ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know what the ex-wife experienced with him, the mother of his children. Maybe for an emotional or legal reason she isn't talking.

Seems something traumatic happened. Was GVG exhibiting signs of his future at that time?

Yes I have the same interest - specifically the first wife who he had three boys with. His life appears to have taken a dramatic paradigm shift when they divorced. I find it interesting that he bought property and built a house a short walking distance away from his children. Earlier photos of him show some humanity and there is also evidence of trying to be a good parent with his child's schooling. It wasn't all black.

I think the "something traumatic" you refer to is the life changing divorce, now alone, no longer a daily "hands-on" father, no longer a husband, etc. a change I don't think was his choosing. This may have further amplified his problems with alcohol and lack of anger management. It also led him into less restraint of his behavioral compulsions sexually. He eventually became a swinger and voyeur, etc. He also appears to have lost any scruples on financial matters. I think being a father was keeping a lot of it in check, and then when that was no longer a direct responsibility, his behavioral short-comings began to fully unfold.

MOO.

If he put her on land and she was found, then LE would know he lied about being in water and he would more likely be under scrutiny. I believe he is telling half truths. How else can he collect this insurance? If she's found on land it wasn't accidental, right? Because he last saw her "snorkeling".

If he put her on land and she was found, then LE would know he lied about being in water and he would more likely be under scrutiny. I believe he is telling half truths. How else can he collect this insurance? If she's found on land it wasn't accidental, right? Because he last saw her "snorkeling".

Yeah he would not only face more scrutiny he would be found guilty of murder for sure if the body is found on land.

He could be telling a half-truth I agree. That was my theory as well for awhile. We have little to go on, with the latest leak I find he may be trying to avoid a search for the body on land. It's the weave of his story with blood that tells me it is possible he was trying to give a reason the body won't float back to shore (sharks). Only one way to find out. I hope they do a good search.

• If you're bleeding, including menstruating, stay on the beach. Sharks can smell and taste even the smallest amount of blood from over a mile (1.6 kilometers) away and trace it back to its source.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/08/0804_040804_shark_attack.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aruba-murd...ano-calmly-told-authorities/story?id=14403446

Snipped from article:

In the initial hours of searching for missing woman Robyn Gardner in Aruba, a reportedly drunken Gary Giordano looked down at his watch and said calmly to Aruban authorities, "She might be dead now."

From the video:

roomgg.jpg

Only 1 bed.

From the latest ABC article it says they had a combined total of 4 bloody marys at 9 a.m. at the Orlando, FL airport on Sunday, July 31st the day they travelled to Aruba.

They would have had to catch an early flight out of Maryland to be in Orlando at 9 a.m.

People often drink Bloody Marys in the a.m. to help recover from a hangover from drinking excessively the night before.

Combining things, it would have been convenient for Robyn to stay the night at Gary's on Saturday night so that they could get to the airport early in the morning. Considering they stayed in the same bed in Aruba and all the other tidbits that lead to them being in a sexual relationship, she probably stayed the night with Gary on Saturday, and they drank together.

The FBI may even now have a video of them having sex on Saturday night, since we know Gary liked to video these events and from what they recovered on his camera, it's apparent that Robyn was likely ok with such a recording.

How that could help the investigation or trial is questionable, but based on the past reported allegations of choking, etc. there could be some of that type of sadism in the video.

MOO.

From the latest ABC article it says they had a combined total of 4 bloody marys at 9 a.m. at the Orlando, FL airport on Sunday, July 31st the day they travelled to Aruba.

They would have had to catch an early flight out of Maryland to be in Orlando at 9 a.m.

People often drink Bloody Marys in the a.m. to help recover from a hangover from drinking excessively the night before.

Combining things, it would have been convenient for Robyn to stay the night at Gary's on Saturday night so that they could get to the airport early in the morning. Considering they stayed in the same bed in Aruba and all the other tidbits that lead to them being in a sexual relationship, she probably stayed the night with Gary on Saturday, and they drank together.

The FBI may even now have a video of them having sex on Saturday night, since we know Gary liked to video these events and from what they recovered on his camera, it's apparent that Robyn was likely ok with such a recording.

How that could help the investigation or trial is questionable, but based on the past reported allegations of choking, etc. there could be some of that type of sadism in the video.

MOO.

My bolding

Didn't the woman say that she had been videotaped having sex with GG without her knowledge, do we know that it wasn't the same with RG?

Flight time from Maryland to Orlando is about 1 1/2 hours. Given the time they would have needed to be at the airport for security, my guess-timate is that they were at the airport no later than 6AM.

According to this CNN link, the last photos were taken by a tourist and were taken of Robyn because of her tattoos:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/24/aruba.missing.woman/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

In regards to the bag Robyn is carrying in the last photos. On sister island Bonaire, you are told NOT to take any valuables with you when you snorkel or dive and NOT to lock your car at the dive/snorkel site because your windows will be broken. There is, unfortunately, a lot of petty theft on the island. Divers/snorkelers are prime targets because your car is left unattended while you're in the water. Perhaps the bag contained beach stuff, suit, lotion, comb, etc. Of course, if this is the bag they found back at the hotel with her cell, wallet, etc. then that throws that idea out the window.

Richard Forester talked about Gardner's excessive drinking at times that led to the police being called. He says in recent months police were called twice, once to his apartment and another time while they were at the beach.

Forester says one time an ex-boyfriend of Gardner's texted him and when he asked her about it, she went into a rage and police were called because of the noise.

http://www.wbal.com/absolutenm/templates/story.aspx?articleid=78346&zoneid=21

Two people with drinking problems and anger problems = trouble.

MOO

Bloody Mary's aren't just to recover from hangovers though, they're often drunk ( drank? ) with brunch. I haven't had one in years but can recall back in the day going to brunch every Sunday and having Bloody Mary's. And once on vacation in a resort, Bloody Mary's were offered with breakfast

Bloody Mary's aren't just to recover from hangovers though, they're often drunk ( drank? ) with brunch. I haven't had one in years but can recall back in the day going to brunch every Sunday and having Bloody Mary's. And once on vacation in a resort, Bloody Mary's were offered with breakfast

I drink them in the morning when I am traveling because I don't like to fly. Having a drink or 4 helps me to relax and be in that "happy" place, rather than worry about being 30K feet in the air.

Lots of people drink, even in the morning, when they are flying off to the Caribbean for a vacation. I've done Caribbean vacations at least 20 times and I probably was drinking by noon on most of them, either at the airport or at the ferry terminal or something. Drawing all kinds of wild conclusions from the simple fact that someone had a couple of Bloody Mary's before a flight seems a bit much, imo.

That said, it does look like this pair had quite a lot of "baggage" between them...drinking, anger, etc. Quite a volatile mix, which obviously has not been missed by LE....

Drinking at 9 in the morning or through the day seems like a bit much to me. I don't really understand what Robyn and GVG were up to. They fly to Aruba, drunk most of the time, and it seems neither of them were willing to compromise their hairdo in order to take advantage of the water sports freely available in Aruba. I can believe that maybe a photoshoot was part of the plan and that even a murder/insurance scam was included, but I really don't understand what the overall mood was between them other than to avoid their own lives and realities. All in all, it strikes me as a doomed vacation from the outset.

The drinking issue with Robyn needs greater clarification. I am just speculating but I do think there are red flags here that when fully comprehended will help us understand why her judgment was so poor in taking this trip and being with this man in the first place.

Lots of people drink, even in the morning, when they are flying off to the Caribbean for a vacation. I've done Caribbean vacations at least 20 times and I probably was drinking by noon on most of them, either at the airport or at the ferry terminal or something. Drawing all kinds of wild conclusions from the simple fact that someone had a couple of Bloody Mary's before a flight seems a bit much, imo.

That said, it does look like this pair had quite a lot of "baggage" between them...drinking, anger, etc. Quite a volatile mix, which obviously has not been missed by LE....

ITA, Seems a bit of a leap to make it seem it's because she's an alcoholic. Drinking a couple of Bloody Mary's waiting for a flight to the Caribbean doesn't say anything to me. I'm not a big drinker but have had drinks early in the morning, especially when it's vacation and brunch just because they seemed to go together. I have friends who've paid extra for first class just so they can get free drinks and get in the spirit, morning, afternoon, evening, seems crazy to me but hey, they enjoy it and they're not alcoholics.

That's not to discount anything else though, just need a little more than them having two known morning type cocktails on their way to Aruba as proof of anything.

