AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The money was deposited through Centrelink payments, previous wages and other unknown sources. In December 2010 a woman pretending to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson went to a compulsory interview at Centrelink in South Australia with identity documents.
"Also, disturbingly, it appears that in June 2010 a woman in a wheelchair impersonating Ms Pearce-Stevenson attended Australian Central Credit Union, Elizabeth, to update banking records," police say.
Investigations continue as to whether it was the same woman in both instances. There have also been multiple sightings of people appearing as Ms Pearce-Stevenson.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...n-canberra-20151027-gkjuhe.html#ixzz3plSj5g58

So there are other times aside from the bank and Centrelink times.

Their goose is cooked.

Well, well, well. Good find. I hadn't entertained the possibility of someone's mother being involved. Makes perfect sense though.

Sister or girlfriend?

Karlie could have travelled with all her IDs in the glove box and we are yet to find out if her handbag was ever found.
The only thing that had a photo ID was her drivers licence. Don't drivers licences last for 5 years?
If necessary cut and dye their hair the same colour and even colour contacts lenses could trick the RTA.
People (apparently) take on others 'lives' regularly.

'Activity' could be deposits as well as withdrawals.

I've lost the page now ... but I think the 7th of January 2009 was for Petrol at a Mobil at Alice Springs. (I'll have to double check that though).

Yes, 7th of January 2009 was for Petrol at Mobil in Alice, and 9 November 2008 was an EFTPOS transaction at Coles. Surely this means these people were familiar to Alice Springs and possibly already connected with Karlie, what other reason could there be? Anyone got any thoughts? Why would they drive 1300 kms backwards and forwards - it's not like it's a trip down the road. That's just too much coincidence IMO.

I think it's very interesting that whoever had Karlie's bank card after her death travelled to her home town (Alice Springs) within the month following her death. Like Belanglo, Alice Springs isn't somewhere you just happen to end up. Driving all that way is a purposeful trip and, in my opinion, highly risky given it was her home town. To me it looks very likely that these people were known to Karlie and known to the town of Alice Springs. In what capacity I'm not sure.

FYI there are 25000 people living in Alice Springs according to Google.

Alice Springs being a small town and Karlie being a local all her life, I find it strange that someone using Karlie's EFTPOS card wasn't questioned at the service station as to why they were using her card. Perhaps the service station attendant didn't even look at the card and just processed the sale.

This happened recently -sounds familiar?
Margaret Archer appeared in Murray Bridge Magistrates Court on Monday charged with one count of theft, over her alleged use of Jody Meyers’ card to withdraw $250 from the Bank SA branch at Mannum on August 27.

The body of Ms Meyers, 20, was found buried under concrete in a back shed in the backyard of a property owned by the parents of her partner, Neil Archer, about a month after her disappearance.

Accused murderer Neil Archer’s mother, Margaret, faces court charged with using victim’s bank card

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...574645816?sv=b69a88b38206558c0a7110cf0c6d6187

There is a thread for the Jody Meyers case at the link below.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Mannum-26-August-2015&p=12043480#post12043480

Alice Springs being a small town and Karlie being a local all her life, I find it strange that someone using Karlie's EFTPOS card wasn't questioned at the service station as to why they were using her card. Perhaps the service station attendant didn't even look at the card and just processed the sale.

I often give my card to my daughter to pay for fuel while I fill the car. There are never any questions asked.

But Crikey these have gall!
My Hinkey meter is on 'TILT'.

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

Were they withdrawing cash from the service station ATM Makara? No attendant?

Or it is pump pay which means no attendant?

IMO it's not a small town, well it wasn't when I was there in May of this year. I was expecting a little town with one road running through it. It's actually quite large with all the major department stores, many shopping centres, fast food outlets etc....

That's a tight timeline to drive, probably impossible without a co-driver. Google maps have Alice Springs to Adelaide as 16 hours driving (no breaks). Consider the police have said Khandalyce was in the car when it was stopped in Cooper Pedy on the 8th.

3/11 Pt Augusta
6/11 Adelaide (16hrs driving)
8/11 Pulled over in Cooper Pedy (9 hrs driving)
9/11 Alice Springs (7 hrs driving)
14/11 Adelaide (16 hrs driving)
Insert somewhere in here also the meeting with the friend at Marion Shopping Centre - no wonder she looked tired)
17/11 Mt Gambier (4 hrs) Interesting that both a suitcase shop (Strandbags) and photo shop are located here. Was Karlie dead already or was it planned she would be..... although there is an unconfirmed sighting of her in Canberra....

Such a busy time for her. Was Khandalyce with her the whole time....

Timeline from here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-27/timeline-karlie-pearce-stevenson-bank-account-activity/6890008

ABN could have been applied to commit GST fraud. New businesses tend to have large start up costs so they pay out lots in GST and don't collect any. ATO sends out GST refund cheques until things start to look fishy, sometimes never... How do you charge a dead girl for tax fraud? You have to find her killers it would seem. I think they are not far off.

