AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just more info for people here for the understanding of this.

Ohh OK cool....

It is interesting.... I actually tried to find the area before and couldn't quite pin it down...so I'm glad you posted it.

I didn't see any of your wording reference to "police would like to talk to him". From your quote:

"Wanted by police is an elderly man, who was seen min. 2 times near Wynarka with a suitcase."​

If I had seen your reference to "police would like to talk to him", I wouldn't have written what I did. I'm only trying to point out that sentences like that are the ones that grow legs and people then take as fact, especially given you've listed it under "facts".

This case is complicated enough as it is, without people grabbing the wrong stick.

Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
No, he is not "wanted" as a suspect. Police would like to talk to him - also my wording.

First I repeated my wrong wording (not bolded), then I tried to word better (bolded).
Both sentences were each in 2 different posts.

I didn't know, it would be such a problem to have chosen the wrong word "wanted". I have expressed myself carelessly, sorry for that to all readers.

http://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/...glo-State-Forest/Daleys-Clearing-camping-area

Thanks plongi, those details were excellent re the forest and access routes vs the site where she was found.

This link shows a map of the Belanglo forest. What the aerial maps do not show is if you drove much further along the road marked in aqua, and did not turn off, you

would be out of the forest and into a cleared area. So not what i would classify as "deep" in the forest. so again, goes to perhaps a lack of familiarity with the area.

With regards to the placement of Karli's body, I think he must have had some level of planning/advice (eg. a mud map) — because that doesn't look like a casual drive in the bush! It is definitely the road less travelled. Maybe not as dumb as we have thunk.

I for some reason always imagined the spot to be like some sort of camping area.... Your (Plongi) shows that it's much more dense bushland area...

So IMO it probably was far enough in to think her body wouldn't be found.

Can I ask why you are curious about this aspect of the disposal site?

That was my understanding also:

"A group of trail-bike riders came across the bones in dense bushland near Daly’s Waterhole, in the Belanglo State Forest, in August last year." (BBM).

http://www.news.com.au/national/police-release-womans-face-after-human-bones-were-found-in-belanglo-state-forest/story-e6frfkvr-1226212134175

From the look of that map, that is miles away from Dalys Waterhole. I wonder what they classify as "near".

And yet:

"The remains were found just off Brethren Point Road in a heavily-wooded area of the forest known as Dalys Waterhole." (BBM).

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/human-skull-among-new-remains-found-in-belanglo-says-trail-biker-20100829-13xrq.html

Yet this photo of the police with a blue tarp is on a well used track:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/det...o/news-story/d3933d4489f9d79f3a78b5aab8f3e1f1

Now I'm confused. :thinking:

First I repeated my wrong wording (not bolded), then I tried to word better (bolded).
Both sentences were each in 2 different posts.

I didn't know, it would be such a problem to have chosen the wrong word "wanted". I have expressed myself carelessly, sorry for that to all readers.

No worries FromGermany. I hadn't seen your other post with the the reference to police would like to talk to him. Thanks for the explanation. All good.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The pink shows the main drive through the forest. down to the rifle range , Scouts Orienteering etc.
The aqua is where you would divert off to get to Karlies spot.
Green circle is the area where she was found.
Orange is Milats territory.

The first time I ever went to the forest I naturally followed the pink line .. through the pines and then reaching the native forest.
Milat who had knowledge of the forest would veer right and head over to the northern side which isn't on the commonly driven path. You go his way for a reason as its not really a through pass unless you have a good 4 wld. That is once you reach the native forest. The pines are just pines with nowhere to hide anything. But when the forest starts its tough.

Following the pink line, its easier to get deep into native forest in any car. Unless you divert off the main tracks then it gets a bit more serious.

So check it out and see what you can come up with.
To me it looks like straight in to what seems remote. Whether knowingly or by basic follow your nose stuff I dont know.

The overhead shot shows how far of the track she was " blue tent" is that far enough to think she wont be found ?

Have you got a link for that article plongi. I wouldn't mind reading the full article.

Brethren Point Rd is the aqau line
So that other track comes off the side.
All the tracks in there are well used. Its a very busy area. The whole forest. Sop its probably not such a great place to leave a body.
Milats first were found by orienteerers. They run all over that place.
Motor bikes are a big thing too as well us hunting as it is state forest.

That was my understanding also:

"A group of trail-bike riders came across the bones in dense bushland near Daly’s Waterhole, in the Belanglo State Forest, in August last year." (BBM).

http://www.news.com.au/national/police-release-womans-face-after-human-bones-were-found-in-belanglo-state-forest/story-e6frfkvr-1226212134175

From the look of that map, that is miles away from Dalys Waterhole. I wonder what they classify as "near".

And yet:

"The remains were found just off Brethren Point Road in a heavily-wooded area of the forest known as Dalys Waterhole." (BBM).

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/human-skull-among-new-remains-found-in-belanglo-says-trail-biker-20100829-13xrq.html

Yet this photo of the police with a blue tarp is on a well used track:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/det...o/news-story/d3933d4489f9d79f3a78b5aab8f3e1f1

Now I'm confused. :thinking:

Brethren Point Rd is the aqau line
So that other track comes off the side.
All the tracks in there are well used. Its a very busy area. The whole forest. Sop its probably not such a great place to leave a body.
Milats first were found by orienteerers. They run all over that place.
Motor bikes are a big thing too as well us hunting as it is state forest.

Thanks again plongi. I'm confused because that's not very near to Daly's Waterhole. I got the impression from other articles that the track off which they found Karlie's remains was just off Daly's Waterhole, and by all accounts, it doesn't seem to be. (Unless I've got it wrong somewhere).

yep I know it is a strange.
I have just pieced together bits from around and that is where it come too.
There is Daleys clearing which is a camp ground where there used to be a homestead and that has a dam but I dont think that is Daleys water hole. I think the water hole is off Brethren road towards the state forest. The former is in pine Plantation so it cant be there

Thanks again plongi. I'm confused because that's not very near to Daly's Waterhole. I got the impression from other articles that the track off which they found Karlie's remains was just off Daly's Waterhole, and by all accounts, it doesn't seem to be. (Unless I've got it wrong somewhere).

I for some reason always imagined the spot to be like some sort of camping area.... Your (Plongi) shows that it's much more dense bushland area...

So IMO it probably was far enough in to think her body wouldn't be found.

Can I ask why you are curious about this aspect of the disposal site?

This is the video Wanted on Channel Ten.
Think it has been posted before.
It takes you for a drive to the spot.

[video=youtube;DpELeVN870E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpELeVN870E[/video]
Angel - Unidentified Body | Part 1

Agree Trooper - just fascinated that neither did they debunk either claim, almost as if letting them float out there in cyberspace would bring a whole lot of death beetles scurrying from under a whole lot of dirty rocks...IMO
This isn't a fact... the facts are as follows..

MSN reported that a person had contacted Crimestoppers with this story, re the $25,000 and the $5000 'bounty' MSN was able to report this, because the person who contacted Crimestoppers contacted the MSN. Main Stream News at no time gave credence to the content of the call. Merely, the call itself and the confirmation of that call ( but not confirmation of the content of the call ) is all that has been reported..

To confuse this and then to conflate it into 'Karlie left N.T. with $25,000 etc ' and to claim it as fact is an error that keeps on repeating, despite all corrections, because, perhaps, some people don't want it corrected.. they want it to be this way.. I don't know why.

the MSN then contacted the police , who confirmed that a call reporting this story had been made.. nothing more, nothing less. No confirmation of the story the caller told. No agreement that the story had legs. No statement as to the identity of who is owed the $25,000 or who posted a 'bounty' nothing , nothing , nothing.. The confusion arises when the call , and the content of the call are merged into one as if both really exist, and as far as is known, only the call exists..

What the police said, was.. certainly, this call was made to Crimestoppers.. and for some reason, I cant figure out why, people are leaping from that to the actual fact of the $25,000, the bounty, etc, where there is absolutely and categorically and unequivocally no confirmation of this accusation made by the caller to Crimestoppers as having any fact in it at all.

No argument as to whether the call was made, it was.. but the police definitely declined to give the story any air or respectability.

So...a call to Crimestoppers doesn't make it a fact. It makes it merely a call to Crimestoppers and that is all it makes it. It isn't a matter of opinion or choice, it's a matter of what is, and what isn't.

This is the video Wanted on Channel Ten.
Think it has been posted before.
It takes you for a drive to the spot.

[video=youtube;DpELeVN870E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpELeVN870E[/video]
Angel - Unidentified Body | Part 1

That was brilliant, thanks soso.

From the video clip:

Forensic scientist: "Only one piece of clothing is found at the crime scene - a woman's t-shirt with a distinctive motif". (BBM). I wonder what happened to all her other clothes.

Police officer: "We're confident this t-shirt was worn by this girl at the time she was taken to the forest." (BBM). To me, in conjunction with the above "only one piece of clothing is found at the crime scene" this makes me wonder if they are alluding that the t-shirt wasn't originally on the body when it was found. They are not saying she was wearing the t-shirt, only that they are confident it was worn by the girl at the time she was taken to the forest. Open to interpretation maybe?

Forensic scientist: "It is tragic to think that all that remains of this young woman who is the victim of a brutal murder is an incomplete collection of bones and a t-shirt ... Forensic examination reveals that the woman was most certainly murdered - police don't know how." (BBM). I hadn't realised Karlie's skeleton was incomplete. Once again, only the mention of finding a t-shirt and nothing else.

Forensic Psychiatrist: "It may well have been a domestic homicide where someone in a dysfunctional relationship ended up murdering his partner."

So in my opinion, I'm not confident that she was positively wearing the t-shirt at the time of her murder. I believe one paper article stated that she was wearing it, but from memory, another article mentioned the t-shirt being found with the body, and I'm confused as to what happened to all her other clothing she must have been wearing at the time.

I also found it interesting in the video that it seemed the leg bones may have been found separately a small distance from the skull. But I wouldn't rely on that 100%, as it was a bit difficult to ascertain from the video - it was just the impression I got from where he was standing explaining where the leg bones were found, and then talking about the skull being found tucked near the log.

yep I know it is a strange.
I have just pieced together bits from around and that is where it come too.
There is Daleys clearing which is a camp ground where there used to be a homestead and that has a dam but I dont think that is Daleys water hole. I think the water hole is off Brethren road towards the state forest. The former is in pine Plantation so it cant be there

Ah, okay. Maybe that's where the confusion is from. Thanks.

attachment.php
just updated my image of where.
A little more vague but is along Brethryn.

Attachments

• brethryn.jpg
    brethryn.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 228
Bones get moved around by animals sadly.
A fire had been through there too so maybe the clothes were burnt away.

That was brilliant, thanks soso.

From the video clip:

Forensic scientist: "Only one piece of clothing is found at the crime scene - a woman's t-shirt with a distinctive motif". (BBM). I wonder what happened to all her other clothes.

Police officer: "We're confident this t-shirt was worn by this girl at the time she was taken to the forest." (BBM). To me, in conjunction with the above "only one piece of clothing is found at the crime scene" this makes me wonder if they are alluding that the t-shirt wasn't originally on the body when it was found. They are not saying she was wearing the t-shirt, only that they are confident it was worn by the girl at the time she was taken to the forest. Open to interpretation maybe?

Forensic scientist: "It is tragic to think that all that remains of this young woman who is the victim of a brutal murder is an incomplete collection of bones and a t-shirt ... Forensic examination reveals that the woman was most certainly murdered - police don't know how." (BBM). I hadn't realised Karlie's skeleton was incomplete. Once again, only the mention of finding a t-shirt and nothing else.

Forensic Psychiatrist: "It may well have been a domestic homicide where someone in a dysfunctional relationship ended up murdering his partner."

So in my opinion, I'm not confident that she was positively wearing the t-shirt at the time of her murder. I believe one paper article stated that she was wearing it, but from memory, another article mentioned the t-shirt being found with the body, and I'm confused as to what happened to all her other clothing she must have been wearing at the time.

I also found it interesting in the video that it seemed the leg bones may have been found separately a small distance from the skull. But I wouldn't rely on that 100%, as it was a bit difficult to ascertain from the video - it was just the impression I got from where he was standing explaining where the leg bones were found, and then talking about the skull being found tucked near the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills