Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
look, he is a very unlikeable man IMO
looking for a girl of fourteen who presents herself as eighteen makes him no more likeable

I am posting what i read
you can decide what to believe and what not to believe

I am trying to look at facts and keep the rumors in a little place of their own until proven

I like to look at all sides, not just my side

That's fine. I'm just giving my opinion too. I appreciate you posting the link. I have to admit it's quite different from the conversation I heard between NG and Carrie on NG's show. I didn't know that she had encouraged her Daughter to post pics on that site. That is wrong and I'm not thinking so highly of the Mother if this is true. I'm just saying that it doesn't change my opinion of GG. I'm not trying to be argumentative or snarky. If I have come across that way, I'm truly sorry.

You're right. It's not a nice thing to do in backing out of a cruise at the last minute. However, I wonder what made Robyn change her mind so suddenly?

Since we know Giordano admittedly took out insurance for his travel companions and cancellation insurance was part of it, Robyn's backing out shouldn't have cost him any money. Perhaps he was more upset Robyn interfered with his plan for her. The same plan he carried out this time...JMO

Maybe, but we should hesitate before assuming that "cancellation insurance" will pay out if the traveler merely cancels a trip on a whim. I don't know, but I'll be very surprised if payout doesn't require specific grounds for cancellation: illness, death in the family, other personal emergencies, and of course if the trip is cancelled by the airline or cruise line rather than the traveler.

...GG listed her as a partner which would indicate to the agent that she was a livein (at least someone significant in your life) and a loss of her life would impact his household so he had a personal interest in her welfare. This is not true. He has no presumption of loss. Her death in no way effected his household income. This is why we take out insurance on loved ones, specifically to cover the cost of our loss.....not to make a hefty profit. jmo

There's a general discussion on insurance rules and regulations at the Straight Dope forum. Much of it is speculation, but I do find that site tends to attract very knowledgeable posters. Here's one reference to English common law on the subject:

It’s a general rule of English law, and of many countries which derive their law from English law, that you need to have an “insurable interest” in the risk you insure. You can insure your spouse, or your business partner, or your employee, or a range of other people on the grounds that you will foreseeably be financially affected if they die. I know of cases in which the parties to drawn-out complex litigation have insured the life of the judge because, if he dies, the trial will have to start all over again.

But if you have no “insurable interest” at all in somebody’s life, if you are wholly unaffected by his death, then you can’t take out a policy of life assurance. You could possibly make a bet with someone, but that isn’t the same thing.

I don’t know whether this principle has been carried over into the insurance laws of the US.

BBM

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-237242.html

(Sorry. I know this link isn't definitive. I haven't found a precise citation to Maryland law.)

Maybe, but we should hesitate before assuming that "cancellation insurance" will pay out if the traveler merely cancels a trip on a whim. I don't know, but I'll be very surprised if payout doesn't require specific grounds for cancellation: illness, death in the family, other personal emergencies, and of course if the trip is cancelled by the airline or cruise line rather than the traveler.

I agree with you on this. I bought my friend who I hadn't seen for a long time a ticket to Ca, she was recovering from breast cancer. I did buy the cancellation insurance and they did say I would need a Doctor's note if for some reason she wasn't able to make the trip in order to get my refund. I DID NOT buy life insurance on her!! She made the trip so it was a non-issue.

There's a general discussion on insurance rules and regulations at the Straight Dope forum. Much of it is speculation, but I do find that site tends to attract very knowledgeable posters. Here's one reference to English common law on the subject:

BBM

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-237242.html

(Sorry. I know this link isn't definitive. I haven't found a precise citation to Maryland law.)

Thanks for that information Nova. Yes, this is true and it shows that GG did know he had to put down partner in order to get it past his insurance agent. So it shows he made the decision to put down partner leading the insurance company to believe they were from the same household and he would suffer a loss should she die. He had to have known that ahead of time. And if he knew it ahead of time then he deliberately tried to deceive the insurance company because he would have never been permitted to take out the policy had he been truthful.

Not looking good. Not looking good at all. jmo

You're right. It's not a nice thing to do in backing out of a cruise at the last minute. However, I wonder what made Robyn change her mind so suddenly?