JMHO

ITA, Seems a bit of a leap to make it seem it's because she's an alcoholic. Drinking a couple of Bloody Mary's waiting for a flight to the Caribbean doesn't say anything to me. I'm not a big drinker but have had drinks early in the morning, especially when it's vacation and brunch just because they seemed to go together. I have friends who've paid extra for first class just so they can get free drinks and get in the spirit, morning, afternoon, evening, seems crazy to me but hey, they enjoy it and they're not alcoholics.

That's not to discount anything else though, just need a little more than them having two known morning type cocktails on their way to Aruba as proof of anything.

JMHO

I agree. I think the two police incidents in 2011 where Robyn had been drinking is more the point.

DR. DREW

Aired August 11, 2011 - 21:00:00 ET

<snip>

DR. DREW: Two sources told us that they witnessed a loud public screaming match between you and Robyn this July. We tried to verify that. We contacted police, and they said that they -- police apparently did have contact with you that night, but no one was arrested.

Let me be super clear. We are not -- we are only talking about this, because it`s been my experience that people who have volatility in their relationships may not always use best judgment.

FORESTER: Sure.

DR. DREW: That perhaps would explain why Robyn was impulsive and left the country. And you know, didn`t really -- with someone she didn`t know very well.

FORESTER: Well -- first of all -- I`ll tell you about that day. That was actually back in February. We`d been out. She`d had a bit too much to drink. She was angry. She started screaming. Neighbors that live in apartments, you know, very close by heard. They called the police. Police came, saw that nothing was wrong, said, "Great, sorry to bother you. Have a good night."

DR. DREW: I mean, I`m going to -- Richard, I`m going to tell you again this is by the facts as I understand them. The report that we heard was in July. The police report. Does that sound familiar? Does that ring any bells for you?

FORESTER: No, that does not. You know what? I`m so sorry. I`m so sorry. I`m so sorry. Because it did happen twice. It happened once in my apartment and once when we were at the beach. Again, a little bit too much to drink. She was screaming. An ex-boyfriend of hers had texted me. I asked her about it. She got mad. She started screaming. They called the police. Police came, saw that there was nothing wrong, nobody was hurt and nobody was getting hurt or was about to get hurt. They left.

DR. DREW: Richard, did you ever worry about her alcohol relationship?

FORESTER: I did. I did. I did. Definitely. It was a point of contention.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/11/ddhln.01.html

DR. DREW: I want to remind people at home this scary Giordano guy is not cooperating. He is in prison, or in jail down there. He apparently had wanted her to go on a cruise. But she declined. I don`t know quite how we know that information, but apparently, that`s out there now. Apparently, he finally got her to agree to go to Aruba. Are these details new to you, as well, Richard?

FORESTER: No. I know about that. Originally, she had told me she was going on a cruise a few -- a couple months ago. And she decided last minute not to go. I don`t know why. I`m glad she didn`t. You know, when she was leaving, she -- I thought she was gone. She showed up at my apartment at 6 in the morning. She said, "I`m here. I`m not going anywhere."

When I`d asked about it, she told me that it was with this scary person. But she told me that he was a gay friend. And at that point, I said, you know, "I still don`t really find that acceptable, for you to be going away with another man, whether he`s a homosexual or not. It`s just not appropriate in a relationship like ours."

And she said, "Well, that`s why I didn`t go. I knew it wasn`t right."

DR. DREW: Is there anything else -- I`ve only got less than a minute here -- about her behavior in the past or in any way, high school or college, where she`d done something impulsive that helps us say, "OK, she had this pattern in the past"? It seems so out of character. That`s why I keep driving on this.

FORESTER: It is really out -- it is really of character. And I`m surprised because she, No. 1, she doesn`t like surprises. She doesn`t -- she just doesn`t like surprises. So being impulsive like that, that`s a shock to me.

What I think is this person, you know, got angry with her, maybe threatened her. And she was going to go.

That morning (July 31) she was leaving, she called me and said she was on her way to my house at 4:30 in the morning. And then she called and said, "No, I`m going to the airport." So there was something going on there. I don`t know what it was. But she was torn. So maybe he was forcing her. I don`t know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/11/ddhln.01.html

There could be some interesting video evidence of what happened at Giordano's house before heading to the airport.

I think there is little doubt that this couple was pursuing their own agendas; using each other, playing with fire, aggravating the entire situation with alcohol and triggering a situation where they could both react with anger. It was a volatile situaition that could have exploded when they were looking for an isolated photoshoot area on the Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper