down my throat. I was struggling and gagging.He then pushed my head onto his (?). I sat quietly and was crying. I told him that I wanted to go home. He protested, then told me to stop being a victim. He got angrier as I got my clothes on, so I huddled on the floor and kept quiet. Moments later, when he went to the bathroom, I ran out and drove home. On 4-16-10 I filled a police report in Montogomery Co. On 4-20-10 I filed assault..."

Video it came from:

Missing in Aruba: Exclusive New Details - YouTube

Also discussed here:

http://wusa9.com/news/article/162086/373/Details-Surface-About-Missing-Womans-Traveling-Partner

The prosecutor's office seemed to think that there was no case ... it would be very sad if the disappearance of Robyn was necessary for the proseuctor's office in Maryland to look at the case more carefully.

He said they respected the wishes of VP in not pursuing charges. Perhaps he will respect the wishes of his electorate now.

Strictly Legal speak, friend.....It does not matter WHAT he has been accused of in the U.S.A.

This is now in the hands of ARUBA court / law.....

Sure it is. In Aruba, GVG is a suspect with enough evidence against him to detain him without charges and question him without a lawyer for about a month now. They will need more to keep him for another 60 days. The problem for GVG is that he may face charges in the US too, or instead. With that travel insurance policy, the disappearance looks a bit fishy - and that was purchased in advance. GVG may prefer to stay in Aruba if he can get away with murder.

I'd also like to clear the air about GVG's supposed wealth (which consistently seems to be mentioned in news releases). His property tax records are public for search (I will give kudos to MD for this fact.... if you get a traffic appearance, your name is searchable to all.....). His total property/land assessment is 1.3 million. Don't let this confuse you. Anyone here that lives in DC/MD/NOVA will agree that 1.3million won't buy you much. He's by no means the "mansion owner". Nice home? Yes. Nice property? Yes. And it is financed through the teeth along with the leased cars. The cost of living here is disproportionate to anywhere else with the exception of NYC and LA. He isn't the swinging Hugh Hefner the media has painted him to be. Row houses in a standard residential neighborhood of NW DC will run you 500k.

There is no sexual assault charge. Charges were dropped when the complainant declined.

Careful ... Nancy Grace will have that number up to 25 by the end of next week. Aside from the sensationalistic reporting ... confirmed? 2 in 2010 and his ex-wife in 2001?

I've seen some interviewed with either being off camera or facing to the side. They weren't doing this for publicity obviously.

Why do women depend on "internet" partners, anyway?

Let's get back to conservative values, folks.

Sure it is. In Aruba, GVG is a suspect with enough evidence against him to detain him without charges and question him without a lawyer for about a month now. They will need more to keep him for another 60 days. The problem for GVG is that he may face charges in the US too, or instead. With that travel insurance policy, the disappearance looks a bit fishy - and that was purchased in advance. GVG may prefer to stay in Aruba if he can get away with murder.

The man has no friends waiting for him in the DC area, I can promise you that. Any confirmation about the beneficiary of the policy? Ive read conflicted reports that her mother was beneficiary, that Robyn was, etc..... I'd love to get my hands on a copy. Do you know how hard it is to take out an accidental death policy and have a non-relative/friend get beneficiary rights? She had to have been either out of her mind or under great duress to sign off on such a thing. I don't believe it.

I've seen some interviewed with either being off camera or facing to the side. They weren't doing this for publicity obviously.
Good Lord. I hope I never get into an international incident and have every girl I'd ever dated interviewed. That'd make for some interesting TV.......

It doesn't really matter what we think here in the USA. He can be the sleaziest guy in the world to us, but that does not matter.

There is no sexual assault charge. Charges were dropped when the complainant declined.
And even then, it was a petition for a restraining order, correct? Unless my memory fails me. As my Dad says,:crazy: I once thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken....

So there are two women, in addition to the first ex-wife ... one regarding the nonconsensual filming and the other with the deer mask?

This ABC video indicates the woman with the deer mask was separate from the two protection order filings.

The info on the other protection order is too limited. It's early to assume it was JF. Isn't she the one who talked about the deer mask?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/robyn-gardners-match-date-14288816

This ABC video indicates the woman with the deer mask was separate from the two protection order filings.

The info on the other protection order is too limited. It's early to assume it was JF. Isn't she the one who talked about the deer mask?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/robyn-gardners-match-date-14288816

OK, we know he is a bad person. Do you realize that no matter how many USA videos, etc. you show that it has absolutely nothing to do with what happens in Aruba?

I've never had one complain against me, have you?
You bring a good point.... All Maryland dockets are fully searchable by name for everything from traffic to murder.... What people forget is that the DC metro area at any given point is within 5 miles of Maryland, DC, and Virginia. I wonder how many if any complaints/charges were filed in DC/VA.... it's a simple matter to file a request for public information (same applies to ALL states), but it takes a fee and time...... And I'm a bit lazy. :) I just like to se complete disclosure and transparency. I don't like the boyfriend on TV acting like a grieving widow when he may have his own dirt. I don't like Robyn being portrayed as a schoolgirl. The whole matter stinks. As for Aruba law, they fall under Dutch rules. Even if you killed someone in front of authorities you don't get formally charged until trial. Hence the "keep GVG in custody as long as possible" routine.

I honestly don't think Maryland is all that slow. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member