Attorney Brad Conway To Release More Evidence In Anthony Case On 09/30/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that has to be the hair Brad was talking about today that did not match Caylee or Casey. But he said that the hair was found on the duct tape and it doesn't look like it was to me. It was found on item Q107 from the scene where the remains were found which is labeled "collection papers". Does anyone know what collection papers are?

I think I found your answer. I think the "collection papers" are placed beneath the skull and associated pieces of evidence when technicians are working with them. I guess anything that might fall off is retained by the paper. It makes sense. Look at this attachment. Note: ("I've asked for the paper that is placed under the items as well.")

Attachments

• Hair paper.jpg
    Hair paper.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 22
I havent read BC's release yet, but from the reports it seems to be that these tests were done by the state, not independently, right?

So why are people dismissing the states evidence in regards the the tape not being a match etc, but will rely on other state evidence that implies it is a match? I know all about the KC/CA coolaid, but there a must be a batch of state coolaid going around now.Shhheeeesh!

Respectfully BBM. I'm in a mood to stand up and answer your question with the bold, unvarnished truth: I will grasp at anything that might help get Casey Anthony convicted! I loathe her for never--NEVER--reporting to the police that her 2 year old daughter was "gone." I loathe her for laughing and pole dancing and enjoying sex while Caylee's chubby little body was rotting into a skeleton. Whatever horror resulted in Caylee's death and inhumane disposal, it was Casey's fault either directly or indirectly, and I want her convicted!!!!

There. Right or wrong, that's my bluntly honest answer to your question. I can't possibly feel any other way no matter what argument I hear from you or anyone else, and I can even tell you why I will never change my mind about Casey: It's because I know that Caylee used to tuck her hand confidently in Casey's, and look up at her with big, trusting child's eyes, and she called her "Mommy." In return, Casey let her be reduced to ashes worn in lockets and bracelets. Forget all the other things Casey did and didn't do to obstruct and mislead LE. This is enough for me.

Justice is about getting to the truth based on facts. Not about twisting and tweaking things in order to get a conviction.

Justice may be about getting to the truth based on facts, but trials are not. Trials particularly with a high powered defense team are exactly "about twisting and tweaking things" in order to get an acquittal.

This doesnt mean KC didnt do it. I still think she likely did- but opinions dont get a conviction- facts and evidence do.

Unfortunately, facts and evidence do not necessarily get a conviction. If they did, then no blatently guilty party would ever get off on a technicality such as "the accused was filmed commiting the murder but he had an expectation of privacy at the time so the film is inadmissable." KWIM?

BBM the probability that they purchased a few rolls of the same brand is high imo I can go to my brothers right now and know he'd have extra duct tape, work gloves, plumbing tape etc... and as I recall the 'A's'garage, they seemed to be collectors of stuff. What I find quite odd is that not one single roll of duct tape of any brand was found in that house, garage or sheds. That's just inconceivable to me for a guy not to have any at all. jmo

Well wow! That right there would be interesting. What are the chances of someone using the very last bit of the last roll of duct tape on a gas can and never replacing it? I seem to remember the black garbage bags started sporting different colored handles around that time as well.

The thing is, unless anyone else in the family knew exactly what would be incriminating enough to get rid of, I'd say the "cleaner" had to be KC.

The family prime objective is to protect the A's family image and defend KC. They don't care about Caylee, it is too late.

I hear ya cyberborg, but let's face it - it's too late for the A's family to protect its image - we all know, it's concrete - they're all looney.

Respectfully snipped:

Results in on the duct tape:

DNA unit: No DNA belonging to KC or Caylee. If no DNA of Caylee found, then no surprise KC's was not found either. Just too much time in the swamp. There was a DNA sample identified as belonging to FBI examiner. A second sample was limited in nature, but cannot eliminate a second FBI examiner as the source.

Chemistry unit: "Skull tape" composition consistent with gas can tape.

Trace evidence unit: Composition of fiber backing found in "skull tape" differs from gas can tape. A visual, microscopic comparison was done - nothing more. Not surprising as the fibers have a large cotton component. Degradation of "skull tape" will result in different fiber composition. Example: if the cotton fibers in the "skull tape" rot faster than the gas can tape, the ratio of cotton to polyester in both tapes will differ as a result. An analyst must conclude that the composition differs. They cannot speculate what the composition might have been prior to exposure to the elements.

Questioned documents unit: No results yet. This unit will tell us if the dimensions and manufacturing process for the tapes are consistent. Fundamentally, we will want to know if there are any differences in the fabric weave.

IMHO, the "evidence" (or as Mr. Conway would correctly refer to it - "discovery") released today sheds no real light on the comparison between the "skull tape" and the "gas can tape".

You're my hero, JWG. Wish I'd have read this sooner so I wouldn't have felt so down about these things.

Written by FRIDAY........

"There. Right or wrong, that's my bluntly honest answer to your question. I can't possibly feel any other way no matter what argument I hear from you or anyone else, and I can even tell you why I will never change my mind about Casey: It's because I know that Caylee used to tuck her hand confidently in Casey's, and look up at her with big, trusting child's eyes, and she called her "Mommy." In return, Casey let her be reduced to ashes worn in lockets and bracelets. Forget all the other things Casey did and didn't do to obstruct and mislead LE. This is enough for me. "

Wow, Friday. That was a moving post. Made me tear up....

Respectfully snipped:

You're my hero, JWG. Wish I'd have read this sooner so I wouldn't have felt so down about these things.

ITA I almost didn't come back to read tonight but this was worth it.

Conway says in the press conference that the 1st paragraph on handwritten page 9588 states that the duct tape does not match.
Found it-thanks!

Yep; I hate to admit it but that's what this says. :banghead:
I wonder...

I am not sure this is accurate, but for some reason I have a remembrance that these duct tape pieces were labeled with one number from OCSD and then the FBI used their own sequence of numbering and did not use the same numbers LE did. Seems I recall Bond and JWG looking at this at some length...I am gonna have to go hunting when I get the chance. Something stinks about this...besides the obvious!:banghead:

Results in on the duct tape:

Henkel's: "Skull tape" and gas can tape a unique brand / variety.

Fingerprint unit: No latent prints found. Not surprising as the tape was in the elements for six months and described as "degraded" in nature.

DNA unit: No DNA belonging to KC or Caylee. If no DNA of Caylee found, then no surprise KC's was not found either. Just too much time in the swamp. There was a DNA sample identified as belonging to FBI examiner. A second sample was limited in nature, but cannot eliminate a second FBI examiner as the source.

Chemistry unit: "Skull tape" composition consistent with gas can tape.

Trace evidence unit: Composition of fiber backing found in "skull tape" differs from gas can tape. A visual, microscopic comparison was done - nothing more. Not surprising as the fibers have a large cotton component. Degradation of "skull tape" will result in different fiber composition. Example: if the cotton fibers in the "skull tape" rot faster than the gas can tape, the ratio of cotton to polyester in both tapes will differ as a result. An analyst must conclude that the composition differs. They cannot speculate what the composition might have been prior to exposure to the elements.

Questioned documents unit: No results yet. This unit will tell us if the dimensions and manufacturing process for the tapes are consistent. Fundamentally, we will want to know if there are any differences in the fabric weave.

IMHO, the "evidence" (or as Mr. Conway would correctly refer to it - "discovery") released today sheds no real light on the comparison between the "skull tape" and the "gas can tape".
I knew we could count on you to bring out the big guns(if there were any lol) and here you have not let me down. So it is possible there is more to come. Heck, it could be in the dump that just went down and they are leading us away from it...

BBM the probability that they purchased a few rolls of the same brand is high imo I can go to my brothers right now and know he'd have extra duct tape, work gloves, plumbing tape etc... and as I recall the 'A's'garage, they seemed to be collectors of stuff. What I find quite odd is that not one single roll of duct tape of any brand was found in that house, garage or sheds. That's just inconceivable to me for a guy not to have any at all. jmo

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

What is BC's motivation to allow himself to be a character in this circus? I just don't get it one bit.

This was actually a big accomplishment for the defense. First they got headlines saying there were many things that didn't match. Second they implied the lab made many errors. Third they implied that the prosecution is being improper by forcing the trial of KC. They are also implying that the prosecution is hiding the evidence that could free KC.

WS'rs will read the articles and compare the evidence reports. But let's face it, many of the public will only see the headlines. That is the A's target audience. They see the headlines and believe there is problems with the evidence.

Media will never put the responses and contradictions in the headlines. So even though they are wrong, I am afraid that defense does get this point. But it hasn't gotten to trial yet. When it gets to trial, the jurors who read the headlines will be waiting for the defense to prove this. And if they are disappointed, if they don't see these factors proved, I think they will hold it against on the defense. That point will go to the prosecution, and that is the point that counts.

Written by FRIDAY........

"There. Right or wrong, that's my bluntly honest answer to your question. I can't possibly feel any other way no matter what argument I hear from you or anyone else, and I can even tell you why I will never change my mind about Casey: It's because I know that Caylee used to tuck her hand confidently in Casey's, and look up at her with big, trusting child's eyes, and she called her "Mommy." In return, Casey let her be reduced to ashes worn in lockets and bracelets. Forget all the other things Casey did and didn't do to obstruct and mislead LE. This is enough for me. "

Wow, Friday. That was a moving post. Made me tear up....

Thanks, Macara. If there are parents on that jury, I believe those jurors will irrefutably convict Casey in their hearts just as soon as they've seen all the evidence of Casey's flirtatious smile and pole dancing, plus her behavior and statements (to LE and her family) from 6/16 through 8/?? (the last jail videotape of Casey with her parents). Add in the facts that she never reported her daughter missing, she wouldn't cooperate with LE, and then show the jury the autopsy photographs of Caylee's skeleton, and that will be that. Casey is responsible for however her trusting, adorable little child came to this grotesque ending.

The defense can deluge the jury with a sunami of argumentative forensic minutia about what was, and was not, found on the duck tape or in the trunk, but it won't matter. They can't overcome the heinous existence of the duck tape or neutralize the stench in that trunk. I'm sure there's a way to let the jurors have a whiff of what it smelled like, and let them decide if it was "pizza."

I guess I should add, though, that I absolutely do not believe Casey will be given the death penalty. She has the devil's own luck, and that 31 day delay, plus the 5 additional months before Caylee was found, all combined to make it impossible for LE to gather the kind of evidence that would insense jurors enough to enable them to sentence her to the same ending she gave her daughter. Unlike Casey, jurors have consciences and hearts, and so they will feel compelled to spare her life.

I'm hoping for LWOP, but realistically, I think she will end up with a fairly hefty prison sentence instead.

lets hope she or "they" did try to get rid of all rolls of duct tape after they knew the duct tape was used in the MURDER of Caylee

by throwing all rolls of tape away, either by the family or by KC

they sure did throw up a big ol flag to LE

ohhhhhhhhh, but one has to wonder just because they threw the rolls away
doesnt mean they threw away all pieces of tape that might have been in the house, shed, garage, or cars which can could also be linked to the tape
that was used in the MURDER

i can go around my house and garage RIGHT NOW and find pieces of tape that are used for a few different purposes on different things

for some of us duct tape is the quick answer for minor repairs :bananalama:

They are working together - JB turned around and filed motion to drop DP and Murder charges against KC - they are all working together - they are all working together

IMO this is the result of putting off the trail too long, excuse of not enough time to know the case is only for a chance to fool around and make arrses of themselves like this. They are doing a great job of that, to say the least.

Respectfully BBM. I'm in a mood to stand up and answer your question with the bold, unvarnished truth: I will grasp at anything that might help get Casey Anthony convicted! I loathe her for never--NEVER--reporting to the police that her 2 year old daughter was "gone." I loathe her for laughing and pole dancing and enjoying sex while Caylee's chubby little body was rotting into a skeleton. Whatever horror resulted in Caylee's death and inhumane disposal, it was Casey's fault either directly or indirectly, and I want her convicted!!!!

There. Right or wrong, that's my bluntly honest answer to your question. I can't possibly feel any other way no matter what argument I hear from you or anyone else, and I can even tell you why I will never change my mind about Casey: It's because I know that Caylee used to tuck her hand confidently in Casey's, and look up at her with big, trusting child's eyes, and she called her "Mommy." In return, Casey let her be reduced to ashes worn in lockets and bracelets. Forget all the other things Casey did and didn't do to obstruct and mislead LE. This is enough for me.

Justice may be about getting to the truth based on facts, but trials are not. Trials particularly with a high powered defense team are exactly "about twisting and tweaking things" in order to get an acquittal.

Unfortunately, facts and evidence do not necessarily get a conviction. If they did, then no blatently guilty party would ever get off on a technicality such as "the accused was filmed commiting the murder but he had an expectation of privacy at the time so the film is inadmissable." KWIM?

POTW (Post of the Week.) :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Isn't what BC and the Anthony's just did, considered interference in a murder case? The Anthony's aren't on trial (They Should be!) So why are they allowed to interfere with a murder investigation? Is this legal?

Oh, they're working on it..........trying to make up a story that will fly. It's not easy as they have to explain away first and foremost the fact that Caylee was missing for 31 days and her mother never reported her missing.

Then, they've got to explain away the partying in nightclubs and playing house with TL while her child is missing, the odor of a dead body in Casey's car, all of Casey's lies, the computer searches by Casey on chloroform, neck breaking, and household items as weapons, the cadaver dog hits on the Anthony backyard and the car, the fact that Caylee's remains were found right around the corner from the Anthony home, the fact that just about everything found with the remains was from the Anthony home, and explain away numerous other pieces of evidence.

It's hard coming up with the "mother of all lies" story explaining why Casey is innocent. With no story forthcoming, they may have to hire a Hollywood script-writer.

Bold mine.

Ummm....I think they've done that already...Cindy's little bald courtroom pal. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member