At what point do you lose interest in a case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that is a tad unfair. When I was a new poster I was pretty scared to share my opinion in some threads. Also some threads are so long it's impossible to read through everything. I guess what I'm trying to say is we need to be open to all opinions unless it's a ludicrous theory etc. it's this kind of attitude which made me scared to post anything. If it's been said before - does it matter? We are all friends here..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
^^ This. I seldom lose interest in a case that got my attention, but I may have been late to hear of it and after carefully reviewing everything available, try to offer an opinion and feel unwelcome (to say the least!).

I just had that happen on the Tostee trial thread. I made a post late last night offering moo, on my gut feelings about the situation, his character and how he seemed to have almost an obsession with a possible fall from his balcony, I hit send and got a message that my comment was "Pending approval" that it never got apparently, because it was removed from my posting history, almost as soon as I hit send. I feel like I wasted a lot of time reading every post on the many threads only to be blocked from participating with no idea of what I did wrong.

It certainly makes me reluctant to participate here. If you need to be posting from day one, and never stray till the end, in order to be able to join in, than I will never have that much free time.

It seems like some feel, "If you haven't contributed anything until now, don't try to benefit off the hard work of those who have been here, sluething, right from the start...( a lot of them Every. Single. Day.).
But if we are new to a case, what else do we have to go on, (besides MSN)?

^^ This. I seldom lose interest in a case that got my attention, but I may have been late to hear of it and after carefully reviewing everything available, try to offer an opinion and feel unwelcome (to say the least!).

I just had that happen on the Tostee trial thread. I made a post late last night offering moo, on my gut feelings about the situation, his character and how he seemed to have almost an obsession with a possible fall from his balcony, I hit send and got a message that my comment was "Pending approval" that it never got apparently, because it was removed from my posting history, almost as soon as I hit send. I feel like I wasted a lot of time reading every post on the many threads only to be blocked from participating with no idea of what I did wrong.

It certainly makes me reluctant to participate here. If you need to be posting from day one, and never stray till the end, in order to be able to join in, than I will never have that much free time.

It seems like some feel, "If you haven't contributed anything until now, don't try to benefit off the hard work of those who have been here, sluething, right from the start...( a lot of them Every. Single. Day.).
But if we are new to a case, what else do we have to go on, (besides MSN)?

Safeguard, I've sent you an explanation ... it was my error, not yours.

By way of explanation to others reading this thread, I had to moderate at least 40 to 60 posts in Warrienna's thread late last nite. To do so, we checkmark the posts while reviewing them for edit or deletion. I edited Safeguard's post but forgot to uncheck it to send it back into the thread. It was my goof, not Safeguard's.

:hug:

Having said the above, discussing/complaining about moderation is not something we do on the board and I don't believe it was the intent of the OP in this thread. Please address any concerns about moderation via PM to a Mod or Admin.

:tyou:

I think that is a tad unfair. When I was a new poster I was pretty scared to share my opinion in some threads. Also some threads are so long it's impossible to read through everything. I guess what I'm trying to say is we need to be open to all opinions unless it's a ludicrous theory etc. it's this kind of attitude which made me scared to post anything. If it's been said before - does it matter? We are all friends here...

Not only is it unfair, Jennibee, it is also quite an assumption. Who's to say the " newbie " ( new to the thread or otherwise ) hasn't been following the topic for quite some time? Perhaps since the beginning?:rolleyes:
Maybe that new poster who happens to chime in " late " just so happens to be a verified insider on the case and has a very hectic life outside of WS?
I will never understand such things.
All friends, yes;)

When people get too opinionated and make assumptions not backed up by facts.
This.
I'm not losing interest in the case, but I become less interested in visiting the forum.
Especially when people hijack threads with so many other issues and rabbit holes or when I'm criticized for posting a different thought or opinion.
Some folks are quite sensitive and overprotective of their theories. Though I'm not rude, I don't walk on eggshells and I grow weary of people getting their drawers in a twist.

It's not that I lose interest but when a case breaks up into more than two threads (especially when the separate subtopics get broken up) it's sometimes too overwhelming to keep track of. I check in for updates though, and I'm not complaining.

I agree with bluesneakers, but I also lose interest in a case once I think it's been decisively "solved". I don't hang around for the grisly evidence or come back for the trial. And that can be the very day remains are found and it seems to clearly point to some specific person - even before the arrest is made. I really don't want to hear the awful details, if it seems clear they've got the perp (or found the person having purposely disappeared).

When a case is essentially solved (in my head, anyway) I don't read about it as much. For example the Jonbenet case. I am pretty cemented on my opinion of what happened. Not much out there could sway me another way.

When a case is essentially solved (in my head, anyway) I don't read about it as much. For example the Jonbenet case. I am pretty cemented on my opinion of what happened. Not much out there could sway me another way.

Still going there, although I'm firm in my opinion, too. It gets kinda of rough in there sometimes with people defending their opinions to the point that everyone else's has no value. gah. I'm learning to step back more and more.

I recently lost interest when I was sure the "victim" actually left willingly and then showed back up again shortly after a reward was offered in a huge sum of money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko
Back