Since we know Giordano admittedly took out insurance for his travel companions and cancellation insurance was part of it, Robyn's backing out shouldn't have cost him any money. Perhaps he was more upset Robyn interfered with his plan for her. The same plan he carried out this time...JMO
-bolded by me.

Some cancallation insurances allow one to cancel a trip without having to provide a reason of cancellation when the cancellation occurs maximum 24 hours prior to departure.
When done later then that there is only coverage when there is an urgency.

If there are insurances that cover cancellation on the day of departure without a solid reason to cancel I am not aware of those. IMO

If it is indeed true that Gary asked Robyn to pay for her own fare to Aruba and if it is true that she had cancelled a previous trip(cruise)-the day of-I would have asked her to pay her own fare also. If what has been reported in the media is true Robyn at this point asked Gary to take her away. I think it would be reasonable to ask her to pay her own way if she had cancelled previously without warning. I would be thinking-if you cancel this time than any money lost will be yours and not mine. I see nothing strange about that at all.

If it is indeed true that Gary asked Robyn to pay for her own fare to Aruba and if it is true that she had cancelled a previous trip(cruise)-the day of-I would have asked her to pay her own fare also. If what has been reported in the media is true Robyn at this point asked Gary to take her away. I think it would be reasonable to ask her to pay her own way if she had cancelled previously without warning. I would be thinking-if you cancel this time than any money lost will be yours and not mine. I see nothing strange about that at all.

I don't think RG asked GG to take her to Aruba. It was GG that asked RG. jmo

I don't know. Maybe this was his first time trying this type of thing. Sometimes you make a lot of mistakes the first time you try something new (the term "poor planning" comes to mind). No one said he was a genius. Plus I think the truth would have flowed out a lot easier because the facts are so much easier to remember. jmo

I think you're right. I think it's possible that GG started thinking about doing something like this so started taking these policies out on his "travel companions" some time back. Why else spend the extra money for accidental death insurance? We get offers to buy trip cancellation insurance every time we travel, and all it covers is the cost of the accomodations and /or the flight if we're flying, the loss of our luggage, and will cover hotel rooms if our flight gets cancelled and we are laid over overnight. Accidental death insurance is a separate entity altogether.

To go to the trouble and expense to purchase accidental death insurance, imo, requires a motive when it's for a non-family member.

So one might assume that maybe GG had doing something like this in the back of his mind but didn't have the right circumstances or opportunity in order to carry it out before Robyn.

I also think you're right about it being "poor planning". GG has pretty obvious personality and impulse control issues. Who goes to Target and steals cart loads of electronics, game systems, etc. in full view of everyone and thinks they can get away with it? This guy is crazy. He's not normal. And, you're right, he's definitely no genius.

Yet for some reason GG has gotten away with enough stuff over the years to make him feel he could get away with anything. Or, maybe he's just your everyday sociopath.:twocents:

Hi Nova,

Just wondering why it would take the FBI so long for the handwriting analysis to be completed, and if they found it was forged, why might they not release that info? Wouldn't that have been evidence enough to continue to hold GG over in Aruba?

Wasn't it reported that Taco Stein stated that the FBI had already rendered an opinion on the handwriting analysis of the insurance document and now ALE are awaiting the results of another opinion? Does anyone know where that link is?

First of all, this is an opinion blog, and secondly -

"Gary Giordano has been linked to a lurid past and most of the evidence against him surrounds the claims of Taylor Tyler, 18, and her mother Carrie Emerson."

LOL, really, I actually forgot all about these two until this story, as had most of us. Was his arrest in Aruba made based on their NG appearance?

Other headlines from this nasty opinion site:

Casey Anthony being railroaded by the State

ROBYN GARDNER MISSING IN ARUBA HARDLY AN AMERICAN BEAUTY http://www.issues.cc/complaints/nan...in-aruba-hardly-an-american-beauty&s=similiar
In this one the "complainer" calls Robyn a prostitute. "She is a grown woman who met some guy on an online dating website and went on a free vacation with him. Sounds more like a prostitute than as Nancy Grace says "An American Beauty".

Nice reference material you are reading Dushi.

I don't think Robyn asked Gary to take her specifically to Aruba. I am not good with posting links but if I am not mistaken it has been mentioned quite a few times that Robyn called Gary and asked him to "get her out of here!" Where ever she was at the time.

Since I have not posted a link I will just say this is my opinion.

I don't think Robyn asked Gary to take her specifically to Aruba. I am not good with posting links but if I am not mistaken it has been mentioned quite a few times that Robyn called Gary and asked him to "get her out of here!" Where ever she was at the time.

Are you sure it was Gary that she said that to? Because it has been mentioned here about her texts to Forester, her boyfriend back home, telling him the trip sucked and she wanted outta there.

http://staffingtalk.com/leverage-llc-ceo-accused-aruba-disappearance/

According to the news reports, Giordano, 50, CEO of Gaithersburg, Maryland IT and consulting staffing company Leverage LLC,

Are all of these his websites? The wording is exactly the same in all:

Designed to Work

From improving your IT capabilities to full-scale offshore software development, Leverage Project Outsourcing process relies on a rapid application development methodology, mapping out the entire project before it begins and identifying goals, timelines and possible trouble spots before they happen. The process provides you with:

Scalability

With our vast pool of expert talent to choose from, we can quickly scale to meet your project deadlines.

Expertise

Highly skilled, experienced project managers, software developers, and IT consultants hit the ground running, employ best software practices to ensure quality and deliver immediate results.

Transparency

Regular updates keep you informed of our progress every step of the way and ensure a zero-defect solution perfectly matched to your needs.

Control

Whether you want to project manage yourself or hand it off to one of our experienced project managers (or perhaps something in between), our methodology allows you to have as much control over the project as you would like.

Leverage 2009
http://leverage-us.com/html/project_services.htm

SinoServices - website built 2011
http://www.sinoservices.com/en/outsourcing_project.html

Universal 2007
http://www.universal-sw.com/services-project_outsourcing.html

Kariminia 1996 - 2008
http://www.kariminia.com/proj_cost.htm

Are these standard descriptions when you do your own website the "easy" way?

As a recent member of this thread, I would just like to thank the posters who must spend many hours finding and posting the links that give us the chance to form our opinions.Weather we find the said content reasonable or tasteless is irrelevant, it gives us the chance to debate and see all sides of the many arguments.

[/quote=vlpate;7444723]First of all, this is an opinion blog, and secondly -

"Gary Giordano has been linked to a lurid past and most of the evidence against him surrounds the claims of Taylor Tyler, 18, and her mother Carrie Emerson."

LOL, really, I actually forgot all about these two until this story, as had most of us. Was his arrest in Aruba made based on their NG appearance?

Other headlines from this nasty opinion site:

Casey Anthony being railroaded by the State

ROBYN GARDNER MISSING IN ARUBA HARDLY AN AMERICAN BEAUTY http://www.issues.cc/complaints/nan...in-aruba-hardly-an-american-beauty&s=similiar
In this one the "complainer" calls Robyn a prostitute. "She is a grown woman who met some guy on an online dating website and went on a free vacation with him. Sounds more like a prostitute than as Nancy Grace says "An American Beauty".

Nice reference material you are reading Dushi.[/QUOTE]

I have posted links to this case from the very beginning and i will continue to do so
You can do your own research and decide whether its credible or not.
I mean, all the NE reports are posted here
Do you think they are credible?

If the above opinion of the writer was different, would you choose to believe it then?

I don't think the bolded comment above was neccessary

As a recent member of this thread, I would just like to thank the posters who must spend many hours finding and posting the links that give us the chance to form our opinions.Weather we find the said content reasonable or tasteless is irrelevant, it gives us the chance to debate and see all sides of the many arguments.

Thank you
Many posters who have follwed this case from the beginning have put in a lot of time keeping things updated and keeping the thread moving
Just look at the work that went into the timeline

I seem to recall that as well

I will have a look and see if i can find the links

I believe it was a friend of hers that said Robyn asked Gary to take her away
It was on the Joy Behar show

MO

Thank you
Many posters who have follwed this case from the beginning have put in a lot of time keeping things updated and keeping the thread moving
Just look at the work that went into the timeline

Your welcome, keep up the good work along with the others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members