The entity for the ABN was not registered for GST - cannot claim GST if not registered. Registration for GST is only mandatory if turnover is $75,000 or more. Below $75,000 turnover, GST registration is optional.

What if someone was being paid off to keep the suitcase hidden at their property and once the centrelink payments stopped so did the suitcase payments? Then the suitcase was dumped in clear view because the person holding onto it didn't care to hide it anymore.

Good thinking.
But I'm still stuck on trying to come up with any reason to keep the case of clothes in the first place.
Yet there must be a reason because we know somebody kept them.

Some general musings from me...

Had the bank card expired and in order to obtain a new one, the people posing as Karlie would have to give an address for it to be posted to, something that they weren't willing to risk. Not sure how it works in Australia, in the UK you either have then posted out or you have to collect from the bank with ID. Could her card have been cloned to produce two cards to use? Hence the large distances between the activity?

I strongly suspect that this is not opportunistic, someone must've known a lot about Karlie and Khandles to keep the pretence up that they were alive. I suspect that beautiful Khandles was alive for longer, maybe cared for by one of the women, which is why her belongings were with her, also, Khandles hair seems longer than in the photos from the shopping centre which were taken shortly before she was last seen iirc.

It's absolutely tragic, such sweet girls totally in the wrong place.

So last seen in Canberra, last ACT bank action was in Deakin, Canberra. Deakin is a total of 12 minutes from Campbell ACT. Campbell is the location where convicted Pedophile Shane Williams came from (the guy currently locked up for 4.5 years).

"Shane Williams, 40, from Campbell, was making his way to a police station for his annual sex offender check-in when he decided to stop at the Belconnen Library to use the toilets." http://www.mako.org.au/shane-williams-paedophile-repeat-offender.html

Also does the person in question have connections to Alice Springs? They went straight there after in all likelihood, Karlie had died. Why? Im still torn between Williams, Ashley or the Archers. Interestingly 2011 I think was when Ashley topped his wife, was that why transactions stopped? <modsnip>

Just some of my thoughts. The sooner these pieces of dirt are arrested the better.

That's a tight timeline to drive, probably impossible without a co-driver. Google maps have Alice Springs to Adelaide as 16 hours driving (no breaks). Consider the police have said Khandalyce was in the car when it was stopped in Cooper Pedy on the 8th.

3/11 Pt Augusta
Insert somewhere in here also the meeting with the friend at Marion Shopping Centre - no wonder she looked tired)
17/11 Mt Gambier (4 hrs) Interesting that both a suitcase shop (Strandbags) and photo shop are located here. Was Karlie dead already or was it planned she would be..... although there is an unconfirmed sighting of her in Canberra....

Timeline from here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-27/timeline-karlie-pearce-stevenson-bank-account-activity/6890008

Not for a truck driver it isn't

But as she was pulled over by the cops at one stage, I guess she really was doing all that driving on her own (or at least with her own car)

I hope this was not where the suitcase was purchased.

November 17, 2008

Purchase from shops Rabbit Photo and Strandbags.

Could a passport photo etc been purchased from Rabbit Photo?
Would the shop keep the negatives or copies?

Alice Springs is still a fairly large sized town, somewhere in the vicinity of 25,000 people - there's no way people would know everyone there, even if you lived there all your life. There are about 3 petrol stations in Alice and they would probably have a lot of casual staff. Also, no-one checks what card you use. It's common practice nowadays to "pay wave" if the transaction's under $100, and it's now pretty standard policy that staff don't touch your card when you use EFTPOS, let alone actually look at it. I use my partner's card all the time when we fuel up, and no-one ever actually looks at the card.

It could be a shelf company. We have one, the name means nothing at all.

It is not a company, just a business name behind a Sole Trader entity. Business name was likely not a registered business name with the appropriate authority in SA.

3/11 Pt Augusta

Des Bray says the sighting now confirmed in Canberra.

IMO it's not a small town, well it wasn't when I was there in May of this year. I was expecting a little town with one road running through it. It's actually quite large with all the major department stores, many shopping centres, fast food outlets etc....

I was going to say that.
Alice Springs is pretty big - not a place where everyone knows everyone else.

Good thinking.
But I'm still stuck on trying to come up with any reason to keep the case of clothes in the first place.
Yet there must be a reason because we know somebody kept them.

I think like you said before it was either leverage/blackmail/protection or there was an emotional attachment somehow. Perhaps one of the women in this group grew attached to the little one and maybe wanted to keep her..but someone killed her instead. She may have stashed the little one and the suitcase, and for some reason these remains have been discarded this year.

Maybe she passed on, and family members cleaned it out? Maybe she lived local, and the case was stolen from her property?

Keeping the remains in both scenarios suggest something a woman, more so than a man, would do. Men would be more likely to toss anything that connects them to something, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic